When do we have GL Rey buffed too?

Replies

  • To me, the real disparity between the two results from the massive benefits of Advantage, which is basically always granted vs the lackluster benefits of Inspired. My next gripe would be that the benefits of Siphon, even coupled with the reduced HP/Prot from TM gain, vastly outweigh the benefits of Rey's mastery stacking.
  • For what its worth, some obscure youtuber has a method for autoing slkr in roughly a minute using Rey under Gas. May be mod dependent,but it does work.

    Not to say I don't still think Rey needs some sort of update so she doesn't have to break up 3 teams for GA/TW in order to beat Kylo....
  • TVF
    25015 posts Member
    For what its worth, some obscure youtuber has a method for autoing slkr in roughly a minute using Rey under Gas. May be mod dependent,but it does work.

    Not to say I don't still think Rey needs some sort of update so she doesn't have to break up 3 teams for GA/TW in order to beat Kylo....

    Not sure if it's the same team but GAS lead Rey Chewie Fives +1 works great, especially with guard on GAS. No stun, no crit, slow ult charge.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    71 posts Member
    edited July 22
    TVF wrote: »
    For what its worth, some obscure youtuber has a method for autoing slkr in roughly a minute using Rey under Gas. May be mod dependent,but it does work.

    Not to say I don't still think Rey needs some sort of update so she doesn't have to break up 3 teams for GA/TW in order to beat Kylo....

    Not sure if it's the same team but GAS lead Rey Chewie Fives +1 works great, especially with guard on GAS. No stun, no crit, slow ult charge.

    This is what I've been using to climb, except I've been getting Guard on Fives. Pretty effortless.

    For GAC/TW, my most reliable counter that doesn't borrow too much from other teams is GLR, L3, Wat, Han, Chewie.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2004 posts Member
    edited July 22
    TVF wrote: »
    For what its worth, some obscure youtuber has a method for autoing slkr in roughly a minute using Rey under Gas. May be mod dependent,but it does work.

    Not to say I don't still think Rey needs some sort of update so she doesn't have to break up 3 teams for GA/TW in order to beat Kylo....

    Not sure if it's the same team but GAS lead Rey Chewie Fives +1 works great, especially with guard on GAS. No stun, no crit, slow ult charge.

    Yeah that's the team with the +1 being Han. Guard on Gas is the way to go. It's literally click auto and win in ~60s.

    Tried the team with guard on 5's but that one can choke on Malak/Thrawn setups and isn't an auto button team.
  • TVF
    25015 posts Member
    My +1 is Luke ;)
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    12694 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The buff on June 3rd had no explanation and were these two things that make a significant difference:

    Updated Supreme Leader Kylo Ren's leader ability, Supreme Leader, with the following:
    -Added "All Dark Side allies gain +30 Speed" to all tiers
    -Added "Dark Side allies can't be critically hit while they have Advantage" to the final tier

    It was pretty clearly to prevent the "kill a full Kylo team with GAS + one other 501st" cheese. GAS's cooldown increase on crit prevented Kylo using anything but his basic, so he couldn't charge up his ult and he couldn't kill GAS with just non-critting basics.

    I'm not sure why the speed was added specifically, but given that Rey has it and leaderships that don't grant speed or turn meter are often difficult to make useful, that probably should've just been there to begin with anyway.

    You are correct
    My bad - I thought one of the ai fixes was to prevent that. With over a month between the announcement and the change I missed the connection.

    That said, it's another example of CG using a hand grenade to fix an issue when a scalpel would have sufficed. It's also odd that they never tested him against the then-current meta (even a slightly cheesy version). But again, par for the course as far as CG is concerned.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Larx wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    As soon as I saw rose as a requirement for gl Rey I knew she wasnt worth it, after I found out you didnt even have to use her in the event I knew I made the right choice. If they released jar jar binks he would be relic7 before rose ever goes above gear 5. Only reason I have her 7* is for platoons lol.

    Guessing you aren't going for Jedi Luke either because ROLO / Lando aren't that useful enough to push to g13 either

    more use than rose

    I won't argue that she's a D- character (to the point that when someone tells you he uses RT, you think Resistance Trooper because it's more likely), but she deserves respect.
    I use Rose in my full GL Res team (Rey+Rose+Holdo+RH Finn+Finn) to take on full GL FO teams. It doesn't hold on defense like at all, it's not more efficient that a GAS+Rey team, but it's reliable (for me anyway) and makes the day-to-day climbing to the top way more fun, and Grand Arena against Kylo easier to manage as I don't have to tear teams apart, even though it's minimal wage banner-wise.
    She can do stuff sometimes, like trying to save what she loves with a Defense up. Kinda useful sometimes. Kinda. Sometimes. (sigh)

  • Nikoms565
    12694 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Larx wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    As soon as I saw rose as a requirement for gl Rey I knew she wasnt worth it, after I found out you didnt even have to use her in the event I knew I made the right choice. If they released jar jar binks he would be relic7 before rose ever goes above gear 5. Only reason I have her 7* is for platoons lol.

    Guessing you aren't going for Jedi Luke either because ROLO / Lando aren't that useful enough to push to g13 either

    more use than rose

    I won't argue that she's a D- character (to the point that when someone tells you he uses RT, you think Resistance Trooper because it's more likely), but she deserves respect.
    I use Rose in my full GL Res team (Rey+Rose+Holdo+RH Finn+Finn) to take on full GL FO teams. It doesn't hold on defense like at all, it's not more efficient that a GAS+Rey team, but it's reliable (for me anyway) and makes the day-to-day climbing to the top way more fun, and Grand Arena against Kylo easier to manage as I don't have to tear teams apart, even though it's minimal wage banner-wise.
    She can do stuff sometimes, like trying to save what she loves with a Defense up. Kinda useful sometimes. Kinda. Sometimes. (sigh)

    Nice. Bulldog just posted the video in another thread. Well done. Nice theorycrafting.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The game has a huge problem with GL Rey, the character is not Legend level. He is not very playable. In battles with GL Rey, there are often bugs. Instead of enhancing GL Rey and fixing bugs, you are making a second new character. Don't you care about the players at all?)
  • CCyrilS
    4902 posts Member
    Who's doing nonsense now?
  • Gifafi
    4899 posts Member
    she's really good and you are incorrect
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    she's really good and you are incorrect

    Said the player who has never played her.

    I think there is practically no player who has made a GLRey for himself and does not regret it.

    GLRey is just a mockery of the players by EA&CG.
  • Larx
    165 posts Member
    interesting. the date is july 23, but the content of this post is way older.
  • CCyrilS
    4902 posts Member
    Larx wrote: »
    interesting. the date is july 23, but the content of this post is way older.

    Back when Rey was a man
  • Gifafi
    4899 posts Member
    Mirlighter wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    she's really good and you are incorrect

    Said the player who has never played her.

    I think there is practically no player who has made a GLRey for himself and does not regret it.

    GLRey is just a mockery of the players by EA&CG.

    I play against her every day and she's way harder to beat than slkr
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Mirlighter wrote: »
    The game has a huge problem with GL Rey, the character is not Legend level. He is not very playable. In battles with GL Rey, there are often bugs. Instead of enhancing GL Rey and fixing bugs, you are making a second new character. Don't you care about the players at all?)

    I didn't know Rey was a "He" I mean I didn't watch episode 8 till the end of it, did I miss that part where she became a he
  • Mirlighter wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    she's really good and you are incorrect

    Said the player who has never played her.

    I think there is practically no player who has made a GLRey for himself and does not regret it.

    GLRey is just a mockery of the players by EA&CG.

    I’ve got Rey and don’t regret it.
  • I got Rey and I think I like her more because she is a woman 🤣 when did she turn into Ray? I agree that her character is not legend level though. None on the characters from the sequel trilogy are legend material
  • Mirkraag
    405 posts Member
    edited July 23
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Mirlighter wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    she's really good and you are incorrect

    Said the player who has never played her.

    I think there is practically no player who has made a GLRey for himself and does not regret it.

    GLRey is just a mockery of the players by EA&CG.

    I play against her every day and she's way harder to beat than slkr

    So you don't know her and how she is difficult to play compared to god kylo. Please take a seat and listen to actual Rey owner instead of preaching your ignorance on this subject.

    And the fact that you are struggling against her with slkr means that you are clearly doing something wrong, I encourage you to look at some videos. Rey is utterly destroyed by SLKR. Not really auto but close. You can't say the same for the opposite. Maybe if you have the last OP toon that JKL you can have a chance but otherwise it is really a pain to face this unbalance everyday

    Almost every Rey users says there is a problem in her efficiency as a Galactic Legends. Every Kylo users say it's fiiiiiine xD
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Mirlighter wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    she's really good and you are incorrect

    Said the player who has never played her.

    I think there is practically no player who has made a GLRey for himself and does not regret it.

    GLRey is just a mockery of the players by EA&CG.

    I play against her every day and she's way harder to beat than slkr

    So you don't know her and how she is difficult to play compared to god kylo. Please take a seat and listen to actual Rey owner instead of preaching your ignorance on this subject.

    And the fact that you are struggling against her with slkr means that you are clearly doing something wrong, I encourage you to look at some videos. Rey is utterly destroyed by SLKR. Not really auto but close. You can't say the same for the opposite. Maybe if you have the last OP toon that JKL you can have a chance but otherwise it is really a pain to face this unbalance everyday

    Almost every Rey users says there is a problem in her efficiency as a Galactic Legends. Every Kylo users say it's fiiiiiine xD

    If your only way of responding is with mocking condescension and bordering the limits of Ad Hominems then you might as well say nothing, stooping low enough to say "You just don't know what you're talking about, I am right and I know it, and if you disagree you're not all that smart" proves that you're just in the wrong because you're not looking to make a valid point, you're just looking for an argument to win.

    Rey can indeed beat a SLKR if she's on defense provided RnG plays it nicely or she has something else in her comp that severely messes up consistencies, like Malak or Wat. Wins against Rey are never guaranteed. The Ignorant assumptions that there is way to win against Rey 100% of the time, all the time, proves you are the one who has no idea about Rey.

    Refrain from responding if you're just gonna be a **** about it without even offering one decent enough point to address.
  • Larx
    165 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Larx wrote: »
    interesting. the date is july 23, but the content of this post is way older.

    Back when Rey was a man

    i think you downloaded the wrong movie
  • Mirkraag
    405 posts Member
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Mirlighter wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    she's really good and you are incorrect

    Said the player who has never played her.

    I think there is practically no player who has made a GLRey for himself and does not regret it.

    GLRey is just a mockery of the players by EA&CG.

    I play against her every day and she's way harder to beat than slkr

    So you don't know her and how she is difficult to play compared to god kylo. Please take a seat and listen to actual Rey owner instead of preaching your ignorance on this subject.

    And the fact that you are struggling against her with slkr means that you are clearly doing something wrong, I encourage you to look at some videos. Rey is utterly destroyed by SLKR. Not really auto but close. You can't say the same for the opposite. Maybe if you have the last OP toon that JKL you can have a chance but otherwise it is really a pain to face this unbalance everyday

    Almost every Rey users says there is a problem in her efficiency as a Galactic Legends. Every Kylo users say it's fiiiiiine xD

    If your only way of responding is with mocking condescension and bordering the limits of Ad Hominems then you might as well say nothing, stooping low enough to say "You just don't know what you're talking about, I am right and I know it, and if you disagree you're not all that smart" proves that you're just in the wrong because you're not looking to make a valid point, you're just looking for an argument to win.

    Rey can indeed beat a SLKR if she's on defense provided RnG plays it nicely or she has something else in her comp that severely messes up consistencies, like Malak or Wat. Wins against Rey are never guaranteed. The Ignorant assumptions that there is way to win against Rey 100% of the time, all the time, proves you are the one who has no idea about Rey.

    Refrain from responding if you're just gonna be a **** about it without even offering one decent enough point to address.

    It is always funny how people saying that Rey is not that good are always attacked by those rethorical answers.
    So the guy I answered with "moking condescension" can say : "it's fine and you are incorrect" But I can't reply that he is the one that is in the wrong because he doesn't own the toon is making speculation on ?

    Nice try, but simply just... no. Keep your partial condescendant judgement for yourself would you or do it for everyone and start with the one I was answering.
  • Gamorrean
    2639 posts Member
    Mirlighter wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    she's really good and you are incorrect

    Said the player who has never played her.

    I think there is practically no player who has made a GLRey for himself and does not regret it.

    GLRey is just a mockery of the players by EA&CG.

    I’ve got Rey and don’t regret it.

    Since you have both unlocked that is pretty obvious
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Mirlighter wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    she's really good and you are incorrect

    Said the player who has never played her.

    I think there is practically no player who has made a GLRey for himself and does not regret it.

    GLRey is just a mockery of the players by EA&CG.

    I’ve got Rey and don’t regret it.

    Since you have both unlocked that is pretty obvious
    Actually still ticket farming for Kylo.
  • CCyrilS
    4902 posts Member
    Larx wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Larx wrote: »
    interesting. the date is july 23, but the content of this post is way older.

    Back when Rey was a man

    i think you downloaded the wrong movie

    I think you didn't read op
  • People didn't follow Rey to be worse than Kylo in all aspects. It either requires removal from the game, or rethinking. Including resistance teams. Rey has nothing but a whirlwind, the whole mechanic is a sword throw.
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Mirlighter wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    she's really good and you are incorrect

    Said the player who has never played her.

    I think there is practically no player who has made a GLRey for himself and does not regret it.

    GLRey is just a mockery of the players by EA&CG.

    I play against her every day and she's way harder to beat than slkr

    So you don't know her and how she is difficult to play compared to god kylo. Please take a seat and listen to actual Rey owner instead of preaching your ignorance on this subject.

    And the fact that you are struggling against her with slkr means that you are clearly doing something wrong, I encourage you to look at some videos. Rey is utterly destroyed by SLKR. Not really auto but close. You can't say the same for the opposite. Maybe if you have the last OP toon that JKL you can have a chance but otherwise it is really a pain to face this unbalance everyday

    Almost every Rey users says there is a problem in her efficiency as a Galactic Legends. Every Kylo users say it's fiiiiiine xD

    If your only way of responding is with mocking condescension and bordering the limits of Ad Hominems then you might as well say nothing, stooping low enough to say "You just don't know what you're talking about, I am right and I know it, and if you disagree you're not all that smart" proves that you're just in the wrong because you're not looking to make a valid point, you're just looking for an argument to win.

    Rey can indeed beat a SLKR if she's on defense provided RnG plays it nicely or she has something else in her comp that severely messes up consistencies, like Malak or Wat. Wins against Rey are never guaranteed. The Ignorant assumptions that there is way to win against Rey 100% of the time, all the time, proves you are the one who has no idea about Rey.

    Refrain from responding if you're just gonna be a **** about it without even offering one decent enough point to address.

    It is always funny how people saying that Rey is not that good are always attacked by those rethorical answers.
    So the guy I answered with "moking condescension" can say : "it's fine and you are incorrect" But I can't reply that he is the one that is in the wrong because he doesn't own the toon is making speculation on ?

    Nice try, but simply just... no. Keep your partial condescendant judgement for yourself would you or do it for everyone and start with the one I was answering.
    Your argument is becoming more and more petulant. You dismiss the views of people who don’t own Rey and ignore the views of people who do own Rey that disagree with you.

    I am a Rey owner and have zero problem beating SLKR in arena. I’m beating him 4-5 times a day on my climb and I’ve had one loss in the last 7 days, which was entirely down to my fat finger giving the taunt tech to JKR instead of GK.

    Maybe you’re the one doing something wrong?
Sign In or Register to comment.