When do we have GL Rey buffed too?

Replies

  • Nihion
    3002 posts Member
    What happens if a new buff makes Rey better than Kylo?
  • Nihion wrote: »
    What happens if a new buff makes Rey better than Kylo?

    Exactly, Rey owners would then go silent while Kylo owners complain. Rey and Kylo owners would switch places essentially.

    That's why everyone should shut up and stop complaining about one character being better than another. There is always going to be a better character if 2 characters are competing for the top spot.
  • Slaveen wrote: »
    str2019 wrote: »
    @Liath
    You have a 50% chance of choosing to farm the "better character."

    After the next pair of GLs 50% of (only) Rey owners will end up with two worse GLs. Does not the deal with Rey sound better every day? I guess at that point it is better to just quit when your roster is permanently that damaged.

    Well, like I said before.
    There is always going to be (in a two team meta) a team/character that is better than the other.

    Maybe next time you should wait a month to see if they make any immediate changes to the characters before choosing which GL to farm.

    Did you see the dates he posted? SLKR was buffed over 2 months after release. That was his FIRST buff. Waiting a month wouldn’t have changed a thing.

    Just take your best guess on who to farm! You have a 50% chance of picking "the right one." You still get the second best character in the game if you pick "the wrong character." Stop complaining and get over it.
  • Daishi
    706 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    What happens if a new buff makes Rey better than Kylo?

    Then we are back to balance. KYLO can solo raid for better rewards, Rey holds better in PVP while Kylo struggles some against her and destroys everything else. That's the balance we DID have until CG overdid a fix to a niche 2 man team that abused Kylos need for criticals and lots of enemies to ramp up.
  • Gamorrean
    2640 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    What happens if a new buff makes Rey better than Kylo?

    Exactly, Rey owners would then go silent while Kylo owners complain. Rey and Kylo owners would switch places essentially.

    That's why everyone should shut up and stop complaining about one character being better than another. There is always going to be a better character if 2 characters are competing for the top spot.

    And that character was Rey before Kylo’s buffs...
    And who says she has to be better necessarily? Every meta will change.

    This is a character requirement issue. I think it’s pretty clear most just want resistance to be viable against kylo. That’s all
  • Nihion
    3002 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    What happens if a new buff makes Rey better than Kylo?

    Then we are back to balance. KYLO can solo raid for better rewards, Rey holds better in PVP while Kylo struggles some against her and destroys everything else. That's the balance we DID have until CG overdid a fix to a niche 2 man team that abused Kylos need for criticals and lots of enemies to ramp up.

    I’m gonna take a guess and say that you don’t have Kylo.

    PvP dominance comes out to a lot more than top rewards in HSTR. But that’s the point. They’ll never be balanced, as you claim they could be. One will always be proven to be more beneficial than the other. Right now, it’s Kylo, and that’s the only reason that this thread has Buff Rey in the title instead of Buff Kylo.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    PvP dominance comes out to a lot more than top rewards in HSTR. But that’s the point. They’ll never be balanced, as you claim they could be. One will always be proven to be more beneficial than the other. Right now, it’s Kylo, and that’s the only reason that this thread has Buff Rey in the title instead of Buff Kylo.

    Currently if you don't have GAS and are in a competitive shard, you will struggle with Rey to take first against top end SLKs. There's plenty of wiggle room between "can win on offense without requiring the next best toon in the game" and "can't lose on defense".

    Give resistance a way around tanks to eliminate red sith trooper efficiently in-faction but make the AI too dumb to use it. ****, I don't really care if they add it to RHpoe but make his AI hard coded to use it on the wrong toon.

    Ideally they would also increase her ability in raids. The best guess I've seen on how to do that would be to dramatically increase how fast her mastery ramps. You could quadruple the mastery bonus without having a major effect on PVP and that may be enough to make her okayish in Sith.

  • str2019
    29 posts Member
    Once the next pair of GLs comes around Rey will be forgotten and none will be going for her anymore. That won't be the case for Kylo because he still soloes the HSR. It would very much make sense for CG to see that there is a valid reason to go for Rey.

    By the way, why do you think they added that sparkling effect to Rey's ult?
  • Slaveen
    472 posts Member
    When SLKR was the clear PvE king with more long term potential and Rey was the PvP Queen, nobody complained.

    Like @Daishi pointed out, there was a niche flaw with SLKR with the 2-man GAS team. It was right to fix this niche but it was over corrected. That’s why there’s a problem now. Before, SLKR against Rey was like Rey against SLKR now. Doable but RNG dependent. The fix shouldn’t have changed that. It should have only prevented the 2-man GAS niche counter to SLKR. The Fives cheese fix was okay, but again, the overcorrection is still there.

    Additionally, Rey needs to be made viable with all Resistance characters. So: revert the SLKR overcorrection while not undoing the niche and Fives fixes, and make Rey viable with Resistance. The latter probably means buffing Resistance toons and not Rey herself.
  • Nihion
    3002 posts Member
    hamfisted wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    PvP dominance comes out to a lot more than top rewards in HSTR. But that’s the point. They’ll never be balanced, as you claim they could be. One will always be proven to be more beneficial than the other. Right now, it’s Kylo, and that’s the only reason that this thread has Buff Rey in the title instead of Buff Kylo.

    Currently if you don't have GAS and are in a competitive shard, you will struggle with Rey to take first against top end SLKs. There's plenty of wiggle room between "can win on offense without requiring the next best toon in the game" and "can't lose on defense".

    Give resistance a way around tanks to eliminate red sith trooper efficiently in-faction but make the AI too dumb to use it. ****, I don't really care if they add it to RHpoe but make his AI hard coded to use it on the wrong toon.

    Ideally they would also increase her ability in raids. The best guess I've seen on how to do that would be to dramatically increase how fast her mastery ramps. You could quadruple the mastery bonus without having a major effect on PVP and that may be enough to make her okayish in Sith.

    I am really not sure why you quoted me, because you definitely didn’t respond to me.
  • Nihion
    3002 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    When SLKR was the clear PvE king with more long term potential and Rey was the PvP Queen, nobody complained.

    Like @Daishi pointed out, there was a niche flaw with SLKR with the 2-man GAS team. It was right to fix this niche but it was over corrected. That’s why there’s a problem now. Before, SLKR against Rey was like Rey against SLKR now. Doable but RNG dependent. The fix shouldn’t have changed that. It should have only prevented the 2-man GAS niche counter to SLKR. The Fives cheese fix was okay, but again, the overcorrection is still there.

    Additionally, Rey needs to be made viable with all Resistance characters. So: revert the SLKR overcorrection while not undoing the niche and Fives fixes, and make Rey viable with Resistance. The latter probably means buffing Resistance toons and not Rey herself.

    The GL were made to be used with all characters of their side of the Force, but I can see how making other Resistance characters better could be useful and potentially solve this issue.
  • Nihion wrote: »

    I am really not sure why you quoted me, because you definitely didn’t respond to me.


    I was responding to the idea of "they'll never be perfectly balanced" with the point that they don't need to be, but currently they are so insanely far apart as to be useless to bring up.
  • Rey isn't that bad. Its hard to beat rey/jkl/gas/gk/hermit with any team
  • Mirkraag
    405 posts Member
    edited July 21
    Rey isn't that bad. Its hard to beat rey/jkl/gas/gk/hermit with any team

    Again thanks for this out of subject answer. Please read what the problem is : do you really cut your jedi, 501st and padme teams to make Rey viable while Slkr just needs FO ? Lol

    They need to buff the resistance toons.

    And the jedi team is litterally destroyed by Vader now.
    Post edited by Mirkraag on
  • Rey isn't that bad. Its hard to beat rey/jkl/gas/gk/hermit with any team

    I literally solo them by my (finally!) own SLKR - takes just FO squad to get 100% Ultimate charge
  • Devian
    253 posts Member
    edited July 21
    Rey isn't that bad. Its hard to beat rey/jkl/gas/gk/hermit with any team
    lost 2 times in a row against enemy kylo =D
    Have better mods, have ult, still Kylo managed to wipe whole team
    :shrug:
    yeah, not that bad (sarcasm)
    At least Kylo is bad at pve, oh wait...
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    What happens if a new buff makes Rey better than Kylo?

    Exactly, Rey owners would then go silent while Kylo owners complain. Rey and Kylo owners would switch places essentially.

    That's why everyone should shut up and stop complaining about one character being better than another. There is always going to be a better character if 2 characters are competing for the top spot.

    And that character was Rey before Kylo’s buffs...
    And who says she has to be better necessarily? Every meta will change.

    This is a character requirement issue. I think it’s pretty clear most just want resistance to be viable against kylo. That’s all

    I am fine if they buff Rey to make Rey and Kylo "equal" but they shouldn't make Rey immensely better than Kylo.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    What happens if a new buff makes Rey better than Kylo?

    She actually WAS better PvP toon before Kylo was buffed, so it gonna bring initial balance back. Kylo owners gonna have 2nd best PvP toon (still better with full FO than Rey + full Resistance btw) able to beat everyone and solo HSTR, Rey owners (the ones who got her before Kylo was buffed) gonna have #1 PvP squad - much more solid defensively than Kylo and able to easily beat Kylo on offense. That was initial balance and it should be brought back to arenas. P.S. Resistance always were garbage but they worked with Rey vs Kylo before he was buffed, not perfectly but possible most of the times
  • DemonR
    54 posts Member
    Stonefist wrote: »
    I have to say.... I was only the 3rd person in my guild and in the top 10 of the people in my shard who unlocked Rey. I unlocked her 3 days before the Kylo buff. She wasn't even g13 yet.
    There was almost no way anyone could have gotten her in time to actually get any benefit from her before she was made what now a C squad!?
    The meta shifts. I get it 100%. But that was so fast it was almost criminal 😂

    How on earth is Rey a C squad?

    Shes second best r oon in the game.
  • TVF
    25015 posts Member
    It's hard to get angry if you don't use hyperbole.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3002 posts Member
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    What happens if a new buff makes Rey better than Kylo?

    She actually WAS better PvP toon before Kylo was buffed, so it gonna bring initial balance back. Kylo owners gonna have 2nd best PvP toon (still better with full FO than Rey + full Resistance btw) able to beat everyone and solo HSTR, Rey owners (the ones who got her before Kylo was buffed) gonna have #1 PvP squad - much more solid defensively than Kylo and able to easily beat Kylo on offense. That was initial balance and it should be brought back to arenas. P.S. Resistance always were garbage but they worked with Rey vs Kylo before he was buffed, not perfectly but possible most of the times

    The Kylo owners complained at the beginning. So Kylo became better. Now the Rey owners are complaining. Then they’ll make Rey better, and the Kylo owners will complain again; see, it’s hard to see the balance when you’re losing to the other side. People will always complain, and they did when there was, as you claimed, balance.

    Also, I’m gonna take another guess and say that you own Rey.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    What happens if a new buff makes Rey better than Kylo?

    She actually WAS better PvP toon before Kylo was buffed, so it gonna bring initial balance back. Kylo owners gonna have 2nd best PvP toon (still better with full FO than Rey + full Resistance btw) able to beat everyone and solo HSTR, Rey owners (the ones who got her before Kylo was buffed) gonna have #1 PvP squad - much more solid defensively than Kylo and able to easily beat Kylo on offense. That was initial balance and it should be brought back to arenas. P.S. Resistance always were garbage but they worked with Rey vs Kylo before he was buffed, not perfectly but possible most of the times

    The Kylo owners complained at the beginning. So Kylo became better. Now the Rey owners are complaining. Then they’ll make Rey better, and the Kylo owners will complain again; see, it’s hard to see the balance when you’re losing to the other side. People will always complain, and they did when there was, as you claimed, balance.

    Also, I’m gonna take another guess and say that you own Rey.

    What CG should do is add a small buff to Rey and then stop there. One buff each. Then after that hopefully everyone will stop complaining about Rey or Kylo being better than the other. One of them will always be better.
  • TVF
    25015 posts Member
    Kylo didn't get buffed because people complained lol, people complain all the time about everything. He got buffed because of unintended interactions.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    12694 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Kylo didn't get buffed because people complained lol, people complain all the time about everything. He got buffed because of unintended interactions.

    Link to that explanation for the June 3rd update?

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/230336/content-update-06-03-2020#latest
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nihion
    3002 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Kylo didn't get buffed because people complained lol, people complain all the time about everything. He got buffed because of unintended interactions.

    But people did complain, and he did get buffed. Buffs always happen because of unintended interactions, but it’s how they deal with those unintended interactions that really affects the game. Take Finn, and his leader ability, or paper zombie. Those characters are now treated very differently. They were buffed/debuffed because of unintended interactions; but it’s a buff/debuff nonetheless.
  • TVF
    25015 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Kylo didn't get buffed because people complained lol, people complain all the time about everything. He got buffed because of unintended interactions.

    Link to that explanation for the June 3rd update?

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/230336/content-update-06-03-2020#latest

    Fair enough but I'm gonna still question why these things happen. It's certainly not because of forum complaints. It could be because of high spender complaints, or maybe because they looked at meta numbers or win/loss ratios.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    25015 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Kylo didn't get buffed because people complained lol, people complain all the time about everything. He got buffed because of unintended interactions.

    But people did complain, and he did get buffed.

    Doesn't mean they're related.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3002 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Kylo didn't get buffed because people complained lol, people complain all the time about everything. He got buffed because of unintended interactions.

    But people did complain, and he did get buffed.

    Doesn't mean they're related.

    No, they probably aren’t. Kylo was considered weaker, then a buff happened, and now he’s considered stronger. The Kylo complaints died off, and the Rey ones began. It doesn’t matter why they buffed Kylo.
  • Starslayer
    230 posts Member
    edited July 21
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Kylo didn't get buffed because people complained lol, people complain all the time about everything. He got buffed because of unintended interactions.

    Link to that explanation for the June 3rd update?

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/230336/content-update-06-03-2020#latest

    May 7th they wrote about a problem with a gas team undersizing sklr (giving paper zombie as example of the problem) and a month later kylo's kit was changed. Seems they had an agenda with this "buff". But maybe they also wanted to buff him and hit 2 wompas with one blaster shot.
Sign In or Register to comment.