Please fix or nerf Dooku Leader evasion ability

Prev1
VOIDIAT
30 posts Member
edited March 2016
Please fix or nerf Dooku Leader evasion ability effectiveness percentage is almost imposible now win to a group with him as leader evenly sometimes same tunes have dodge and offence more than 3 - 4 times in a row attacking the same ones. Is frustrating and annoying for pvp evenly more than the teams that can achieve all the turns ahead please balance this better too. And im talking about full gear, 7stars, full ability mats and level on the characters as base point to talk. Tnx!

Replies

• Options
    Agreed. It's great for defense. Terrible for the game.
  • Options
    nope. who cares? Dooku have to be good because he good.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options

Uh wha u says? Just debuff his counters and I'll be happy.
  • Options
    stop complaining , nerf this, nerf that getting crazy, so everytime you have a hard time, nerf the character so I can win!
  • Options
    Figure out how to play against him. He doesn't need any changing
  • effdash
    150 posts Member
    Options
    The beauty of the Dooku-Arena is that it can ignore other metas. Sure, go ahead and be as fast as you want. Hit has hard as you can. G'luck trying to kill something you can't touch :)
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    I doubt anyone with a Dooku lead would want it changed. Personally I hate Dooku so much in this game I don't even want to use him. He makes things drag on and on. I avoid Dooku teams whenever possible.
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options
    I batting 1,000 against Dooku led teams.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku was 'fixed'. But the problem in this game is that AI procs much much higher than given %. If you use dooku as lead maybe it's a 15% dodge rate. But when you fight dooku leads it's so much higher than 15%. Same with daka and her Rez. If you're using her it's around 1/3 which is right but if you're fighting against her she seems to have a much higher Rez rate. And the auto Rez definitely is over 10% when you going against her
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    Options
    Oh wait, I had my first loss yesterday cause he luckily stunned the right character in the beginning.
  • Options
    let me SEE erm no.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    I doubt anyone with a Dooku lead would want it changed. Personally I hate Dooku so much in this game I don't even want to use him. He makes things drag on and on. I avoid Dooku teams whenever possible.

Top 3 in my arena is all dooku lead. I beat these guys most times but today the dodge rates were even more crazy so I couldn't take a top 3 spot
  • Options
    Dooku lead adds more RNG to the game. Not only do we have a solid chance to evade, those that do end up getting offense up, so it's doubly effective when a unit does evade.

While you can formulate a FEW strategies around his leader ability, ultimately, it still comes down to a bit of luck.

In essence, Dooku-lead doesn't hard-counter anything, really (save maybe Speed teams), but it incorporates a heavy dose of RNG into the game. Either way, you can't exactly rely upon it or expect it to be consistent.
  • Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »

Uh wha u says? Just debuff his counters and I'll be happy.

why? what is wrong with counters? no idea.

"evade" was means nothing when I was load the game. it means evade now. and that is nice. title are equal to mechanism - nice to see.
  • Options
    Out of 10 matches with dooku led team, you should be able to win atleast 8 with qgj or dooku lead. You run into the occasional bad rng with dooku teams where they dodge more than normal, but it not to the point of op'd.
  • Options
    Nope. They just fixed him. Which everyone asked for. Now you want him nerfed
  • Dredin
    20 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed this to be a major issue yet. Any word on Old Ben, his leader ability is actually a higher evasion than Dooku?
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    A nerf is not needed but what is needed is for the AI to stop having a higher proc rate than what is stated. I'm sure everyone has noticed AI procs way more than when you use the characters yourself. If his evasion says 15% then that's what it should be. And it's not the same like shard farming where the rates even out eventually. Character ability proc rates do not even out but is consistently higher for the AI
  • Options
    Dredin wrote: »
    I haven't noticed this to be a major issue yet. Any word on Old Ben, his leader ability is actually a higher evasion than Dooku?

Both are 15% at the current caps. Old Ben's, however, doesn't seem to grant the turn-meter on evade that it should (making it a bit useless for the moment).
  • Options
    heh, what AI have against player? higher proc rate only. AI stupid like my ex wife (or a little worse). give a chance to AI (please).
  • Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    Figure out how to play against him. He doesn't need any changing

Sure yo can win 1/5 normally...the better example of this is that all the top rank of my server is only dookus recently ...haaa and some speed Qui-gons left. If that is good example of game balance for you? For me is boring and predictable same that happend with the Droid - Geonosean team + Poe before they fixed for some more accurate and still playable.
  • Courier
    120 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku's reaction when he see his nerf threads: 25psnyc.gif

Joke aside, All evasion stat/leader skill got boosted, dooku just happened to be benefitted the most cause not limited by faction and giving offense up on evade.

The only workaroud for now is to field dooku lead team as well or 1-2 retry against same opponent with different moves/targets.
  • Options
    +1
    Dooku has way too many abilities compared to other toons in the game. Dooku did not need a buff,

give his leadership ability to a toon that actually needs it. ie Talia etc....
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    lunarwolf wrote: »
    +1
    Dooku has way too many abilities compared to other toons in the game. Dooku did not need a buff,

give his leadership ability to a toon that actually needs it. ie Talia etc....

Dooku was a main character that led the separtist and a sith..... Who is Talia in the main Star Wars movies?

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Meerava wrote: »
    Oh wait, I had my first loss yesterday cause he luckily stunned the right character in the beginning.

QGJ lead with Yoda on the team helps negate that happening. I've had a lot of luck fighting Dooku teams with QGJ, Yoda, Rey, Dooku, and Lumi.
  • Options
    I hate Dooku, but I'm farming him so leave him alone. I hate facing him maybe more than any other toon, but I can usually leave him for 2nd to last and pick off others that have other abilities first (blocks, stuns, anti-heal, etc.)
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    This needs to be addressed. It's impossible to plan battles in advance, no matter what team you put in if they only attack half the time they lose.
    I never asked for a Poe nerf, that could be countered with the likes of Ackbar/Han, but Dooku's lead needs to be nerfed so it only applies to Sith. If you disagree with this, you're straight out wrong.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    DV_27 wrote: »
    A nerf is not needed but what is needed is for the AI to stop having a higher proc rate than what is stated. I'm sure everyone has noticed AI procs way more than when you use the characters yourself. If his evasion says 15% then that's what it should be. And it's not the same like shard farming where the rates even out eventually. Character ability proc rates do not even out but is consistently higher for the AI
    Simple explanation to AI proc rates in games like these: AI either procs heavily, or very little when played against. If it procs very little against someone (or multiple people consecutively), the game typically records it as a "backlog" of lacking to meet the performance expectations, and then FORCES proc occurrence to occur at a high rate (consecutive dodges in this case) so as to balance it out and reach the value by averaging it out. Effectively, causing these "ludicrous dodge-counts" or "assists from EVERYTHING" (if Phasma-led).

However, these "crazy" frequencies DO NOT occur every single time (excluding the possibility in GW, since it's pre-determined and will happen identically if you continue to try the same patterns of actions with the same roster over and over).

Contrary to what many would have you believe, you don't always go into a fight against a Phasma-led or Dooku-led arena team and have them proc 90% of the time EVERY time. You go in, and either they proc sub-par to their value, on-par to their value, or super-par to the value. If sub-par when you faced them, someone that attacks them later has a higher chance to face their procs at super-par.

Additionally, folks also act like these high-frequency proc-rates never occur when they're controlling the characters/group, but it DOES happen, as well.

In essence, the long-term metrics show averaging out performance values to be on-par with the value modifier chances. Short-term sample sizes, however, lead to subjective opinions about "the AI ALWAYS has higher proc rates", and confusion over the behavior of mechanics in GW further skew individual perspectives.

If you understand the mechanics, however, the rates for Dooku's evasion are pretty accurate (via average). Additionally, the evasion rate he grants his team is pretty much on par with that of Luminara's evasion bonus when leading a full Jedi team (despite being 2% less from her).

Lastly, you should bear in mind that many forms of debuffs can now be evaded in addition to rolling against resists (as of 2+ weeks ago). While this doesn't mean much against things like Sideous's Deathstroke, where if the attack is evaded, the debuff is voided, it DOES, however, cause a significantly noticeable increase to dodge rate due being able to evade non-damaging debuffs (i.e.: Dooku's Lightning stun chance on secondary target, Daka's basic stun chance on secondary target, Poe's taunt for expose, Old Ben's special for offense down/ability block). THIS recent implementation of the mechanic is vastly increasing the noticability of evasion, as of late, and since Dooku's leader ability causes evades to proc offense up, it's one of the most apparent reasons for folks to isolate and call out Dooku (since it makes it even further noticeable).
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    You win some you lose some. You come here, you share pain.
    All pain aside, Dooku is fine where he is. Some matches are really terrible, others are more stable. Making new topics after every loss doesn´t help much.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Smithie wrote: »
    Dooku was a main character that led the separtist and a sith..... Who is Talia in the main Star Wars movies?

irrelevant. this is a game not the movie.

besides dooku was in only 1 movie (and the start of episode 3) and got hid head chopped off, should darth vader (aka Anakin) be 6x times stronger because he was in all 6 movies?