SLKR vs GAS +1

Prev13
When will SLKR be fixed?! I see lots of chatter but there isn’t a date set to fix this yet?! Rey kicks backside, but GAS teams or GAS +1 stomps my backside. A lot of effort (not to mention $) to have my butt handed to me on regular basis!

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    fix is ready. I can only hope/assume after gac but who knows
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Why SLKR needs a fix ? For what ?
  • MasterSeedy
    5072 posts Member
    Options
    There is no fix needed.

Nonetheless, there will be a "fix" implemented. Because whiny babies gonna whine.

Pro-tip: You don't deserve an automatic win just because you have a Galactic Legend. Playing a game is supposed to require some skills. If CG is determined to take the skill out of the equation and simply declare the person who has X character the winner based on the presence of that character, there's no reason to actually call this a game.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

He doesn't need a fix. But some people are just salty that their full FO SLKR squad gets "cheesed" down by GAS+1 and using a mixed SLKR team for arena or at least including Malak to stop the GAS+1 thing is too much to ask for.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

He doesn't need a fix. But some people are just salty that their full FO SLKR squad gets "cheesed" down by GAS+1 and using a mixed SLKR team for arena or at least including Malak to stop the GAS+1 thing is too much to ask for.

If arena was the only game mode then maybe it wouldn't be a problem, but in pretty much every other game mode, Malak needs to be on an SE team or you are severely diminishing the usefulness of one of the best teams for GAC/TW/etc...
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

If arena was the only game mode then maybe it wouldn't be a problem, but in pretty much every other game mode, Malak needs to be on an SE team or you are severely diminishing the usefulness of one of the best teams for GAC/TW/etc...

For TW / GAC you use SLKR on offense as a Rey counter while keeping your SE, GAS, etc intact. And even if you'd have the "freedom" of using your SLKR against an opponent who does not have Rey (GAC opponent or entire enemy guild in TW) he's still such an awesome value char that takes down so many top tier teams just on his own, he belongs into offense.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

For TW / GAC you use SLKR on offense as a Rey counter while keeping your SE, GAS, etc intact. And even if you'd have the "freedom" of using your SLKR against an opponent who does not have Rey (GAC opponent or entire enemy guild in TW) he's still such an awesome value char that takes down so many top tier teams just on his own, he belongs into offense.

"Useless on defense in most game modes" is not really a compelling selling feature for what is supposed to be one of the best characters in the game.
  • Options
    No way should there be a fix! Someone still has to use their Gas to take you down...that's a premium character taken out of your opponents rosta for GAC.... as for arena... its the easiest fix in the world by just putting a malak or the like into the team.
    In my shard most Rey teams consist of 2 or 3 factions to stop counters, GL kylo should be no different
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    Deany123 wrote: »
    No way should there be a fix! Someone still has to use their Gas to take you down...that's a premium character taken out of your opponents rosta for GAC.... as for arena... its the easiest fix in the world by just putting a malak or the like into the team.
    In my shard most Rey teams consist of 2 or 3 factions to stop counters, GL kylo should be no different

Let me guess, you have GAS but not SLKR.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

"Useless on defense in most game modes" is not really a compelling selling feature for what is supposed to be one of the best characters in the game.

Oh he IS one of the best characters in the game, even better than Rey. If you really want to throw him on defense, go ahead and set a mixed team then. That's not how you win GAC's / TW's though.
  • Monomer
    139 posts Member
    Options

Pretty sure ‘useless’ is your word, so putting quotes around it is pretty silly. He’s just as useful on defense as Rey is. Rey is beaten by JKR or DR. The cheese team is easily countered in a lot of ways, including having a full FO team. There’s nothing that needs to be fixed. And if there is, then the same applies to SLK + wat beating Rey.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    Monomer wrote: »

Pretty sure ‘useless’ is your word, so putting quotes around it is pretty silly. He’s just as useful on defense as Rey is. Rey is beaten by JKR or DR. The cheese team is easily countered in a lot of ways, including having a full FO team. There’s nothing that needs to be fixed. And if there is, then the same applies to SLK + wat beating Rey.

Again, clearly someone with GAS but not SLKR.

The quotes were there to show a potential line item on a sell sheet for a product, not to identify them as someone else's words, but whatever, sure it's silly.

If there is a similar issue with Rey, then sure, it should definitely be corrected in some way. It's one thing for a character or two like Malak, Nest or Traya/Sion to be able to take on a full C or D level team but when a two man team can consistently beat one of the best teams in the game, they clearly made an error somewhere in testing.
  • Monomer
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Monomer wrote: »

Again, clearly someone with GAS but not SLKR.
    Says someone who clearly doesn’t know how to use their own characters.
    The quotes were there to show a potential line item on a sell sheet for a product, not to identify them as someone else's words, but whatever, sure it's silly.

Except you’re extremely wrong in either case.
    If there is a similar issue with Rey, then sure, it should definitely be corrected in some way.

But if they buffed Rey or nerfed SLK you’d be right back here complaining.
    It's one thing for a character or two like Malak, Nest or Traya/Sion to be able to take on a full C or D level team but when a two man team can consistently beat one of the best teams in the game, they clearly made an error somewhere in testing.

That’s the thing, it’s only consistent against a very specific SLK team, and in many cases requires people to remod their GAS, reducing its viability in mirror matches. There are so many ways to counter this that it’s ridiculous people can even complain about it.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    What does not knowing how to use my characters have to do with the fact you have GAS, but not SLKR? Was I incorrect in my assumption? If so, my bad, please accept my apologies.

CG has clearly identified this as an unintended interaction between characters that they are going to correct in some way.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    There is (and should) not be an All-round-best team in this game: Just the thought of spending enough money will buy you invincibility is such an absurd way of playing this game. This is a collection game, meaning you have to collect and assemble the right team with the right toons for what you want to do. And some toons are amazing, some are mediocre and some are bad at certain roles. Even GLs are not supposed to excel in all roles/game modes.

Post edited by Antario on
  • jman1234
    93 posts Member
    Options
    Their does not need to be a fix for this 2v5 situation. You aren't gonna see it in Squad Arena for sure. If you are worried about this happening to SLKR on defense in GAC or TW, then it's simple. Don't put him on defense. His offensive viability is already insane as he is able to solo/duo basically every single team in the entire game. He is the most consistent counter to GL Rey and doesn't require you to take apart every other meta team you have to beat it. He is already the best PvE character as well so idk why you want to make him even stronger. Also, CG said, "We have not decided on any changes at this time, but please be aware that there may be changes coming in the future," so there's no guarantee that they will change it.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options
    Daddy00 wrote: »
    When will SLKR be fixed?! I see lots of chatter but there isn’t a date set to fix this yet?! Rey kicks backside, but GAS teams or GAS +1 stomps my backside. A lot of effort (not to mention $) to have my butt handed to me on regular basis!

Honestly I think the fix actually resides in Hux.

I love the interaction and combination I can make with my GL Rey and Fin and Poe.

When looking at my Kylo, I feel the original intent may have been to have that trio work in a similar way.

And this is just through my own experience using both GL's.

Don't get me wrong, he does still. But when I think back to Hux's original zeta, it would seem not specifying it as All First order, it would have allowed for the interchangeability to work on par with his counter part Rey.

I wonder why, they didn't change Hux's zeta to something similar to Bastila Shan Fallen's unique.

If they could have made it so if a FO is in the leader. Wouldn't that allow for the mix n match, plug n play and easily prevent this interaction and still getting Hux's unique?
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    They have responded that something will happen with the GAS vs SLKR interaction.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228891/possible-changes-to-galactic-legend-supreme-leader-kylo-ren#latest

This is known to us, what we must wait for is any changes that cause the character SLKR advantages over his equal investment counterpart, Rey.
  • Starl0rd
    97 posts Member
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    They have responded that something will happen with the GAS vs SLKR interaction.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228891/possible-changes-to-galactic-legend-supreme-leader-kylo-ren#latest

This is known to us, what we must wait for is any changes that cause the character SLKR advantages over his equal investment counterpart, Rey.

...AND the investment made by many into General Anakin Skywalker...tread lightly.

• Options

The investments for Rey and SLKR are not equal at all. Rey is much more stringent.

SLKR owners get to solo the Sith raid. I'm not sure why anyone who can solo the Sith raid would be complaining about anything related to SLKR. You go the better raid toon, apparently. Enjoy what that brings you (meaning all the top reward gear that will get you Rey faster than someone who got Rey first can get SLKR).
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    Options

The investments for Rey and SLKR are not equal at all. Rey is much more stringent.

SLKR owners get to solo the Sith raid. I'm not sure why anyone who can solo the Sith raid would be complaining about anything related to SLKR. You go the better raid toon, apparently. Enjoy what that brings you (meaning all the top reward gear that will get you Rey faster than someone who got Rey first can get SLKR).

A better Return on Investment (debatable) does not mean the initial investment is not equal.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options

A better Return on Investment (debatable) does not mean the initial investment is not equal.

Indeed it does not. Nor did I imply that. The investment to get Rey is more than the investment to get SLKR, regardless or ROI.
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    Options

Indeed it does not. Nor did I imply that. The investment to get Rey is more than the investment to get SLKR, regardless or ROI.

How so?
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »

How so?

Doesn’t the Rey reqs require one more r5 vs Kylos r3?

Edit: yeah Rey requires 7 r5s and 2 r3s vs kylos 6 r5s and 3 r3s. R7s are the same.

So, 2 relic levels more investment for Rey 😁

Strange they did that, but I would consider that a negligible difference.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

How so?

To obtain close to launch, it was much higher to get Rey because Poe wasn't released to a node until the date of the event launch.

Not relevant at this point, but it cost me then.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Keep in mind, that the toons you relic for SLKR are better toons, as well, for the most part. One could easily argue that with EP, KRU, Hux, and SiT that the SLKR farm has four of the top five toons in both combined.

One nice thing about Rey, however, is that you don't use any of the traditional Resistance toons in her squad, so it is nice that you are using toons you geared for her, with her (for the most part). SLKR is a collage of all sorts of toons right now in Arena.