April Fools

Zemyn
106 posts Member
Greetings Everyone!

I wanted to bring up my favourite day in CG gaming every year... April Fools!

I was a long time player of HoDA And I'm hoping they continue the tradition of having a ridiculous, yet fun event go on for the entirety of this single shining day. Generally this included a new joke character or two that were pretty useful.

We have an update slated for right before this happens too with the level cap raise (no mentions of what else they're doing) and I have my fingers, toes, tongue, and eyes crossed in anticipation. I look a lot like a Donald Drumpf supporter actually...

This is the one day that I would ever support the release of a Jar Jar or C-3P0.

Please, please, please CG. Bring on the lolz.

@EA_Jesse - Also, there used to be a lot of forum contests (Event ideas/Memes/Poetry/Art/Writing/Etc) that kept things entertaining... Can we? Pretty please?

Replies

  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Zemyn wrote: »
    Greetings Everyone!

    I wanted to bring up my favourite day in CG gaming every year... April Fools!

    I was a long time player of HoDA And I'm hoping they continue the tradition of having a ridiculous, yet fun event go on for the entirety of this single shining day. Generally this included a new joke character or two that were pretty useful.

    We have an update slated for right before this happens too with the level cap raise (no mentions of what else they're doing) and I have my fingers, toes, tongue, and eyes crossed in anticipation. I look a lot like a Donald Drumpf supporter actually...

    This is the one day that I would ever support the release of a Jar Jar or C-3P0.

    Please, please, please CG. Bring on the lolz.

    @EA_Jesse - Also, there used to be a lot of forum contests (Event ideas/Memes/Poetry/Art/Writing/Etc) that kept things entertaining... Can we? Pretty please?

    Yea plz focus on random garbage rather then actual content smh
  • Paule
    39 posts Member
    Abyss wrote: »

    Yea plz focus on random garbage rather then actual content smh

    +1

    Not really concerned about pranks, more concerned about actual content.
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Abyss wrote: »

    Yea plz focus on random garbage rather then actual content smh

    Hey, I'll take anything they decide to drop while they prep. As everyone keeps saying a small event doesn't take too much and was likely completed a while ago.

    I would be entertained greatly if they did something like drop a random shard from every mode for the day, or randomize gold, or really anything to break the tedium.

    Shake your head and be bitter all you want. I want some fun.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    lol you guys are so freakin negative. what you consider 'useless content' is a pseudo holiday based event that can be fun for both the devs and the players. try to be more open minded instead of such negative nancys
    mighty chlorians
  • Up for it this forum could use a sense of humour sometimes >:)
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    They could make Ugnaught's aoe one shot everybody for the day haha! No matter his star level or the opponents!
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Zemyn wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »

    Yea plz focus on random garbage rather then actual content smh

    Hey, I'll take anything they decide to drop while they prep. As everyone keeps saying a small event doesn't take too much and was likely completed a while ago.

    I would be entertained greatly if they did something like drop a random shard from every mode for the day, or randomize gold, or really anything to break the tedium.

    Shake your head and be bitter all you want. I want some fun.

    One day of random content is pointless and adds no value to the game. We dont need random 1-day content "while they prep". We need them to get their S*** together and make actual content.
    Any distraction from that (like your idea) is deteimental to it.
    I applaude trying to be positive
    I applaude trying to think of something fun
    I cant get behind anything that takes away from actual, real, playable content being released.

    Sorry if you disagree
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Anything would be better than the cap raise coming up OP. I like fun stuff like that.
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Abyss wrote: »
    Zemyn wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »

    Yea plz focus on random garbage rather then actual content smh

    Hey, I'll take anything they decide to drop while they prep. As everyone keeps saying a small event doesn't take too much and was likely completed a while ago.

    I would be entertained greatly if they did something like drop a random shard from every mode for the day, or randomize gold, or really anything to break the tedium.

    Shake your head and be bitter all you want. I want some fun.

    One day of random content is pointless and adds no value to the game. We dont need random 1-day content "while they prep". We need them to get their S*** together and make actual content.
    Any distraction from that (like your idea) is deteimental to it.
    I applaude trying to be positive
    I applaude trying to think of something fun
    I cant get behind anything that takes away from actual, real, playable content being released.

    Sorry if you disagree

    So characters that can be developed and may lead to new, fun, and/or purely entertaining strategies aren't actual, real, playable content? The new levels aren't content? New events aren't content?

    I don't see your issue. You clamor for "content" but give nothing more as to what that is while saying literally everything this game currently is comprised of is not content... Ummm... Dude/dudette... What?

    Do you want something new then? A new game mode or something? App Store.
  • Leave the jokes to the forum, the devs need to spend their precious time on testing the new meta change/fortitude/buffs and nerfs.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Zemyn wrote: »
    I look a lot like a Donald Drumpf supporter actually...

    Actually, you look like a Bernie Sanders supporter..."Stuff for free" :)
  • You don't need an April Fools joke. Over 90% of the patches (and stealth nerfs) have been an April Fools joke since this games release.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Leave the jokes to the forum, the devs need to spend their precious time on testing the new meta change/fortitude/buffs and nerfs.

    ^^^that^^^
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Zemyn wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »
    Zemyn wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »

    Yea plz focus on random garbage rather then actual content smh

    Hey, I'll take anything they decide to drop while they prep. As everyone keeps saying a small event doesn't take too much and was likely completed a while ago.

    I would be entertained greatly if they did something like drop a random shard from every mode for the day, or randomize gold, or really anything to break the tedium.

    Shake your head and be bitter all you want. I want some fun.

    One day of random content is pointless and adds no value to the game. We dont need random 1-day content "while they prep". We need them to get their S*** together and make actual content.
    Any distraction from that (like your idea) is deteimental to it.
    I applaude trying to be positive
    I applaude trying to think of something fun
    I cant get behind anything that takes away from actual, real, playable content being released.

    Sorry if you disagree

    So characters that can be developed and may lead to new, fun, and/or purely entertaining strategies aren't actual, real, playable content? The new levels aren't content? New events aren't content?

    I don't see your issue. You clamor for "content" but give nothing more as to what that is while saying literally everything this game currently is comprised of is not content... Ummm... Dude/dudette... What?

    Do you want something new then? A new game mode or something? App Store.

    To answer you in order
    No, characters are not content
    No, Levels are not content
    No, events like yoda are not content (i couod argue they are but its only playable once so i dont count it. If it could be continually grinded i would say yes)

    Examples of Content thats playable would be
    1) ships (all the tabels, missions, grinding to get them)
    2) guilds
    3) new tabels in general with new goals
    4) events perhaps like yoda cause it was really cool but not a 1-n-done thing, we need events that are come/go but can be played weather you have "beat" it or not.

    Like i said, "real, playable content"
  • As a former hoda player I recall enjoying april 1. I hope they do something fun as well.
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    As someone who never played HODA I understand where certain enjoyment comes from with special events such as april fools content. However, this game has far too many issues that need to be dealt with. Once a better framework is built, then I am all for some fun content for days such as april fools, thanksgiving, easter, halloween, christmas, or what have you.
  • I love the idea and it would be fun. Sadly, many of the players are frustrated with the lack of permanent content. They're also annoyed by the lack of respect the developers have for their customers with the endless bad deals and money grabbing.

    I don't believe they even care enough to go through the trouble of doing anything for us personally since that would take effort and care and let's be honest, I don't even think EA would care if the players just walked away and they were forced to shut down the game. They leave money on the table every day since December 2015, why stop now???

    One thing is certain, I'll never ever play another EA or CG title ever again....
    The New Rebellion
    Guild Founder
  • Stevespear426
    436 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    As a former hoda player I recall enjoying april 1. I hope they do something fun as well.

    I hope the lvl 80 increase is an April fools joke. Instead they will release an new holo table with new content.

    BTW hersh nice steal for #1 today... My in game is Barium Stargirion :wink:
  • Wow, there sure is a lot of negativity out there today!
    I think an April Fool's event is a fabulous idea. They did the cards for Lunar New Year, so why not something little - or even something big - for April Fool's day?
    How about everyone who currently plays QGJ have him switched our for Jar Jar for the day. Same power, same skills, but Jar Jar's voice and image. That would certainly make my day a lot more enjoyable. :wink:
    For Dark Side, everyone who plays Sid has him switched out for Salacious Crumb?
    I'm up for anything that gives a little enjoyment, because life is too short to **** about a mobile game. :smile:
  • Wow, there sure is a lot of negativity out there today!
    I think an April Fool's event is a fabulous idea. They did the cards for Lunar New Year, so why not something little - or even something big - for April Fool's day?
    How about everyone who currently plays QGJ have him switched our for Jar Jar for the day. Same power, same skills, but Jar Jar's voice and image. That would certainly make my day a lot more enjoyable. :wink:
    For Dark Side, everyone who plays Sid has him switched out for Salacious Crumb?
    I'm up for anything that gives a little enjoyment, because life is too short to **** about a mobile game. :smile:

    It's not about negativity. It's about wanting this game to improve BEFORE we see some cool fun content like an April Fools event. The team can't afford to get side tracked.. not now. Even if the event was small, that would take them a long time to finish and further push back any other plans they may have in motion.
  • Please release a goat....well this IS star wars....a bantha then lol.
  • Daryth
    93 posts Member
    Content! Content! Content! Content!

    There's more to do on this game than on most, sick and tired of hearing I want more content! Every freakin day. We'll get it when we get it, get over it
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    11hvjx.jpg
  • Daryth wrote: »
    Content! Content! Content! Content!

    There's more to do on this game than on most, sick and tired of hearing I want more content! Every freakin day. We'll get it when we get it, get over it

    What other Games do you play?

    Since two month I do every day the following Actions:
    Do my cantina Missions by sims and by another 120 energy for more sim cantina "Action" :wink:
    Do my normal Missions by sims and another 240 energy for more sim Mission Action....yawn...
    Do between 7 or 21 (sunday) Autoplay challenges.
    Did I think one Minute until yet???? Nope, i click only my daily routine like an ape could do it :neutral:.

    Then I do 5 Arena fights (4-5 wins) with the nearly same squad since months, against the everyday same teams.... Tactics also stayed the same since month.
    Then I Do 12 gw fights. No decisions here. If a node is too hard, i retreat and send a suicide team. But no real challenge until the final win.

    Yep, the game needs more and new content. And ok, i played the last two month in the hope that there will be more content... But it's time!
    And the announcement is not about new content, it's only more repetetive old game mechanics.
Sign In or Register to comment.