Promote a new guild leader

What is the procedure to name a new guild leader if the current leader wishes to step down?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    When they leave the guild they will have to pick the leader to replace them. The only way to initiate that process is for them to leave the guild
  • Options
    Really? I can't just request that I be demoted? I would like to stick around.. just don't want to run things anymore..
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    mackbolan wrote: »
    Really? I can't just request that I be demoted? I would like to stick around.. just don't want to run things anymore..

Leave and rejoin.
  • Options
    Yes, you need to leave the guild and rejoin
  • Options
    This sounds like a terrible way to do things... is it so hard to allow inter-guild promotions so that a person doesn't have to leave? Isn't it as simple as swapping permissions between members?

This should be something that CG can implement fairly easily...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    literally all you have to do is leave and rejoin. while I agree there could be an easier option this seems like the safest, and isn't difficult
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    literally all you have to do is leave and rejoin. while I agree there could be an easier option this seems like the safest, and isn't difficult

Middle of a TB/TW?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Middle of a TB/TW?

someone needs to relinquish leadership in the middle?
  • Options
    Yeah why not?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah why not?

bc they'd have to leave the guild before rewards lol ;)
  • Options
    That’s... my point.
  • Options

Oh, I totally agree that for the time being, this is a decent option.

I'm just suggestion that maybe in the future CG could allow us for an option where we aren't required to leave a guild to promote a new leader. This would be an improvement on the current system.
  • Options
    Yeah why not?

If they need to quit being the leader in the middle of TB/TW, rewards are the least of their worries
  • Options
    This sounds like a terrible way to do things... is it so hard to allow inter-guild promotions so that a person doesn't have to leave? Isn't it as simple as swapping permissions between members?

This should be something that CG can implement fairly easily...

Implement fairly easy...maybe, maybe not
  • Options
    Yeah why not?

If they need to quit being the leader in the middle of TB/TW, rewards are the least of their worries

Hypothetical situation, no?
  • Options
    Yes, just like your response
  • Options
    Yes, just like your response

That... was my point?
  • Options
    Are you questioning your own "point" or comment?
    Regardless, it's the GL's decision if they need to leave the guild now or after TW is over. Neither of our comments matter much
  • Options
    Ok then.
  • Options
    Just to clarify, I am not looking to leave the guild in the middle of a TW. I have been thinking about demoting myself for a while and wanted to find out what the process is. Unless there was a major real life issue that forced my hand I wouldn't abandon my guild in the middle of combat. Not sure why you all assumed that I would do that..
  • Talifer
    84 posts Member
    Options
    Disney Sorcerers Arena has a nice system around guild leaders. I believe you can promote/demote guild leaders and co-leaders as you please but even better if the guild leader doesn't log into the game for a period of time it automatically promotes someone else, no more dead guilds that need customer support or completely disbanding and reforming.