Traya question

joelgs23
251 posts Member
Can someone explain to me the value of "Lord of Betrayal" ability. cleansing for 5% health per debuff removed seems like a fast way to kill yourself. What am I missing? IS it work applying this zeta? Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Options
    I believe that is damage dealt to opposing enemies based on the debuffs cleansed from your allies.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Personally, yes. Especially when paired with her lead. They regain the health lost very quickly.

It's a debuff heavy team, with a few AoE abilities. Say the opposing team all have been inflicted with Pain. Nihilus is stunned or has ability block. Gets to his turn, the debuff is removed, and he loses 5% Health. If he hits a debuffed enemy with a basic, all Sith regain 10% Health, for a +5% shift in his health (excluding other health steal). If he uses his AoE against a squad where all enemies are debuff, that's 50% Health regain for everyone.

In short, yes it's worth it. It keeps a squad under Traya have access to all their skills.
    Wizzyard wrote: »
    I believe that is damage dealt to opposing enemies based on the debuffs cleansed from your allies.

Nope. The damage is dealt to the allied character that is cleansed.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Options
    With Traya these days primarily being used to counter geos, it allows both sion and Nihilus access to their AOEs on their turn which does actual damage and speeds up the battle, as well as circumvents brute's taunt to kill brood alpha when the team's around 1 health. Without it, if they outspeed you, then odds are extremely high that sion at least will have abilitiy block applied to him, if not literally everyone on the team.

Against teams with more damage-oriented debuffs, etc. it's largely dependent on the team. 5%'s less than the overall effect of expose on resistance teams, since it prevents all their secondaries as well, it also prevents vader from insta-killing with debuff stacking, etc.

Also prevents healing immunity from sticking around (except against JTR, I think.) which would otherwise probably be a pretty hard counter to the way the team works. (similarly to how it hard counters KRU)

The only issue is that it makes the team way worse against teams that absolutely spam debuffs that don't "really" matter against them, and is overall a hard negative against characters with uncleansable healing immunity in many cases. (though it still prevents all the other negatives from their other debuffs, you just can't heal back from the damage, which can very quickly result in sion dying to teams he otherwise probably wouldn't.)

It's overall a huge positive outside of those weird counters you can build specifically to counter certain teams. High tenacity debuff spam teams that would otherwise see little to no use in TW/GAC, for example, if someone for whatever reason puts traya on defense. (honestly a theme with dark side teams these days. You don't see that many on defense purely because of the completely random potential hard counter uniquely specific teams that work against them.)

Provided you're actually using traya on offense or as a geo counter, it's 100% worth it. Just may or may not be more valuable than other zetas for other chars, similar to nearly every zeta in the game on a person by person basis.
  • Options
    Both of her zetas are worth it. The mechanics are explained above, but either way in practice it is 1 of the tankiest teams in the game with comparable offense thanks to Traya. I did not know that high tenacity teams countered them. That's something to remember. I usually just overpower them.
  • joelgs23
    251 posts Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks everyone. I just applied the zeta and will see how it goes
  • Options
    I'm leaving Nihilus at 5* for a while.
  • Options
    Traya's unique is HUGELY beneficial. Literally the only time it has actually ended up harming my team is when running Traya in HAAT, where Nihilus will eventually die, by effect of him stacking up too much health, so that his health steal can't replenish the percentage based damage from Traya. Specifically this is when Grievous applies all the dots. Otherwise Traya's unique is a game changer that effectively makes your team immune to debuffs.
  • Options

That's a strange decision to say the least. The amount of health my r5 Nihilus stacks up over the course of a battle can be astronomical.
  • Options

That's a strange decision to say the least. The amount of health my r5 Nihilus stacks up over the course of a battle can be astronomical.

My non-7* resistance toons are as follows:
    - R Hero Poe
    - R Hero Finn
    - Rico.

They are all energy nodes. If I dedicate that farming now I can focus for Rey, and my only farming left for GAS are on ship nodes. It'd be a big boost to my account to leave Nihilus at 5* for a while