We need LIVE pvp now

13Next

Replies

• Katsapliakos
    336 posts Member
    edited July 2020

I am sry to say but gac is boring allready and you folks dont get why live pvp is better than gac,why bother playing a game of this magnitude if you dont get to interact with other players in real time,its what makes live pvp fun.

If live PVP is fun, why play a well-established game that does not have live PVP, instead of playing a game with live PVP? Not everyone likes PVP modes; this game already has 4 (arena, fleet arena, TW, GAC). Those who don't like PVP are unlikely to be happy with a 5th.

You assume this is my main game,it isnt,i do play other games as well lol.Yeah i agree,i am not a pvp person myself much as well,but i dont get all the white knights here who are saying they dont need anything NEW in the game lol.This is a big facepalm,all games evolve and need to evolve,the mobile Market is dynamic,maybe you dont follow much about news,but many keep shutting down couse they are just generic games and have nothing new to add.

This is why this game is still alive couse it has one of the best ips and you guys still fail to realize it doesnt do that well,you can go check the grossing list in store and see for yourselves.

I'll repeat myself,i am still amazed at ppl that dont want new things added to the game just becouse it wont be long term played or we dont need it,couse i dont like to pvp,or what other excuses you tell yourselves.

oh Edit:sry didnt rly reply to you,i play the game mostly couse i am in a great alliance guild and discord can be fun at times,there is nothing else that rly keeping me in game btw.

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    You assume that live PvP is the only new thing they can to the game. It is not.

I think the difference between live PvP and most “new content” is that live PvP would be more of a “rebuild” than an “evolution.” When CG adds something to this game, they always add it with the same basic premise: you and the ai take turns in order to defeat each other. The only way to add live PvP without changing their premise is to have timed PvP battles where you take turns, which is just squad arena. But it’d be very limiting to just face your shard, so it would likely be:
    You hit the button and wait for a match. The system matches you to a team with similar GP (It likely won’t be balanced at all) and you take turns within your time limit. The rewards would probably have to be a system of win streaks, similar to Pokemon Go.

Or they could completely change their premise, somehow try and make matches perfect, or change squad arena; my point is that we don’t need this, and I doubt it will be worth the resources CG puts in. I want new things. I want the game to add new modes. But we don’t need this specifically.
  • Si0n
    117 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    As have CG so elegantly put it: “NO! TOO EXPENSIVE!” 🤣

• I am sry to say but gac is boring allready and you folks dont get why live pvp is better than gac,why bother playing a game of this magnitude if you dont get to interact with other players in real time,its what makes live pvp fun.

If live PVP is fun, why play a well-established game that does not have live PVP, instead of playing a game with live PVP? Not everyone likes PVP modes; this game already has 4 (arena, fleet arena, TW, GAC). Those who don't like PVP are unlikely to be happy with a 5th.

This game has 4 PvAI modes and 0 PvP modes.
  • Starl0rd
    97 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Pretty funny that people either don't want it for selfish reasons like not dropping in arena, or claim that nobody wants it because they've apparently talked to the whole community? Everyone in my guild wants it, and the consensus in my alliance is the same. Live PVP I'm actually less of a fan, but we should definitely get some type of sandbox mode to test characters and compositions. This game is resource heavy and the investment (whether time or $) is very steep. Several people I know spent over $1,200 to get JKL or were hoarding like crazy for months and skipping GLs or GAS to save up for whatever the next meta or major character would be. Imagine if you could test him out against team comps to decide whether or not you want to spend your resources or money on him to decide if it's worth it. What's the harm in that? That's like buying a used car before you even look at it or drive it. If some people want to do that, great you do you. But not everbody does

Who said nobody wants it? The OP is the one acting like he speaks for everybody.

As for the testing notion, there is no reason to expect that even if a sandbox mode were to be implemented, it would allow you to test characters you don't even own.

I didn't say I expected it, theres a 0% chance that would ever happen. But I don't know why people would complain and say not to add something that is clearly going to be beneficial to some people other than the people who don't want to arena drop. If you're not going to use it then don't, but don't say the game doesn't need it when there are plenty of people who would use it. Denying something like this for the game that would not only help some people but would give some people something to do is a good thing. Saying the game doesn't need it is myopic and selfish. Too many people in this game think inward and only of themselves, bunch of sith running around

...the game doesn't NEED it. how many more ways do you want to battle the meta? I could get behind a sand box mode if it's done right...but live pvp? no, I can't. And I don't care if you agree or disagree...

There is no consensus for live pvp, regardless of your claims that those that are against it are selfish and bad, and for it are good and wholesome.
  • Starl0rd
    97 posts Member
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    Dragon Champions just introduced a super fun PvP mode called Battlegrounds where you 2 players (soon to be 3v3 also) fight and set defenses in real time to take and hold 8 territories. When you squad is defeated on defense, you can use them again to attack, then set a new defense if you win the fight. It's fun!! So good.

cool story, sounds like a different game that offers a different dynamic.

• Starl0rd
    97 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »
    I mean, it’s always annoying for a turn based game. Opponent could stall and what not. It’d be fun yeah. But we don’t need it.

That is not really an issue. There are plenty turn-based live pvp games out there. Even games where you do live pvp as a Tag team (2 vs 2). Very entertaining.

You don’t need to worry about opponents stalling. There is a countdown timer you know. If your opponent does not complete the move within the time limit (e.g 10 sec), the system put it on auto. It‘s a bit like chess :)

I guess so, sure. But we still don’t need it. We do need a good new PvE mode.

It's not about whether we need it or not. If there is a opportunity to attract more players on the market to this game, be sure CG will give a serious thought about it.

PvE content takes time to build but the fun-curve stagnates quite fast. People get bored once it has been mastered (e.g. Raids). While PvP content also takes time to build, but the fun can last much longer (e.g. GAC). It provides much better return of investment for CG scarce development resources.

Right, but we STILL don’t need it. Who knows if live PvP will attract more players? We don’t have the numbers.

You’re right that we need PvE that easily keep satisfying us, and I’m hoping that this new game mode will do that. I think we have a mode like it already for PvP: GAC.

I am sry to say but gac is boring allready and you folks dont get why live pvp is better than gac,why bother playing a game of this magnitude if you dont get to interact with other players in real time,its what makes live pvp fun.

...and it seems YOU don't get it. There are games that offer live pvp if that's your thing. SWGOH wasn't created that way. But feel free to go enjoy the games that offer the features you want... you are aware that you can play more than 1 mobile game at a time, right?

• You assume this is my main game,it isnt,i do play other games as well lol.Yeah i agree,i am not a pvp person myself much as well,but i dont get all the white knights here who are saying they dont need anything NEW in the game lol.This is a big facepalm,all games evolve and need to evolve,the mobile Market is dynamic,maybe you dont follow much about news,but many keep shutting down couse they are just generic games and have nothing new to add.

This is why this game is still alive couse it has one of the best ips and you guys still fail to realize it doesnt do that well,you can go check the grossing list in store and see for yourselves.

I'll repeat myself,i am still amazed at ppl that dont want new things added to the game just becouse it wont be long term played or we dont need it,couse i dont like to pvp,or what other excuses you tell yourselves.

oh Edit:sry didnt rly reply to you,i play the game mostly couse i am in a great alliance guild and discord can be fun at times,there is nothing else that rly keeping me in game btw.

I'm not "white knighting" the game, claiming that it doesn't need anything. It does. But I don't think it needs live PvP. What I want (which I'm hopeful the RA is going to deliver) is new content I can play by myself, as opposed to guild-based content. I already have PvP that I can play on my own--both arenas and GAC (yes, while GAC still requires the involvement of your opponents, it's not tied to coordinating the efforts of 40-50 people in a guild). I want PvE content, not live PvP.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Live PVP would be great if it was added correctly and first done via guild and allies. See how that goes to then maybe have a monthly event.

Area and Fleet stay the same. But if it was done in a way that you can match make on a separate game mode I think it could be a hit. Have it's own tier of rewards based on wins etc. It could be great fun as long as there wasnt a requirement to play it.