What is your favorite squad to use anywhere and why?

Prev1
Purely just for fun I'd like to post about something a little more cheerful during this drought of content. Of all the hundreds of toons and various squads to choose from which is your go to for a vast majority of non faction required events? My favorites range from jedi revan which is my squad arena, tank raid and pretty much any light side based event. It combines healers and revivers with heavy support and good aoe attacks when necessary. My second favorite is geonosian. Three of the five members are pilots of very effective star fighters, call for massive assists during each toon attack so long as no one is dazed and can summon a 6th ally in non raid battles.

Replies

• Delvorin
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Even before the Vader touch up, my favorite to use has been the nightmare team (EP lead, vader, thrawn, sion, nihilus). Love the sith, vader and thrawn are two of my favorite star wars characters, and this was the first team I got to full g12 before g12+ pieces came out. Also love all the tm gain and control you can do. Against GLs, I love the control DR squads with thrawn can do. But Empire Sith mix has been my favorite for a long time.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Bounty Hunters are the most fun for me, missiles, rockets and bombs exploding everywhere.

Really? I actually find them a bit slow and tiresome, mostly because of the long geo TB battles 😅 But they are still great!

I especially like to play with Sep droids, since they are so satisfying to use in TB 😊
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    wampa
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Imperial troopers. So darn much fun.
  • Options
    Rex, CLS, Wampa & Chaze.
    Because Wampa :)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    CLS classic team. I love watching C3PO and R2 do spins and waddles as Chewie goes to town. It’s glorious.

I used to use FO with KRU a lot, and they were so much fun. I would use Phasma, FOO, FOX, and both Kylos. TM control was off the charts if I could get it going, and all of a sudden they were all stunned.
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member
    Options
    Anything with Vader
  • Options
    Hk lead droid zerg way back when.
  • Options
    Bounty Hunters and Night Sisters are my 2 guilty pleasures.
  • Options
    Any toon that gives me a 'delete' button.
    Vader
    Geo spy
    Boba
    Nihilus
    Literally everyone on a Padme team.

But my ultimate favourite still has to be zEP. No one takes a turn but ME!
  • Options
    Imperial troopers for me. When tuned perfectly they opponent rarely moves
  • Yung_Hen
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Just unlocked DRevan and Sith empire are so much fun. Seeing them run circles around other team and put up ridiculous damage is insane
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Bounty Hunters are the most fun for me, missiles, rockets and bombs exploding everywhere.

Really? I actually find them a bit slow and tiresome, mostly because of the long geo TB battles 😅 But they are still great!

I especially like to play with Sep droids, since they are so satisfying to use in TB 😊

pig84ekj0qjr.jpeg

:o
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    JTR + droids. Easy 60 pts vs almost any squad (any meta pre-Malak) without the enemy even getting a turn.
  • Options
    Imperial troops,droid seps,ewoks,sith empire are my favs
  • Options
    Nightsisters and CLS are my favorite. NS it’s just fun to sit back and watch opposing teams kill themselves as the plague spreads and having Daka R7 just revive the whole team is beautiful. CLS is just such an offensive powerhouse especially with CLS, Han, Chewie in 3V3 GAC!
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Ive had Clones since we had Clones. Leaders have come and gone, but dang it, CLONES!

Sith (EP Vader) are my favorite red side
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    Options
    This isn't a meta buster by any means, but one of my favorite comps to throw in GAC for a good time is:

zzzVader Lead, Mission, Zaalbar, Wampa, Cando - AKA My Dot Squad

• TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi Luke as a leader. Using him to slow the other side down to 118 speed is great, and the AOE unresistable stun is hilarious (especially against B1, which will actually stun it since it does no damage).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Edison wrote: »
    This isn't a meta buster by any means, but one of my favorite comps to throw in GAC for a good time is:

Yes, Darth sidious needs to find his way on this team... for cando or Wampa?
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »

I've tried Sid, but he keeps dying (I have a zeta on him, I know how sad, but I also never geared him past 10)

I've got the Wampa zeta that gives him a damage ramp for every dot, and since I've got two other OR characters on the team Cando has a good bit of survivability plus multiple dots per attack.

It's one of those squads I've played around with a lot, but can always improve though!
  • Options
    BH especially with Mando, greef, jango boba and bossk. I do love the clones which is why I reliced them all the way to 7 and for competitive use I worked on shaak ti. Which is pretty good
  • Options
    Rexollboy wrote: »
    BH especially with Mando, greef, jango boba and bossk. I do love the clones which is why I reliced them all the way to 7 and for competitive use I worked on shaak ti. Which is pretty good

This. Except I tend to use greedo instead of jango. This squad is incredibly fun and it’s a horrible decision by someone at CG that they aren’t all neutral tagged toons that can be used together in TB. Mando and Greef are perfect examples of Bounty Hunters who did both good and bad things.
  • Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    Edison wrote: »

wampa and gamorrean guard are both better than sidious for dot squads. gamorrean is used more than wampa probably due to wampa's able to solo certain teams
  • Lack
    74 posts Member
    Options
    I love rebels. CLs, han, chewie, r2, and 3pO. Love the crowd control and survivability with chewies health and protection regen.

For kicks and giggles I run ROLO, Biggs, wedge, farm boy Luke and storm trooper han. Also fun
  • Vendi1983
    5029 posts Member
    Options
    Tusken Shaman is a fun addition to a DoT team. I use him as a 5th on my Carth team right now.

My personal favorite is Troopers.

zVeers, zStarck, Range, Shore, and Snow.