When do we have GL Rey buffed too?

Replies

  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    mr37hat wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

    Have you called out other people who have made the same claim?


    resorting to whataboutism?

    Tu quoque is a much better term for that fallacy....because, you know....Latin.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    If I feel attacked and the person I'm accusing is only responding to me and not several others who have also said they have managed wins with Res, that's not whataboutism, that's pointing out that they singling me out, which is what makes it an attack. It's personal because the other poster doesn't like me.

    But whatever, it's not relevant to the topic. I have some wins with Res and some losses. It's not the surefire win everyone wants, but it's also not impossible and the whole point is it's dumb to keep insisting that Rey is trash.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Rey is the second best toon in the game.

    When compared to SLKR’s vast PvE supremacy, PvP superiority, long term potential, utility with full FO, lack of RNG-reliant consistent wins against Rey offensively, the much more viable toons required to get him, and less gear required to get him, Rey is trash.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    lol
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    This nonsense needs to stop. Both rey and kylo are already messing with the game balance with their overinflated stats and ridiculous kits.

    Buffing rey is not the answer.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    This nonsense needs to stop. Both rey and kylo are already messing with the game balance with their overinflated stats and ridiculous kits.

    Buffing rey is not the answer.

    As a Rey owner without Kylo, there's no answer needed. It's fine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    Gas lead with Rey, fives , han and chewie. fives gets guard. easy wins against slkr.

    point is still rey is awful compared to kylo in every aspect of the game. every single one. gl’s ruined the game and it’s been feeing downhill since. rey vs rey is the most boring imaginable fight. worse than the jkr meta by a landslide.

    kylo breaks the game and makes it in guild that if you don’t have him you don’t get good rewards in raids because of the auto button. if everyone had him then 50 ppl would press auto and odds are you wouldn’t be top 10 regardless. skill is out of the question now. congrats game
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Rey is broken trash. I can't believe she seemed so good at the start, so people (like me) still deciding where to spend their hoard went for that piece of sheet mary sue trashbag.

    And yes, this was after Kylo wrecked raids. I still went for Rey, because I figured it was a good PvP toon vs a good PvE toon. And that seemed like a decent balance, and I like hte pvp aspect of the game. So you buffed everything about Kylo, including his dumb AI. And Rey now sucks at everything, even pve defense because of Vader buffs wrecking her. [Removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    If I feel attacked and the person I'm accusing is only responding to me and not several others who have also said they have managed wins with Res, that's not whataboutism, that's pointing out that they singling me out, which is what makes it an attack. It's personal because the other poster doesn't like me.

    But whatever, it's not relevant to the topic. I have some wins with Res and some losses. It's not the surefire win everyone wants, but it's also not impossible and the whole point is it's dumb to keep insisting that Rey is trash.

    Le sigh....you are the ONLY one claiming (without evidence) to be able to beat Ult SLKR with Rey with a full RES team, yet, Im singling you out? Ok, lol.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    If I feel attacked and the person I'm accusing is only responding to me and not several others who have also said they have managed wins with Res, that's not whataboutism, that's pointing out that they singling me out, which is what makes it an attack. It's personal because the other poster doesn't like me.

    But whatever, it's not relevant to the topic. I have some wins with Res and some losses. It's not the surefire win everyone wants, but it's also not impossible and the whole point is it's dumb to keep insisting that Rey is trash.

    Le sigh....you are the ONLY one claiming (without evidence) to be able to beat Ult SLKR with Rey with a full RES team, yet, Im singling you out? Ok, lol.

    Except I'm not. Ok, lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    If I feel attacked and the person I'm accusing is only responding to me and not several others who have also said they have managed wins with Res, that's not whataboutism, that's pointing out that they singling me out, which is what makes it an attack. It's personal because the other poster doesn't like me.

    But whatever, it's not relevant to the topic. I have some wins with Res and some losses. It's not the surefire win everyone wants, but it's also not impossible and the whole point is it's dumb to keep insisting that Rey is trash.

    Le sigh....you are the ONLY one claiming (without evidence) to be able to beat Ult SLKR with Rey with a full RES team, yet, Im singling you out? Ok, lol.

    Except I'm not. Ok, lol.

    I would ask for proof, but I know you "dont care if anyone believes you" so I wont. Good day sir.
  • Options
    This is a joke. Ult Rey doesn't kill SLK if he has HP mods. I can't beat him in any way.

  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Karuzel82 wrote: »
    This is a joke. Ult Rey doesn't kill SLK if he has HP mods. I can't beat him in any way.

    use GAS, reduce his max HP with GAS, time the ultimate and take him down
    shouldn't be that hard
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Karuzel82 wrote: »
    This is a joke. Ult Rey doesn't kill SLK if he has HP mods. I can't beat him in any way.

    use GAS, reduce his max HP with GAS, time the ultimate and take him down
    shouldn't be that hard
    So far GAC (or TW) it is totally wai that slkr requires you to use GAS with Rey. Whereas Rey can be taken down with Vader (or SLKR with some trash FO).
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Karuzel82 wrote: »
    This is a joke. Ult Rey doesn't kill SLK if he has HP mods. I can't beat him in any way.

    use GAS, reduce his max HP with GAS, time the ultimate and take him down
    shouldn't be that hard
    So far GAC (or TW) it is totally wai that slkr requires you to use GAS with Rey. Whereas Rey can be taken down with Vader (or SLKR with some trash FO).

    You can use JKR, DR, CLS, Traya (Vader) and Rey to take down SLKR. Build up your counter(s) and plan your offense/defense depending on your opponent.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    I just want to complaint about this powering up slk. There is no other channel to do it . I hope ppl will open a thousand of post complaining about that . That’s so messed up
  • Starslayer
    2420 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    If I feel attacked and the person I'm accusing is only responding to me and not several others who have also said they have managed wins with Res, that's not whataboutism, that's pointing out that they singling me out, which is what makes it an attack. It's personal because the other poster doesn't like me.

    But whatever, it's not relevant to the topic. I have some wins with Res and some losses. It's not the surefire win everyone wants, but it's also not impossible and the whole point is it's dumb to keep insisting that Rey is trash.

    Le sigh....you are the ONLY one claiming (without evidence) to be able to beat Ult SLKR with Rey with a full RES team, yet, Im singling you out? Ok, lol.

    Except I'm not. Ok, lol.

    I would ask for proof, but I know you "dont care if anyone believes you" so I wont. Good day sir.

    I don't want to be involved in this feud (too late), but i have to say tvf is right.

    At least one other guy claimed to beat kylo with full res in this thread, because i asked him for pointers. In an 18 pages post called "why go for Rey", other claimed so, showing videos. I actually manage to beat ulti kylo with ulti Rey using full res team too, I'm just having trouble doing so consistently, but I'm currently working on it.
  • Starslayer
    2420 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Karuzel82 wrote: »
    This is a joke. Ult Rey doesn't kill SLK if he has HP mods. I can't beat him in any way.

    use GAS, reduce his max HP with GAS, time the ultimate and take him down
    shouldn't be that hard

    What level of HP/prot are we talking about here ? To see if i already faced this kind of kylo or need to expand my testing some more ;)
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Karuzel82 wrote: »
    This is a joke. Ult Rey doesn't kill SLK if he has HP mods. I can't beat him in any way.

    use GAS, reduce his max HP with GAS, time the ultimate and take him down
    shouldn't be that hard

    What level of HP/prot are we talking about here ? To see if i already faced this kind of kylo or need to expand my testing some more ;)

    It's a very very niche scenario as that Kylo would have to be modded heavily on HP to survive a Rey ultimate when it's just him left. The moad layout that I use when going for the SLKR + Wat combo in GAC is pushing him to ~191k HP, ~58k prot and 484 speed.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    If I feel attacked and the person I'm accusing is only responding to me and not several others who have also said they have managed wins with Res, that's not whataboutism, that's pointing out that they singling me out, which is what makes it an attack. It's personal because the other poster doesn't like me.

    But whatever, it's not relevant to the topic. I have some wins with Res and some losses. It's not the surefire win everyone wants, but it's also not impossible and the whole point is it's dumb to keep insisting that Rey is trash.

    Le sigh....you are the ONLY one claiming (without evidence) to be able to beat Ult SLKR with Rey with a full RES team, yet, Im singling you out? Ok, lol.

    Except I'm not. Ok, lol.

    I would ask for proof, but I know you "dont care if anyone believes you" so I wont. Good day sir.

    I don't want to be involved in this feud (too late), but i have to say tvf is right.

    At least one other guy claimed to beat kylo with full res in this thread, because i asked him for pointers. In an 18 pages post called "why go for Rey", other claimed so, showing videos. I actually manage to beat ulti kylo with ulti Rey using full res team too, I'm just having trouble doing so consistently, but I'm currently working on it.

    I went back through this thread and didnt see anyone else other then TVF. Can you please point out the post in question for me?

    And its not a feud..at least on my end. I enjoy the back and forth from TVF, just wish he would back up what he says rather then the "I dont care if you believe me" shtick.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    If I feel attacked and the person I'm accusing is only responding to me and not several others who have also said they have managed wins with Res, that's not whataboutism, that's pointing out that they singling me out, which is what makes it an attack. It's personal because the other poster doesn't like me.

    But whatever, it's not relevant to the topic. I have some wins with Res and some losses. It's not the surefire win everyone wants, but it's also not impossible and the whole point is it's dumb to keep insisting that Rey is trash.

    Le sigh....you are the ONLY one claiming (without evidence) to be able to beat Ult SLKR with Rey with a full RES team, yet, Im singling you out? Ok, lol.

    Except I'm not. Ok, lol.

    I would ask for proof, but I know you "dont care if anyone believes you" so I wont. Good day sir.

    I don't want to be involved in this feud (too late), but i have to say tvf is right.

    At least one other guy claimed to beat kylo with full res in this thread, because i asked him for pointers. In an 18 pages post called "why go for Rey", other claimed so, showing videos. I actually manage to beat ulti kylo with ulti Rey using full res team too, I'm just having trouble doing so consistently, but I'm currently working on it.

    That other guy is me. @ly4oy4s I posted 3 videos of me beating ult-SLKR in the “Why Go For Rey” thread. Team was Rey, bro’s, Holdo, and OG Finn. Have probably about a 70-75% win rate against all SLKRs in my shard except one, the one I have to beat for 1st place everyday, which is under 50% but close to it.

    That, however, doesn’t change a thing. How is it fair that two GLs, both from the same newly released Star Wars movie, released at the exact same time with mirroring requirements don’t have similar win rates against each other with their factions? Rey users have never argued for her to be buffed in PvE (although we wouldn’t oppose it) despite SLKR being far superior for PvE modes. We invested in her over SLKR, gearing worse toons for more gear, because of her supposed PvP superiority.

    The reason we’re upset is because the reason we chose her over SLKR and better toons for less gear is now gone. SLKR is CLEARLY superior in PvP too.

    Sure, you can use the best light side toons in the entire game and get close to the same win rate with Rey as SLKR... one of whom requires a whole new slew of relic’ed characters that mostly only krakens currently have. To even be remotely close to the same win rate offensively and same defensive level, you HAVE to use those toons. Again, we’re talking win rates here, now saying it’s not doable with full Resistance. Arena? Honestly not that big a deal.

    GAC? TW? This is where the problem is exacerbated tenfold. I own a Rey and my opponent owns a SLKR. If I put my Rey on defense, she just just be countered by a high potency Vader, JKR w Thrawn, DR unless I sacrifice my Malak for her squad, etc. So let’s say I save her for offense because of all the F2P counters there are for her. And before you say SLKR has F2P counters too - I personally haven’t tried F2P counters against either of them, but I know folks who have and they assure me the F2P GL counters are exponentially more consistent against Rey than they are SLKR. So I save Rey for offense. But my opponent has SLKR - with full FO - on defense. And he full clears me. So now I HAVE to one shot SLKR to have a chance at victory. If it were Rey on defense, I’d just use my SLKR with all FO and have an almost guaranteed first try win. If I want a similar guarantee with my Rey when going up against SLKR, however, I have to pull GAS from my 501st team, JKR from my Jedi team, GK from my Padme team, and either JKLS or Hoda from my Jedi team as well. So now I’ve pulled 4 of the most critical toons from 3 of my best teams... 5 toons and 4 teams if you include Rey herself as a team (which you should). Sure, now I have just as much of a change at defeating SLKR offensively with my Rey as he would have had with full FO has the roles been reversed. But now what? Now he has R7 GG and relic’ed Sep droids and R7 GAS with relic’ed Clones on his back row. Guess I’m just SOL because I went for Rey. He has the same GP as me, all toons the same gear levels, Stars, stats, etc, except my Res factions is developed and I have Rey and his FO faction is developed and he has SLKR. But there is literally nothing I can do.

    This is why there isn’t currently GL parity.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    If I feel attacked and the person I'm accusing is only responding to me and not several others who have also said they have managed wins with Res, that's not whataboutism, that's pointing out that they singling me out, which is what makes it an attack. It's personal because the other poster doesn't like me.

    But whatever, it's not relevant to the topic. I have some wins with Res and some losses. It's not the surefire win everyone wants, but it's also not impossible and the whole point is it's dumb to keep insisting that Rey is trash.

    Le sigh....you are the ONLY one claiming (without evidence) to be able to beat Ult SLKR with Rey with a full RES team, yet, Im singling you out? Ok, lol.

    Except I'm not. Ok, lol.

    I would ask for proof, but I know you "dont care if anyone believes you" so I wont. Good day sir.

    I don't want to be involved in this feud (too late), but i have to say tvf is right.

    At least one other guy claimed to beat kylo with full res in this thread, because i asked him for pointers. In an 18 pages post called "why go for Rey", other claimed so, showing videos. I actually manage to beat ulti kylo with ulti Rey using full res team too, I'm just having trouble doing so consistently, but I'm currently working on it.

    That other guy is me. @ly4oy4s I posted 3 videos of me beating ult-SLKR in the “Why Go For Rey” thread. Team was Rey, bro’s, Holdo, and OG Finn. Have probably about a 70-75% win rate against all SLKRs in my shard except one, the one I have to beat for 1st place everyday, which is under 50% but close to it.

    That, however, doesn’t change a thing. How is it fair that two GLs, both from the same newly released Star Wars movie, released at the exact same time with mirroring requirements don’t have similar win rates against each other with their factions? Rey users have never argued for her to be buffed in PvE (although we wouldn’t oppose it) despite SLKR being far superior for PvE modes. We invested in her over SLKR, gearing worse toons for more gear, because of her supposed PvP superiority.

    The reason we’re upset is because the reason we chose her over SLKR and better toons for less gear is now gone. SLKR is CLEARLY superior in PvP too.

    Sure, you can use the best light side toons in the entire game and get close to the same win rate with Rey as SLKR... one of whom requires a whole new slew of relic’ed characters that mostly only krakens currently have. To even be remotely close to the same win rate offensively and same defensive level, you HAVE to use those toons. Again, we’re talking win rates here, now saying it’s not doable with full Resistance. Arena? Honestly not that big a deal.

    GAC? TW? This is where the problem is exacerbated tenfold. I own a Rey and my opponent owns a SLKR. If I put my Rey on defense, she just just be countered by a high potency Vader, JKR w Thrawn, DR unless I sacrifice my Malak for her squad, etc. So let’s say I save her for offense because of all the F2P counters there are for her. And before you say SLKR has F2P counters too - I personally haven’t tried F2P counters against either of them, but I know folks who have and they assure me the F2P GL counters are exponentially more consistent against Rey than they are SLKR. So I save Rey for offense. But my opponent has SLKR - with full FO - on defense. And he full clears me. So now I HAVE to one shot SLKR to have a chance at victory. If it were Rey on defense, I’d just use my SLKR with all FO and have an almost guaranteed first try win. If I want a similar guarantee with my Rey when going up against SLKR, however, I have to pull GAS from my 501st team, JKR from my Jedi team, GK from my Padme team, and either JKLS or Hoda from my Jedi team as well. So now I’ve pulled 4 of the most critical toons from 3 of my best teams... 5 toons and 4 teams if you include Rey herself as a team (which you should). Sure, now I have just as much of a change at defeating SLKR offensively with my Rey as he would have had with full FO has the roles been reversed. But now what? Now he has R7 GG and relic’ed Sep droids and R7 GAS with relic’ed Clones on his back row. Guess I’m just SOL because I went for Rey. He has the same GP as me, all toons the same gear levels, Stars, stats, etc, except my Res factions is developed and I have Rey and his FO faction is developed and he has SLKR. But there is literally nothing I can do.

    This is why there isn’t currently GL parity.

    Ok, I didnt read all that thread and I agree as a Rey owner.

    On the TVF thing, I guess he thought I read the entire forums, which I said I didnt, I was talking about this thread, in which he made his claim, as the only person in this thread to do so. Now, off to watch your videos.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    If I feel attacked and the person I'm accusing is only responding to me and not several others who have also said they have managed wins with Res, that's not whataboutism, that's pointing out that they singling me out, which is what makes it an attack. It's personal because the other poster doesn't like me.

    But whatever, it's not relevant to the topic. I have some wins with Res and some losses. It's not the surefire win everyone wants, but it's also not impossible and the whole point is it's dumb to keep insisting that Rey is trash.

    Le sigh....you are the ONLY one claiming (without evidence) to be able to beat Ult SLKR with Rey with a full RES team, yet, Im singling you out? Ok, lol.

    Except I'm not. Ok, lol.

    I would ask for proof, but I know you "dont care if anyone believes you" so I wont. Good day sir.

    I don't want to be involved in this feud (too late), but i have to say tvf is right.

    At least one other guy claimed to beat kylo with full res in this thread, because i asked him for pointers. In an 18 pages post called "why go for Rey", other claimed so, showing videos. I actually manage to beat ulti kylo with ulti Rey using full res team too, I'm just having trouble doing so consistently, but I'm currently working on it.

    That other guy is me. @ly4oy4s I posted 3 videos of me beating ult-SLKR in the “Why Go For Rey” thread. Team was Rey, bro’s, Holdo, and OG Finn. Have probably about a 70-75% win rate against all SLKRs in my shard except one, the one I have to beat for 1st place everyday, which is under 50% but close to it.

    That, however, doesn’t change a thing. How is it fair that two GLs, both from the same newly released Star Wars movie, released at the exact same time with mirroring requirements don’t have similar win rates against each other with their factions? Rey users have never argued for her to be buffed in PvE (although we wouldn’t oppose it) despite SLKR being far superior for PvE modes. We invested in her over SLKR, gearing worse toons for more gear, because of her supposed PvP superiority.

    The reason we’re upset is because the reason we chose her over SLKR and better toons for less gear is now gone. SLKR is CLEARLY superior in PvP too.

    Sure, you can use the best light side toons in the entire game and get close to the same win rate with Rey as SLKR... one of whom requires a whole new slew of relic’ed characters that mostly only krakens currently have. To even be remotely close to the same win rate offensively and same defensive level, you HAVE to use those toons. Again, we’re talking win rates here, now saying it’s not doable with full Resistance. Arena? Honestly not that big a deal.

    GAC? TW? This is where the problem is exacerbated tenfold. I own a Rey and my opponent owns a SLKR. If I put my Rey on defense, she just just be countered by a high potency Vader, JKR w Thrawn, DR unless I sacrifice my Malak for her squad, etc. So let’s say I save her for offense because of all the F2P counters there are for her. And before you say SLKR has F2P counters too - I personally haven’t tried F2P counters against either of them, but I know folks who have and they assure me the F2P GL counters are exponentially more consistent against Rey than they are SLKR. So I save Rey for offense. But my opponent has SLKR - with full FO - on defense. And he full clears me. So now I HAVE to one shot SLKR to have a chance at victory. If it were Rey on defense, I’d just use my SLKR with all FO and have an almost guaranteed first try win. If I want a similar guarantee with my Rey when going up against SLKR, however, I have to pull GAS from my 501st team, JKR from my Jedi team, GK from my Padme team, and either JKLS or Hoda from my Jedi team as well. So now I’ve pulled 4 of the most critical toons from 3 of my best teams... 5 toons and 4 teams if you include Rey herself as a team (which you should). Sure, now I have just as much of a change at defeating SLKR offensively with my Rey as he would have had with full FO has the roles been reversed. But now what? Now he has R7 GG and relic’ed Sep droids and R7 GAS with relic’ed Clones on his back row. Guess I’m just SOL because I went for Rey. He has the same GP as me, all toons the same gear levels, Stars, stats, etc, except my Res factions is developed and I have Rey and his FO faction is developed and he has SLKR. But there is literally nothing I can do.

    This is why there isn’t currently GL parity.

    Ok, I didnt read all that thread and I agree as a Rey owner.

    On the TVF thing, I guess he thought I read the entire forums, which I said I didnt, I was talking about this thread, in which he made his claim, as the only person in this thread to do so. Now, off to watch your videos.

    Actually beat ult-SLKR with all 5 standing from the full-Resistance team a couple of times. Wasn’t recording for those though.

    Doesn’t change my opinion at all. Rey owners have still been duped by CG’s (apparent) greed. I hope they prove me wrong but... not looking promising given this has been going on what, a month and a half now with not so much as an acknowledgement from them.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    If I feel attacked and the person I'm accusing is only responding to me and not several others who have also said they have managed wins with Res, that's not whataboutism, that's pointing out that they singling me out, which is what makes it an attack. It's personal because the other poster doesn't like me.

    But whatever, it's not relevant to the topic. I have some wins with Res and some losses. It's not the surefire win everyone wants, but it's also not impossible and the whole point is it's dumb to keep insisting that Rey is trash.

    Le sigh....you are the ONLY one claiming (without evidence) to be able to beat Ult SLKR with Rey with a full RES team, yet, Im singling you out? Ok, lol.

    Except I'm not. Ok, lol.

    I would ask for proof, but I know you "dont care if anyone believes you" so I wont. Good day sir.

    I don't want to be involved in this feud (too late), but i have to say tvf is right.

    At least one other guy claimed to beat kylo with full res in this thread, because i asked him for pointers. In an 18 pages post called "why go for Rey", other claimed so, showing videos. I actually manage to beat ulti kylo with ulti Rey using full res team too, I'm just having trouble doing so consistently, but I'm currently working on it.

    That other guy is me. @ly4oy4s I posted 3 videos of me beating ult-SLKR in the “Why Go For Rey” thread. Team was Rey, bro’s, Holdo, and OG Finn. Have probably about a 70-75% win rate against all SLKRs in my shard except one, the one I have to beat for 1st place everyday, which is under 50% but close to it.

    That, however, doesn’t change a thing. How is it fair that two GLs, both from the same newly released Star Wars movie, released at the exact same time with mirroring requirements don’t have similar win rates against each other with their factions? Rey users have never argued for her to be buffed in PvE (although we wouldn’t oppose it) despite SLKR being far superior for PvE modes. We invested in her over SLKR, gearing worse toons for more gear, because of her supposed PvP superiority.

    The reason we’re upset is because the reason we chose her over SLKR and better toons for less gear is now gone. SLKR is CLEARLY superior in PvP too.

    Sure, you can use the best light side toons in the entire game and get close to the same win rate with Rey as SLKR... one of whom requires a whole new slew of relic’ed characters that mostly only krakens currently have. To even be remotely close to the same win rate offensively and same defensive level, you HAVE to use those toons. Again, we’re talking win rates here, now saying it’s not doable with full Resistance. Arena? Honestly not that big a deal.

    GAC? TW? This is where the problem is exacerbated tenfold. I own a Rey and my opponent owns a SLKR. If I put my Rey on defense, she just just be countered by a high potency Vader, JKR w Thrawn, DR unless I sacrifice my Malak for her squad, etc. So let’s say I save her for offense because of all the F2P counters there are for her. And before you say SLKR has F2P counters too - I personally haven’t tried F2P counters against either of them, but I know folks who have and they assure me the F2P GL counters are exponentially more consistent against Rey than they are SLKR. So I save Rey for offense. But my opponent has SLKR - with full FO - on defense. And he full clears me. So now I HAVE to one shot SLKR to have a chance at victory. If it were Rey on defense, I’d just use my SLKR with all FO and have an almost guaranteed first try win. If I want a similar guarantee with my Rey when going up against SLKR, however, I have to pull GAS from my 501st team, JKR from my Jedi team, GK from my Padme team, and either JKLS or Hoda from my Jedi team as well. So now I’ve pulled 4 of the most critical toons from 3 of my best teams... 5 toons and 4 teams if you include Rey herself as a team (which you should). Sure, now I have just as much of a change at defeating SLKR offensively with my Rey as he would have had with full FO has the roles been reversed. But now what? Now he has R7 GG and relic’ed Sep droids and R7 GAS with relic’ed Clones on his back row. Guess I’m just SOL because I went for Rey. He has the same GP as me, all toons the same gear levels, Stars, stats, etc, except my Res factions is developed and I have Rey and his FO faction is developed and he has SLKR. But there is literally nothing I can do.

    This is why there isn’t currently GL parity.

    Ok, I didnt read all that thread and I agree as a Rey owner.

    On the TVF thing, I guess he thought I read the entire forums, which I said I didnt, I was talking about this thread, in which he made his claim, as the only person in this thread to do so. Now, off to watch your videos.

    Actually beat ult-SLKR with all 5 standing from the full-Resistance team a couple of times. Wasn’t recording for those though.

    Doesn’t change my opinion at all. Rey owners have still been duped by CG’s (apparent) greed. I hope they prove me wrong but... not looking promising given this has been going on what, a month and a half now with not so much as an acknowledgement from them.

    Those videos were pretty cool, informative and its nice to see that Res can beat FO. I did see a Wat combo that I didnt think of in those videos as well. I agree with you about Rey and I do not think that CG will do anything.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    I am 100% agree with you @Slaveen

    Good resume, exactly the main problem that kylo users dont want to hear with their so-called balance.

    We have been dupe
  • Krjstoff
    634 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    These continued bait and switch strategies from CG finally made me almost stop playing the game - and I've definitely spent the last money ever on the game. Why would I want to spend money to get ahead, when they obviously just sit out the new releases and then remove my advantage if I manage to prepare "too well"?
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    CG dont care about you. In the statistics, more players went for Rey because she seemed better in pvp. Now that the balance in number was for Rey, they buffed Kylo to force people to go for him and restore balance to the holy statistics.

    Also this… which is a huge red flag for me. They analyse how the release went, and then buff whichever toon came out on bottom to force more people to go for the previously lesser toon.

    I'm perfectly okay with metas changing due to new releases or reworks from time to time.
    But given the requirements to unlock a GL they shouldn't manually change the upper end meta like this.

    It makes all my careful research and decision making before choosing which GL to focus on first totally void. The same goes for the cash I spent along the way to ease the proces along.

    So, dear CG, thank you for the last 3 years of spending. It has been mostly great.
    I'll now go focus my time and money on DSA instead, and dwindle my SWGOH efforts down to extremely casual day to day play.

    Peace out...
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    Options
    I finally learned how to beat SLKR a few days after the fives nurf, but now for some reason I can't seem to ever beat him. I have no idea what happened, but my win rate the last few days has been like 10%.


    I agree with the posts above, this has been a classic bait and switch; Release two GL's, both cost an unprecedented amount of money and/or resources. Of the two characters, one better for PVE, one better for PVP, most go for the PVP character, then switch it so the PVE character is now superior at both.... he ha - gotcha!
  • Options
    Rafini wrote: »
    Gas lead with Rey, fives , han and chewie. fives gets guard. easy wins against slkr.

    Even easier if GAS gets both Guard and Lifeblood - he never kneels and SLKR can't get his Ult ready
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    gflegui wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    gflegui wrote: »
    It has come to the point is extremly difficult win against SLKR with ultimate. The game is ruined for all Rey owners that dorsn’t have SLKR.

    Not all, just those who aren't willing to try some different things and would rather just get mad.

    Who asked for your opinion?

    Lol who asked for yours.

    This is a forum, we don’t work on requests. @YaeVizsla can I get your opinion on this?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    gflegui wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    gflegui wrote: »
    It has come to the point is extremly difficult win against SLKR with ultimate. The game is ruined for all Rey owners that dorsn’t have SLKR.

    Not all, just those who aren't willing to try some different things and would rather just get mad.

    Who asked for your opinion?

    Lol who asked for yours.

    This is a forum, we don’t work on requests. @YaeVizsla can I get your opinion on this?

    I can’t see this post now that you made it private.
Sign In or Register to comment.