Kyber result

124Next

Replies

• Options
    What everyone is forgetting is this bus guy has a 4.9 mil gp. So hes gonna get matched with people have have roughly 4.5 to 5.4. How many relic toons did you have at 4.9? I know when i was 4.9 relic wasnt a thing. All hes doing is keeping his gp low while relicing the A teams. Not hard to explain. Not hard to best people that have maybe 5 relic toons with 1 or 2 toons

Hes not a genius for figuring out how to win undersized battles hes just kept his gp low while only gearing up enough to make it to div 1.

I just have one question. How is that fun? Wouldnt you want a challenge in this game? Facing g11 and some g12 isnt a challenge. It would be very boring to me. Plus he must be terrible in a guild for tb and tw. And arena and ship arena. So congrats on kyber 1! Must be worth it to do all that. 😂🤣😆
  • Options
    Hawthorne wrote: »
    The problem isn't the matchmaking algorithm itself. Top X character GP makes a lot of sense. The problem is the huge discrepancy in the amount of GP relics add. There is far too little GP added taking a character from G12 to G13 considering the difference in power between a G12 and G13 character. Even going to R1/R2 doesn't really add that much. When we starting taking characters to R6/R7 we start adding thousands of GP to our rosters which is where we start to hurt our GAC matchmaking. I don't think the amount of GP added at the higher relic level is necessarily bad, but the tiny amount added at the lower level certainly is. They really need to adjust that to not only make matchmaking a bit more level but also to encourage people to actually relic up characters beyond R1-R3. There is something inherently wrong with the system if we're being not only encouraged, but rewarded for keeping our relic levels low. These tuned GAC rosters also hurt guild progress in TB ( especially LSTB ) as lower relic characters just can't compete. If they can't fix the GP discrepancy, hopefully the new galactic challenges will force people's hands by being difficult enough to require higher levels to get the best rewards.

Gac matchmaking will change. It was the same thing with keeping nsis zombie at a low gear. You shouldnt get rewarded for not gearing up toons.
  • Options
    nickyc123 wrote: »
    What everyone is forgetting is this bus guy has a 4.9 mil gp. So hes gonna get matched with people have have roughly 4.5 to 5.4. How many relic toons did you have at 4.9? I know when i was 4.9 relic wasnt a thing. All hes doing is keeping his gp low while relicing the A teams. Not hard to explain. Not hard to best people that have maybe 5 relic toons with 1 or 2 toons

Hes not a genius for figuring out how to win undersized battles hes just kept his gp low while only gearing up enough to make it to div 1.

I just have one question. How is that fun? Wouldnt you want a challenge in this game? Facing g11 and some g12 isnt a challenge. It would be very boring to me. Plus he must be terrible in a guild for tb and tw. And arena and ship arena. So congrats on kyber 1! Must be worth it to do all that. 😂🤣😆

Top 25 and first place seem totally awful to me, complete trash arena performances there /s

I would guess he does just fine in TW, considering he clearly knows how to counter teams efficiently.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Did you look at bus 74’s zetas. He has only around 60 of them. I dont know if he hoards them or if he just doesnt have them ?
    Also he has very good mods
    Post edited by vincentlondon on
  • Options
    Did you look at bus 74’s zetas. He has only around 60 of them. I dont know if he hoards them or if he just doesnt gave them ?
    Also he has very good mods

He could also be relatively newer than you are. I have basically the same number of zetas and have been playing about 2.5 years, but am slightly behind in total GP.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    Options
    The problem is the huge discrepancy in the amount of GP relics add. There is far too little GP added taking a character from G12 to G13 considering the difference in power between a G12 and G13 character.

Seconded

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    The problem is the huge discrepancy in the amount of GP relics add. There is far too little GP added taking a character from G12 to G13 considering the difference in power between a G12 and G13 character.
    There's an even bigger and older problem lurking here: fleet GP.

Any time you add GP to a pilot whose ship you have unlocked you also add ship GP. This further magnifies the GP cost of relics from a matchmaking perspective.

So from relic 6->7 my JKA added: 1897 character + 4268 ship = 6165 total GP
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Any time you add GP to a pilot whose ship you have unlocked you also add ship GP. This further magnifies the GP cost of relics from a matchmaking perspective.

Besides total gp effecting which division you are in, I've yet to see any proof ship gp effects matchmaking.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Besides total gp effecting which division you are in, I've yet to see any proof ship gp effects matchmaking.
    I haven't seen concrete proof one way or the other but I have seen a few matchups I couldn't explain any other way: comparable g12s, zetas & g13s but opponent had considerably more relic levels while I had significantly stronger fleets.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

I haven't seen concrete proof one way or the other but I have seen a few matchups I couldn't explain any other way: comparable g12s, zetas & g13s but opponent had considerably more relic levels while I had significantly stronger fleets.

So far amongst all my pools, top 80 has always been in close vicinity (hotbot, so exact numbers). Comparing each factor one by one is not necessary. Let us know though if you encounter any different case so we can see what else may fit.
  • Options
    I recently added Thrawn’s zeta lead which is average and when i saw + 8000 GP for that i was like “oups” to my GA MM
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

So far amongst all my pools, top 80 has always been in close vicinity (hotbot, so exact numbers). Comparing each factor one by one is not necessary. Let us know though if you encounter any different case so we can see what else may fit.
    Interesting. So top 80 toon GP is always close no matter what GAC variant? 5v5 or 3v3? With or without ships? How close are we talking? Did you keep track of any of the numbers you were seeing?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Interesting. So top 80 toon GP is always close no matter what GAC variant? 5v5 or 3v3? With or without ships? How close are we talking? Did you keep track of any of the numbers you were seeing?

As you know commonly used bots for roster comparison is dsr bot and hotbot. Both only calculates the top 80 comparison. Dsr bot displays a bulk number (i.e. 2.0m vs. 2.0m) while hotbot does exact numbers. I didn't note down the numbers. In the hotbot comparison it was always within 20k distance. I didn't always check at the time of matchmaking either, so the bot will be pulling current data (which might be +6 days after mm at most). Same with 3v3 and with ships too. That's why I think there's a single mm paradigm regardless of the template. I'd be happy to see differing cases to make sure it's not a dumb one shoe fits all.