What determines who has how much overflow?

Maybe it's just me who's not clear for but what exactly determines who has how much overflow? Probably it's not the speed, because in the example CLS has less speed than Rex, in spite of that CLS goes first:
Assume that each unit has the following current Speed stat

Rex: 250
Echo: 200
CLS: 200
Old Ben: 225

Assume that each unit has the following Turn Meter

Rex: 100% (Overflow: 10%)
Echo: 90%
CLS: 100% (Overflow: 30%)
Old Ben: 98%

Why does CLS have more overflow than Rex while Rex has more speed? Anybody can explaine that? I have read the announcement several times, but I have not found an explanation of what determines the extent of the overflow in the case of a tie.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    in the example those are assumptions. meaning starting values placed there for the purposes of the example.
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    Options
    The example they gave us is not the starting turn meter. It is an example of possible situation reached within a battle.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    also speed doesn't add to overflow, its only a deciding factor should toons have the same overflow. once a toon hits 100%, they only add overflow through TM gain.
  • Olderaan
    184 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    OK, so only TM gain can add overflow? And the OF difference comes only from the TM gain difference? If it's true, it will still not be possible to deduce who will come during the match because no one can keep that many factors in mind. I am increasingly inclined to believe that Ultra’s suggestion - that it finally would be desirable to see a turn queue - would be the only way to understand what is going on during the battle. (see here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/234242/turn-order-feedback-turn-queues)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Olderaan wrote: »
    OK, so only TM gain can add overflow? And the OF difference comes only from the TM gain difference? If it's true, it will still not be possible to deduce who will come during the match because no one can keep that many factors in mind. I am increasingly inclined to believe that Ultra’s suggestion - that it finally would be desirable to see a turn queue - would be the only way to understand what is going on during the battle. (see here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/234242/turn-order-feedback-turn-queues)

I understand it may take some practice to get it right, but the mechanics are fairly straightforward to deducting who goes next.

Yes a visualization would make it easier to see this, but it's just new and it will be come second nature in no time.

• Ultra
    11510 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I understand it may take some practice to get it right, but the mechanics are fairly straightforward to deducting who goes next.

Yes a visualization would make it easier to see this, but it's just new and it will be come second nature in no time.
    I agree it will be second nature to players that have a good grasp of the mechanics of overflow but the basic principle of software design is to make it as easy as possible for your consumer base

"you'll get used to it" shouldn't be good enough standard, if they aren't giving us visualization, I hope its something in the pipeline with some level of priority
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I agree it will be second nature to players that have a good grasp of the mechanics of overflow but the basic principle of software design is to make it as easy as possible for your consumer base

"you'll get used to it" shouldn't be good enough standard, if they aren't giving us visualization, I hope its something in the pipeline with some level of priority

I dont disagree, as I said and already agreed in your post. (And brought this up to the dev team before this post went live). As far as we know, this is not in the pipeline on any level.

I dont think it's as hard as people think once it's in place, I think it's harder to visualize it outside of the context of a match.
  • Options
    Speed is still essentially the determining factor. If you take the 501st as an example - all the clones gain 60% TM (assuming no debuffs) when Rex uses form up. But they all had different speeds, so they were all at different %TM levels to start with, and they'll still be at those relative levels after they hit overflow. So fastest clone after Rex will go next, then in order. GAS will pretty much always go last, since he only gets 30%.