I think it’s a Death Star raid

Prev1
Snap_Wexley
193 posts Member
edited June 2020
Don’t know if anyone has thrown this out there, but looking at the pic for this reveal we’ve got Vader, Palpatine, and Luke all hanging out in the Death Star. I think it’s the raid we’ve all been asking for for a long time now.
Post edited by Snap_Wexley on

Replies

• Options
    Lol, they announced they cancelled the raid they were working on. No raid coming, just empty promises.
  • Options
    I don’t believe anything they tell us. Wouldn’t be surprised if we get a raid or something raid like.
  • Snap_Wexley
    193 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    ☝🏼That’s what I’m really thinking. And it’ll be a loooooong grind.
    Post edited by Snap_Wexley on
  • Options
    A raid would be great but honestly I'm hoping it is something better than that. Maybe an interguild tw or something like that
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    bisto_760 wrote: »
    Lol, they announced they cancelled the raid they were working on. No raid coming, just empty promises.

Put on hold is not the same thing as canceled.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Options
    6wpqcl1bfxqh.jpeg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

The QA said delayed, do you have a different source that said canceled?

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just waiting for the day they make a whole raid with "rock-paper-scissors" mechanic..
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I think he right about the empty promises part...

I’d say this has been the worst era of game content in the history of this game.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Everything is an empty promise until fulfilled. Ex A: Jedi Luke
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Everything is an empty promise until fulfilled. Ex A: Jedi Luke
  • Options
    I don’t believe anything they tell us. Wouldn’t be surprised if we get a raid or something raid like.

Yeah, it’s disappointing when people say one thing but mean another. Like the title of this thread, for example.
  • Options

Semantics man. Fact is it's not coming anytime soon, and this game needs content desperately.
  • SGP
    51 posts Member
    Options
    Would be a huge let down if he had the jedi tag. He wasn't a real jedi in that movie.

If you’re refering to RotJ he was a real Jedi. Says so on the backcover of the 1986 VHS. Luke is now a Jedi Knight and has constructed his own Lightsaber
  • Options
    SGP wrote: »
    Would be a huge let down if he had the jedi tag. He wasn't a real jedi in that movie.

If you’re refering to RotJ he was a real Jedi. Says so on the backcover of the 1986 VHS. Luke is now a Jedi Knight and has constructed his own Lightsaber

Actually he wasn't one up until the end, Yoda said he would not be a Jedi unless he defeated Vader.
  • SGP
    51 posts Member
    Options
    SGP wrote: »

Actually he wasn't one up until the end, Yoda said he would not be a Jedi unless he defeated Vader.

It does not take defeating a Sith Lord to become a Jedi. Never has been the requirement never will be
  • Options
    I think it’s going to be a heroes journey to unlock Luke, followed by a deathstar raid where he will really shine. We may even get red 5 as raid reward
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Semantics man. Fact is it's not coming anytime soon, and this game needs content desperately.

Is it really semantics? How far off the raid is would you say?
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    It’s a clickbait title!
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Jppc wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Is it really semantics? How far off the raid is would you say?

Initial development. They said in QA “We’re doing initial development on one last year, but we paused work on it for the moment”

Ok then, in cg-speak that wouldn't be 2020...not even august xD. I'm trying to hang in for the raid, cuz I'm dead bored like most.
  • Options
    Honestly we should've had a raid based on Ships along time ago. It could've been tuned similar to the Rancor, of course it would be outdated now, but if we would've had a ships raid that would've made ships even more useful/ meaningful.
  • Options

Pretty sure they said they’d stopped working on it. Previously it was reported as being in the ideation phase.

Sounds like they didn’t get any further than tossing ideas around the office.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Pretty sure they said they’d stopped working on it. Previously it was reported as being in the ideation phase.

Sounds like they didn’t get any further than tossing ideas around the office.

so delayed like kyno correctly said now means they were just spitballing it for a minute. ok
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »

Yeah, it’s disappointing when people say one thing but mean another. Like the title of this thread, for example.

Comparing random forum posters with paid professionals that develop the game we play is strange.
    Not comparing. My humour isn’t for all, I got you.