Finally got Rey to 7 stars!

Prev1
Backdragon
31 posts Member
edited March 2016
After months of daily grinding, I finally got Rey to 7* / Level 70 / and nearly max gear (Just need a few more insane 50-blowdryer things) I know a lot of other people have already done this, but I just had to share my accomplishment.

Op2qIMt.png
80D8WP7.png
zRANfar.png

My Ally Code, if anybody is interested is: 398-678-449. Yes, I put Rey as my team leader for Challenges in order to be a good Ally. I also have 8 other 7* toons. Only have a few Ally lots left, so come quick.

(Edit: Received about 40 Ally requests within as many minutes. I'm out of room now, obviously, so nothing personal if I didn't accept your request)
Post edited by Backdragon on

Replies

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Nice job! Request sent
  • Blizz
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Sent! I'm blizzaine
  • Options
    nice! I just got my Rey to 7* as well :) working on gearing her up

50 hair dryers just to get to gear 8 :(
  • Options
    nice! I just got my Rey to 7* as well :) working on gearing her up

50 hair dryers just to get to gear 8 :(

Yeah, and to get her to Gear 9, you need an insane amount of gear: 100 purple hair dryers + over 200 other pieces of purple gear. It will take me a month or two to gather it all. But worth it once I get it and she hits Level 80. :)

• Options
    Added and I made a screenshot of your arena stats; Win and Loss if you want to know pm or just tell me!
  • RamaGiizis
    59 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Backdragon wrote: »
    After months of daily grinding, I finally got Rey to 7* / Level 70 / and nearly max gear (Just need a few more insane 50-blowdryer things) I know a lot of other people have already done this, but I just had to share my accomplishment.
    My Ally Code, if anybody is interested is: 398-678-449. Yes, I put Rey as my team leader for Challenges in order to be a good Ally. I also have 8 other 7* toons. Only have a few Ally lots left, so come quick.
    Well done! I'm grinding her, actually I'm 154/80 (still hoping to unlock her from a pack, even if I'm not sure she pulls from bronzium :trollface:)
    In the meanwhile I've added you: maybe I can try the bō staff girl before I set her free from the holo cage.
    Rāma || 935 - 264 - 351 || LV. 80 || I've the bad habit of editing my writings soon after I've posted 'em
  • Haihs
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Gratz
  • Options
    RamaGiizis wrote: »
    Well done! I'm grinding her, actually I'm 154/80 (still hoping to unlock her from a pack, even if I'm not sure she pulls from bronzium :trollface:)
    In the meanwhile I've added you, so I can kindly try that samurai

You can see what full characters drop from packs. And Rey is not one of them :(

Although I think your idea is good, they may add her to an pack at some point.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    RamaGiizis wrote: »
    In the meanwhile I've added you, so I can kindly try that samurai

She doesn't drop from those. Only chromiums so I activated mine when she was only 4* and tried her out in GW until she was arena ready
  • RamaGiizis
    59 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Amalthea wrote: »
    You can see what full characters drop from packs. And Rey is not one of them :(
    Although I think your idea is good, they may add her to an pack at some point.
    DV_27 wrote: »
    She doesn't drop from those. Only chromiums so I activated mine when she was only 4* and tried her out in GW until she was arena ready
    You're right, devs have added chromium's pulls list; my bad I haven't checked it yet. Anyway I buy the 4x chromiums pack when I've extra crystals from Arena, so I can continue to hope (besides - and most relevant - she isn't Arena ready at 5*, at least on my server).
    Post edited by RamaGiizis on
    Rāma || 935 - 264 - 351 || LV. 80 || I've the bad habit of editing my writings soon after I've posted 'em
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats.
  • Options
    Congrats, it's nice to get the last star and start the whole process over again.
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Options
    nice! How long did it take exactly? And did you refresh her nodes or just do 3*3?
  • CollinF
    203 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    ubn87 wrote: »
    nice! How long did it take exactly? And did you refresh her nodes or just do 3*3?

I pulled her in December (4*) but didn't start farming her daily until sometime in mid January. So I guess it took a little more than 2 months. I rarely refreshed her nodes, although as I got closer to 7* I refreshed a few times. Today I spent all of my remaining gems to refresh her nodes 2 times each. There was no way I was going to stop farming her when I was at 97/100!
  • Options
    Congrats
  • Options
    Congrats! I have been working on her for almost two months. For a couple of those weeks it was only two nodes but for most of it has been all 3. I unlocked her in a pack and got her to 5*. She is sitting at 41/85 so I still have an eternity to go.

Out of all the chars I have farmed, she is by far the most elusive. I go days at a time without getting a single shard. I can't recall very many days where it rains them to make up for the dry days either. She has literally never showed up in my shipments or shard shop. Maybe I just have bad luck. I admittedly stopped refreshing her nodes because of farming gear etc at the same time so it's only the 9 attempts per day.

She has more or less turned into a side project. When I get there I get there.
  • TorShezada
    53 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Congrats and here's me thinking I did well today when I finally got her to 6* ;-) - seriously though great job!
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Options
    Oh, I also benefited from the fact that her shards have dropped twice in my Shard Shop. And several months ago they had an Event where the reward was 10 Rey shards for everyone. Those things were drops in the bucket, but certainly helped.

And also, for most of my farming, I only had 2 of her nodes unlocked. So I suppose if I had unlocked that 3rd node sooner, it would have gone much faster.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nice work! Ally request sent (Lucas Gregory in game)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Good job 7*ing her! I actually unlocked her yesterday so I have a bit of catch up to do, but hopefully will get there as well someday!
  • Options
    Congrats man/woman/other. I am 41/100 and looking forward to it.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    Nice work! Im so close! 87/100
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I'm still 50 shards away but I have her gear maxed out for now.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Oh, I also benefited from the fact that her shards have dropped twice in my Shard Shop. And several months ago they had an Event where the reward was 10 Rey shards for everyone. Those things were drops in the bucket, but certainly helped.

And also, for most of my farming, I only had 2 of her nodes unlocked. So I suppose if I had unlocked that 3rd node sooner, it would have gone much faster.

I've got almost 900 shard shop tokens just waiting for Rey. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Congrats. I have her at 71/100. Here's hoping I can get her finished before the end of April. Her drop rate for me has been abysmal.

I have her gear at max already. She's well worth the grind.
  • Options
    Congrats! I'm about to unlock Rey 77/80! It's a long road ahead :(
  • Jamito
    316 posts Member
    Options
    I need 39 more shards to reach 7* Rey. It's been a long farm but worth it. Congrats
  • Options
    94/100 here. Maybe ill have her complete maxed for a day before they raise the cap lol
  • Options
    Shattering femur bones everywhere.