Need to end GAC

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    @John_Matrix1985 That sounds like an awesome idea. If I were a betting man, I'd say the better defense wins hands down. Defense wins championships they.... Nevermind not here they don't.

@DarjeloSalas Since you obviously like dancing around things here you go good sir. I'm going to get off the dance floor and get a drink.npr2opsu9xr4.gif

Make sure it’s a FULL drink - though based on your posts I don’t think you know what that word means.
  • Options
    The problem with GAC and most parts of the game are the bugs.. and that´s all.. bugs, bugs, bugs and more bugs. They correct one bug and more appears. They put "exciting new content" [ironic mode] and always new bugs come to the game.

Twice in this GAC game crushed after a fight and victory text doesn´t appear, battle doesn´t finished and the only option was to force quit. Score didn´t count, once in first round and once in this second. A perfect score wasted because EA doesn't correct bugs.

This game should be renamed to Star Wars Galaxy of bugs.
  • Options
    @John_Matrix1985 That sounds like an awesome idea. If I were a betting man, I'd say the better defense wins hands down. Defense wins championships they.... Nevermind not here they don't.

@DarjeloSalas Since you obviously like dancing around things here you go good sir. I'm going to get off the dance floor and get a drink.npr2opsu9xr4.gif

Make sure it’s a FULL drink - though based on your posts I don’t think you know what that word means.

Thankfully the bartender isn't dumb enough to have to be reminded that the drink should be FULL to begin with.
  • Options

Thankfully the bartender isn't dumb enough to have to be reminded that the drink should be FULL to begin with.
    Hope you get the best drink. Not the best FULL drink.

I’m getting increasingly confused by all of this. You’re usually a cogent poster who makes a strong argument, but you seem to be making a very bizarre point in this exchange. In case that drink has gone to your head, here’s how we got to this point:

LukeDukem:
    Can we please get a different map, with different win conditions. It's literally the same teams we fight over and over and over again. We still aren't even close to using our full roster depth.

SithVicious:
    Full roster? No thanks, there are quite a few toons in my roster I have no interest in trying to use.

LukeDukem:
    That isn't the point of GAC. It's who has the best FULL roster. Not who has the best roster of toons only you want to use.

At this point it’s clear LD thinks that we should be using every toon in our inventory to prove who is the best in GAC. He used the word FULL twice, capitalising it the second time.

I (and many others) disagreed with him

Me:
    This is a strange suggestion. At lower levels, there will be players who have farmed and unlocked 10-15 more toons than their opponent. Best FULL roster would be an auto win for the guy with more toons.

LD:
    That is the exact point of GAC. The players who farmed more should have some advantage over the player who only modded 5 toons (who also has an advantage).

Again, LD clearly thinks that someone who has unlocked more toons deserves to win GAC over someone who has unlocked less.

Me:
    We’ll see how many agree with you. The devs obviously don’t, for starters.

That’s when you come in.

You said that you agree with LD, and highlight the following prose from a developer’s post:
    who is the greatest player in Swgoh? Who is the greatest player in all the galaxy? There is no mention in here that the entirety of a player’s roster should be the measure of greatness.

You are perfectly entitled to disagree with me. Just make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons. I don’t think the toons ranked 90 and beyond in my, or anyone else’s roster, are relevant to who has the best roster. And based on your other posts on these forums, I find it hard to accept that you really genuinely think otherwise.

• Options
    DaveKenobi wrote: »
    The problem with GAC and most parts of the game are the bugs.. and that´s all.. bugs, bugs, bugs and more bugs. They correct one bug and more appears. They put "exciting new content" [ironic mode] and always new bugs come to the game.

Twice in this GAC game crushed after a fight and victory text doesn´t appear, battle doesn´t finished and the only option was to force quit. Score didn´t count, once in first round and once in this second. A perfect score wasted because EA doesn't correct bugs.

This game should be renamed to Star Wars Galaxy of bugs.

I do not have all these bugs you mention.
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @DarjeloSalas Thanks for the kind words and I genuinely feel the same about you. The old system punished old time players for roster bloat. This system fixes that but in the process creates a new (and larger problem imo) issue. The new system punishes people who build up their roster to help themselves and their guilds progress in newer game modes. That's my ONLY problem with it.

I'm not here campaigning for easier matchups as I don't see any fun in that whatsoever. I'm here campaigning for fair matchups and a system that punishes NOBODY for building their roster to help in other game modes. When I think of a competition, I look at the entirety (Fullness) of the 2 competitors and not just their best side. That's it. That's all I meant by that and that's what the developers wanted at one point according to their own words regardless of if they said full roster or not. Hope that helps. Take care, I have a GL to go and disappoint. Because after all, this system flaw works both ways as this GL owner is about to find out.
  • Options
    @DarjeloSalas Thanks for the kind words and I genuinely feel the same about you. The old system punished old time players for roster bloat. This system fixes that but in the process creates a new (and larger problem imo) issue. The new system punishes people who build up their roster to help themselves and their guilds progress in newer game modes. That's my ONLY problem with it.

I'm not here campaigning for easier matchups as I don't see any fun in that whatsoever. I'm here campaigning for fair matchups and a system that punishes NOBODY for building their roster to help in other game modes. When I think of a competition, I look at the entirety (Fullness) of the 2 competitors and not just their best side. That's it. That's all I meant by that and that's what the developers wanted at one point according to their own words regardless of if they said full roster or not. Hope that helps. Take care, I have a GL to go and disappoint. Because after all, this system flaw works both ways as this GL owner is about to find out.

Thanks for this. A nice return to reason from both of us.

I guess “fullness” is a vague term. I do agree with you that there are people out there who have the latest shiny meta but don’t necessarily have all that great depth. And, I kinda agree with LD that depth could be tested further than it currently is in GAC, and it would likely benefit my bloated roster if that happened.

But there has to be a line. My g9 Lobot and g11 Eeth Koth may well outstrip other people’s Lobot and Eeth Koth, but I don’t think GAC would be enhanced by their involvement!
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    frackme_21 wrote: »
    Ok. Prime example of losing due to matchmaking. Just faced a team with 8 more relics than i did with a GL Rey to boot. Nothing on my roster seems to be able to even dent her. I sent jedi revan after her, GAS, Darth Revan/Malak. Jedi revan got her max health down to the bottom, yet nothing would cut through her protection.
    Everything else put in front of me i demolished. But the match was over before it started due to GL Rey alone.

Time to get a GL.

Finally won one, because i was evenly matched. Next matchup:

Opponent: 38 Relics 45 G12 5.53m GP
    Me: 30 Relics 36 G12 4.69m GP

Don't tell me that in any way shape or form our rosters could be considered roughly competitive
  • Options
    vymiqk8xecam.jpeg
    7jf8nf0l8r9i.jpeg
    v2oflwtiiztp.jpeg
    cj80hq7eikjp.jpeg

This is my 4 pods for this gac...I'm 10-1, about to go 11-1 if I can manage to beat another Rey, and my only loss looks to be taking #1 overall, had slkr and jkls to my Rey, and better mods. And that was the most fun I've had with gac

Most people have used 0 strategy, haven't changed defenses at all, and I actually put my Rey, Dr, Padme, and GG on my defense front walls regularly and still end up full clearing with predominantly 1 shots. I'm 31-1 with Rey from the top of d2 to the bottom of D1. Matchmaking needs to be tweaked.... I want a challenge!

HOWEVER, if you are in a non GL division, or non GL matchups, that HAS to come with lesser rewards. Cause it's not equitable for me to have tougher match ups than you but you still getting better rewards, that disincentives roster improvement, but current matchmaking does as well. The gp boosts for higher relic tiers are actually too much for their gains, and the gp boost from g12 to g13 is too little, Zetas aren't weighed right (a g11 zeta BSF is the same gp as a g13 non zeta BSF for example, you tell me which is more valuable?), And it should be more than just a flat go check
  • Options
    Mm in ga rewards the best strategist, who optimise how mm works. It's ok imo because swgoh is, at core, a Strategy game.
    The main goal of strategy is to obtain unfair match ups. You want to start the battle flanking the opposite army, 10 to 1 and by surprise. It's the sole purpose of strategy.
    However, it's understandable that some people are more interested in the tactical aspect of the game and want fair battles against roughly the same army.
    The issue is the reward system though. Tweaking mm so gl face only other gl will stop rewarding good gac strategy, as good strategist would not benefit from their advantage, because they won't have those 10 to 1 moments. Some kind of elo system with an arena-like reward structure might do the trick and keep rewarding strategy, but it's a complete overhaul and not just tweaking the system.
  • Options

I’m getting increasingly confused by all of this. You’re usually a cogent poster who makes a strong argument, but you seem to be making a very bizarre point in this exchange. In case that drink has gone to your head, here’s how we got to this point:

LukeDukem:
    Can we please get a different map, with different win conditions. It's literally the same teams we fight over and over and over again. We still aren't even close to using our full roster depth.

SithVicious:
    Full roster? No thanks, there are quite a few toons in my roster I have no interest in trying to use.

LukeDukem:
    That isn't the point of GAC. It's who has the best FULL roster. Not who has the best roster of toons only you want to use.

At this point it’s clear LD thinks that we should be using every toon in our inventory to prove who is the best in GAC. He used the word FULL twice, capitalising it the second time.

Me:
    This is a strange suggestion. At lower levels, there will be players who have farmed and unlocked 10-15 more toons than their opponent. Best FULL roster would be an auto win for the guy with more toons.

LD:
    That is the exact point of GAC. The players who farmed more should have some advantage over the player who only modded 5 toons (who also has an advantage).

Again, LD clearly thinks that someone who has unlocked more toons deserves to win GAC over someone who has unlocked less.

Me:

That’s when you come in.

You said that you agree with LD, and highlight the following prose from a developer’s post:
    who is the greatest player in Swgoh? Who is the greatest player in all the galaxy? There is no mention in here that the entirety of a player’s roster should be the measure of greatness.

You are perfectly entitled to disagree with me. Just make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons. I don’t think the toons ranked 90 and beyond in my, or anyone else’s roster, are relevant to who has the best roster. And based on your other posts on these forums, I find it hard to accept that you really genuinely think otherwise.

I never said they deserved to win. Please read again. I said it should count for some kind of advantage that someone had depth to their inventory and not just 1 team that is supremely modded. This is why there is no balance right now, especially when it comes to the GL's.

Just so I understand...in your mind the best player in the galaxy just needs basically 1 team that another player can't beat, and that player is the best in galaxy?

What you are failing to understand is my point that this is a collection game and this game mode should take into consideration a player who collected many toons. There are over 200+ toons in the game, and 2/3 of which we will never use and have no impact.

In the end we are going to have to agree to disagree. When you are talking about a collection game and who has the best roster, my belief is that all of your toons should count. Basically this game mode has completely eliminated any player who enjoys collecting. And the worst of all is that it's modding that really determines the winner, which is all based on luck. I am looking for strategy, not just luck.

For the record, they did mention in a Q&A session that GAC intent was to see who had the best roster, similar to the same statement they made about using your entire roster or galatic challenges. And once again, we have to really only need R5 or above.
  • Options

This was perfectly stated.
  • Options
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »

LukeDukem:

SithVicious:

LukeDukem:

Me:

LD:

Me:

That’s when you come in.

I never said they deserved to win. Please read again. I said it should count for some kind of advantage that someone had depth to their inventory and not just 1 team that is supremely modded. This is why there is no balance right now, especially when it comes to the GL's.

Just so I understand...in your mind the best player in the galaxy just needs basically 1 team that another player can't beat, and that player is the best in galaxy?

What you are failing to understand is my point that this is a collection game and this game mode should take into consideration a player who collected many toons. There are over 200+ toons in the game, and 2/3 of which we will never use and have no impact.

In the end we are going to have to agree to disagree. When you are talking about a collection game and who has the best roster, my belief is that all of your toons should count. Basically this game mode has completely eliminated any player who enjoys collecting. And the worst of all is that it's modding that really determines the winner, which is all based on luck. I am looking for strategy, not just luck.

For the record, they did mention in a Q&A session that GAC intent was to see who had the best roster, similar to the same statement they made about using your entire roster or galatic challenges. And once again, we have to really only need R5 or above.

1) don’t take it to extremes. I absolutely do not think the best player in the galaxy needs 1 team, and never said that. I do understand the frustrations of people who don’t have a GL being matched against people who do have one - but up at the top of division 1, where the best player in the galaxy should be found, pretty much everyone has a GL. A good number of them have both. And I can assure you that people have vastly more than 1 team.

2) there are not over 200+ toons in the game. Count again.

3) we will agree to disagree. For the best roster, I don’t see why the bottom, say, third of someone’s roster should be a factor. For me the mark of a great player is their ability to actually play the game, not just compare rosters.

Otherwise, this guy wins all the time: https://swgoh.gg/p/979382945/
  • Options

LukeDukem:

SithVicious:

LukeDukem:

Me:

LD:

Me:

That’s when you come in.

1) don’t take it to extremes. I absolutely do not think the best player in the galaxy needs 1 team, and never said that. I do understand the frustrations of people who don’t have a GL being matched against people who do have one - but up at the top of division 1, where the best player in the galaxy should be found, pretty much everyone has a GL. A good number of them have both. And I can assure you that people have vastly more than 1 team.

3) we will agree to disagree. For the best roster, I don’t see why the bottom, say, third of someone’s roster should be a factor. For me the mark of a great player is their ability to actually play the game, not just compare rosters.

The interesting thing out of that is the highest GP player runs a rey titans team. Clearly indicating that is the meta and no buff to rey is required
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options

LukeDukem:

SithVicious:

LukeDukem:

Me:

LD:

Me:

That’s when you come in.

The interesting thing out of that is the highest GP player runs a rey titans team. Clearly indicating that is the meta and no buff to rey is required

I'm struggling to see the connected relevance.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

LukeDukem:

SithVicious:

LukeDukem:

Me:

LD:

Me:

That’s when you come in.

ok ok, 180ish. Semantics, I think you get my point. Also, the extreme I am mentioning is exactly what is happening for players at a certain GP level making the game mode unbalanced.

To the point of the other player, there shouldn't be a situation where players are disadvantaged for playing the entire game. My main issue is that the game mode completely eliminates the rest of the roster (in a collection game where the point is to collect all characters and play them all) and that is a poorly designed game mode and should be changed.

Anyway, no need to go any further, we are in agreement (to disagree). :)

• Wimma
    152 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    GAC for me is one of the more interesting parts of the game. I enjoy 5v5 (not 3v3 - game wasn't designed or balanced for it, love to see it scrapped), but the GL issue is an interesting one.
    I've hit one GL in 5v5, and as others pointed out, the requirements meant they had put a lot of GP into her team, and all those required resistance toons. I won the round due to having greater roster depth (no GL obviously), but there was no way I could clear them. It was a low point round.
    I've hit a low gear GL in 3v3 and managed to get through for the clear, but even at G9 she outmatched most of my roster. And that's my issue - GLs are just way too overpowered. I honestly wish they'd never brought them in, but hard task to remove them (go on, refund everyone and delete therm!!). My choice not to have them I know, but I can still make Kyber, and find R7 Malak is still a massive challenge for my list anyway (top end div2 still, close to div1).
    My one main wish for GAC, apart from sticking to 5v5 as the game is designed, is to open up the map more. Is annoying when 1 player has that uber top team their opponent cannot beat, so can block off half the map. That means someone can't play the game, and heavily favours the top end heavy rosters, not those that try to collect all the characters for fun. Give us just 2 zones - one for fleet, one for toons. Let us try hit up all the teams we can please. Else just 1 big list of opposing teams (toons & fleets combined) and go nuts roster on roster!!
    And please stop with the 3v3 - the smaller the teams are, the more unbalanced by the meta characters.
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options
    3v3 is a fun change of pace. Alternate with 5v5 monthly please.
  • Options
    3v3 is a fun change of pace. Alternate with 5v5 monthly please.

At this point i wouldnt mind 4v4...at least it would be something different.
  • Options
    Themy wrote: »
    1) How do you not have a GL yet?

I refuse to gear 13 that many characters I don't want to use for other things, and I have other things to use gear/energy on. The moment I saw the requirements I decided they were the first characters not worth the effort. Unless gear (and shards for the ones not at 7* yet) becomes easier to get, I don't see that changing.
    Fair enough. However, if anyone chooses not to gear a GL, they shouldn't consider it unfair when facing one in GAC.

They are the currently most viable PvP characters, so whoever chooses to go that extra mile to fulfill all the requirements deserves to have an advantage in PvP-based game modes.
  • Options

I refuse to gear 13 that many characters I don't want to use for other things, and I have other things to use gear/energy on. The moment I saw the requirements I decided they were the first characters not worth the effort. Unless gear (and shards for the ones not at 7* yet) becomes easier to get, I don't see that changing.
    Fair enough. However, if anyone chooses not to gear a GL, they shouldn't consider it unfair when facing one in GAC.

They are the currently most viable PvP characters, so whoever chooses to go that extra mile to fulfill all the requirements deserves to have an advantage in PvP-based game modes.

I don't think he is arguing about the advantage. The player who grinded and got the GL should have a well earned advantage. I think the issue is that it's a practically a win condition. Which right off the bat eliminates a player from having any chance and devalues the work they may have put in for other characters. That goes beyond just having an advantage.

• TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options

I don't think he is arguing about the advantage. The player who grinded and got the GL should have a well earned advantage. I think the issue is that it's a practically a win condition. Which right off the bat eliminates a player from having any chance and devalues the work they may have put in for other characters. That goes beyond just having an advantage.

You can go back and look and find this statement for all past metas I can remember.

Given the level of investment, you could argue that GL owners should have a bigger advantage than for previous metas.
  • Options

You can go back and look and find this statement for all past metas I can remember.

Given the level of investment, you could argue that GL owners should have a bigger advantage than for previous metas.

Completely agree, it has not been a good game map ever since the beginning. Having the latest meta shouldn't be a (practical) auto win condition.
  • TVF
    36770 posts Member
    Options

Completely agree, it has not been a good game map ever since the beginning. Having the latest meta shouldn't be a (practical) auto win condition.

Eh.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    :D

The controversy around Bus centered on his roster management choices, there was no allegation of foul play.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    :D

The controversy around Bus centered on his roster management choices, there was no allegation of foul play.
    Quiet you. yankeeh8r got his pitchfork out!
  • Options
    My guess is that you're gradually working towards your first GL, meaning that you've bloated your roster with low-value relics and have yet to see a return on the investment. It's that awkward phase while growing your hair out... you'll definitely look stupid for a long while until there's finally enough to tie it back. But it was your decision to grow it out in the first place, so nothing to do but suck it up. And wear a hat.

Seriously, though. Anyone chasing GLs without paying out the **** for an instant unlock is just asking for months of matchmaking heartache.
  • Options
    Bauhaus wrote: »
    My guess is that you're gradually working towards your first GL, meaning that you've bloated your roster with low-value relics and have yet to see a return on the investment. It's that awkward phase while growing your hair out... you'll definitely look stupid for a long while until there's finally enough to tie it back. But it was your decision to grow it out in the first place, so nothing to do but suck it up. And wear a hat.

Seriously, though. Anyone chasing GLs without paying out the **** for an instant unlock is just asking for months of matchmaking heartache.

You know you could just not equip the gear. Or even if you do then develop the 2 teams appropriately because they are not bad offensive teams.