Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    r0gk463vwdmr.jpg

This says a lot...

What says more is that many here seem to think CG actually cares about what this actually says.

Or that they read their own forum.
  • Options
    I don't even know what to say, this post says everything...
  • Options
    TayloRen wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    smlw5idcsury.png

Yeah, he replied almost instantly. Come on guys.

Weird, I looked back after I posted this and not one of the dummies promoting that Ahnald got a deal from CG for a 1 week ban have come forth and apologized for spreading that nonsense. Hmm.
    I did say that the information I received was unreliable :shrug:

Thanks for asking Ahnald directly, and clarifying but any sort of

I did like your post for it

If it was ‘unreliable’ then there was no sense in posting this. If it had some sort of ‘reliability’ then I understand posting this, but you saying it’s ‘unreliable’ seems you were trying to spread rumours. That’s my take.

I find it both ironic and amusing you are complaining about useless, unreliable conjecture on a thread dedicated to defending the literal king of useless, unreliable conjecture.

Maybe he's been annoying to you, but your response is just a whatabout deflection. You too are guilty of spreading a rumor and that's a fact. Just man up.

Try doing what I did and ask the source. I've asked CG about their take too, and of course no response so far, but at least I asked instead of spreading falsehoods.

Annoying? I said amusing. I don’t get annoyed by the forums, I come here for amusement cause all you fanboys really crack me up.

As for being “guilty”, you need to calm down there Timmy. This is a stupid game not something serious. I merely posted what had been relayed in multiple discord chats by reliable people. As it turns out the originator confused the in-skywalker email and thought it was addressed to Ahnaldt and made an honest mistake. And once again, lol, it’s amusing and ironic your so upset about rumors in a thread dedicated to defending the rumor king.

Things that arent serious dont make a billion dollars

May I introduce you to the Kardashians.....
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    smlw5idcsury.png

Weird, I looked back after I posted this and not one of the dummies promoting that Ahnald got a deal from CG for a 1 week ban have come forth and apologized for spreading that nonsense. Hmm.

If it was ‘unreliable’ then there was no sense in posting this. If it had some sort of ‘reliability’ then I understand posting this, but you saying it’s ‘unreliable’ seems you were trying to spread rumours. That’s my take.

I find it both ironic and amusing you are complaining about useless, unreliable conjecture on a thread dedicated to defending the literal king of useless, unreliable conjecture.

Maybe he's been annoying to you, but your response is just a whatabout deflection. You too are guilty of spreading a rumor and that's a fact. Just man up.

Try doing what I did and ask the source. I've asked CG about their take too, and of course no response so far, but at least I asked instead of spreading falsehoods.

Annoying? I said amusing. I don’t get annoyed by the forums, I come here for amusement cause all you fanboys really crack me up.

As for being “guilty”, you need to calm down there Timmy. This is a stupid game not something serious. I merely posted what had been relayed in multiple discord chats by reliable people. As it turns out the originator confused the in-skywalker email and thought it was addressed to Ahnaldt and made an honest mistake. And once again, lol, it’s amusing and ironic your so upset about rumors in a thread dedicated to defending the rumor king.

Dat **** tho
  • Options
    The funny thing is that I don't think this is an especially difficult situation for CG to have headed off.

Just go back to Ahnald when he contacted them about the bug and say: "Dude, you're on YouTube every day openly telling everyone that you're using someone else's account in violation of our ToS. We were willing to let it slide because we had plausible deniability and because we think you serve an important role in the community.

"Unfortunately you've then emailed us about a perceived bug on the account that you are sharing. We *can't* let that slide else how could we ever reasonably enforce the account sharing clause in our Terms?

"A temporary ban doesnt work here because people would still have an incentive to buy or adopt an old account at a fraction of the cost it would require them to build it organically. What we can do though is look at what you've spent on the shared account since taking it on, give you a percentage of that $ amount in crystals to use on your main account and ask that you spend those within the next 14 days. Deal?"

I'm not saying that would please everyone but it would at least let the angry mob see that they made a reasonable attempt to find a compromise, and I suspect Ahnald would have been at least somewhat placated.

It most certainly would be better than "banned, kthxbye".
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    AverageTed wrote: »
    The funny thing is that I don't think this is an especially difficult situation for CG to have headed off.

Just go back to Ahnald when he contacted them about the bug and say: "Dude, you're on YouTube every day openly telling everyone that you're using someone else's account in violation of our ToS. We were willing to let it slide because we had plausible deniability and because we think you serve an important role in the community.

"Unfortunately you've then emailed us about a perceived bug on the account that you are sharing. We *can't* let that slide else how could we ever reasonably enforce the account sharing clause in our Terms?

"A temporary ban doesnt work here because people would still have an incentive to buy or adopt an old account at a fraction of the cost it would require them to build it organically. What we can do though is look at what you've spent on the shared account since taking it on, give you a percentage of that $ amount in crystals to use on your main account and ask that you spend those within the next 14 days. Deal?"

I'm not saying that would please everyone but it would at least let the angry mob see that they made a reasonable attempt to find a compromise, and I suspect Ahnald would have been at least somewhat placated.

You're supposing that they weren't specifically targeting him, though.
  • Ultra
    11600 posts Moderator
    Options
    smlw5idcsury.png

Unreliable, don't post it.

Would be nice if people just asked the source. Takes a sec. That would be awesome if we could send a message to someone from CG about their take on all this and get a response, wouldn't it? Like a community manager or someone like that?
    Would be nice if people can talk without insulting the other person. Takes a sec.

CG doesn't have to say anything because they never speak on why anyone was banned other than the banned person, regardless of how outrage the community feels. This is a private matter between Ahnald, the Kraken whose account he's using, and CG

Ahnald can make it as public as he wants, but they still have to reply back in private
  • Options
    smlw5idcsury.png

The fashion moguls? That a lot of people take serious thus why they have made all that money?
  • AntaresKOTD
    18 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    It is as if CG cares as little about Ahnaldt as they do about putting together good matchmaking code! They have amazing matchmaking code, so they must care a lot about him! I mean, my guild is facing another with 25 GL's whilst we have 2, that is absolutely top notch code right there.

Well done CG, another feather in your cap. Praise to intellectual property rights!
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Basically Arnold was given control of a account of super whale/kraken that no longer plays. He used the account to whale out on new characters/ships to see how effective they are as he and other content creators had their test accounts revoked. An issue happened lately where he needed to send in a service ticket and that required the ally code for the account. When the account for that code didn't match his main account they out two and two together and banned the account. His main account is unaffected but he has to re whale on the three or few new characters he had used the other account to test.
  • Options
    Ahnaldt, Arnold, Ahnald?
    LOL
    Many requests in this thread for consistency from CG and the TOS.
    Let's make an effort to get things right here too, eh folks?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2946 posts Member
    Options
    smlw5idcsury.png

Would be nice if people just asked the source. Takes a sec. That would be awesome if we could send a message to someone from CG about their take on all this and get a response, wouldn't it? Like a community manager or someone like that?
    Would be nice if people can talk without insulting the other person. Takes a sec.

CG doesn't have to say anything because they never speak on why anyone was banned other than the banned person, regardless of how outrage the community feels. This is a private matter between Ahnald, the Kraken whose account he's using, and CG

Ahnald can make it as public as he wants, but they still have to reply back in private

True....now do the cheater special treatment.
  • Options
    So I love the game. I’m sad that such a big advocate for the game got hit badly.

His channel acts as such a great platform to market the game and the new content CG brings to the game (which is so rare).

A lot of the time the just the theories alone keep me going in the gapped content CG brings.

I feel the channel and the game just work so well together. Sad :(
  • AverageTed
    31 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    AverageTed wrote: »

You're supposing that they weren't specifically targeting him, though.

That's certainly possible, although I don't think it especially matters. The main point I was making is that CG are showing themselves to be really quite bad at both customer service and PR management either way.

Even if you ignore who Ahnald is (and to some extent I think you can argue they should) they have someone taking on an account that would otherwise have laid dormant and continuing to spend money on it. That's a good thing for CG! While technically a violation of their Terms, they haven't lost out here. Plus, by reaching out to report the bug the user has indicated that they were unaware of that element of the Terms or at least thought it something so widely done that it was vanishingly unlikely to result in serious consequences.

Why not just offer a compromise solution of sorts? Something they were clearly happy to do even when someone just APK'd their way through GAC.

They did not do that because, my goodness CG are just incredibly not good at this stuff. Or possibly, as you intimated, because they are more than a little petty and vindictive.
  • Options
    smlw5idcsury.png

kik382ch0suy.jpg
  • Options
    1) CG games is negotiating with hackers and has done nothing to hunt down people who are shamelessly using the hack. the hackgate's promises were empty, since despite the advertising mechanism the cheaters are out there.

2) CG is negotiating with cheaters.

3) The support service is a bad joke.

4) CG is retaliating with those who criticize. this is a whining leftist thing. Yes, what Mobiler Gamer said is the truth, youtubers are not part of the marketing department.

5) Give Arnold access to the test account or return that account, stop small talk and start Road Head right away.

6) When a few months ago I said that the game producer needed to be changed, there were 5 or 6 candidates for moderators of the forum to fill their patience saying that everything was beautiful.

And all the offenses on that topic that you received from Capital Games, you deserve.
  • Options
    Where is Anald
  • Options
    Yeah personally the game itself with the content delivered isn't enough to keep me interested. Ahnald is the added entertainment and community creator the game needs.

This game for knew people can be difficult in some aspect to understand and people like Ahnald actually advocate and market the game so it's viable.
  • Ultra
    11600 posts Moderator
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    smlw5idcsury.png

I completely agree with you on the Ahnaldt issue and don’t expect they will say anything publicly about that account ban, nor have any obligation to do so.

I also don’t think they will say anything publicly about the difference in how they handled the cheater vs how they handled Ahnaldt.

However, I do think they need to publicly address the issue of them negotiating with a confirmed cheater when that directly conflicts with their statement on cheating that’s still a stickied dev post we can all clearly see.

To my knowledge it’s the first time they have directly lied to us and I think it needs to be addressed ASAP. Otherwise, I just don’t see how anything they say from here on out can be trusted.

If the LD correspondence is a hoax, then they need to clear that up, as so far, I’ve seen no denial from anyone representing CG.
    I hate cheating and dislike cheaters, and I can't imagine a single scenario where what CG did with Skywalker is okay.

I don't think CG will publicly address this situation because anything they say will make the situation worse for themselves

There isn't anything they can say that would put them in good light imo

Its one of those situations where things are bad and its better to not make it worse by saying anything extra unless there is more to the story that we are unaware of
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Options
    I’d say CG is hiding again, like they used to with community drama, but that implies they even come here, which I don’t think they do anymore.

CG is MIA.
  • Options
    Still think the ban was a good idea? I hope he doesn’t burn the place down as he likely departs.
  • Tcetter
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Cool beans