7/9 Client update?

Prev1
feelycr
35 posts Member
Did anyone else get a client update?

Guess CG doesn't even bother communicating updates anymore...

Replies

• Options
    My app store also shwoing it.
    Might be that they were anouncing later today, and that some app stores are allready showing it online.
    Usually they announce prior and say it may take up to 24h to become available.
    My tought is someone messed up and made it available to soon or something.
    Been a while since the last client update I think.
  • Techno
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Seen the update on Play Market, however they won't even bother to provide any changelog there :smile:
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Someone datamined that we got update of UNITY game engine with this one. From 2017.4.17 to 2018.4.19
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    ShawDou wrote: »
    Someone datamined that we got update of UNITY game engine with this one. From 2017.4.17 to 2018.4.19

They finally updated the Unity engine, and it's still over 2 years old?!

And they didn't bother to tell us about it.

There's minimal effort and then there's CG.
  • Options
    and the new engine hard cap FPS at 30 on Bluestacks4. nice...
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »

You have clearly no idea how upgrading engine works. And to be fair 2018.4.19 was released at 13 Mar, 2020 ;)

There is 2019 of unity version, but going from 2017 to 2019 might be too much changes to handle.
  • Options
    I thought the update was to ban China.
    Which makes sense they didnt communicate.
    They are not going to say « update bans China »
  • Mullas
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »

66g5zn9yp2av.jpg
  • Joebo720
    648 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Odd that it says it has QOL updates without siting any. Who's QOL are they referring to?
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    Options
    Today’s update makes yesterday’s assault battle more difficult
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Joebo720
    648 posts Member
    Options
    Today’s update makes yesterday’s assault battle more difficult

Sure it wasn't "Omega Battles can be simmed .5 sec faster"?

• Options
    They also shaded the health/protection bars and added a few particle effects for when some debuffs are applied. All of which is pointless. Especially the health bar update, it just looks sloppy
  • Options
    So much shade! Complain when don’t get updates, complain when get updates... I’ll take any improvements I can get.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    HsojSamoht wrote: »
    So much shade!

We like to call it salt here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    HsojSamoht wrote: »
    So much shade! Complain when don’t get updates, complain when get updates... I’ll take any improvements I can get.

How do you know it was an improvement if they won't tell us what they did?
  • Options
    We are due for something, I think. I hope. At least some news about the new game mode they teased?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Just an FYI, they have stated in the past that they do player facing updates and non player facing updates on alternating weeks.

We very rarely get a post about non player facing updates, and the ones we get usually just say "nothing player facing" unless there is something that does have an effect on a game mode or such.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Just an FYI, they have stated in the past that they do player facing updates and non player facing updates on alternating weeks.

We very rarely get a post about non player facing updates, and the ones we get usually just say "nothing player facing" unless there is something that does have an effect on a game mode or such.

For client updates, which this seems to be, usually the update shows in the store for the US a day or two before they force push the client update. It often shows before they say anything. Since this is a client update, even if it doesn't have player facing updates, I expect that there will be a post about it.
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options

I had to manually download from the store and then it downloaded a few hundred MB of stuff. Feels pretty "player facing" to me.
  • XaVii
    69 posts Member
    Options

Didnt happened to me
  • Sufferus
    12 posts Member
    Options

Well, would be something at least to get to know that there is an Update. Dont you think so too? If I hadnt a guild mate talking about it I wouldnt have check the Playstore for the next 3 month.
  • Options
    XaVii wrote: »

Didnt happened to me

Lucky you. I changed every single setting in Bluestacks already (64-bit version 4.210) and nothing works. My PC has a Ryzen 9 3900X and I dedicated 4 Cores + 8GB Ram to Bluestacks.
  • feelycr
    35 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I think the communication gaps are so massive at this point...real feedback, they would do well to ridiculously OVER SHARE everything with us at this point if they had any interest in repairing this relationship with their community.

For the record, I'm a fairly massive whale who is still on a spending freeze since the cheating scandal and will remain so until things improve.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Is it really "very rarely"? I remember seeing announcements saying "nothing player facing" quite regularly, did they stop doing them?
  • Options
    There have been other little tweaks to the UI. Most of the nodes that added secondary/new character shards have reverted to displaying the original shard:
    - Light Side node 6-B used to show RHPoe, now showing Jawa.
    - Light Side node 8-C used to show RHFinn, now shows Snowtrooper.
    - Dark Side node 6-A used to show Hux, now showing Hoth Rebel Scout.
    - Dark Side node 6-C used to show Sith Trooper, now shows Tusken Raider.

I also noticed that the gear used to craft certain gear pieces have moved around in the recipe screens. This one is hard to explain, but in the photo below the item without the green cross (Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens Component) used to display on the far left of this screen. Now it’s on the far right.
    t2z4oengwp8x.png
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    There have been other little tweaks to the UI. Most of the nodes that added secondary/new character shards have reverted to displaying the original shard:
    - Light Side node 6-B used to show RHPoe, now showing Jawa.
    - Light Side node 8-C used to show RHFinn, now shows Snowtrooper.
    - Dark Side node 6-A used to show Hux, now showing Hoth Rebel Scout.
    - Dark Side node 6-C used to show Sith Trooper, now shows Tusken Raider.

I also noticed that the gear used to craft certain gear pieces have moved around in the recipe screens. This one is hard to explain, but in the photo below the item without the green cross (Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens Component) used to display on the far left of this screen. Now it’s on the far right.
    t2z4oengwp8x.png

Yeah but none of that is player facing, that's why there's no release notes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

I had to manually download from the store and then it downloaded a few hundred MB of stuff. Feels pretty "player facing" to me.

how large the update is and what is player facing have nothing to do with each other. but ok.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Can someone define for me what "player facing" means?

I thought it was anything I could see.....no?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
This discussion has been closed.