What is your favorite squad to use anywhere and why?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Tusken Shaman is a fun addition to a DoT team. I use him as a 5th on my Carth team right now.

My personal favorite is Troopers.

zVeers, zStarck, Range, Shore, and Snow.

lbfli3fvjhj3.jpg

Me too...
  • Options
    There are a lot of fun squads in the right situation. First time I solo'd HAAT with JTR/CLS squad, Imps killing Ewoks in Assault Battles. I love using Geos against NightSisters. Although it's a bit old hat, and a lot o' bit cheese, there are days when I really enjoy getting the Deathstorm squad revved up in HSTR p3.

One I remember with special fondness, though, is using HRScout with Chewie on LS Hoth TB.

We went back and did one of those right after our first LS Geo TB because a lot of my then-guild were pretty disappointed in the experience. They knew rewards might be less, but a lot of them were still trying to save up for GAS and the GET1 rewards were actually better ... plus they just didn't have any fun putting teams into GeoTB and watching the slaughter without being able to do anything.

So, we go in and play, and HR Scout was required for some mission or other that was also rebels only. I hadn't really paid attention to his mechanics, but he gains TM on crits, then gains TM on enemy deaths, and gains even more if the enemy dying is Empire.

So it's Hoth TB and ALL the enemies are empire, and he's an underdeveloped character so of course he gets Guard with Chewie. So Scout goes and plinks, but Chewie assists and kills someone, Scout gains all the TM in the world, Scout goes again and plinks, Chewie assists and kills someone. It was amazing.

It was so fun, I used it on the ROLO special mission with just ROLO, Chewie, Scout, and Cap'n Han (just in case Scout died). It was lovely and so unexpected. In fact, it was lovely in large part because it was unexpected. That was a great TB. I had a lot of fun.
  • camper288
    211 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Bounty Hunters are the most fun for me, missiles, rockets and bombs exploding everywhere.

Really? I actually find them a bit slow and tiresome, mostly because of the long geo TB battles 😅 But they are still great!

I especially like to play with Sep droids, since they are so satisfying to use in TB 😊

pig84ekj0qjr.jpeg

I found myself taking a chair
    and to make it worse my not even relic 5 is
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly one of the squads I enjoy and feel is fun is Carth lead old republic. Mission and Zaalbar are such a great pair and their assists and healing is just lovely. They're not really useful in most modes now, but take em back into hoth TB sometime and watch them dance around those stupid imperials
  • Options
    Because it's hilarious when it worksmj3huer92p77.jpg
  • Options
    Bounty Hunters are the most fun for me, missiles, rockets and bombs exploding everywhere.

I love imperial troopers and Jedi
  • Options
    Jpolson43 wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Tusken Shaman is a fun addition to a DoT team. I use him as a 5th on my Carth team right now.

My personal favorite is Troopers.

zVeers, zStarck, Range, Shore, and Snow.

lbfli3fvjhj3.jpg

Me too...

I just posted about troopers a second ago that's the exact combo I use
  • Options
    Edison wrote: »
    KueChael wrote: »

Yes, Darth sidious needs to find his way on this team... for cando or Wampa?

I've tried Sid, but he keeps dying (I have a zeta on him, I know how sad, but I also never geared him past 10)

I've got the Wampa zeta that gives him a damage ramp for every dot, and since I've got two other OR characters on the team Cando has a good bit of survivability plus multiple dots per attack.

It's one of those squads I've played around with a lot, but can always improve though!

Darth Sidious is one of the toons I love to use but he’s very fragile (mine is at gear XI and he still get destroyed easily. One that they should put on a massive rework on, like Mace Windu.

Oh one can always dream.
  • TVF
    36773 posts Member
    Options
    Because it's hilarious when it worksmj3huer92p77.jpg

"when it works"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    When I'm bored, I'll throw together a random team with some synergy or one I'm gearing up and try to use it through all of Galactic War. The most fun for that has been BH team with Mando and Greef when they came out, bugs, using my new C-3PO in my crappy CLS team. I should try Cara in there too with them. Padme was surprisingly not as fun. Looking forward to trying NS eventually. Also want to do Wat, 3PO and Hoda with some random 4th and see how that fairs but I'm still a few months from Wat so that'll have to wait too along with an all Chewy team and an all Han team. JKA, Vader, FBL, Leia and CLS was interesting. Just a dumbster fire that rolled on for a while.
  • Guar
    44 posts Member
    Options
    Chewie + Guarded Vader.

You heard the new meta from me.
  • Options
    Guar wrote: »
    Chewie + Guarded Vader.

You heard the new meta from me.

Well, I know how I'm doing my Galactic War tonight.
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    Options
    Tuskens.
    I like one-shotting toons with my Tusken Raider and then starting a train of pain
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    @Guar

Genius.

Chewie assisting on every Malice attack? Applying Tenacity Down? The only thing that could make it better was if Vader's lead gave Chewie's attacks a chance to reduce TM.
  • Guar
    44 posts Member
    Options
    @Guar

Genius.

Chewie assisting on every Malice attack? Applying Tenacity Down? The only thing that could make it better was if Vader's lead gave Chewie's attacks a chance to reduce TM.

I’ve really been trying to theorycraft with this idea.
    Sith Trooper would also be a good addition, assist on every Vader crit. Also, Wat assists specials and helps stack DoT, but you need a powerful Wat so he won’t take Guarded.
  • Options
    Guar wrote: »
    @Guar

Genius.

I’ve really been trying to theorycraft with this idea.
    Sith Trooper would also be a good addition, assist on every Vader crit. Also, Wat assists specials and helps stack DoT, but you need a powerful Wat so he won’t take Guarded.

Maybe just make him super tanky so he doesn't take it? Don't have a Wat so I can't try but I like where this is going.
  • Options
    Most of my characters aren't quite in a viable state yet, so I usually fall back to the Phoenix team (without Sabine) when I need my strongest since they were the first ones I really grinded for, because between Chopper and Zeb's constant healing and bonus protection, most team comps simply don't have the damage to really leave a mark. Meanwhile Ezra butchers everyone while Kanan face tanks. And Hera allows Ezra to do more butchering.