What has a wider impact than raid?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Wider impact than raids?

Why another method of progression, of course!

Think the next Tiers of mods.

Or maybe.... some sort of crafting system that allows for single shot in game buffs. For example, farm a bunch of components with energy and then craft "potions" with positive effects.

Something like "drink this blue milk potion and gain 50k hps for a battle" or "drink this spice and take 50% less critical damage for the encounter".

• Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    We really need a someone on youtube to shout a new joke or catchphrase, these are getting so overused that they are posted back to back

What other new content do we have to talk about?

December content = a first of its kind pack
    January content = new tiers to an AB and new packs
    February content = new tiers to other ABs and packs
    March content = GL release and new packs
    April content = Some marquees and more packs

Did I miss anything?

I’m being generous calling most of this content since even the developers have said they don’t consider the new AB tiers “new content.”

The problem is people just use it as a punchline because other people do, especially content creators. Nobody is using it to "discuss" what might be coming, but rather dismissing any work the team might be doing. Packs have been a part of the game forever

Also, we Got LS Geo in december, and the new ships in jan/feb(?).

I thought LS geo was November, but I could be wrong.

I typically don’t listen to/watch the youtubers, but I completely understand the frustration. You have to understand that most gamers can’t really do much in LS geo and don’t qualify for a GL. So for most people, the last new content was GAC and DS geo.

Personally, I’d love to talk about “what might be coming,” but CG isn’t really telling us anything. All we know is that they were thinking about a raid and now they’re not. Maybe we get a lot of new content soon, or maybe we get a repeat of the last few months. Or worse is that the flood of new content is only playable by the tip of the spear, so everyone else needs to build their roster for years to prepare to play.

And I would say that most of this is a fair point, but just parroting "more packs" and Too expensive" make you look dismissive and incapable of having a real discussion about the game and its faults. (this is the plural you, not you the poster I am quoting)

If people want to use "more packs" or "Too expensive" to complain about not having a developed roster for LS Geo or not having put in the farm for a GL, my only response is equally simplistic and dismissive of a real discussion: git gud

You did take the wind out of my sails by saying the whole packs thing is parroted from content creators lol. I’ve been posting that as an annoyed joke on other threads not knowing that it’s being said by youtubers.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Options
    We really need a someone on youtube to shout a new joke or catchphrase, these are getting so overused that they are posted back to back

Did I miss anything?

I’m being generous calling most of this content since even the developers have said they don’t consider the new AB tiers “new content.”

The problem is people just use it as a punchline because other people do, especially content creators. Nobody is using it to "discuss" what might be coming, but rather dismissing any work the team might be doing. Packs have been a part of the game forever

I typically don’t listen to/watch the youtubers, but I completely understand the frustration. You have to understand that most gamers can’t really do much in LS geo and don’t qualify for a GL. So for most people, the last new content was GAC and DS geo.

Personally, I’d love to talk about “what might be coming,” but CG isn’t really telling us anything. All we know is that they were thinking about a raid and now they’re not. Maybe we get a lot of new content soon, or maybe we get a repeat of the last few months. Or worse is that the flood of new content is only playable by the tip of the spear, so everyone else needs to build their roster for years to prepare to play.

And I would say that most of this is a fair point, but just parroting "more packs" and Too expensive" make you look dismissive and incapable of having a real discussion about the game and its faults. (this is the plural you, not you the poster I am quoting)

If people want to use "more packs" or "Too expensive" to complain about not having a developed roster for LS Geo or not having put in the farm for a GL, my only response is equally simplistic and dismissive of a real discussion: git gud

You did take the wind out of my sails by saying the whole packs thing is parroted from content creators lol. I’ve been posting that as an annoyed joke on other threads not knowing that it’s being said by youtubers.

Haha, sorry. I have come to notice that if there is a common phrase being tossed around in every thread, chances are Ahnald says it in his videos.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    Options
    More packs
  • emoore123
    261 posts Member
    Options

Did I miss anything?

But you can't git gud until you whale harder and buy more packs 🤷‍♂️🤣
  • Options
    The game shutting down would have a wider impact than a new raid.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    emoore123 wrote: »

Did I miss anything?

But you can't git gud until you whale harder and buy more packs 🤷‍♂️🤣

or can't you
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    BeralCator wrote: »
    The game shutting down would have a wider impact than a new raid.

Now that would be the ultimate troll move, tease us with something new and amazing for months only to announce that this game ends and that new thing is in fact another game they have been developing.
    Not saying that it's gonna happen, just that it would be the ultimate troll move.
  • Options
    Oh lord. They can’t even do a scripted event correctly, now we’re expecting them to do procedural event elements? Good luck.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously this new galactic challenge had 0 impact on the game, the vehicles would had a wider impact than this, since it would have given us a new squad arena and new energy to farm more gear and characters, instead we got this crap, the bloody Raid would have had 200x the impact this had. Even if you ended on the bottom of the raid you would get more meaningful rewards for the low end players.

Exhibition or not the reward won't change since the same thing happened with GAC, everyone said the rewards are bad and they kept it as it is.

No they didn't, in fact they increased the currency payout, both for round and group payouts.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Seriously this new galactic challenge had 0 impact on the game, the vehicles would had a wider impact than this, since it would have given us a new squad arena and new energy to farm more gear and characters, instead we got this crap, the bloody Raid would have had 200x the impact this had. Even if you ended on the bottom of the raid you would get more meaningful rewards for the low end players.

Exhibition or not the reward won't change since the same thing happened with GAC, everyone said the rewards are bad and they kept it as it is.

No they didn't, in fact they increased the currency payout, both for round and group payouts.

Legitimate question - how much did they increase it by? I honestly don't remember - and thought the increase was minimal. I could be wrong. It does happen....from time to time.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Jppc wrote: »

They also reduced the amount of mod’s materials. I think they have changed the amount of zetas too but I’m not certain.

They decreased some and increased others.

EDIT: Referring to slicing mats.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    I'm 99% sure that this is what we were getting when it was grand arena, and every victory would give you 12 to 14 mk2 pulse modulator. ru3te1p9iko6.jpg

And now we are getting crap from GAC. Everyone complained and nothing happened.

They removed the gear and added currency, which can be used for kyro, which everyone complains is too hard to get.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2938 posts Member
    Options
    I'm 99% sure that this is what we were getting when it was grand arena, and every victory would give you 12 to 14 mk2 pulse modulator. ru3te1p9iko6.jpg

They removed the gear and added currency, which can be used for kyro, which everyone complains is too hard to get.

I believe that more people complain about stun guns more. Can’t remember seeing a Kryotech thread in a while, while stun guns threads are plentiful.

Problem is they can’t go back to these rewards as it invites cheating...and we all know how CG treats cheaters.....
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

So 280 for 4 kyros, we get what 350 per victory, add the 1400 which makes the total to be 35 kyros, now I don't know about you, but getting 50 stun guns, 16 more mk2 pulse modulator, and extra zeta and an extra omega is worth more than that 35 kyros. And let's not forget that we got 100 stun cuffs, and in terms of crystals, 50 kyros is = 1400, 50 stun guns is 1300, and 50 stun cuffs are 1400, so over all its a nerf to rewards

You're ignoring the end of season rewards which didn't exist prior to GAC. Also you are ignoring league promotions that award crystals, zetas, omegas, stun guns, and stun cuffs.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Also additional currency from feats.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Legitimate question - how much did they increase it by? I honestly don't remember - and thought the increase was minimal. I could be wrong. It does happen....from time to time.

I don't remember the specifics for sure, but I believe you originally got 700 for winning your group and they doubled it. They also increased the win amount for a single matchup but I think that wasn't quite doubled.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Oh and we didn't get stun guns most of the time either. The gear rotated. Mk 4 bacta for example.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Necro. Also, we need moar raids
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    p2n6jh1ab9sw.jpg
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    I found a wide impact but I'd get banned.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    p2n6jh1ab9sw.jpg

Also, rebellions were built on hope. And so is this game!