Need to end GAC

Prev1345
There is zero reason to play, matchmaking does nothing for GL, so matchmaking is dead, GAC needs to end with it...

‘Matching’ a GL against anyone without a GL has to be a 95%+ win rate, it’s impossible to take down in one attack, so it’s not a match... one defense hold will win every match I’ve ever played (division 2), so it’s like high school football teams against nfl playoff teams... not technically impossible, but go ahead and pretend all you like that there’s actually a prayer you gac opponent is mindless enough to not place their auto victory on defense...

Ban GL defense, match 1 GL against 1 GL, 2 vs 2, whatever, the algorithm cant possibly be that hard.... I could draw a picture if that’s more helpful, whatever it takes to explain how pointless it is to play against, let me know, just please address the problem, or give us a break or kill off gac if it’s not worth the trouble to build a working matchmaking system

Replies

• Magruffin
    799 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Meh it is what is. If I see I've been matched w a GL I'll just set a fleet def. And no other teams. They wanna pay to win? Cool. Have your free win.Good luck doing feats.
    Post edited by Magruffin on
  • Options
    And what about GAS? Malak? DR? JKR? Bugs? Hell even Phoenix squad?

GAC divisions extend all the way down to 0 GP and across that range there are many squads which can be potential blockers.

Why should division 1/2 players be the only ones to get this kind of hand-holding? And thus we start down the rabbit-hole of matching by roster composition...

I am at the top end of the division 2 GP range and I have yet to encounter a GL but then I chose not to bloat my matchmaking GP with unnecessary relic levels & zetas. I spent those energy & currency resources elsewhere instead. I have finished Kyber in every GAC so far and am on course to do so again.
  • Shaddess
    221 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

GAC divisions extend all the way down to 0 GP and across that range there are many squads which can be potential blockers.

Why should division 1/2 players be the only ones to get this kind of hand-holding? And thus we start down the rabbit-hole of matching by roster composition...

I am at the top end of the division 2 GP range and I have yet to encounter a GL but then I chose not to bloat my matchmaking GP with unnecessary relic levels & zetas. I spent those energy & currency resources elsewhere instead. I have finished Kyber in every GAC so far and am on course to do so again.

So in shorter words, You have no idea what it’s like to play in division one against GLs. So your opinion is questionable at best since all those squads you listed pale in comparison as “blockers” compared to GLs
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I think this overlooks why people bothered to go for GLs in the first place; arena, raids, LS Geo TB and yes, GAC. It's to gain a competitive advantage.

In any case, I doubt CG's matchmaking tool is sophisticated enough to deliver what you are asking for. There's also the question of whether it should anyway.
  • Options
    0kzmdgkn0hlw.jpg
  • Themy
    96 posts Member
    Options
    1) How do you not have a GL yet?
    2) GAC is not in place to provide fun, it is there so that the game can push you to spending/getting the latest toons so that you need to be competitive with others.

Why would CG change matchmaking so that it doesn't punish people for not having the latest toons/better mods?
  • Damodamo
    1588 posts Member
    Options
    0kzmdgkn0hlw.jpg

This, and I’m speaking as one of the people who almost have/just unlocked a GL so are suffering from the bloat of going for a GL and facing one in every single match so far in 3v3.

This too shall pass..
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options
    WhoDat wrote: »
    There is zero reason to play

Good news, you don't have to.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Shaddess wrote: »

So in shorter words, You have no idea what it’s like to play in division one against GLs. So your opinion is questionable at best since all those squads you listed pale in comparison as “blockers” compared to GLs
    So in short enough words even for you: a blocker is a blocker, period.

I have faced blockers in GAC and GA before it as I progressed from around 1m GP to 4.5m GP over the last year and a half. Blockers are not unique to division 1 and GLs are not the first blockers, nor will they be the last.
  • Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Meh it is what is. If I see I've been matched w a GL I'll just set a fleet def. And no other teams. They wanna pay to win? Cool. Have your free win.Good luck doing feats.

I farmed the GL required toons without spending a penny on them.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2939 posts Member
    Options
    Magruffin wrote: »

That is totally uncalled for. If you don’t want to play GAC, don’t join. Don’t screw other players because you are mad at CG.
  • Hortus
    628 posts Member
    Options

I'm in division 1 and I have GL. You can trust me or not, but GL actually doing my matchups harder than before. The reason is simple - where I have bunch of close-to-useless-in-GA toons with high relics, my opponents has good-shaped A-teams with pretty much same relics levels. Essentially any opponent with good roster can beat me just by playing defensively, hopefully there aren't many people doing so. Yes, thanks to GL I have exactly one sure win with good score, and that's it. Technically I can place GL on defense, but it will even further lower my chances to win if opponent will leave own A-teams on defense.

As result, before staring to pursue GL I usually had little trouble to win every battle and had highest GAC result in top-10. Now I rarely have a chance to win all 3 matches in every GA, still can hit kyber but by pretty small margin. So please, if you don't have GL yourself and/or don't clearly understand how it affects matchmaking please don't make any assumptions.

I suppose the situations may be different in the top of division 1 where people have vast amount of relics on basically anything and useless FO/Resistance trash have low impact on matchmaking, but if your are in THAT power level and still don't have GL of your own you probably can only blame yourself.
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »

I'm in division 1 and I have GL. You can trust me or not, but GL actually doing my matchups harder than before. The reason is simple - where I have bunch of close-to-useless-in-GA toons with high relics, my opponents has good-shaped A-teams with pretty much same relics levels. Essentially any opponent with good roster can beat me just by playing defensively, hopefully there aren't many people doing so. Yes, thanks to GL I have exactly one sure win with good score, and that's it. Technically I can place GL on defense, but it will even further lower my chances to win if opponent will leave own A-teams on defense.

As result, before staring to pursue GL I usually had little trouble to win every battle and had highest GAC result in top-10. Now I rarely have a chance to win all 3 matches in every GA, still can hit kyber but by pretty small margin. So please, if you don't have GL yourself and/or don't clearly understand how it affects matchmaking please don't make any assumptions.

I suppose the situations may be different in the top of division 1 where people have vast amount of relics on basically anything and useless FO/Resistance trash have low impact on matchmaking, but if your are in THAT power level and still don't have GL of your own you probably can only blame yourself.

I'm in Div 1 (5.5m) have both Rey and Luke, and my Rey has definitely made my matchups easier, not harder.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I'm in Div 1 (5.5m) have both Rey and Luke, and my Rey has definitely made my matchups easier, not harder.
    Sounds like he is at the low end of the division 1 GP range and he unbalanced his roster pursuing GLs. I am on the threshold of div 2 / div 1 and would likely be in a similar predicament if I had gone all out for a GL rather than preserving my roster balance as I gear up towards a GL. It may take me a little longer to get a GL but I am also less likely to be facing one before I am ready.
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options

Sounds like he is at the low end of the division 1 GP range and he unbalanced his roster pursuing GLs. I am on the threshold of div 2 / div 1 and would likely be in a similar predicament if I had gone all out for a GL rather than preserving my roster balance as I gear up towards a GL. It may take me a little longer to get a GL but I am also less likely to be facing one before I am ready.

I understand I'm an edge case ;)
  • Options
    Don't get why when one person doesn't like something it should just be removed? Wouldn't it be easier to just not press the join button?
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Options
    I like GAC. You win some and you lose some.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    OP you will love the next GAC

ohwaf1dvh0pj.png
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    OP you will love the next GAC

ohwaf1dvh0pj.png
    Oh gawd, for real? GAC Ultra Munchkin mode!!! :D

b4ngdwszm79c.jpg
  • Options
    I’m close to 6 million gp, have no legends, no Luke, no GAS. I’ve never seen a legend in GAC, never seen Luke, and see maybe two GASes per GAC.

I dunno. It seems like something is working. Maybe it’s to do with your top end? Maybe your GP is more concentrated?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    My Div 5 alt account has DR/malak and really good speeds. I've had more people clear my GLR on my main, than have cleared my DR team in div 5. Its not like a roadblock team is unique to GLs. GL just has a higher investment and more difficult counters. But if you don't have a team to counter the roadblock, you won't beat it. Be that GS, DR, or a GL
  • Options
    Div 1 is easier than Div 2. You won't regret moving up, lots of old, bloated rosters like mine. Just saw my first two GLs this round; beat the first one because he did not place his Kylo on D.

Not that hard to believe some players do not have a GL yet. I do not, but am collecting the gear and shards needed to get there. Priorities, you know. So many must-haves required to "help the guild" like the Geos, GG, Revans, Malak, GAS, on-and-on ... it's just the moving carrot problem. By the time I catch the carrot, another one pops up and now you "must have" that one for the guild.

It's tiresome.
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options
    Good news OP, GAC ends after one more week.
  • Options
    Div 1 is easier than Div 2. You won't regret moving up, lots of old, bloated rosters like mine. Just saw my first two GLs this round; beat the first one because he did not place his Kylo on D.

Not that hard to believe some players do not have a GL yet. I do not, but am collecting the gear and shards needed to get there. Priorities, you know. So many must-haves required to "help the guild" like the Geos, GG, Revans, Malak, GAS, on-and-on ... it's just the moving carrot problem. By the time I catch the carrot, another one pops up and now you "must have" that one for the guild.

It's tiresome.
    Going up a division doesn't bother me, done that enough times. And I gave up chasing the carrot ages ago. Now I just saunter along a carrot behind, occasionally snacking on peas or celery as the mood takes me. :D

dd951b2edsy6.jpg
  • Options

So in short enough words even for you: a blocker is a blocker, period.

I have faced blockers in GAC and GA before it as I progressed from around 1m GP to 4.5m GP over the last year and a half. Blockers are not unique to division 1 and GLs are not the first blockers, nor will they be the last.

It’s still way different then facing a GL buddy. You said you haven’t even faced one in 3v3 so again your opinion is questionable.
  • Options

I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with you until this statement.
  • Options
    There is zero reason to play

Good news, you don't have to.

Are you supposed to suggest people play less? I thought that was frowned upon in the forums?
  • TVF
    36628 posts Member
    Options

I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with you until this statement.

I love how people feel the need to say this.
  • Options
    it’s impossible to take down in one attack, so it’s not a match..
    not true, its possible to beat GLs in 1 try each. in both 3v3 and 5v5. granted its hard to do but its possible and been shown
  • Options
    Since words seem to be too difficult I painted you a picture...
    mcpnwqa4ha30.png
    If you cannot beat a squad in zone X then you are blocked. Period. End of story.