Easy galactic war difficulty fix

13Next

Replies

• Options
    IAE3 wrote: »
    Galactic War is perfect right now. It's difficult (as it should be) but not impossible. It took about 2 weeks after unlocking it to finally complete my first board, but since then every day has been less of a strugle. It's all about strategy. When I hit level 52 I was facing level 60s but didn't give up. To beat those opponents I just had to be creative with my team.

My tips to you
    1. Use the retreat. It will save your life a lot

Yo ^

This a thousand times. It takes Time. And practice. While I'm all good facing overwhelming odds and such, it does take a lot of time to retreat, try other options. But not going to complain about that.

Think of GW as a training ground and the opportunity to test your lesser characters esp. on nodes 1-6.

It's easy to get 400 tokens to get 5 shards. At least no effort is wasted. Completion is nice but not an obligation.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    This is not a F2P issue only. My F2P account has beaten more GW than my P2P account, usually 1 team all the way. Go figure.

On my P2P account, I have 3 teams to go for it, and it has been a pain.
  • Options
    @Daeghaa what does each team look like? I think GW looks primarily at levels, not stars. A $100 Player may have refreshed Crystals a lot to speed up leveling, but may be falling short on stars.

Thise losing iften, and winning often RIGHT NOW, what are you chars and levels? I find it's very hard to beat a level 54 player with all 7 stars than a level 60 with average 4 stars. Also, I don't think the game accounts for abilities...if you get a stun chance +15% ability upgrade, the server doesn't care. But a team designed for arena (all 3 or 4 abilities maxed at 6) and one that is maybe abikity 3 average..now thise teams are amazingly different.
  • Daeghaa
    95 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @Daeghaa what does each team look like? I think GW looks primarily at levels, not stars. A $100 Player may have refreshed Crystals a lot to speed up leveling, but may be falling short on stars.

Thise losing iften, and winning often RIGHT NOW, what are you chars and levels? I find it's very hard to beat a level 54 player with all 7 stars than a level 60 with average 4 stars. Also, I don't think the game accounts for abilities...if you get a stun chance +15% ability upgrade, the server doesn't care. But a team designed for arena (all 3 or 4 abilities maxed at 6) and one that is maybe abikity 3 average..now thise teams are amazingly different.

6* lumi, Sidious and consular, 4* kylo and Vader on P2P. Level 59, although I'm 60. 1st backup team 5* phasma and Daka 4* barriss, chewie, Luke. Getting frequently lvl 60 most 6*, about same team than mine, some with Lando.

F2P 6* lumi 5* chewie, 4* Luke, consular and 3* dooku. Usually get teams in the same level than my toons, but manageable.

• Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    So many words..Passionate even. :#

Umm.. Anyone got the TL;DR version?

TL;DR

I made a post suggesting a fix to compensate for GW inconsistency in scaling.
    Some people agree. Some people disagree. Some people disagree without properly reading the post and think I'm whining about GW difficulty in general and offer tips I already know and have been posted dozens of times.
  • Options
    Having trouble with gw just stop lving and start gearing and staring that's what I did now I have stronger team
  • Options
    Where in my post did I talk about the game raising the difficulty because of consecutive wins? I don't understand what you are talking about. I suggest you read carefully next time before you respond.

I'm talking about being hit with 3 teams of purple 60s in a row with really strong characters like Kylo and Maul (both 5-7*) without any logical pattern. I'm lv 58 now and I have NOT encountered what I encountered previously when I made this thread. There's also a huge difference between facing 3x60 teams at lv 52 and the same thing at lv 57 (which I still have not had to do). This just shows that there's something wrong with the consistency of their system. I haven't lost a single GW since I made this post but I still stand by what I originally said.

@xylitol0524 - I do read carefully, I apologize if my uncommon words and phrasing did not come across clearly.

You didn't like losing GW due to coming across random powerful level 60 purple gear enemies and wanted GW to get easier if it happened. I was simply pointing out that the opposite may be true since you had won so many times in a row. I then stated in the second part of my post that I don't believe that is how GW actually works and provided the advice that you should work on building a deeper bench of heroes.

Maybe people should stop calling for nerfs simply because they have a run of bad luck.

• Options
    I used to be able to beat GW every day until yesterday or the day before. Since then, I find from the 4th or 5th node on, people with teams that have all fighters with purple gear and lots of stars. I manage to reach the last node using retreat and other strategies, but when I reach the last node all my good fighters are already dead (logical when the enemy can kill with one shot my 6* purple-gear full-health luminara, for example). Everybody but me seems to have the Vader-Kylo-Maul combo. This game is more and more difficulty every day that passes. Yesterday I found in pvp someone on top 500 with 19k power, and nobody on top 500 seems to have less than 16k/16.5k power. I think I'm stuck in one of the hardest servers.
  • shimmy
    200 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Another nice fix would be if my characters didn't have their stats just go out the window. I am in a GW right now and after 4-5 matches I have maybe 6 critical hits TOTAL. My first match was against a level 37 team (I'm level 53 with my characters 50-52) and I got NO critical hits. None, nada, zip, and it wasn't like the match took 3 seconds to finish. I'll add that the level 37 team was getting plenty of criticals and their leader wasn't anyone who grants an increase in that.

It is so frustrating that the more my team increases in strength, the less it matters in GW and somewhat arena. This is typical of EA games though as it is clear as day they program stuff to screw you as you actually have the nerve to get better.

I also like how when I have deployed Poe since I started to level him up, his exposed ability usually only lands on 1, MAYBE two people and somehow when I hit them it doesn't do much damage but I just had a match where the opposition had Poe, he deployed it, 4 of my 5 characters got exposed and the damage was massive on them. This was by the way, on a team that was a lower level than me.

But hey, the defenders say that's just me not knowing how to play the game and not the game cheating. Riiiiiight.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Prior lv40-50 I only able get into 8th battle and I didn't able to completed until lv51 when I have sid/lum plus retreat and quit app. Since lv51-57 i won over 13 time consecutive.

I still use retreat and quit apps especially on the 10th match .
  • Options
    GW should be a challenge that I totally agree with, but if I am expected to face off against 7 straight lv60 teams all with purple gear the ai proc rate needs to be turned down a hair.

Sorry for venting but it's meant as feedback if you choose to listen. Maybe I've just been unlucky the last few days....Right now it's feels ridiculous as in my latest GW there are no strategies in the world to make up for all 5 opponents dodges my Sid's AOE attack (never seen that before, usually hits 2-3), my Lumi's special attack getting dodged all attempts 6 games in a row. AI character dodging 5-6 times in a row even the few times they are stunned and so on and so forth.

Oh well, Hoping for a "smoother" day tomorrow.
  • Timba
    61 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    After almost two months and a half of playing the game, at level 60, soft launch player f2p(I only buy crystal subscriptions :) ), with a dozen and a half 60s, I still can't reliably beat the Galactic War. I've only managed to beat it once, after spending probably an hour and more, struggling with low level character baits and switches and stuff.

4lB3TZw.png

I'm running currently with a Luminara 5* (leader, some extra healing and dodging ) + Jedi Consular 4* healer setup and whatever damage dealers that I can use, Sid 7*, for healing debuff + high damage, Darth Vader 4* for the Ability Block + a 3rd, usually swapping him in and out depending on what I face ( 7* Chewie, 4* Ima-Gun Di, 4* Jawa, IG-88 4*- I've had him die in 1 hit from full HP -, and others).

From my point of view, my setup is not the best, but not the shabbiest either. With the time invested in the game (Two months and a half of daily logins, equipment farming, shards etc., arena, GW, abilities), it should not be 98% impossible (1in let's say 45?) for me to beat a daily GW. It's simply too punishing because of the enemies you get.

With the new Force Awakens update, it's become near impossible to beat this thing.
    • - If you get a Phasma, you're pretty much guaranteed to lose a healer or a low level HP character in one hit, unless he's a tanky bloke.
    • - With Kylo Ren, he'll do some nasty AOE then followed by nasty single damage, debuff and a DOT
    • - I've had two fights with a 5* Rey, she devastated my characters with over 7000 damage in a triple hit
    • - First Order tier Pilot overpowered as well.
    • - Finn out-speeds most things and taunt lands before you can burst something down.

From my 250-300 spot in the big league Arena, I've stopped playing Arena for a week to see if I can get some better battles, but I am disappointed to say that the enemies are the same, the latter half of the GW board is filled by 60 6-7*s, which I can do nothing against, other than try to micro manage and burn through my characters, hoping that RNG works in my favour and my healer doesn't get two shot.

The AI seems to be a bit at an advantage with RNG:
    • - I'm consistently seeing my healers (or other characters) getting focused, which I can do nothing against when you have 5 battles left and only three-four healers in your deck.
    • - I'm seeing very, very high percentages of procs, with Dooku attacking 4 times in a row, stunning everything. Leia attacking 3 times in a row, things I can't even counter. I've had my Chewie devastated from 13k hp to around 1-2k from a string of unlucky events from 2 characters once.
    • - Very high dodge chances.

I've given up and I'm not even trying anymore to beat this thing, I'm better off waiting for a nerf than to spend my time and nerves with this thing. If I loose any of my two main healers, I just reset or leave it be.

I hope some kind of solution , proposed in the first page, with reducing levels or at least parity with your team gets implemented.

Happy New Year,
    Timba
    Timba ~ f2p since October ~ on LINE timba_timba ~ [FTB]

• Options
    Render wrote: »
    Where in my post did I talk about the game raising the difficulty because of consecutive wins? I don't understand what you are talking about. I suggest you read carefully next time before you respond.

I'm talking about being hit with 3 teams of purple 60s in a row with really strong characters like Kylo and Maul (both 5-7*) without any logical pattern. I'm lv 58 now and I have NOT encountered what I encountered previously when I made this thread. There's also a huge difference between facing 3x60 teams at lv 52 and the same thing at lv 57 (which I still have not had to do). This just shows that there's something wrong with the consistency of their system. I haven't lost a single GW since I made this post but I still stand by what I originally said.

@xylitol0524 - I do read carefully, I apologize if my uncommon words and phrasing did not come across clearly.

You didn't like losing GW due to coming across random powerful level 60 purple gear enemies and wanted GW to get easier if it happened. I was simply pointing out that the opposite may be true since you had won so many times in a row. I then stated in the second part of my post that I don't believe that is how GW actually works and provided the advice that you should work on building a deeper bench of heroes.

Maybe people should stop calling for nerfs simply because they have a run of bad luck.

Your passive aggressiveness is not contributing anything. The opposite meaning what? GW gets easier as you level and gear your team? You can ask anyone here and the majority of the playerbase will tell you that's untrue except for specific milestones where you get a new healer or are able to get to gear 7 or 8 on certain characters. GW starts out easiest at lv 40 in terms of scaling and goes up from there. The whole point of my post is to address the "bad luck" you're talking about because it's a needless RNG factor that negates actual strategy in many cases.

Lv 60 teams of certain characters are easily beatable (e.g. chewie, consular, talia, etc.) but what is the point of randomly throwing a lv 50 player against lv 60 teams with stuff like Kylo, Phasma, FOTP? Please explain your justification for that scaling. There have been dozens of screenshots with these lv 60 battles happening within battles 3-6 for people who are under 55. I've been "lucky" enough to avoid these battles but from what I've encountered I can get behind people who are asking for an adjustment in how GW is scaled. I simply proposed a reasonable fix for people who are getting wrecked by scaling. Also, if you aren't f2p, don't presume that your experience is representative of the majority of the playerbase.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    If you don't have one of the best teams in the "Galaxy" then you lose. Everyone isn't meant to reach the end.
  • Options
    Agreed on your first statement, but still fun for me.

"Opposite" being that the premise of your argument is that broken "scaling" causes low level players to get "unbeatable" level 60 teams and thus lose GW. If this is true then the "opposite" should also be true, in that these players would also get incredibly low level and easy to beat opponents. I was simply stating that maybe your proposed solution was already in place, and was the reason you/others were eventually running into unbeatable opponents. The system had been increasing the difficulty each time you were easily winning until you lost.

The main point of my counter argument though has to do with this thinking that is expressed in your statement.
    The whole point of my post is to address the "bad luck" you're talking about because it's a needless RNG factor that negates actual strategy in many cases.

Randomness is at the core of all games. If there is a set defined progression it wouldn't be as challenging and definitely not as fun. Should you be able to beat GW with good heroes and appropriate application of strategy and abilities? YES. Does occasionally losing because you come a cross a battle you can't win mean GW is broken? NO.

GW gets easier as you level and gear your team? You can ask anyone here and the majority of the playerbase will tell you that's untrue except for specific milestones where you get a new healer or are able to get to gear 7 or 8 on certain characters.

I think you meant to say something different in the quote above. You said it's "untrue" leveling and gearing your team make GW easier, except when you do add a hero or increase their gear level (Which is what I said and believe is true). My point is when I/you get to 60 GW is going to likely have several level 60 opponents. With a deep bench of starred/geared/leveled heroes I/you will have a better chance of winning.

Lastly, from my reading p2p allows for faster progression and access to non-farmable 4* heroes, which from my experience have little relevance in end game versus 7* heroes. Though to answer the implied question, I am f2p level 58.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    People that are winning galactic war as I am seldom listen to someone having a hard time. Let the roles reverse and I bet they would be more empathetic. I agree that galactic war should not just keep getting harder once you've farmed some great characters and leveled them and geared them. Im still winning but its gotten harder. Using retreat way more often now and those that tell you they breeze through with one team vs 60s are either a-full of crap or b-not facing the difficulty that some are. Small minded people only empathize when they are in the exact same boat as another.
  • xylitol
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Render you speak as if your opinion is absolute. You clearly favour inconsistency and randomness in games while I believe it detracts from the experience. I dont think I'll be able to change your mind no matter how I make my argument. I have encountered 2 teams of only lv 5 jawas and i dont think that is fun either since gw is the only entertaining part of goh currently. Also, you are misconstruing my remark about leveling and gearing. I'm saying if you look at the trend, difficulty increases substantially as you gear and level up with the EXCEPTION of hitting specific milestones. Reaching these milestones e.g luminara is hampered by bad rng in gw currently.

Edit: weird my phone logged me into the wrong account or something
    Post edited by xylitol on
  • Options
    Timba wrote: »
    After almost two months and a half of playing the game, at level 60, soft launch player f2p(I only buy crystal subscriptions :) ), with a dozen and a half 60s, I still can't reliably beat the Galactic War. I've only managed to beat it once, after spending probably an hour and more, struggling with low level character baits and switches and stuff.

4lB3TZw.png

@Timba with that roster you should be able to beat GW in an hour often, if not all the time. We have the same 3 healers, you got Assajj extra that I don't. I just can't see the ability levels, but I guess you invested into the healing. If nothing else, I think you lack a little hmpf with damage units (like any of the pilots or Luke for example, though you got Tusken which is good).

You need to use "retreat" a lot: every time Sid does AOE, or tank does a taunt, retreat. To make sure you minimize damage on your units, take note of the speeds of each unit. Dooku > Sid > Poe > Lumi etc order. Check if, sometimes, an opponent team is made up of slow characters, because if they are, you need to make sure to load slow units on your end too (so you can retreat before they all fire their worst attacks).

Don't load healers/low hp units on an initial attempt with Sid or other fast AOE units, load a tank team, I use Royal Guard and Chewie a lot for those. Once Sid fires, retreat. Fives and Sid can take the damage as well, Sid heals quite easily. A strong Lumi can also survive this but Dooku loves to attack her with his special ability so I tend to avoid loading her in my team with any Sid/Dooku combination.

Good luck, message me if you want more tips ;)
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    I'll try abusing retreating more, I'll start tomorrow.
    Timba ~ f2p since October ~ on LINE timba_timba ~ [FTB]