What has a wider impact than raid?

Replies

• Options
    New feats for one round of GAC. Obviously
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno are you indirectly confirming that you know a GW overhaul is coming?

no. just that things they have spoken about (as a long term plan) sound like that in theory. but I dont know what the plan actually is or how it will play out in the short term. they are working on an "event creation tool", that is all we know for certain. terms like "procedural generation of battles" and "use of a wider range of your roster", are essentially what GW was, until it was made easy. it will not be a GW overhaul.

We know for certain they were working on a new raid but it has been paused (or reworked into a new game mode) That new game mode that they're working on might get paused too. Or like tournaments, it might get scratched. We won't know until it's actually released.
  • Tcetter
    55 posts Member
    Options
    I love blitz mode, and I only do about 5 battles a day in it. Just because there is a first place doesn't mean you have be in it. Its a great way to play with characters you hardly ever use anywhere else. [/quote]

Me too. Plus you get rewards for it. I find MSF way more player friendly from that perspective. I even got a Mother’s Day gift! Can’t remember the last time we got a gift from CG.

• Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Bronzium packs. Nearly 100% of players open those every day. They’ve upgraded that, so the job is done!
  • Options
    any addition of vehicles will have a very low impact at the beginning, if they do it. If they add vehicles they are not going to be immediately useful for much of the player base, beyond some basic things.

I'm not sure how everything will play out or where the starting point will be (or when) but what you are saying about GW seems to be "the plan" in some sense. Trying to get away from every event being hand crafted events to more of a procedurally generated game mode that allows "regular game play" using more of our roster. I'm hoping we get some information in the RA/SoTG coming this month and they start to lay the ground work for the plan we keep hearing about. but from what we are hearing that is the "end goal" to some extent.

I think if CG was to change GW, they could provide a blitz mode similar to what MSF has. I would prefer they leave GW as is and simply add a blitz type of mode. That is procedurally generated. For players that are used to the GW rewards, it would be difficult for some of the players to lose those rewards.

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Given how people are still whining that they hate ships two years after they came out, I can't see them exactly bending over backwards to rush out a "vehicle" mode.

I think one thing that hurts ships is the lack of a ship based raid. The new ship raid wouldn’t have had to be LS Geo TB difficulty, but some to help farm ships and USE ships against a Death Star Raid would and still could be a great raid. We should’ve had a ship raid a long time ago.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »

no. just that things they have spoken about (as a long term plan) sound like that in theory. but I dont know what the plan actually is or how it will play out in the short term. they are working on an "event creation tool", that is all we know for certain. terms like "procedural generation of battles" and "use of a wider range of your roster", are essentially what GW was, until it was made easy. it will not be a GW overhaul.

We know for certain they were working on a new raid but it has been paused (or reworked into a new game mode) That new game mode that they're working on might get paused too. Or like tournaments, it might get scratched. We won't know until it's actually released.

raid that was paused, not reworked into anything. this new tool they have been working on is not a game mode, but a way for them to make "events and such" faster. no it will not get paused, it is getting done, which is why the raid has been paused.

we dont know what the full usage or implementation of this tool will be, or the timeline for the end goal or how they will roll it out, because its not a single "thing" it is a tool.

there are many reasons tournaments got scratched and that has literally nothing to do with this new tool, as even if the plans they have to use it for as of right now get scrapped for whatever reason they will still have the tool to create other content, thats kind of the point and why they committed to focus on it. its a long term thing. it will not be a "single thing" so we wont actually know anything about the end goal or how far it could reach into other aspects of content generation.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    any addition of vehicles will have a very low impact at the beginning, if they do it. If they add vehicles they are not going to be immediately useful for much of the player base, beyond some basic things.

I'm not sure how everything will play out or where the starting point will be (or when) but what you are saying about GW seems to be "the plan" in some sense. Trying to get away from every event being hand crafted events to more of a procedurally generated game mode that allows "regular game play" using more of our roster. I'm hoping we get some information in the RA/SoTG coming this month and they start to lay the ground work for the plan we keep hearing about. but from what we are hearing that is the "end goal" to some extent.

I think if CG was to change GW, they could provide a blitz mode similar to what MSF has. I would prefer they leave GW as is and simply add a blitz type of mode. That is procedurally generated. For players that are used to the GW rewards, it would be difficult for some of the players to lose those rewards.

from what we have heard about that Blitz is, it doesn't seem likely. we had a game mode similar to that and it had many issues. I believe one of the stated reasons to remove it was the huge amount of play time that didnt' yield anything as far as progress, but that could be limited to the tournament design we saw and may not be a factor if it followed more of a "blitz" style. I dont know.
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

raid that was paused, not reworked into anything. this new tool they have been working on is not a game mode, but a way for them to make "events and such" faster. no it will not get paused, it is getting done, which is why the raid has been paused.

we dont know what the full usage or implementation of this tool will be, or the timeline for the end goal or how they will roll it out, because its not a single "thing" it is a tool.

there are many reasons tournaments got scratched and that has literally nothing to do with this new tool, as even if the plans they have to use it for as of right now get scrapped for whatever reason they will still have the tool to create other content, thats kind of the point and why they committed to focus on it. its a long term thing. it will not be a "single thing" so we wont actually know anything about the end goal or how far it could reach into other aspects of content generation.

Q: Whatever happened to Arcade / Mythic Raids? The whole scoring system was a neat idea and interesting take but its been a year since all that stuff was datamined to be a work in progress.?
    A: CG_Vyeking - The foundation laid for Arcade/Mythic raids last year will serve as the bones for our upcoming content system. Our goal for this feature is to provide you with more solo and guild content more quickly, and for all players. Pre-production for this feature has just started and you can expect to see something later in 2020.

Is what I meant by reworking raids. I guess that doesn't necessarily refer the same raid that was paused for the content tool... Has a developer told you something otherwise or are you just referring to the same forum posts I am?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Q: Whatever happened to Arcade / Mythic Raids? The whole scoring system was a neat idea and interesting take but its been a year since all that stuff was datamined to be a work in progress.?
    A: CG_Vyeking - The foundation laid for Arcade/Mythic raids last year will serve as the bones for our upcoming content system. Our goal for this feature is to provide you with more solo and guild content more quickly, and for all players. Pre-production for this feature has just started and you can expect to see something later in 2020.

Is what I meant by reworking raids. I guess that doesn't necessarily refer the same raid that was paused for the content tool... Has a developer told you something otherwise or are you just referring to the same forum posts I am?

from my understanding of what they are talking about here it is additional tiers of existing raids (not reworks),and not the new raid that was paused.

and I believe this may be part of the path that the new tool is allowing them to make (faster). but I could be wrong. they dont exactly point to statements they made and say, "this is what i'm talking about and here is the plan around that"
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options

from my understanding of what they are talking about here it is additional tiers of existing raids (not reworks),and not the new raid that was paused.

and I believe this may be part of the path that the new tool is allowing them to make (faster). but I could be wrong. they dont exactly point to statements they made and say, "this is what i'm talking about and here is the plan around that"

Q: You guys mentioned working on new content tools to churn out content faster, any update on when that will be complete?
    A: CG_Miller - Work on the tools is constant and we are getting new features for our tools every sprint. While the tools help development immensely, they are not a magic "make content" button. There is still art and animation that need to be made, and QA milestones, as well as balancing the characters to fit where we expect them to in the meta.

Well, they've been talking about the tool for a long time, but we still haven't seen or heard anything lately. I hope you're right and it doesn't get paused and none of the 'many reasons' Tournaments got cancelled has any affect on this new content tool, but again, until they show us something it's just an empty tease.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Q: You guys mentioned working on new content tools to churn out content faster, any update on when that will be complete?
    A: CG_Miller - Work on the tools is constant and we are getting new features for our tools every sprint. While the tools help development immensely, they are not a magic "make content" button. There is still art and animation that need to be made, and QA milestones, as well as balancing the characters to fit where we expect them to in the meta.

Well, they've been talking about the tool for a long time, but we still haven't seen or heard anything lately. I hope you're right and it doesn't get paused and none of the 'many reasons' Tournaments got cancelled has any affect on this new content tool, but again, until they show us something it's just an empty tease.

again, its not a single thing or element that can be put on hold or paused of "be effected" like a single game mode can be. it is different as they are stating in that exact quote......
    that could be said about anything in the QA, no one is asking you believe anything, and i am not here to convince you of anything. i'm just talking about what i have heard and what we have all seen them say.
    jlm2gyxrqwz4.png
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options

again, its not a single thing or element that can be put on hold or paused of "be effected" like a single game mode can be. it is different as they are stating in that exact quote......
    that could be said about anything in the QA, no one is asking you believe anything, and i am not here to convince you of anything. i'm just talking about what i have heard and what we have all seen them say.
    jlm2gyxrqwz4.png

I just don't think the tool you're referring to is the new content that 'reaches a wider audience than a raid'. They reference the tool several times as it helps them create content, but not that it pops out whole events. This is why I suspect a blitz mode. But if you're right and it's some completely innovative game mode that we can all fall in love with, that would be great. I just don't expect it...

If you're getting direct messages with more info, I'd love a hint, but I'm posting 'sources' for my opinions. You're talking about 'my understanding' and 'I believe this may be' right after shutting down a question about reworked GW with a hard 'no'.

Q: Are there any new raid coming to SWGOH? We haven't seen many new guild activities in a while. And please make it hard!
    A: CG_Tophat - We were doing initial development on one last year, but we've paused work on it for the moment. We've been working on something that we think will have a wider impact on the overall playerbase that we'll discuss in more detail in next month's road ahead.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

jlm2gyxrqwz4.png

I just don't think the tool you're referring to is the new content that 'reaches a wider audience than a raid'. They reference the tool several times as it helps them create content, but not that it pops out whole events. This is why I suspect a blitz mode. But if you're right and it's some completely innovative game mode that we can all fall in love with, that would be great. I just don't expect it...

If you're getting direct messages with more info, I'd love a hint, but I'm posting 'sources' for my opinions. You're talking about 'my understanding' and 'I believe this may be' right after shutting down a question about reworked GW with a hard 'no'.

Q: Are there any new raid coming to SWGOH? We haven't seen many new guild activities in a while. And please make it hard!
    A: CG_Tophat - We were doing initial development on one last year, but we've paused work on it for the moment. We've been working on something that we think will have a wider impact on the overall playerbase that we'll discuss in more detail in next month's road ahead.

I keep things loose and open, because what I believe may not be the full story form what I have heard. I cannot speak to what is coming because I dont know exactly what is coming, and I cannot speak directly to what I hear.

yes that answer is what I am refereing to. and yes that is the tool they seem to be working on. no its not as simple as popping out an event, which is why I have said faster, not instantly and use the phrase like procedurally generated, just to mean less hand crafting. less hands on each element. more menu style selection for the generation of parts of an event that can be automated.

so from my understanding of what they are doing and the blitz game mode, no thats not what I expect.

I also dont expect this to be something "brand new" just a way to expand on things in a way we have not seen before. because if they can do that easier and quicker, then things that need to be hand crafted and take time seem like less of a chore from our prospective because we have things to fill these luls. (like the one we are seeing now) but as always I could be wrong, and hopefully we will see some statements this week to what may or may not be coming to the game.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Options

overall I think a raid will have varying levels of impact on the community, just like every raid previously. Also,if you follow the pacing they have done for raids, we would be raiding not that often.

generally speaking, anything that gets us to a place where we have content we can play that doesn't rely on a others/ or a chalendar, I think we will be in a better place.

So in a year after working on a ‘new game mode’ that they’ll drop because it’s too expensive and not enough players will use it, what will they say to keep us spending?

I for one doubt they are working on anything other than the new CG game. The only content they’ve delivered us in like 8 months is what 6-8 characters (which like the vast majority of players, I don’t consider to be content)...

The new raid may not have happened more than once a week, but that’s better than nothing, which is what we have currently , and what I anticipate we’ll get.
  • Options

jlm2gyxrqwz4.png

I keep things loose and open, because what I believe may not be the full story form what I have heard. I cannot speak to what is coming because I dont know exactly what is coming, and I cannot speak directly to what I hear.

yes that answer is what I am refereing to. and yes that is the tool they seem to be working on. no its not as simple as popping out an event, which is why I have said faster, not instantly and use the phrase like procedurally generated, just to mean less hand crafting. less hands on each element. more menu style selection for the generation of parts of an event that can be automated.

so from my understanding of what they are doing and the blitz game mode, no thats not what I expect.

I also dont expect this to be something "brand new" just a way to expand on things in a way we have not seen before. because if they can do that easier and quicker, then things that need to be hand crafted and take time seem like less of a chore from our prospective because we have things to fill these luls. (like the one we are seeing now) but as always I could be wrong, and hopefully we will see some statements this week to what may or may not be coming to the game.

No offense @Kyno: that was as cryptic as the old CG riddles.

I would like to see a GW makeover that looks like the old SW Battlefront galactic conquest or a monthly challenge that can be attempted once a day and scales up in difficulty quickly.

CG could even offer all the same GW rewards in the first 2 stages and make them simmable. For the other stages there could be restrictions like Rogue 1 characters only, tuskens, Jawas, etc.

My 2¢.
  • Options
    More packs
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Options
    We really need a someone on youtube to shout a new joke or catchphrase, these are getting so overused that they are posted back to back
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    We really need a someone on youtube to shout a new joke or catchphrase, these are getting so overused that they are posted back to back

What other new content do we have to talk about?

December content = a first of its kind pack
    January content = new tiers to an AB and new packs
    February content = new tiers to other ABs and packs
    March content = GL release and new packs
    April content = Some marquees and more packs

Did I miss anything?

I’m being generous calling most of this content since even the developers have said they don’t consider the new AB tiers “new content.”
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Options

Did I miss anything?

I’m being generous calling most of this content since even the developers have said they don’t consider the new AB tiers “new content.”

The problem is people just use it as a punchline because other people do, especially content creators. Nobody is using it to "discuss" what might be coming, but rather dismissing any work the team might be doing. Packs have been a part of the game forever

Also, we Got LS Geo in december, and the new ships in jan/feb(?).
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

Did I miss anything?

Dude, just wait untill the tsunami arrives and we're swimming in an ocean of new content.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Options

Did I miss anything?

The problem is people just use it as a punchline because other people do, especially content creators. Nobody is using it to "discuss" what might be coming, but rather dismissing any work the team might be doing. Packs have been a part of the game forever

I thought LS geo was November, but I could be wrong.

I typically don’t listen to/watch the youtubers, but I completely understand the frustration. You have to understand that most gamers can’t really do much in LS geo and don’t qualify for a GL. So for most people, the last new content was GAC and DS geo.

Personally, I’d love to talk about “what might be coming,” but CG isn’t really telling us anything. All we know is that they were thinking about a raid and now they’re not. Maybe we get a lot of new content soon, or maybe we get a repeat of the last few months. Or worse is that the flood of new content is only playable by the tip of the spear, so everyone else needs to build their roster for years to prepare to play.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Options

Did I miss anything?

I thought LS geo was November, but I could be wrong.

I typically don’t listen to/watch the youtubers, but I completely understand the frustration. You have to understand that most gamers can’t really do much in LS geo and don’t qualify for a GL. So for most people, the last new content was GAC and DS geo.

Personally, I’d love to talk about “what might be coming,” but CG isn’t really telling us anything. All we know is that they were thinking about a raid and now they’re not. Maybe we get a lot of new content soon, or maybe we get a repeat of the last few months. Or worse is that the flood of new content is only playable by the tip of the spear, so everyone else needs to build their roster for years to prepare to play.

And I would say that most of this is a fair point, but just parroting "more packs" and Too expensive" make you look dismissive and incapable of having a real discussion about the game and its faults. (this is the plural you, not you the poster I am quoting)

If people want to use "more packs" or "Too expensive" to complain about not having a developed roster for LS Geo or not having put in the farm for a GL, my only response is equally simplistic and dismissive of a real discussion: git gud
  • Ripperpa
    298 posts Member
    Options
    Git gud and git some paxxx!