Hux not gaining advantage on basic?

TimothyFinn
posts Member
edited August 2020
“ FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and gain 25% Turn Meter. If this attack is a critical hit, General Hux gains Advantage for 2 turns if he didn't already have it.”
I played through a whole battle in GeoTB with my FO clan and Hux gained Advantage when using his basic maybe 3 times total. I even tested it by using it several times in a row. It seems to be random. Unless there’s a mechanic in the GeoTB enemy toons I don’t know about, this seems to be a bug. (I’m aware I could have recorded it, my fault.) Anybkdy else see this issue?

Replies

• Options
    KausDebonair
    802 POSTS MEMBERJuly 31, 2020 7:55AM
    “ FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and gain 25% Turn Meter. If this attack is a critical hit, General Hux gains Advantage for 2 turns if he didn't already have it.”
    I played through a whole battle in GeoTB with my FO clan and Hux gained Advantage when using his basic maybe 3 times total. I even tested it by using it several times in a row. It seems to be random. Unless there’s a mechanic in the GeoTB enemy toons I don’t know about, this seems to be a bug. (I’m aware I could have recorded it, my fault.) Anybkdy else see this issue?

Yeah, that guy has seen it two weeks ago, with very similar typo. Stop spamming it, will you?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Did he land a crit?
  • Options
    Weird that some random person would copy/paste my post for no apparent reason.
  • Options
    FOO not giving turn meter on first special?
  • Options
    SithAmer wrote: »
    FOO not giving turn meter on first special?

Hux with a zeta on the opposing team if full FO?
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    He has to Crit without advantage to gain advantage. If you're running KRU lead Advantage is pretty much always being handed out.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    He has to Crit without advantage to gain advantage. If you're running KRU lead Advantage is pretty much always being handed out.

My apologies for possibly necroing this thread, but why couldn't CG code Hux's basic similiar to Jyn Erso when she has a 60% chance to gain Advantage regardless of scoring a critical hit or instead give him a 100% chance to gain Advantage on basic if all allies are FO and the current "crit without Advantage" mechanic otherwise ?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ManInWhite wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

My apologies for possibly necroing this thread, but why couldn't CG code Hux's basic similiar to Jyn Erso when she has a 60% chance to gain Advantage regardless of scoring a critical hit or instead give him a 100% chance to gain Advantage on basic if all allies are FO and the current "crit without Advantage" mechanic otherwise ?

They could, but they didn't. characters have subtle differences like this all the time. His kit is designed to work the way it does, most likely designed that way with a particular role or team in mind. changes like that may push the kit too far one way, or the other.