Luke requirements [MERGE]

Replies

• VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    I really don’t understand the outrage over these requirements. It seems to me CG actually tried to find a balance here, with making as much money possible on the 1st release and attempt to get him, yet offering a really good chance for FTP to get him 2nd and 3rd time around.

Because this time after their massive pitfalls and shortcomings it was time to give something the community could enjoy for the most part. Should that have been JKL? I don’t think it was time for him to be released. Perhaps the long overdue GR Jedi reworks, spearheaded by Mace and the RA would’ve sufficed. Perhaps another week of double drops everywhere and discounted crystals packs including vaults (the extra 25% ones), and an apology over how cheating has been handled.

I challenge even the usual apologists to disagree with instead of JKL, who’s kit is baffling that it doesn’t work with rebels or all Jedi, they should’ve released the RA. They issue an apology over their handling of cheating and as a make good they release a week of double drops, the extra 25% crystal packs and announce upcoming reworks we’ve been wanting. Or something of that sort. Maybe even toss in a small inbox gift like a couple hundred crystals, 50 of each kyro salvage and chewy shards for a laugh.

JKL wasn’t the answer

It has become pretty evident, that EA only cares about milking the whales, and it has become pretty evident that whales only care about the collection.

So nothing will change, whales don't actually care about PLAYING the game, so EA is giving them what they want, a product to buy.
  • Options
    ...news flash. Not every new character gas to be the new meta.
  • Options
    Reading here, I realize my first thought on JKL was right. Not interested. He'll be obsolete before I am able to obtain him. So, he is not on my radar. Those that want him, I hope you get him and he is what you want him to be. But based on the release notes, he is a misfit and will not fit in anywhere. Like Luke, so.. yeah. And check my avatar and name, I like Luke. But no faction, no synergy of worth. I see him as more of a marquee character, not a legendary. But meh, what do I know.
  • Options
    I have been a day 1 player. Which character do you get in the first event without spending. How is it different? Only qualm is he is not OP!
  • Options
    Requirements arent bad, anyone that's been around for a while should be able to do this. That's not the issue. The issue is that he's just not worth the gear- I can't see where he's going to be of any use. I'd rather sit on it and get another gL, either now or in the fall when they announce the next 2.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    baked_qft wrote: »
    Requirements arent bad, anyone that's been around for a while should be able to do this. That's not the issue. The issue is that he's just not worth the gear- I can't see where he's going to be of any use. I'd rather sit on it and get another gL, either now or in the fall when they announce the next 2.

Exactly. I see JKL for the completionists that want every new hero, they just want it. He's iconic etc. Which imho is totally fine. We all play for different reasons. I'm from the mmo world, if the stats aren't better, I won't survive longer, not interested. But others see Luke, a glow stick, and say...WANT!

I do say this, if you go nuts and have to have him, and do not wait for testing...it's your choice. No crying later, because he is just another dust gatherer. Deal? Good.

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I really don’t understand the outrage over these requirements. It seems to me CG actually tried to find a balance here, with making as much money possible on the 1st release and attempt to get him, yet offering a really good chance for FTP to get him 2nd and 3rd time around.

Because this time after their massive pitfalls and shortcomings it was time to give something the community could enjoy for the most part. Should that have been JKL? I don’t think it was time for him to be released. Perhaps the long overdue GR Jedi reworks, spearheaded by Mace and the RA would’ve sufficed. Perhaps another week of double drops everywhere and discounted crystals packs including vaults (the extra 25% ones), and an apology over how cheating has been handled.

I challenge even the usual apologists to disagree with instead of JKL, who’s kit is baffling that it doesn’t work with rebels or all Jedi, they should’ve released the RA. They issue an apology over their handling of cheating and as a make good they release a week of double drops, the extra 25% crystal packs and announce upcoming reworks we’ve been wanting. Or something of that sort. Maybe even toss in a small inbox gift like a couple hundred crystals, 50 of each kyro salvage and chewy shards for a laugh.

JKL wasn’t the answer

I think their release of JKL has zero to do with all the outrage recently. In fact, I think this studio is so out of touch with their player base, they probably don’t even think there’s any outrage worth or deserving of being addressed.

Again, this thread is about JKL requirements and although I don’t meet them, I think they aren’t outlandish or crazy like the GL reqs were.

That’s the problem. They’re that out of touch that this release is just....stupid. I mean bad on me for assuming they even knew there’s a problem and thought this was a solution. You’re right, there’s probably no legitimate conscious thought that there’s an issue.
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    They will never change 😒
    They want crazy/addicted people spending millions... nothing else matters.
  • Options
    No it’s meant to distract from the current problem of them letting cheaters play the game
  • Options
    Been waiting for jkl for a long time and it’s released like this wonder why.
  • Options
    They are cashing in one last time before it shuts all down
  • Options
    I’m aware there are a lot of people unhappy with JKL, the characters needed for him, and the short notice. Let’s be honest here though, he is the least paywall legendary style character we’ve had since probably Jedi Training Rey. Every character that is needed to unlock him have been in the game a considerable number of years, not months.

Yeah sure they require Relics now but these kinds of events get harder as time passes. GMY is a cakewalk now since mods and everything have been introduced. Chewbacca and C3PO weren’t the easiest. Stop complaining about JKL.

I get a lot of people have been complaining about a lack of communication since the start of the year, but 2020 hasn’t exactly been the best year for the world... Covid has affected every one of us in some way, and that includes CG. Give a break...
  • Si0n
    117 posts Member
    Options
    JKL = T.R.A.S.H. Trashhh. Traaaaashhhh.
    The most pitiful cashgrab by far. TRASH!
  • Options
    Not for new players your talking years for wampa and hoda Just sayin. And roll shards crap what guilds are even still doing that
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    You could have chosen less obvious name for your alt, Crumb.
  • Monomer
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Your post is kind of all over the place.
    I’m aware there are a lot of people unhappy with JKL, the characters needed for him, and the short notice. Let’s be honest here though, he is the least paywall legendary style character we’ve had since probably Jedi Training Rey. Every character that is needed to unlock him have been in the game a considerable number of years, not months.

Getting characters to seven stars isn't the only way to make a paywall. Relicing characters like ROLO in three days is still a paywall. But you're focusing on something I haven't seen many people complain about? Most of the complaints are about his lack of rebel synergy and the fact that he takes characters from the only other viable Jedi team. There are also a lot of complaints about releasing this particular character at this particular time, with general satisfaction with the game at a relative low point. People are still angry about the cheating thing associated with Ahnald's ban, the lack of a road ahead, the very disappointing Q&A, and the lingering impression that CG is apathetic about this game in general. Without addressing any of that, dropping a new character like everything is great comes off as tone deaf.
    Stop complaining about JKL.

You haven't really given any compelling reasons for people to do that, but okay.
    I get a lot of people have been complaining about a lack of communication since the start of the year, but 2020 hasn’t exactly been the best year for the world... Covid has affected every one of us in some way, and that includes CG. Give a break...

Covid isn't an excuse for a lack of communication. For one, their poor communication goes back much farther than the Covid-19 outbreak. Second, working from home doesn't make it harder to write forum posts. Third, CG's studio wasn't the only one affected by Covid, and other studios seem to be able to communicate with their playerbase just fine. It's really time to stop trying to make that excuse.
  • Options
    I'm tired of relicing absolute crap characters.
  • Options
    Hooray! Time to relic 3 my 5* g10 Lando, and 6* gear 5 ROLO!
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Options
    Once again, launch day players can easily get him F2P and newer players who desperately need their GET1 for GAS and Malak are screwed. I haven't even unlocked ROLO, nevermind Wampa, and I shot myself in the foot by finishing Hoda instead of hoarding for GAS.

But course that won't keep the trolls from claiming "EVerYonE cOuLd hAve hiM bY NoW" a few weeks down the road when we struggle with yet another ridiculously OP character in 3v3 GAC. If the game is still around by then, that is. I didn't want to believe it until now, but this sure looks like one last parting gift to the old kraken guard.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Options
    Cash Grab?
    Sry, but these are all toons, which are really really old and everybody should have at least @ 7* - sure gearing them will be a pain, but no new toon is required.

i won't get him the first time, but i am sure, if i would switch my priorities now, i could get him the second time.

If this event will be a RNG Festival like GAS it would suck!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Larx wrote: »
    Cash Grab?
    Sry, but these are all toons, which are really really old and everybody should have at least @ 7* - sure gearing them will be a pain, but no new toon is required.

i won't get him the first time, but i am sure, if i would switch my priorities now, i could get him the second time.

If this event will be a RNG Festival like GAS it would suck!

If?
  • Options
    Monomer wrote: »
    Relicing characters like ROLO in three days is still a paywall.

If only it were a paywall. Then newer players would at least stand a theoretical chance of getting JKL. We didn't even have ROLO unlocked when the new TBs were released. And most of us stopped buying Hoda and Wampa shards the moment Malak came out.

Some of us have yet to finish their Negotiator or Malevolence, nevermind getting both ships, and now everyone will want to go back to Hoth for ROLO shards. This will once again rip so many guilds apart, which are the only thing that keep many people playing.

It makes absolutely no sense from a business standpoint to tell new players "your money is no good here. You can't buy Wampa or Hoda. And you can't get them the hard way either if you want a 7-star GAS or Malak. You want Negotiator or Malevolence? No ROLO for you. Oh, and if you relic too many characters, we'll pit you against much older players in GAC who have everything you'll never get in time before we're done milking our longstanding krakens, the only customers we're really interested in". Not unless there is absolutely no interest in attracting and retaining new paying customers because the 5-year plan is running out.
  • Options
    Monomer wrote: »
    Relicing characters like ROLO in three days is still a paywall.

If only it were a paywall. Then newer players would at least stand a theoretical chance of getting JKL. We didn't even have ROLO unlocked when the new TBs were released. And most of us stopped buying Hoda and Wampa shards the moment Malak came out.

Some of us have yet to finish their Negotiator or Malevolence, nevermind getting both ships, and now everyone will want to go back to Hoth for ROLO shards. This will once again rip so many guilds apart, which are the only thing that keep many people playing.

It makes absolutely no sense from a business standpoint to tell new players "your money is no good here. You can't buy Wampa or Hoda. And you can't get them the hard way either if you want a 7-star GAS or Malak. You want Negotiator or Malevolence? No ROLO for you. Oh, and if you relic too many characters, we'll pit you against much older players in GAC who have everything you'll never get in time before we're done milking our longstanding krakens, the only customers we're really interested in". Not unless there is absolutely no interest in attracting and retaining new paying customers because the 5-year plan is running out.

My guild can't even get many ROLO shards from TBs. I don't think I have the required chars, even if I did I'd be the only one in my guild.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Options
    Larx wrote: »
    t these are all toons, which are really really old and everybody should have at least @ 7*

Because anyone who hasn't been playing for at least 4 years is an unperson. I called it in another thread a minute ago. "EVerYonE cOuLd hAve hiM F2P bY NoW"

• KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    C tier character locked behind a paywall.

Nothing else to say...