jKL shouldn’t be a GL...he wasn’t that good...

13Next

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I agree, Rey is flawless, which is why I identify with her.
    I wish I could agree with you.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Jppc wrote: »
    Do you really think rey or kylo could have stopped JKL (ROTJ) ?

Yes, absolutely. Back during RotJ, Luke could not fight well with his light saber and had very little Force training. He got destroyed by Palpatines lightning while Rey deflected it back to him after she was Force drained by him. Kylos skills with a lightsaber were way past Lukes in every way and so was his Force training. He got Force drained as well by Palpatine and thrown down a hole and still survived.

Sorry, but I never thought Luke was all that great. He had to have his dad win his fight for him.

Many won't like this, but I agree with this guy. Luke was not very powerful even during RotJ. He never beat Palpatine, came nowhere close. Even Yoda and Mace could only barely hold their ground against Palps who was arguably at his lightsaber-fighting peak at that time, not the shriveled old man in ep 6.
    Actually Yoda was going to kill Palps, Palpatine knew that. Yoda was not “barely holding his ground against Palps” it was the other way round.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Ebiteye
    12 posts Member
    Options
    The way I see it is, Luke = MJ, Rey, Kylo = Lebron.

And we know Lebron while gifted will never pass MJ.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    Ebiteye wrote: »
    The way I see it is, Luke = MJ, Rey, Kylo = Lebron.

And we know Lebron while gifted will never pass MJ.

I like the analogy and I agree.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    I completely disagree. Luke was easily more powerful than Rey and Kylo combined. In legends he was the most powerful force user ever. Rey is just a Mary Sue with way too much plot armor, and Kylo is a whiny toddler. Neither of them could hold a candle to Luke, in force powers or dueling prowess. I want him to be a hero’s journey only because it’ll be easier to get him. He is way more deserving of the GL tag then Rey or Kylo
  • Options
    FlareStorm wrote: »
    I completely disagree. Luke was easily more powerful than Rey and Kylo combined. In legends he was the most powerful force user ever. Rey is just a Mary Sue with way too much plot armor, and Kylo is a whiny toddler. Neither of them could hold a candle to Luke, in force powers or dueling prowess. I want him to be a hero’s journey only because it’ll be easier to get him. He is way more deserving of the GL tag then Rey or Kylo

Objection, Kylo is a gary stu get ur facts right!
    My bad, you’re right

• AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Jppc wrote: »
    Do you really think rey or kylo could have stopped JKL (ROTJ) ?

Yes, absolutely. Back during RotJ, Luke could not fight well with his light saber and had very little Force training. He got destroyed by Palpatines lightning while Rey deflected it back to him after she was Force drained by him. Kylos skills with a lightsaber were way past Lukes in every way and so was his Force training. He got Force drained as well by Palpatine and thrown down a hole and still survived.

Sorry, but I never thought Luke was all that great. He had to have his dad win his fight for him.

Many won't like this, but I agree with this guy. Luke was not very powerful even during RotJ. He never beat Palpatine, came nowhere close. Even Yoda and Mace could only barely hold their ground against Palps who was arguably at his lightsaber-fighting peak at that time, not the shriveled old man in ep 6.

He never beat Palpatine. No, fair enough but isn't the point of that scene is that Luke was giving into hate to defeat Vader, recognised this and then refused to fight Palpatine. He couldn't beat Palpatine as he didn't fight him.

While not entirely clear what Luke's intention were it's certainly possible his refusal to fight Palpatine was planned as he wished his father to intervene and therefore redeem himself. A calculated risk as Luke ultimately believed his father could return to the light.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    This post really doesn’t even deserve a reply this is the **** statement ever made on this forum and there have been a lot of them. Luke before Disney cut his balls off was the most powerful Jedi of all time. I don’t even recognize Rey and Kylo as “Cannon” so could care less about them. Disney Star Wars is just pathetic and looks like it always will be.

The Mandalorian is excellent though.
  • Options
    Everyone is comparing the chars like they were all created at same time and point in the story development. I find this absolutely hilarious. Luke was created 38 years before Rey was and back in a time when the whole idea of force powers and what might be possible was still being developed. Then on top of that they had WAY more limited special effects capabilities and a whole different attitude towards lightsaber fighting thinking it should be more finesse and touch base to win than acrobatic and flashy.

To compare the chars power is absolutely laughable.

Hahahhagagagag what are you talking about, what power did Rey use with the force that old trilogy didn't??? Moving rocks? Moving light sabers? Using the force to enhance their movements? Lightning strikes from their hands?
    Cool they used force to Skype each other and they also used it once to stop a blaster bolt mid air, talentless hack Kathleen Kennedy saw yoda hover with his hover chair and was like OMG I want Rey to do that but with the force,
    So sure tell me what wasn't in the original trilogy and prequels because of special effect limitation?

So great job to your sequel trilogy for inventing Skype calls, cause force healing and the mid air meditation came in the legends, and last time I checked not every wanta be jedi could become one with the force, but its whatever right, it's just a stupid movie at the end

Yes a lot of what was done in sequel trilogy was done in OT but taken to a higher degree because they could. How old are you that you think they would have CGI effects back when they did the OT? You might want to check out “The making of” the different Star Wars movies to get an idea how they progressed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    This post really doesn’t even deserve a reply this is the **** statement ever made on this forum and there have been a lot of them. Luke before Disney cut his balls off was the most powerful Jedi of all time. I don’t even recognize Rey and Kylo as “Cannon” so could care less about them. Disney Star Wars is just pathetic and looks like it always will be.

The Mandalorian is excellent though.

Also, this holds promise
    https://www.starwars.com/news/taika-waititi-announce
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    The attempted a feeble story arch with her being a palpatine but anyone with a brain could feel that was tacked on and not thought out.

Segments of Rey's theme music are just straight-up Palpatine's theme switched to a major key. They had that planned since the first movie.

No they really didn’t.
  • Options
    If we are talking Luke in RotJ —> he was JedI Knight levels of power...
    GMY, Anakin, General Kenobi and even Rey (yes Rey) would stomp him hard.

Stop it. Luke(original cannon) is really what all Jedi dreams were made of.
    7xcvvjp9ip14.jpeg