SLKR vs GAS +1

Replies

• Deany123
    88 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Deany123 wrote: »
    No way should there be a fix! Someone still has to use their Gas to take you down...that's a premium character taken out of your opponents rosta for GAC.... as for arena... its the easiest fix in the world by just putting a malak or the like into the team.
    In my shard most Rey teams consist of 2 or 3 factions to stop counters, GL kylo should be no different

Let me guess, you have GAS but not SLKR.

No I do not have SLKR but I do have a Rey...I also have a Gas just the same as most players who invest quite heavily into the game.
    By your argument then maybe they should nerf SLKR. You can team him up with wat and beat every team out there! Is that not enough for you? As well as soloing all the raids and being able hit P4 trays for 50% of her health in one go? Seriously stop crying about a specific little niche for gas that you can easily combat by simply changing one character in your team. If using rey against kylo I would need to butcher other teams to take you on...why shouldn't you have to do the same to stop a certain counter?
  • Options
    We are doomed as a society
  • thedrjojo
    953 posts Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, that the toons you relic for SLKR are better toons, as well, for the most part. One could easily argue that with EP, KRU, Hux, and SiT that the SLKR farm has four of the top five toons in both combined.

One nice thing about Rey, however, is that you don't use any of the traditional Resistance toons in her squad, so it is nice that you are using toons you geared for her, with her (for the most part). SLKR is a collage of all sorts of toons right now in Arena.

Jtr and the resistance bros reject that list.
  • thedrjojo
    953 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    KueChael wrote: »
    They have responded that something will happen with the GAS vs SLKR interaction.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228891/possible-changes-to-galactic-legend-supreme-leader-kylo-ren#latest

This is known to us, what we must wait for is any changes that cause the character SLKR advantages over his equal investment counterpart, Rey.

The investments for Rey and SLKR are not equal at all. Rey is much more stringent.

SLKR owners get to solo the Sith raid. I'm not sure why anyone who can solo the Sith raid would be complaining about anything related to SLKR. You go the better raid toon, apparently. Enjoy what that brings you (meaning all the top reward gear that will get you Rey faster than someone who got Rey first can get SLKR).

A better Return on Investment (debatable) does not mean the initial investment is not equal.

Indeed it does not. Nor did I imply that. The investment to get Rey is more than the investment to get SLKR, regardless or ROI.

How so?

Doesn’t the Rey reqs require one more r5 vs Kylos r3?

Edit: yeah Rey requires 7 r5s and 2 r3s vs kylos 6 r5s and 3 r3s. R7s are the same.

So, 2 relic levels more investment for Rey 😁

You also require jtr, a hero character, which requires bb8, a legendary character, whereas slkr requires only legendary EP.
  • thedrjojo
    953 posts Member
    Options
    Daddy00 wrote: »
    When will SLKR be fixed?! I see lots of chatter but there isn’t a date set to fix this yet?! Rey kicks backside, but GAS teams or GAS +1 stomps my backside. A lot of effort (not to mention $) to have my butt handed to me on regular basis!

Honestly I think the fix actually resides in Hux.

I love the interaction and combination I can make with my GL Rey and Fin and Poe.

When looking at my Kylo, I feel the original intent may have been to have that trio work in a similar way.

And this is just through my own experience using both GL's.

Don't get me wrong, he does still. But when I think back to Hux's original zeta, it would seem not specifying it as All First order, it would have allowed for the interchangeability to work on par with his counter part Rey.

I wonder why, they didn't change Hux's zeta to something similar to Bastila Shan Fallen's unique.

If they could have made it so if a FO is in the leader. Wouldn't that allow for the mix n match, plug n play and easily prevent this interaction and still getting Hux's unique?
    Hux literally betrays the entire first order because he hates kylo...why would they have a unique synergy?

Sidebar, this totally **** on all previously known canon on Hux, especially since he was raised on Exagul (see the canon book series empires end)
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    Daddy00 wrote: »
    When will SLKR be fixed?! I see lots of chatter but there isn’t a date set to fix this yet?! Rey kicks backside, but GAS teams or GAS +1 stomps my backside. A lot of effort (not to mention $) to have my butt handed to me on regular basis!

Honestly I think the fix actually resides in Hux.

I love the interaction and combination I can make with my GL Rey and Fin and Poe.

When looking at my Kylo, I feel the original intent may have been to have that trio work in a similar way.

And this is just through my own experience using both GL's.

Don't get me wrong, he does still. But when I think back to Hux's original zeta, it would seem not specifying it as All First order, it would have allowed for the interchangeability to work on par with his counter part Rey.

I wonder why, they didn't change Hux's zeta to something similar to Bastila Shan Fallen's unique.

If they could have made it so if a FO is in the leader. Wouldn't that allow for the mix n match, plug n play and easily prevent this interaction and still getting Hux's unique?
    Hux literally betrays the entire first order because he hates kylo...why would they have a unique synergy?

Sidebar, this totally **** on all previously known canon on Hux, especially since he was raised on Exagul (see the canon book series empires end)

I think my answer would be that - in a game, they don't have to explicitly follow canon.

And if we really wanna split hairs, couldn't we say that writers commissioned by Lucas such as Karen Traviss and Timothy Zahn are true canon, to fans? And post Disney buyout are Disney canon? So, in a way, aren't you accepting a new canon that dismisses the old canon, while still taking large parts from it?

If you can do that, then, I think we can accept a unique working with one another. Heck, make it "If a 1st order is in the leader" That way we can play off Hux, SLKR or Phasma... and still allow for the mix n match.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options
    No way should there be a fix! Someone still has to use their Gas to take you down...that's a premium character taken out of your opponents rosta for GAC.... as for arena... its the easiest fix in the world by just putting a malak or the like into the team.
    In my shard most Rey teams consist of 2 or 3 factions to stop counters, GL kylo should be no different

No I do not have SLKR but I do have a Rey...I also have a Gas just the same as most players who invest quite heavily into the game.
    By your argument then maybe they should nerf SLKR. You can team him up with wat and beat every team out there! Is that not enough for you? As well as soloing all the raids and being able hit P4 trays for 50% of her health in one go? Seriously stop crying about a specific little niche for gas that you can easily combat by simply changing one character in your team. If using rey against kylo I would need to butcher other teams to take you on...why shouldn't you have to do the same to stop a certain counter?

Beating every team on offense is different than defending.

Let's not forget the video of Rey with 4 jawas beating gas easily.

I also have some fun experience with this as well with Rey. I have mix n matched a lot of teams.

I have gone undersized on offense and it really doesn't matter. She doesn't need Wat really at ANY point.

I jumped into the sith raid P3, put Rey on auto, came back, she killed the raid. Auto...

I could have let her lose from the get go...

Is it fair to make examples of how powerful Kylo is saying he's fine, while glossing.. no, I mean, omitting how powerful Rey is on offense?

We are talking on defense.

How many times do you attack a 5 man GL Rey with just 2 combatants? No seriously...

Because that's what's going on here.

I literally can't set my Kylo on Defense because like you said, most players have a GL, who invest in the game also have GAS.

Would you set a SLKR team on defense if it was your only GL? I didn't think so. Oh you want to move a character out and 'butcher" a team. You don't have to with GL Rey. She can practically kill everything PvE and PvP with Resistance alone or alone.

In the event of a mirror match with Rey with Resistance as your team and a Rey Kenobi and Chewy opposing you can win that easily. I just did. I can and have many times. I figure you have too.

I am not bias here. I have BOTH and can see clearly the interaction is not intended nor should it be....
    I have skin in the game on both sides.

Honestly I wonder if you just don't want anything standing up to your Rey team on defense. Imagine how people who just have kylo feel...
  • MasterSeedy
    5042 posts Member
    Options
    @taquillasun
    Would you set a SLKR team on defense if it was your only GL? I didn't think so. Oh you want to move a character out and 'butcher" a team. You don't have to with GL Rey. She can practically kill everything PvE and PvP with Resistance alone or alone.

So... it's unfair that SLKR isn't as good as GLRey in PvP, but you're not concerned that GL Rey is worse at PvE?

Why should Kylo get to solo HSTR when Rey can't? It's almost like they're two different characters, with different strengths and weaknesses because they have actually different kits and actually different synergies with their allies!

How dare they make a GL Rey that is not an exact copy of SLKR!

NO DIVERSITY. ONE STANDARD FOREVER. ALL CHARACTERS EQUAL!
  • Monomer
    139 posts Member
    Options

We are talking on defense.

How many times do you attack a 5 man GL Rey with just 2 combatants? No seriously...

Because that's what's going on here.

I literally can't set my Kylo on Defense because like you said, most players have a GL, who invest in the game also have GAS.

SLK and Rey are roughly as good as one another on defense in everything except 3v3. Stop saying you can’t put him on defense because other people have GAS. Rey on defense is beatable by Darth Revan and JKR. How is that better defense? And if you’re talking about the two-man GAS team, that is only achievable against one specific SLK team composition. And as far as two combatants beating Rey, SLK with Wat can do exactly that.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    @taquillasun how are you doing all of p3 and p4 on auto with Rey?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options
    @taquillasun

So... it's unfair that SLKR isn't as good as GLRey in PvP, but you're not concerned that GL Rey is worse at PvE?

Why should Kylo get to solo HSTR when Rey can't? It's almost like they're two different characters, with different strengths and weaknesses because they have actually different kits and actually different synergies with their allies!

How dare they make a GL Rey that is not an exact copy of SLKR!

NO DIVERSITY. ONE STANDARD FOREVER. ALL CHARACTERS EQUAL!

Actually, I think I made a point she is equally as good on offense pve. In fact, has everyone tried every combo yet on offense?

A lot of straw man here. I didn't say any of this how dare they. But I did point to their original intent. I don't think is on par with what even they expected. But that's just my take. Judging by their own post, I'd say I'm thought are congruent.

You seem to assume any change will sway the power. Rather than just fix a niche combo.

I guess, I am speaking from my own experience as someone who has both GL's.

Do you have both?

If not, I'm sorry, I don't feel like one could be as unbiased as someone who does. Or have a more complete understanding.

Do you think this statement is true? Can you apply it to other things in life?

Like, you can say - "No you don't need to have both GL's to have a solid take on the issue"

But would you listen to someone talking about how awesome a Ford is over a Chevy without that person having ever driven or owned a Chevy?

Truthfully? Really?

• taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options
    TVF - I jumped in P3 when she was above 50% health. It was a while ago. As I don't do the raid anymore so others can get better gear. I can't remember the team composition. It was garbage tho. Think Reg fin and rose? I was just messing around. I had just gotten her ultimate. I was busy, put it on auto to get some points because our guild kills her pretty fast. I got some food, checked the game, she was in p4 hitting Nihlus for godly amounts. I watched him get killed in about a minute.. ate food and got back and raid was over with her and Fin sitting there. This was auto so -who knows.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I find that rather hard to believe. Especially since all I've seen with actual screenshots is like 15-20m in P4.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options
    Believe what you want. I don't pay attention to my damage enough to take screen shots. lol I find that funny. I'll notice where I place, but right now, I couldn't tell you a single damage score I've ever done. You put up numbers that have absolutely no meaning to me. Do they mean they couldn't clear p4? Ask CG to step in and post my raid stuff! I give permission! Maybe they can clear it up. Maybe I am stating something infactual. But this to the best of my recollection is what happened.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    15m-20m is nowhere near enough to clear P4. And if you did P4 on auto you'd get annihilated the first time DN got it off cooldown. So nope, don't believe you.

Anyway, since that's not what this thread is about, I'll move on.
  • Options
    Traya gains a butt load of extra TM, and when controlling the fight I tend to go straight for topple every time. But what if you set to auto and didn’t? Maybe reys mastery climbed to an ungodly number? I might actually try this
  • Starl0rd
    97 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    nonsense thread. if you want to stop the GAS +1, you can..and why aren't you complaining about the SLKR + Wat vs anything? Or HSTR full clear with SLKR? oh wait..

and Rey does nothing in HSTR, and it does not auto p3-p4, period.
    Post edited by Starl0rd on
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Well, if they change GAS + 1 I do believe it would only be fair to do the same with SLKR + Wat
  • Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    They have responded that something will happen with the GAS vs SLKR interaction.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228891/possible-changes-to-galactic-legend-supreme-leader-kylo-ren#latest

This is known to us, what we must wait for is any changes that cause the character SLKR advantages over his equal investment counterpart, Rey.

The investments for Rey and SLKR are not equal at all. Rey is much more stringent.

SLKR owners get to solo the Sith raid. I'm not sure why anyone who can solo the Sith raid would be complaining about anything related to SLKR. You go the better raid toon, apparently. Enjoy what that brings you (meaning all the top reward gear that will get you Rey faster than someone who got Rey first can get SLKR).

Probably because the rewards are trash even in the top 10.
  • Options
    All they need to do is add, "SLKR is immune to cooldown increases" to his kit under "Press the Advantage" problem solved. SLKR is immune to stagger AND COOLDOWN INCREASES in the first line.
  • jman1234
    93 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Again, if you are wondering if/when they will make changes, they never made any guarantees that changes would be made.

Hi Holotable Heroes,
    We’ve been following the impact of Galactic Legends closely. We have seen in our data and from the community that using undersized squads with General Anakin Skywalker can pose an issue for Supreme Leader Kylo Ren under the right circumstances. This appears to be more consistent than we would like to see and we are actively monitoring this interaction. In general, we want to avoid scenarios where a team performs better when undersized or lower investment (as was the case with Nightsister Zombie). As a result, we are likely going to make changes to address the viability of using undersized teams against Supreme Leader Kylo Ren.
    We have not decided on any changes at this time, but please be aware that there may be changes coming in the future.

I stand by what I said that they don't need to fix SLKR. However, I wouldn't mind if they made FO reworks or touch ups to stop this undersized GAS team.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    In my arena, SLKR is the harder defensive team to beat even with Rey. Kylo can even solo every team, or 2 man every team except himself. I think Kylo is PLENTY strong. I feel they should change Rey actually si she can whirlwind first turn like her kit originally read. Might balance her out some with Kylo in arena
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    In my arena, SLKR is the harder defensive team to beat even with Rey.

Um. I love Kylo, but it sounds like your shard is in dire need of a massive transfusion of GIT GUD.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    Hero with no fear: "If all character slots" instead of "if all allies" could be an elegant solution. It only affects undersizing, which is the problem that CG wants to fix.

Am I forgetting something ? Do you see a butterfly effect ?
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options
    Its something that needs to be fixed. Obviously CG didn't intend for GAS to be used like this vs SLKR - its crap that it's being utilized like that (even full GAS teams of 501st are essentially using the same strat).

It needs attention IMO. Maybe something that says FO allies when SLKR is present are immune to critical hits if they have advantage. Something to that effect.
  • MasterSeedy
    5042 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @Broxxor
    Its something that needs to be fixed. Obviously CG didn't intend for GAS to be used like this vs SLKR

This is such a hilariously bad argument.

CG did not intend to have JKAnakin in a NightSister squad, but he's there anyway, soloing p3 of HSTR and doing high damage in p4.

If they changed someone's kit every time someone did something that CG did not "intend", the game would collapse and die because they'd be too busy "fixing" existing toons to make anything new at all.

If you want an argument for changing something, you have to come up with a better argument than, "When CG imagined how the character would be used, they didn't anticipate quite this use, exactly."

And let's be real. You have to ***really*** nitpick to say that they didn't intend GAS to be used this way. Because they actively give undersizing bonuses during GAC, and this squad is still all-501st.

So to make your argument you would have to say that the same game company that designed GAS to be paired with 501st clones and who gives bonuses for undersizing never, ever, ever thought it would be okay to do both of those things at the same time.

Again, it's a laughably bad argument.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    @Broxxor
    Its something that needs to be fixed. Obviously CG didn't intend for GAS to be used like this vs SLKR

This is such a hilariously bad argument.

CG did not intend to have JKAnakin in a NightSister squad, but he's there anyway, soloing p3 of HSTR and doing high damage in p4.

If they changed someone's kit every time someone did something that CG did not "intend", the game would collapse and die because they'd be too busy "fixing" existing toons to make anything new at all.

If you want an argument for changing something, you have to come up with a better argument than, "When CG imagined how the character would be used, they didn't anticipate quite this use, exactly."

And let's be real. You have to ***really*** nitpick to say that they didn't intend GAS to be used this way. Because they actively give undersizing bonuses during GAC, and this squad is still all-501st.

So to make your argument you would have to say that the same game company that designed GAS to be paired with 501st clones and who gives bonuses for undersizing never, ever, ever thought it would be okay to do both of those things at the same time.

Again, it's a laughably bad argument.

Speaking of bad arguments, you don’t remember the ep fix? Or any of the others? Glass houses much? Also, I think it’s plausible that cg missed that people would go into arena with undersized teams. I can’t think of a time when that was a thing before.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • MasterSeedy
    5042 posts Member
    Options
    @Gifafi
    Speaking of bad arguments, you don’t remember the ep fix? Or any of the others? Glass houses much?

Ah, the tu quoque! Except you've failed to realize that I'm not making any argument at all, just pointing out that
    it must be fixed because CG didn't think of that in advance

is a terrible argument. If person one says that a country should have the death penalty for murder because squirrels save nuts for the winter, that's a laughably bad argument. And person two should enjoy pointing out that it's a bad argument and laughing their head off.

If person three then comes along, finds person two laughing at the squirrel argument, and says,
    Oh yeah! Well squirrels do in fact save nuts for the winter and i have proof!

That is utterly failing to get why person two is laughing.

You're not refuting anything. You're just proving that you don't understand what's being said.

Go ahead and prove, if you can, that using a strategy that CG didn't think of in advance is automatically something wrong that must be fixed.

Failing that, the argument Broxxor made will remain a laughably bad argument. Using toons in ways that CG did not intend in advance is the entire point of theory crafting. If we were only supposed to use toons in the way that CG intended when creating the characters, all the "theory crafting" would be done before a character's release.

CG doesn't "fix" things to stop people using them in ways other than those it thought of in advance. People think of new ways to use the toons all the time. When there have been "fixes" it's not because the problem was using a strategy that CG didn't intend for you to use. It was because the strategy resulted in an infinite loop or some other problem.

But using toons in ways that CG didn't intend in advance is not a problem. Indeed it's a large part of the fun of SWGOH.
  • MasterSeedy
    5042 posts Member
    Options
    @ZAP
    It's like people are willfully misunderstanding the point.
    "This must be changed because CG feels a need to reward people who invested in the latest & greatest character"

is a different argument from,
    This must be changed because CG didn't intend in advance that GAS and Echo could be used in an undersize squad that relies on GAS's counterattacks to kill the enemy.

The second one means that CG would have to change every character all the time. I don't think that CG intended that I would use Plo Koon (L), Holdo, Scav Rey as a counter to zMaul. But just because they didn't intend it doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with it or that it needs to be fixed.

The person that made a laughably bad argument said that a "fix" was needed because we weren't using characters as intended.

But that's not the problem That was never the problem. Thinking that you're only supposed to use characters in the way that CG intended when designing the character is laughably unreasonable.

Yes, there are reasons to argue for a fix. "CG didn't intend in advance that people would use these characters together this way" is not one of them.

Think for half a second and you, too, can realize that. In fact, I rather think you already did, because, "They've protected investment in high-cost toons before" is a different argument than "someone did something that CG did not pre-approve!"