Replies

• Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    based on promises of new content that has now been officially cancelled.

Please provide a link for your claim.

Really??? Are you new here? Raid cancelled? There have been many statements of "we're working on X", then later "we not doing that anymore."

Again, provide a link. No raid was promised, and there was no statement made that a raid has been cancelled.

6ux1tnp6znzi.jpg

epu2ayn1nfsg.jpg

So we were told in October one was planned for the "first part" of 2020.
    In April we were told it was "paused for the moment"

The current mythical "promise" is some incredibly long phrase they like to use. A new system for authoring content delivery or some such. So whenever that shows up, we're to expect the raid to be unpaused?

The thing is, whatever they were working on will have to be scrapped because the game has changed so much. Except for the art i suppose.

It does seem pretty tough to balance a raid around regular toons and gl kylo. We'll see if we ever get another true raid before this game ends.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Snake2 wrote: »

Really??? Are you new here? Raid cancelled? There have been many statements of "we're working on X", then later "we not doing that anymore."

Again, provide a link. No raid was promised, and there was no statement made that a raid has been cancelled.

6ux1tnp6znzi.jpg

epu2ayn1nfsg.jpg

The current mythical "promise" is some incredibly long phrase they like to use. A new system for authoring content delivery or some such. So whenever that shows up, we're to expect the raid to be unpaused?

The thing is, whatever they were working on will have to be scrapped because the game has changed so much. Except for the art i suppose.

It does seem pretty tough to balance a raid around regular toons and gl kylo. We'll see if we ever get another true raid before this game ends.

Not if it's a ship raid.

Also paused for a moment hardly equals cancelled (not that you said it did, just pointing it out)
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

6ux1tnp6znzi.jpg

epu2ayn1nfsg.jpg

Not if it's a ship raid.

Also paused for a moment hardly equals cancelled (not that you said it did, just pointing it out)

Quite true. My question is how much length of time needs to pass before we're allowed to say it was canceled? I don't know the answer, but after a certain period of time it becomes unreasonable to say the raid is simply paused.
  • Ultra
    11602 posts Moderator
    Options

6ux1tnp6znzi.jpg

epu2ayn1nfsg.jpg

Not if it's a ship raid.

Quite true. My question is how much length of time needs to pass before we're allowed to say it was canceled? I don't know the answer, but after a certain period of time it becomes unreasonable to say the raid is simply paused.
    That's for the devs to decide, not us
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

6ux1tnp6znzi.jpg

epu2ayn1nfsg.jpg

Not if it's a ship raid.

All we can do is take their word, and assume if it were canceled, they simply say that rather than say momentarily paused.
  • Jakdnels
    787 posts Member
    Options

6ux1tnp6znzi.jpg

epu2ayn1nfsg.jpg

Not if it's a ship raid.

They were in initial development last year but in late April they paused for a moment... What happened between last year and late April?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »

6ux1tnp6znzi.jpg

epu2ayn1nfsg.jpg

Not if it's a ship raid.

They were in initial development last year but in late April they paused for a moment... What happened between last year and late April?

April fools joke?
  • Options

I think it is up to you: Take a guess how long does it take to build a raid from the ground, from absolute zero, until the tested release. If you think that time has passed, it is still not cancelled technicaly, although there is no practical difference. I personally think the raid is practically cancelled: if you delay a 4 month-long project by 8 months (numbers are fictive) then it was practically cancelled and the rest is just rethorical ****-ing, so ppl dont feel cognitive dissonance during the microtransactions.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »

I think it is up to you: Take a guess how long does it take to build a raid from the ground, from absolute zero, until the tested release. If you think that time has passed, it is still not cancelled technicaly, although there is no practical difference. I personally think the raid is practically cancelled: if you delay a 4 month-long project by 8 months (numbers are fictive) then it was practically cancelled and the rest is just rethorical ****-ing, so ppl dont feel cognitive dissonance during the microtransactions.

Yeah, that. Or they announce a raid tomorrow.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    or had they commented on the whole mess around Ahnald

Seriously though, what is there to comment. Why should rules affect people differently?
    Post edited by RandomSithLord on
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    or had they commented on the whole mess around Ahnald

Seeiously though, what is there to comment. Why should rules affect people differently?

They souldn't, and that's the point. First, I'd like to see an apology for the cheater thing and a merciless permaban for them regardless of money spent. There's really no other way. Second, a firm stance on the account sharing. Either let it slide like they did until now, or crack down on everyone. Not selectively enforce it when they want to bully a youtuber.
  • Options

Yeah, that. Or they announce a raid tomorrow.

Only a sith deals in absolute.
  • Vuk
    32 posts Member
    Options
    No new conntent and after GL's so soon you are bringing Luke ? Its a joke.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    JediRobb wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Had this come before the RA got delayed, or had they commented on the whole mess around Ahnald, or had they teased some new playable content as well as a character with (probably) insane requirements, I think the reaction would be quite different.
    Another thing is the "Jedi Luke = end of the game" thing, which I don't think has actual basis in any official statement but is pretty widespread anyway.

The RA was supposed to be released at the same time, but it didnt get cleared in time (they were both supposed to go out on Friday)

Why wasn’t it cleared in time?

Because some higher-up didn't care enough to approve it in time would be my guess.
  • Options
    Vuk wrote: »
    No new conntent and after GL's so soon you are bringing Luke ? Its a joke.

Road ahead is coming, so we don’t know that there is no new content. It would be safe to assume that new content is coming to accompany him if the road ahead is separate to the post about Jedi Luke.
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    Options
    My hype for it is zero because it looks rushed, and it looks like its just been dropped in to keep us sweet until the 'new content' is ready. we're supposed to have mando content and then ESB...nothing about nyn ROTJ content, so i ask the question why.

The only answer i can think of as to why do you drop such an iconic character now - its to try to keep us appeased, and the only thing i can think of is that the RA will have some bad news in it - that the new 'mode' will be 2/3 months off, so this is to keep us happy until then.

But i also think as said in this thread they're going to have to thread the needle on this one - and do it wrong either way and you could annoy more people then you already have at you.

Less powerful then SLK/Rey - People will be angry.
    More powerful then SLK/R - People will be angry.

So good luck to Cg on that.

I still think ..Why now? Rebels and Jedi are in an Okay position, no need for a new character. Yet Empire are a joke and it was supposed to be ESB season...why not them?
  • Options
    Ally wrote: »
    My hype for it is zero because it looks rushed, and it looks like its just been dropped in to keep us sweet until the 'new content' is ready. we're supposed to have mando content and then ESB...nothing about nyn ROTJ content, so i ask the question why.

The only answer i can think of as to why do you drop such an iconic character now - its to try to keep us appeased, and the only thing i can think of is that the RA will have some bad news in it - that the new 'mode' will be 2/3 months off, so this is to keep us happy until then.

But i also think as said in this thread they're going to have to thread the needle on this one - and do it wrong either way and you could annoy more people then you already have at you.

I still think ..Why now? Rebels and Jedi are in an Okay position, no need for a new character. Yet Empire are a joke and it was supposed to be ESB season...why not them?

From the trailer, it looks like the event will be playing through the events of Empire Strikes Back.

I am hoping that the GL events were so rushed because they were working on this, and again I hope that there aren’t any balancing issues.

I’m sure that all will be revealed soon, but in the meantime, I’m excited to see how this will all be handled and look forward to more communication later.
  • Options
    Ally wrote: »

From the trailer, it looks like the event will be playing through the events of Empire Strikes Back.

I am hoping that the GL events were so rushed because they were working on this, and again I hope that there aren’t any balancing issues.

I’m sure that all will be revealed soon, but in the meantime, I’m excited to see how this will all be handled and look forward to more communication later.

I love how you make assumptions based on a 35 secs trailer, but question ppl who make assumptions based on the past 8 months :D
  • Options
    I love how you make assumptions based on a 35 secs trailer, but question ppl who make assumptions based on the past 8 months :D

I’m not making assumptions, I’m speculating based on the trailer, and showing excitement for a character I’ve long wanted in the game.

• Options
    OP, do you have abother way for the community to be heard ?
    Because, CG never listens, never, never, never...
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    So they paused the raid so they could release jedi Luke right after 2 GLs?

A new raid would have been much better imo
  • Options

They listened when we asked them to take challenge gear out of the haat rewards
    Lesson learned, be careful what you wish for
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

They listened when we asked them to take challenge gear out of the haat rewards
    Lesson learned, be careful what you wish for

Speaking of the AAT raid, they also listened when it was firs released. Or when Nihilus could unpredictably reduce his cooldowns in HSTR. The lessons go both ways.
  • Options
    They’re never going to say plans for new content or new raids have been cancelled. To think so shows a real lack of critical thinking skills. To do so would be financial suicide. No, they’re going to keep stringing along the whales and minnows as long as they can.

So you guys keep waiting, because I’m sure it’s all coming oh so very soon(tm). In the meantime, buy this new Luke ;)
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Mawat
    37 posts Member
    Options
    And what about negociating with cheaters ?
    It is the worst thing that can happen in a competition, and it doesn't ask development, just straight reliable guidelines.

It is not acceptable to hear no answer against a so severe accusation.