Easy galactic war difficulty fix

Replies

• Options
    Unless you encounter a team that is both much stronger and heavy damage, you should win every time.
  • Options
    What you're talking about here is equality of opportunity vs equality of outcome. And I'll always go for equality of opportunity.

Everyone has the same difficulty based on their level, no exceptions.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    GW is hard? LOL i run Luminara (leader)/sid/consular/chewie/dooku lvl 52 and getting it cleared whole week straight , not sure where you found its hard?
    Blessed under a lie, Her last little weak "why?"
    The bloody end of a dream,
    She wears her crown on a head that's bowed deep down,
    The cry that she made was the cry of a dying child,
    Slit the throat and taste the cream!
  • Options
    For anyone wondering. I'm running a full team of lv 52/53 all with Gear 6 and Sidious with Gear 7:
    Sidious 6* 3800+ power
    Luminara 5*
    Luke 5*
    Daka 5*
    Dooku 4*
    Fives 3* Gear 5
    Phasma 3* Gear 5
    a bunch of other people hovering at around 50 with gear 4 or 5 including Talia, Jawa, Chewie, Consular

With this team, I'm encountering 3-4 full purple gear 7 teams in the past 2 days. Prior to that, I was on a 9 win streak for GW...The only thing I bought was the dark side starter pack. Today I had to fight a gear 7 kylo ren that crit my luminara for 5000 damage because I couldn't stun him with Daka or Luke. after that, I managed to finish the 10th battle but the 11th battle was a team of 56s and I only had sidious left and my B-team and C-teams

If your B and C teams are still alive your doing it wrong
    Blessed under a lie, Her last little weak "why?"
    The bloody end of a dream,
    She wears her crown on a head that's bowed deep down,
    The cry that she made was the cry of a dying child,
    Slit the throat and taste the cream!
  • Options
    GW is hard? LOL i run Luminara (leader)/sid/consular/chewie/dooku lvl 52 and getting it cleared whole week straight , not sure where you found its hard?

Yea I cleared it 9 times in a row too bro...read my post. Once you get hit with the RNG you'll understand.
  • Options
    What you're talking about here is equality of opportunity vs equality of outcome. And I'll always go for equality of opportunity.

Everyone has the same difficulty based on their level, no exceptions.

No, not really. People with barriss have a huge advantage over people who don't. Also, my proposed fix is meant to address the INCONSISTENCY between GW days. I don't mind it being hard, I just want it to be consistently hard and not occasionally completely broken.
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    Alternatevly, to fix the problem you describe, they could do any of the following:
    1. Give everyone 5 free level 60 7* gear VIII characters. No! 10 so you're promised victory.
    2. Allow players to use 10 sim tickets to complete GW instead of fighting it like they do for the missions.
    3. Move GW tokens from GW to the inbox, and have the mail come daily.
    4. Give the full reward on the first node, and then the rest of the nodes could just be for bragging rights.

Lol. I have only completed 3 out of 7 or 9, or so GW campaigns. Although I can not match Pilot's eloquent delivery, I do agree with what I think he is saying. I'm not so sure its supposed to be a given that you beat it every time.
  • Options
    Loce wrote: »
    Alternatevly, to fix the problem you describe, they could do any of the following:
    1. Give everyone 5 free level 60 7* gear VIII characters. No! 10 so you're promised victory.
    2. Allow players to use 10 sim tickets to complete GW instead of fighting it like they do for the missions.
    4. Give the full reward on the first node, and then the rest of the nodes could just be for bragging rights.

Lol. I have only completed 3 out of 7 or 9, or so GW campaigns. Although I can not match Pilot's eloquent delivery, I do agree with what I think he is saying. I'm not so sure its supposed to be a given that you beat it every time.
    Did you even read the OP? No where does he say that you should win every time, and the proposed change would only help you in 50% of the time, at best, since you'd have to lose for it to affect your next GW attempt.
  • SolidSnake
    50 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Quitting the app to restart is considered cheating according to the TOS. Just a drop of knowledge for those who unknowingly follow the suggestions in this thread.

I tried to find the statement in TOS but couldn't find the one you mentioned, would you mind suggest the source. As far as I know for the genre that SWGoH based on (Dot Arena based games e.g. Heroes charge, God rush, etc) this method of restarting the attrition battles (whatever each games called it: Galactic war, Crucible of Fire, Crusade, etc) is well known and acceptable and some even decided to add reset button in-game for convenience.

Please don't get me wrong I want to play fairly but from what I know this is standard for this genre. So if this method does violate the TOS please let me know so that I will stop immediately.
  • Options
    Couldn't find any mention in tos
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    So first of all I'll address the Luminara part. I got her from a Chromium pull before I even started Galactic War. With her I still lost every galactic war from levels 40-45. So there's a (biased) example of how that isn't a factor.

Secondly, if you get a debuff you can simply retreat then reenter the battle. Then you can continue as normal. Or use a hero who cleanses debuffs or use a leader with a tenacity boost e.g. Luke.

If you do end up losing on your first day then the difficulty goes down by a factor of 'X', then when you win a battle your rewards should also go down by a factor of 'Y'

Y is greater than or equal to X.

If you want equality of outcome (which is what this is) then you should have equality in rewards.

The simplest way to do this would be to have teir 1, teir 2, teir 3 difficulties like in the challenges. Then the rewards scale up along with the difficulty level.

12 battles completed rewards:
    Teir 1 - 400 crystals
    Teir 2 - 800 crystals
    Teir 3 - 1200 crystals

Or just leave it as is because it's completely fine.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Did you even read the OP? No where does he say that you should win every time, and the proposed change would only help you in 50% of the time, at best, since you'd have to lose for it to affect your next GW attempt.

LMAO. You are missing the the point by a Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot falen lancer. The point is....and the name of the OP is....Easy Galactic War difficulty fix....nothing is broken is the point. You can't fix what isn't broken.

I thought people talking about their struggles was just regular forum talk. Not that GW had to be fixed in any way. If you read enough posts you can start to see that some people use these forums to disseminate information, help people, and just plain ****. But some other people just use this forum to complain.
    DISCLAIMER: I am not speaking of anyone in particular, so don't aim your hate comments at me if your mad
  • Options

LMAO. You are missing the the point by a Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot falen lancer. The point is....and the name of the OP is....Easy Galactic War difficulty fix....nothing is broken is the point. You can't fix what isn't broken.

I thought people talking about their struggles was just regular forum talk. Not that GW had to be fixed in any way. If you read enough posts you can start to see that some people use these forums to disseminate information, help people, and just plain ****. But some other people just use this forum to complain.
    DISCLAIMER: I am not speaking of anyone in particular, so don't aim your hate comments at me if your mad

You can't just say it isn't "broken" when there are tons of posts in these forums about people being slammed with really strange power level teams at low levels. I'm simply trying to suggest something to improve the game that would allow for players to progress without resorting to exploits. It doesn't give them an advantage because people who CAN beat GW are still able to beat GW everyday while others who encounter really strong teams get a chance to compensate.
  • Options
    SolidSnake wrote: »
    Quitting the app to restart is considered cheating according to the TOS. Just a drop of knowledge for those who unknowingly follow the suggestions in this thread.

I tried to find the statement in TOS but couldn't find the one you mentioned, would you mind suggest the source. As far as I know for the genre that SWGoH based on (Dot Arena based games e.g. Heroes charge, God rush, etc) this method of restarting the attrition battles (whatever each games called it: Galactic war, Crucible of Fire, Crusade, etc) is well known and acceptable and some even decided to add reset button in-game for convenience.

Please don't get me wrong I want to play fairly but from what I know this is standard for this genre. So if this method does violate the TOS please let me know so that I will stop immediately.

Im not a tos reader by any means. That stuff is way too boring for me. Im not quoting the tos, i am quoting the developer who commented on on this forum to posts about it, stating that it was against the tos. So, for the bookwork, you guys are on your own.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    I occasionally have trouble with GW when the other team manages to megacrit a healer into submission, but otherwise it's not too hard. I agree with whoever has been saying that you aren't supposed to necessarily clear it with ease every day. If you have a deep bench and retreat strategically, you have a pretty good shot at clearing the board most of the time, which I think is as it should be.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options
    If your team could clear 12 rounds of 7* then you are meant to clear it daily :smile:
  • Options
    I'll throw a quick question here, doesnt feel important enough to open a thread. Just finished my first gw, at 47, as a fully f2p. Is it about right? Got lucky? My team/tactics sucks? Any response deep appreciated.
  • Options
    For a long time through the 40s I would be stuck in the 10 or 11th battle, it seems about right to me
  • xylitol0524
    59 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The_Doctor wrote: »
    I'll throw a quick question here, doesnt feel important enough to open a thread. Just finished my first gw, at 47, as a fully f2p. Is it about right? Got lucky? My team/tactics sucks? Any response deep appreciated.

That seems about right. I finished my first one at 40..got wrecked for 5 days in a row then from 45-53 I had a win streak. Yesterday and the day before i got 2-3 teams of 60s. Today the highest team i had to face was 55. My main problem with GW like I said in the OP is the INCONSISTENCY.

Edit: I beat today's GW with ease and the 55 I faced was a full purple droid + poggle + geonosian team. The main teams that were destroying me the days before consisted of Kylo Rens and Barrisses (all fully geared)
  • Options
    Can someone perhaps explain what "retreating strategically" means. I'm a lvl 45, not FTP but just $30 in with plans to only invest ~$10-20/month. I have 3-4 stars with lvl 5 gears on my starting squad and I get crushed at battle 9 consistently. No Luminara yet if that helps, a few days away from her...
  • Options
    You need a leader like lum or barris. You use the retreat when you want to dispel status affects or if you loose a charter in fight instead of fighting with 4 charters and potentially loosing the rest of your team, you retreat and bring in another charcter so you have 5 again. There are more strategies like subbing in hard hitters for a single attack or a healer for a quick heal
  • Options
    Darthmaal wrote: »
    Can someone perhaps explain what "retreating strategically" means. I'm a lvl 45, not FTP but just $30 in with plans to only invest ~$10-20/month. I have 3-4 stars with lvl 5 gears on my starting squad and I get crushed at battle 9 consistently. No Luminara yet if that helps, a few days away from her...

You always start with your FASTEST characters. After you've taken out 1 guy or have taken a bunch of damage, sub out the people who have taken damage and bring in more damage dealers. Leave the highest hp lowest dmg enemy for last. Afterwards, you bring back your low hp characters and heal them. Then, if you want, you can even retreat again, subbing out your damage dealers for REALLY LOW DAMAGE characters. Then your healers will be able to get their cooldowns back up. This is super effective if you leave someone like Chewbacca for last because he'll just keep taunting and healing himself.
  • The_Doctor
    50 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I usually start with secundaries and burn them out through first half. When things get tied, I go full damage first and take out their healers or heavy damage. Than I bring in healers, heal my heavy dealers, might or not take healers out. When stuff is controled, they have just 1 or 2 not so tough chars, I might bring healers back to refresh downtime. I retreat a lot.
  • Options
    Just wanted say thanks guys, used the tips on this thread and cleared GW today after only getting to 8-9 before. Granted my team is stronger now (just got Lumi!), but I cleared with only 1 strong character dead. Only rage quit once, most were tactical retreats.
  • Options
    I think an easy fix for people who are having problems completing GW would be that if you don't complete a GW for whatever reason (usually broken scaling), when you reset for the next day, the power level of your enemy teams should be temporarily lowered by a factor of x. When you do complete the GW, then the power level of enemy teams resets to the standard. This would ensure that people don't go on horrible losing streaks because of busted scaling.
    Yea I cleared it 9 times in a row too bro...read my post. Once you get hit with the RNG you'll understand.

I just wanted to point out the coincidence of reality and the proposed remedy to this player's "problem". The proposal is that upon losing GW the difficulty should be lowered in some way to improve the chance to win the next time. It appears that after 9 consecutive wins maybe the difficulty was raised to improve the chance of defeat.

I honestly don't believe that is the case, and I don't think they should change GW. The key to GW, beyond strategies, is to level and gear up as many characters as possible. And the point is, just like other parts of the game you eventually run into someone or something better than you and you lose. Wait 24 hours and try again.
  • Options
    Agreed, by the 2nd to last GW Path I faced a Kylo Ren fully geared Finn Fully Geared Sidious 6* fully geared, & about 4 levels higher then me, granted I won, but at the cost of ALL my GW Mains & my bench characters.
  • Options
    I'm sick of the total **** Galactic War battles. Absolute worst part of the game. No problem clearing in the low 40s. Now, no chance of clearing. I just get my 400 tokens and quit since the last section is ridiculously impossible. If I ever read of a fix or a change to this, I'll play it again. But otherwise, there is no point in playing this content.
  • Options
    Render wrote: »
    I think an easy fix for people who are having problems completing GW would be that if you don't complete a GW for whatever reason (usually broken scaling), when you reset for the next day, the power level of your enemy teams should be temporarily lowered by a factor of x. When you do complete the GW, then the power level of enemy teams resets to the standard. This would ensure that people don't go on horrible losing streaks because of busted scaling.

I just wanted to point out the coincidence of reality and the proposed remedy to this player's "problem". The proposal is that upon losing GW the difficulty should be lowered in some way to improve the chance to win the next time. It appears that after 9 consecutive wins maybe the difficulty was raised to improve the chance of defeat.

I honestly don't believe that is the case, and I don't think they should change GW. The key to GW, beyond strategies, is to level and gear up as many characters as possible. And the point is, just like other parts of the game you eventually run into someone or something better than you and you lose. Wait 24 hours and try again.

Where in my post did I talk about the game raising the difficulty because of consecutive wins? I don't understand what you are talking about. I suggest you read carefully next time before you respond.

I'm talking about being hit with 3 teams of purple 60s in a row with really strong characters like Kylo and Maul (both 5-7*) without any logical pattern. I'm lv 58 now and I have NOT encountered what I encountered previously when I made this thread. There's also a huge difference between facing 3x60 teams at lv 52 and the same thing at lv 57 (which I still have not had to do). This just shows that there's something wrong with the consistency of their system. I haven't lost a single GW since I made this post but I still stand by what I originally said.
  • Options
    You know I find it funny reading about people complaining about the difficulty of GW. It's not supposed to be easy! Hence why you can reap big rewards if you finish it. There are days I can finish GW fairly quickly and there are days I run into stacked teams deep in the run that usually kill off one or two of my guys per battle. Most of the time I can finish GW but every so often I run out of guys toward the end and can't do it. But I don't complain about nerfing the difficulty or whining that it's too hard. I take my lickings and start to train other people on my roster. It's unrealistic to believe you can finish GW without losing a few guys during your run. This is where you need to start leveling up other characters you don't usually play. If it takes a few days/weeks to accomplish this than so be it. Just makes it that more satisfying when you finally do complete a GW run. So in conclusion, there is nothing wrong with the way GW is set up. I enjoy the challenge and don't think anything should be changed on it.
  • Options
    So many words..Passionate even. :#

Umm.. Anyone got the TL;DR version?