“Jedi” and “Sith” Tags

Prev1
I have several questions regarding tags

• Why does the First Order Sith Trooper has a “Sith” tag but not Asajj Ventress or HK-47?
• Is the tag based on official canon label on the character’s practice or is it based on their affiliation and loyalty to their respective faction?
• Or is it based on namesake? — Because if it is, Rey (Jedi Training) should also have the “Jedi” tag.
• If Rey (Jedi Training) has the ‘Jedi’ tag, why not Commander Luke Skywalker have it too? After all, he was a Jedi Padawan to Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back.
• If Jedi Padawan are not considered “Jedi”, shouldn’t Ahsoka Tano and Barriss Offee have their “Jedi” tags removed too?

The usual argument for the Sith would be “‘Canon’ Rule of Two” but think about it: There are a few characters introduced in the game that is non-canon such as the Old Republic characters so...

• Is the ‘canon’ argument really valid? — I personally find the tags a little inconsistent. Do share your thoughts.

Replies

  • They used to be lore based but now because of kit bloat, that approach isn't viable anymore
  • Smidday
    118 posts Member
    Yeah it would be nice to have HK in Sith events I think thats why they came out with sith Empire because they had too many Siths, I do think its a bit inconsistent but perhaps its planned for future. I do agree with CLS there, if you have a light sabre you should fit into Jedi or Sith 😂
  • Smidday wrote: »
    Yeah it would be nice to have HK in Sith events I think thats why they came out with sith Empire because they had too many Siths, I do think its a bit inconsistent but perhaps its planned for future. I do agree with CLS there, if you have a light sabre you should fit into Jedi or Sith 😂

    Try telling that to Visas Marr, who has an astounding amount of 0 faction tags!
  • Phoenixeon
    1180 posts Member
    Smidday wrote: »
    Yeah it would be nice to have HK in Sith events I think thats why they came out with sith Empire because they had too many Siths, I do think its a bit inconsistent but perhaps its planned for future. I do agree with CLS there, if you have a light sabre you should fit into Jedi or Sith 😂

    Jedi (or sith) Grevious you say?
  • Lysandrax
    923 posts Member
    Why does First Order SITH Trooper have the sith trooper have the sith tag?
    Hmmmm...
  • TAZZZOOO
    188 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Why does First Order SITH Trooper have the sith trooper have the sith tag?
    Hmmmm...

    A better question is: why is someone who is "all the jedi" have nothing to do with them in this game?

    Tags are very inconsistent. Sometimes tags are given for synergy or not included for the same reason.
    Unfortunately CG is less concerned over breaking cannon than balancing.
  • TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Why does First Order SITH Trooper have the sith trooper have the sith tag?
    Hmmmm...

    A better question is: why is someone who is "all the jedi" have nothing to do with them in this game?

    Tags are very inconsistent. Sometimes tags are given for synergy or not included for the same reason.
    Unfortunately CG is less concerned over breaking cannon than balancing.

    I think that is more for balance reasons. Rey under Jedi knight reven would be nigh unbeatable. SL Kylo ren might be the only counter.

  • Hortus
    261 posts Member
    val3nt1n0 wrote: »
    I have several questions regarding tags
    ………….

    In short, there are two factors to consider:

    1. This is strategic and tactical game
    2. This is Star Wars game

    Both are important when developers assign (or not) tags. They are trying to capture SW characters in the game which should have some form of balance. Many characters has obvious allegiance and automatically receive corresponding tags (GM Yoda is Jedi, Leya is Rebel, etc.)

    But there are also some characters in the "gray" zone, which aren't strongly linked to some factions and/or changed allegiance one or more time. When considering how to handle such characters developers look at the game content and balance. They could give us several versions of the same character for different factions (Revan, Ashoka, etc). Or they can give some tags to character who linked with some faction only by business (Jango and separatists) if they think that some faction need a boost. Or they can decide not to give some tags to such character if they feel it will hurt game balance in some way (Visas Marr and Jedi). Some of their decisions may be questionable but still there is same logic under every case - SW canon and game balance.
    Antario wrote: »
    I honestly don't care much about the background. I only care about the team synergy and game balance. And I think CG's priority is it too.

    In that case this game just wouldn't exist. It's Star Wars game developing under control of franchise owner, and many-many people (me included) play it because it's Star Wars. If CG had another priorities they could develop similar game without any restrictions using some generic characters. But they choose to make a game for SW franchise.
  • As for the sith, neither of the troopers should have the sith tag from a lore perspective. They were merely foot soldiers of the ancient and resurgent sith empires respectively. It would be like all clones having the jedi tag. I sure don't mind their synergies with my actual sith toons though so I'm ok either way.
  • flux_rono
    1152 posts Member
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Why does First Order SITH Trooper have the sith trooper have the sith tag?
    Hmmmm...

    A better question is: why is someone who is "all the jedi" have nothing to do with them in this game?

    Techncially CG said they didnt take rey from the end of the film but rather in the middle where she wasnt sure who she was thus she wasnt a jedi fully and she wasnt a palpatine either.

    But i do agree she should be a jedi, and if anything should have a line of code saying savior doesnt work on her ect, to help with balance.
    (Something like if GL rey goes benither 2% hp she instantly dies regaruadless of other effects. Why this you say? Because that should bypass savior's whos case happens at 1%)
  • Slaveen
    245 posts Member
    edited May 20
    Agreed. Also, why does GL Rey, who’s ultimate is literally named “heir to the Jedi,” not have a Jedi tag?

    Similarly, why do none of the Kylo Rens (OG, KRU, or SLKR) have Sith tags?
  • Slaveen wrote: »
    Agreed. Also, why does GL Rey, who’s ultimate is literally named “heir to the Jedi,” not have a Jedi tag?

    Similarly, why do none of the Kylo Rens (OG, KRU, or SLKR) have Sith tags?

    Well heir to the jedi could mean something else. Say you had a king. Let's call him Henry. He has a son who is to be his heir. This child is called Ben. Ben being the heir to Henry means he will take his place, but that does not make Ben become Harry. So with Rey, she is the heir to the jedi, meaning she is not a jedi, she is something more or less than a jedi.
    May the force be with you.
  • Lysandrax
    923 posts Member
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Why does First Order SITH Trooper have the sith trooper have the sith tag?
    Hmmmm...

    A better question is: why is someone who is "all the jedi" have nothing to do with them in this game?

    Tags are very inconsistent. Sometimes tags are given for synergy or not included for the same reason.
    Unfortunately CG is less concerned over breaking cannon than balancing.

    Maybe she's not a jedi because she is more powerful than them, nothing can beat the unbeatable rey.
    Jedi have to keep themselves in check and follow the order, Rey is just an unstoppable force, beyond a jedi.
  • TAZZZOOO
    188 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Why does First Order SITH Trooper have the sith trooper have the sith tag?
    Hmmmm...

    A better question is: why is someone who is "all the jedi" have nothing to do with them in this game?

    Techncially CG said they didnt take rey from the end of the film but rather in the middle where she wasnt sure who she was thus she wasnt a jedi fully and she wasnt a palpatine either.

    But i do agree she should be a jedi, and if anything should have a line of code saying savior doesnt work on her ect, to help with balance.
    (Something like if GL rey goes benither 2% hp she instantly dies regaruadless of other effects. Why this you say? Because that should bypass savior's whos case happens at 1%)

    Exactly.
    If Padme gets immunity to a Sith-empire exclusive debuff; then surely Rey can be balanced without disregarding cannon tags.
  • Rey is a Palpatine. So no Jedi tag there

    /troll comment
  • Slaveen wrote: »
    Agreed. Also, why does GL Rey, who’s ultimate is literally named “heir to the Jedi,” not have a Jedi tag?

    Similarly, why do none of the Kylo Rens (OG, KRU, or SLKR) have Sith tags?
    IDK about Rey, but Kylo Ren was never a Sith.

  • LordDirt
    1301 posts Member
    CG can say whatever nonsense they want but someone who follows the Jedi text, gets trained by Luke and Leia and is even call The Last Jedi is a Jedi.

    Where it gets sticky is Kylo Ren. He didnt follow the Sith in the Force sense but he did join the Final Order which was the Sith. All of those followers with Palpatine would technically be Sith in the sense of a grouo of people like in the beginning thousands of year before.
  • Phoenixeon
    1180 posts Member
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Why does First Order SITH Trooper have the sith trooper have the sith tag?
    Hmmmm...

    A better question is: why is someone who is "all the jedi" have nothing to do with them in this game?

    Tags are very inconsistent. Sometimes tags are given for synergy or not included for the same reason.
    Unfortunately CG is less concerned over breaking cannon than balancing.

    CG said because of JKR.

    Should have change JKR's skill to OR only.
  • I love the logic of these questions ! :)

    OP, where do you stand on Old Ben and his rebel tag?
  • I don’t think Old Ben should have the Rebel tag based on story. In A New Hope, I feel he was present as Luke’s guardian, not as a Rebel.
  • val3nt1n0 wrote: »
    I have several questions regarding tags

    • Why does the First Order Sith Trooper has a “Sith” tag but not Asajj Ventress or HK-47?
    • Is the tag based on official canon label on the character’s practice or is it based on their affiliation and loyalty to their respective faction?
    • Or is it based on namesake? — Because if it is, Rey (Jedi Training) should also have the “Jedi” tag.
    • If Rey (Jedi Training) has the ‘Jedi’ tag, why not Commander Luke Skywalker have it too? After all, he was a Jedi Padawan to Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back.
    • If Jedi Padawan are not considered “Jedi”, shouldn’t Ahsoka Tano and Barriss Offee have their “Jedi” tags removed too?

    The usual argument for the Sith would be “‘Canon’ Rule of Two” but think about it: There are a few characters introduced in the game that is non-canon such as the Old Republic characters so...

    • Is the ‘canon’ argument really valid? — I personally find the tags a little inconsistent. Do share your thoughts.

    The rule of two is enforced by the will of the Sith Lord and time. In real life, there can be only 1 Pope, but at 1 time there were 3. Guess how that was settled

    Same deal with the Sith rule of 2.

    NS =/= Sith. NS seemed to have their own neutral code when it came to dark/light. Came across as creepy neutral not evil. Their infatuation with dark magic wasn't necessarily out of powercraving.

    Jedi title was a title. Not all light-side force-sensitives were Jedi and not all Jedi were = in force ability.

    Rey should have Jedi tag. The order was functionally eliminated at her point though.
  • Its insulting to even consider her a jedi.
  • To me it is simple from a Canon perspective. If you think Luke became a Jedi then Rey also became a Jedi. They pretty much just reskinned Return of the Jedi and called it The Rise of Skywalker.
  • LordDirt
    1301 posts Member
    Yep, insulting to consider Luke a Jedi
  • Tezza23
    71 posts Member
    Think the answer is always balance they said Rey would be op . And people who have not had a tag were eventually given a tag once more people were added and factions were balanced examples jango separatist tag and the veterans were not given resistance tag when they come out because it was said the faction would be op.

    also it may be down to how immersed they are in the culture like Luke and Rey just started learning about Jedi whereas a ahsoka started as a youngling .
  • khdelboy
    119 posts Member
    Synergy balance.

    If CLS have the Jedi tag, he would jump in a JK Revan team. Same goes for JTR and GL Rey. It would end up very unbalanced. Visa Marr is a weird one as she’s basically Jolee without the Jedi tag.

    But I do think Ventress should have some Sith OR separatist synergy. Unless she’s based on her character arc from Clone Wars, where she had to side with her Nightsisters? I haven’t got that far yet (but catching up on Disney Plus.) Outside that faction, she isn’t that good enough to be paired with Dooku or any separatists.
Sign In or Register to comment.