Requirements are outrageous

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I do, but it shouldn’t. It’s a game. G. A. M. E.

So is any professional sport, but I'm pretty sure they are competitive.

Just because you cannot find the fun in being competitive with others doesnt mean everyone feels that way.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    No excuse for FTP to not have at least one GL by now. I'm 11/13 for the second one

Im only getting my first GL very soon because of my ship arena shard.. Many players are not that lucky

For me it’s just that I don’t want to get them, ever. Unless they are required for someone I really, really want.

Trust me, when they release GL Babu Frik you will regret it ;)
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    HKFactory wrote: »
    you built a poor roster.

I’ve got a problem with that statement. This is a game about powering up and using your favorite characters, there is no such thing as “building a poor roster.” Choices can’t be blamed on matchmaking no, but don’t call call it “poor roster building” if someone doesn’t invest in all “the meta” characters or invests in a character others call “useless.”

There indeed is a thing as poor roster building...that's if you care to be more competetive. Otherwise you can enjoy the game any way you want, build whatever you want. But are you really expecting anything to be equal to anything else in the game, how would that work in a game of ever changing metas and power creep?

This game is a game. Games are supposed to be played for fun. If you’re playing this game competitively, you’re not playing it right. That’s my take.

Maybe everyone should just get a zeta every month as a participation ribbon. Fun.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

"Shouldn't"

Ok.

If this is a grammar problem, if you read the comment I replied to, it would make sense. ;)
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Just because you cannot find the fun in being competitive with others doesnt mean everyone feels that way.

That is because they are made competitive. Lots of people just play with their friends to enjoy themselves. Unless you don’t because you have to make everything competitive.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

"Shouldn't"

Ok.

If this is a grammar problem, if you read the comment I replied to, it would make sense. ;)

It's not a grammar problem, it's a "game should be only what I want" problem.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

But games have conditions for success / failure.

I enjoy playing golf - I don't enjoy it more when I take 6 to get out of a pot bunker.
    I enjoy playing pool - I don't enjoy it more when I miss an easy pot to hand my opponent a win.
    I enjoy playing SWGOH - and I enjoy it the most when my guild gets a new record haul in TB, wins a TW, I finish 1st in arena or in a raid, I complete tier 2 of an assault battle etc.

If none of those things matter to you, fair enough, but I wonder why you're bothering to play it at all if that's the case.
  • Options
    I play with my friends a lot. We’ll go out to a field and have a nice game of cricket. If it’s made competitive, then I will play competitively, but if it’s not stated, or isn’t meant to be, I will play for fun.
  • Options
    you built a poor roster.

I’ve got a problem with that statement. This is a game about powering up and using your favorite characters, there is no such thing as “building a poor roster.” Choices can’t be blamed on matchmaking no, but don’t call call it “poor roster building” if someone doesn’t invest in all “the meta” characters or invests in a character others call “useless.”

There indeed is a thing as poor roster building...that's if you care to be more competetive. Otherwise you can enjoy the game any way you want, build whatever you want. But are you really expecting anything to be equal to anything else in the game, how would that work in a game of ever changing metas and power creep?

This game is a game. Games are supposed to be played for fun. If you’re playing this game competitively, you’re not playing it right. That’s my take.

Maybe everyone should just get a zeta every month as a participation ribbon. Fun.

?
  • Options

For something that's just a "G.A.M.E.", you sure do spend a lot of time commenting on the forums
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

For something that's just a "G.A.M.E.", you sure do spend a lot of time commenting on the forums

Almost like they're trying to win the forums.
  • Options
    I play with my friends a lot. We’ll go out to a field and have a nice game of cricket. If it’s made competitive, then I will play competitively, but if it’s not stated, or isn’t meant to be, I will play for fun.

So are you saying that it isn't stated that this game is competitive?
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

So are you saying that it isn't stated that this game is competitive?
    No.

It’s entertaining for me. I have nothing better to do, so I come here and see what people are talking about. There’s not a lot to do for me, so I just see what’s up.
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

How does one “win” the forums?
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

Indeed.
  • Options
    I’m asking for you to explain it. So please do.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I’m asking for you to explain it. So please do.

How does one win SWGOH?
  • Options
    You can’t.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Ok.
  • Options
    And?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    you built a poor roster.

It may not be right for you which is fine by me. Playing competetively is fun for me which is a huge aspect of any type of game, sports, computer games and even children games.
  • Options
    If kids are playing a game competitively, it’s not a children’s game anymore, it’s just a game.
  • Options
    You can’t.

Thanks - was looking for an "out" from this.

You're tying yourself in knots here, claiming that it's a game so it's not meant to be competitive, then claiming that's not what you're saying, then claiming you can't win at SWGOH.

You should pick one side of this argument and stick to it.
  • Options
    You can’t.

Thanks - was looking for an "out" from this.

You're tying yourself in knots here, claiming that it's a game so it's not meant to be competitive, then claiming that's not what you're saying, then claiming you can't win at SWGOH.

You should pick one side of this argument and stick to it.

Ok then. I don’t remember saying that I never said this game was supposed to be competitive. I just said it shouldn’t. And seriously, how do you win SWGoH? Get all the characters? Win all your battles? Win GACs? How?
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Actually the issue isn't the requirements. Every legendary has always been intentionally designed around characters that only the biggest whales already have maxed out. And balanced so that those characters had to be top gear. The problem is the GL's are the first to require hero's geared up to participate in the event but don't actually use n the event itself. And the event is so simple you could have beat it without all the relics. At no point does either event justify all the resource investment for hero's that won't even be relevant in a year.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    If kids are playing a game competitively, it’s not a children’s game anymore, it’s just a game.

So let's circle back to the beginning. You don't like that not everyone thinks your way of playing is best way to do it and you also don't like the way you play you are not able to win thus don't have fun?
  • Options

Sorry bro... He beats you by a whole lot unfortunately. yrggwd2inm40.jpg
  • Vi1teran_
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Who's getting paid to play? This game isn't a professional sport. In sports you can compete at the level you want. Competitive, recreational or pick up. Typically you participate with people at the same level and looking. There's no option for that here. Of course, like every other thread where someone suggests a way they think the game you get the same 5 or 6 people telling them to stop complaining. That's why we don't get new content, that's why more and more people quit.
  • Options
    Kronen wrote: »
    Actually the issue isn't the requirements. Every legendary has always been intentionally designed around characters that only the biggest whales already have maxed out. And balanced so that those characters had to be top gear. The problem is the GL's are the first to require hero's geared up to participate in the event but don't actually use n the event itself. And the event is so simple you could have beat it without all the relics. At no point does either event justify all the resource investment for hero's that won't even be relevant in a year.
    From what I’ve interpreted from this it seems you’ve explained why it is indeed the requirements which are the issue.
  • Options
    Ok then. I don’t remember saying that I never said this game was supposed to be competitive. I just said it shouldn’t.
    So, you accept that it is supposed to be competitive, but you think that people playing it competitively are playing it wrong?

Like I say, pick a side.
    And seriously, how do you win SWGoH? Get all the characters? Win all your battles? Win GACs? How?

Yes, Yes and Yes. And win TWs, come first in arenas, come first in raids, get a new best haul in TBs.

This is going in circles.

The game is designed to be competitive, like pretty much every game. If you want to play it casually to have fun with friends, crack on. Just don't come on the forums spouting blandishments that everyone else is doing it wrong.