Only Do 3v3 From Now On Please

Prev13
Gifafi
6017 posts Member
3v3 is way more fun than the old tired 5v5 we are forced to do in every other aspect of the game, so more 3v3 pls kthx
Maybe End Game isn't for you

Replies

• Amoliski
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Nah
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Options
    Seems like some only want 3v3, and some don't want any 3v3, so maybe a nice balance? Say once every 3-6 months?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Seems like some only want 3v3, and some don't want any 3v3, so maybe a nice balance? Say once every 3-6 months?

I mean, that sounds like that would be a good compromise and would avoid complaints, but I was thinking an even better option (assuming 3v3 can't be made permanent as I would prefer) would be 4v4.
  • Options
    I'm glad they mix it up
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Alternate every other battle. Each zone has one 3v3 and one 5v5. Ships are 3v1 but only the 1 gets a cap ship. And GLs only are matched up against non GLs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    No, just no.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    Better option... Make a GAC with 3vs3, 5vs5, 2vs2, 1vs1, 4vs4, 6vs6... All in one GAC and in different territories.
    For example the first territory is 2vs2, the one behind it 5vs5 etc.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    Just have each zone randomly generated like everything else in the game. Make it interesting.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • veejayti
    168 posts Member
    Options
    I vote for less and less 3vs3, never again is also fine.
  • Options
    And it’s about time to make the GAC simmable.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Akenno wrote: »
    Better option... Make a GAC with 3vs3, 5vs5, 2vs2, 1vs1, 4vs4, 6vs6... All in one GAC and in different territories.
    For example the first territory is 2vs2, the one behind it 5vs5 etc.

idk, I feel like the game wasn't designed for 1v1, but I like the other options.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I really enjoy 3v3, but there’s too much of a good thing. So, no, not ONLY 3v3!

But I’d like to see it more frequent than it is, at least.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »

Agreed.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I think they should add the "borrow a hero" to GA, where every round on offense you can use 1 of your opponent's toons.
  • Options
    They can make it random 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 5v5 and random fill the defenses and 4andom select offenses then this mode would match the rest of the game as far as rng goes
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Alternate every other battle. Each zone has one 3v3 and one 5v5. Ships are 3v1 but only the 1 gets a cap ship. And GLs only are matched up against non GLs.

Now you know that is FAR beyond their ability. I mean.... think of something fresh and new? Come on!
  • Options
    Whole bunch of nope
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    botabu wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Now you know that is FAR beyond their ability. I mean.... think of something fresh and new? Come on!

Not sure if missed the joke.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »

It already is. Join, do nothing, get rewards.
  • Options
    it's a good system only that the whales of the game are not prepared to go down from their rankings :p it seems to me that as it is now it is a fair system for everyone, i think it has been enough time for those at the top to hoard resources with this is fair for everyone.
  • Dal_Zuba
    189 posts Member
    Options
    k2t2tvt55wgs.gif
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Bytestream wrote: »
    3vs3 is only a piece of sh****....totally senseless.

igjz46wupiz6.jpg

• MasterSeedy
    5076 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I like 3v3. It's got a lot more interest than 5v5 specifically because you see more experimentation with characters. Many 3v3 teams are just cut-down 5v5 teams, but there are a bunch that aren't anything like that.

Today I just blasted a zMaul (L), Sith Empire Trooper, Dooku Squad with Plo Koon (L), Scavenger Rey, Admiral Holdo. When would you ever see PK, SR & AH together on one squad except when only 3v3 is allowed? It worked beautifully, with PK dispelling SET taunt more than once, Holdo dropping Daze AoE (the only one I missed was SET), all my team members dispelling stealth so I could pound whoever I want instead of being stuck behind Taunt + Stealth forever.

But I actually had to think about it for a minute, try to match my offense to my needs and not dramatically overpower it and fail to have enough offense for other battles. I had to actually read PK's leadership again, since I hadn't in a long time. Realizing that it was "any ally" instead of "any jedi ally" that dispelled taunt meant I could start playing with other team members that hadn't made it into a squad with their own faction's leaders. Resistance doesn't have enough good leaders to go round, so I picked one for offense, one for defense, and voila!

It was a really interesting battle, and even though I thought I could win, there was tension there because I couldn't be certain of it the way that I know in advance how most meta-squad matches are going to go by looking at the other team's mods. Not having fought it before, there was an excitement and uncertainty that simply isn't available facing the same 5v5 squads you've faced 100 times before.
    In this one, my big concern was making sure that Dooku went before Holdo. Turned out not to be a concern - they didn't give Dooku "Enfys Nest-type mods" and tried to take advantage of his speed. I wasn't taking notes, but IIRC, this is more or less how the battle happened: Dooku went first, used Makaashi instead of attacking, his stealth was dispelled, Stick Rey attacked SET gaining Foresight. Holdo lashes out with AoE Daze, then Plo dispels Taunt from SET.

I had 2 high-tenacity characters, both resisted Maul's AoE Daze. Rey dodged (Foresight) giving Holdo Taunt. Holdo is shocked by Dooku but resists Stun.Rey then wallops Dooku with her 2nd special. Holdo cleanses ScavRey and tops up her Health/Prot, Plo feeds Rey more TM and on her next turn, she wallops Dooku again - dead on the 2nd shot.

The rest was clean-up, and not that hard when constantly dispelling taunt and Stealth. The hardest part was holding back on Rey's damage to try to get more healing out of Holdo. I wasn't worried about ending on 100% protection, but I wanted to recover from the health damage inflicted by SET's AoE.

So, yeah. I'm all in on 3v3. It's far more interesting than 5v5. I recognize that if you have trouble with or don't like improvisation it might be frustrating, but if you find every 5v5 match is the same and they get boring, 3v3 is the cure for that.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    If every character gets thoroughly tested and balanced for 3v3 then sure, why not. In the current state when the game is barely tested and balanced even for 5v5, no way.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    I won a fight with RT lead and the Vets. Won another with OG Poe, Rose, and RP. Neither of these things is happening in 5v5. And it was super fun.

Stop complaining, open your mind, and Gutgud.gif
  • Options
    No. Delete 3vs3 and never come back to it ever again.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Lol
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I used luminara lead for the first time in a year with plo and cody to clean up a kylo (masked). Both 5v5 and 3v3 are fun. 3v3 could come more for me because I forgot which teams I used the previous time