We need LIVE pvp now

Prev13
Sell
posts Member
Relly CG, we need live pvp, all games i played the last 3 months have live pvp (summoners war, disney sorcerers arena, marvel strike force, saint seiya awakening, etc)
Please, listen us.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    No thank you.
  • Options
    I'd love it; won't happen
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    live pvp in msf is awful and no one plays it. hard pass.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

It's funny - I have no interest in a live PVP either, I'd never want to play it.

But the most entertaining part of this game for the past year or two, for me, has been the content creators and watching them play this game. It's actually more enjoyable, again to me, than actually playing it myself.

It's sort of like watching Golf. What a horrible experience, yet I will happily sit around and watch my favorite pro golfers all day long.

And the truth is - the entertainment business of this game needs new modes to keep going, because GAC has started to get stale and sad.
  • Options
    It means more strategy and not having it just be rng, which everyone hates. It also makes the battles less stale
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    I mean, it’s always annoying for a turn based game. Opponent could stall and what not. It’d be fun yeah. But we don’t need it.
  • Reptile
    114 posts Member
    Options
    I would rather have more TB type content than meaningless live PvP.
  • Options
    Personally I'd love it myself but I don't see it happening.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Nah, it wouldn’t be fun.
    Disconnection, opponents who do long turns... and for what? The same we already have?
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    The same we already have?

I sure hope you don't play like the AI does hahahaha
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    Options
    If it will be only just for fun without rewards - ok - why not. But this will bring no benefit for CG - so why should they implement it.
    If it will be against friends or guildies - OK - then you can communicate. But other - no.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I would rather like the idea to battle a player’s arena AI team whenever I want, so we can practice for squad arena counters
  • Hortus
    623 posts Member
    Options
    It will probably require too much developers effort (total rework of network code as a least) for too little gain.
  • Options
    Yea, adding live multiplayer in any game is a lot of work if it isn't considered from the get go. Plently of games have practically had to rebuild the entire game to get it running in multiplayer.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

But live pvp in Summoners War is pretty good.

The thing is, I would rather have new content than live pvp though.
  • Tezza23
    88 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Why do we need it? Everyone has the same meta and so we will see the same tactics , battles will be dragged out to 4.30 mins . If it was guild co-op against a raid boss that would be unique and fun but pvp I can’t see being any different to arena.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Options
    I would rather have a new raid. I suppose to each his own.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    I mean, it’s always annoying for a turn based game. Opponent could stall and what not. It’d be fun yeah. But we don’t need it.

That is not really an issue. There are plenty turn-based live pvp games out there. Even games where you do live pvp as a Tag team (2 vs 2). Very entertaining.

You don’t need to worry about opponents stalling. There is a countdown timer you know. If your opponent does not complete the move within the time limit (e.g 10 sec), the system put it on auto. It‘s a bit like chess :)
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Options
    while a non-competitive live pvp would be an interesting option, i do not think it is worth the investment, and competitive live pvp is slow and boring and would lead to the same mirror matches we currently play, but taking 10minutes instead of 5.

What should happen is what the disney game just added; the ability to battle friend/guild arena teams against the AI. Seems like a simple way to bridge the gap between current state and an elaborate sandbox mode.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    My arena team holds well. I don't need people getting more practice in beating it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options

I don’t, but why not just ask to improve AI?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I think PvP is in a good place now, what we need is better PvE. Hopefully the galactic challenges deliver.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Antario wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »

That is not really an issue. There are plenty turn-based live pvp games out there. Even games where you do live pvp as a Tag team (2 vs 2). Very entertaining.

You don’t need to worry about opponents stalling. There is a countdown timer you know. If your opponent does not complete the move within the time limit (e.g 10 sec), the system put it on auto. It‘s a bit like chess :)

I guess so, sure. But we still don’t need it. We do need a good new PvE mode.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Live pvp takes way toooooooo llllooooooonnnnnnngggggg
  • Options

I don’t, but why not just ask to improve AI?

Oh believe me I have. The majority of the players I've found hate the idea.