Part 2

13Next

Replies

• MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Why clean up the code if this is the end?

Well if you were in CG's position and you knew the end is near for the games life cycle would you a) let people know that it's getting to the end or b) try and collect as much revenue for yourself and ea before doing so? This is simple business really. Now I'm not saying this is the case, but definitely a possiblity. Hopefully it isn't the case and we can still get a couple more years of enjoyment out of her before so.

Personally I've been playing the game like it was going to die tomorrow for a while so I'll just continue to build up all my favorite squads and get them all to r5 and squeeze as many gac opponents I can with teams they don't normally see built up to r5.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Why clean up the code if this is the end?

Exactly. They wouldn't tell us they were adding tools if this game were ending soon. A few years, maybe. Now, no.

They've told us a lot of things they couldn't or didn't deliver on. I'll believe the "new tools", "new game modes" and "fixed code" when it actually happens - not because they said "we're considering /thinking about it" in a Q&A.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    These metas get shorter and shorter

GoH: Doesn't release stuff
    Forums: More stuff!
    GoH: Releases stuff
    Forums: You're ruining my meta!

So stuff is just characters. So this is just a collectors game now? Dont get to play new modes with them? Most peoples days are just them opening the game up, collecting some energy, quickly spending it and maybe looking over their roster over a few different times. Fun!

Sure would be nice to take all my characters I have collected and do something new with them.

A collection game now? This always was a collection game, has never claimed to be anything else. There are action area, i wish there were more, but it is still a collection game at its base.
  • Options
    No one said JKL is a Galactic Legend event

Rey and Kylo had 2 versions prior to their GL version. Luke has 2 version atm. Shouldn't they finish his hero journey before giving him a GL? It depends. JKL in any form has to be the best toon. Finish his journey now.... He has to be cat's meow. Give him a GL a year from now.... Gp of 60k as most powerful toon in game ever.

At the end of the day it's CG, they make all the rules, decide what ones to implement,follow and disipline. They can skip final hero journey and go straight to GL JKL.

They said last month a new major toon inbound. This was before the Ahnold debocle. So this isn't out of no where.
  • LordDirt
    5008 posts Member
    Options
    Why does everyone think JKL needs to be the best ever and stay that way? Anakin was the Chosen One and look at him in this game. Darth Vader was one of the most feared Sith ever and look at him in this game. Can go on and on.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    These metas get shorter and shorter

GoH: Doesn't release stuff
    Forums: More stuff!
    GoH: Releases stuff
    Forums: You're ruining my meta!

So stuff is just characters. So this is just a collectors game now? Dont get to play new modes with them? Most peoples days are just them opening the game up, collecting some energy, quickly spending it and maybe looking over their roster over a few different times. Fun!

Sure would be nice to take all my characters I have collected and do something new with them.

"Collect and battle with iconic heroes to become the top hologamer in the galaxy!" is the short description on google play. then two of the main talking points in the longer description both talk about collecting heroes and ships.
    its always been a collection game first. everything done in the game is by collecting characters to do things to be able to get them powered up to collect stronger characters to get more characters powered to collect more characters. pretty much everything PVE in the game requires specific characters at specific power levels (synergy may affect the power level required) to be able to either enter or be able to complete, depending on the event. PVP can be done with any teams, but having the metas or clever counters to said metas is the ideal PVP. until you've collected the characters though, those PVE things aren't doable.

true some new game modes would be nice, and I look forward to seeing new game modes once they're ready. assuming I can even use them. thing is, unless it rewards useful gear or character shards or ship blueprints, it would be something I'd only do if i had spare time.
  • LordDirt
    5008 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, so let’s just collect characters. We don’t need new “content” just characters.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Ok, so let’s just collect characters. We don’t need new “content” just characters.

There are like 180 characters already, how many do we even use in any given week? We need more stuff to do with the characters that we already have.