Can I go back a division?

I'm on the edge of the division and went over into the next one, but if I take off some mods I can get under the GP. Will That work?

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    Not until the next GAC event. You are locked into your division for the whole 4 week block.

You also need to be below the threshold when the GAC launches, as that is when divisions are set.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure division is set on highest GP ever for exactly this reason. They don't want people sandbagging and going down a division just by moving mods around.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Being at the bottom of a division's GP range will generally get you easier opponents than being at the top of one.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Being at the bottom of a division's GP range will generally get you easier opponents than being at the top of one.

Except top of div 3 was infinitely easier for me then it was moving into bottom of div 2, more teams needed.
    That can be a problem is you are not ready for it and division 3 -> 2 in particular requires two more defensive teams and two more offensive.

But by the time you hit division 2 you really ought to be ready for it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Except top of div 3 was infinitely easier for me then it was moving into bottom of div 2, more teams needed.

That transition went pretty smoothly for my Alt last year. 12/12 when at the top of div. 3 followed by 11/12 when at the bottom of div. 2. Yes, the number of defensive slots increases but it's the same for everyone. That alt also just made it to div. 1 this current GAC and I didn't notice it until a couple of rounds in. 4/4 so far and hit Chromium by the end of the first GA.

In my experience moving up a division is not such big a deal as some seem to believe it is.