GROUND WAR Assault battles Tier III done

Lockslay
138 posts Member
edited August 2020
That was the best configuration I found
JKLSky, JKR, yodas over 300 speed.
I didn't moved the mods
Before the next turn you have to be at cooldowns zero and eventually with someone (not Jolee) with TM pre charged to use heroes arise and give 100% TM to Luke stun everyone and decrease speeds! Play with GMYoda that steal overcharge, use phase special and so share buffs... imgxnh4gqsb7iwg.jpg

ga6dzor9yvbi.jpg
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Is mandatory in p2 or 3 I don't remember which 9ne, start the phase with TM precharged otherwise the B1s will continue generating TM and will kill them all
  • Options
    ylqiwsvfll1a.jpg
  • Options
    So, another gear lock? Get JLS or move away?
  • Options
    I think so mate! Probably someone will do that differently. But the only solution I found was decrease their speed that seems like over 2000! I hope someone will find a better solution
  • Options
    You can use Heroes Arise as the finishing blow at the end of each wave so that JKL enters the next wave with 100% TM. You need to have the stun ready as per above
  • Options
    You can use Heroes Arise as the finishing blow at the end of each wave so that JKL enters the next wave with 100% TM. You need to have the stun ready as per above

Nice tip!
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »

Tier 2 is for those who don't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »

It's not a gear lock - it's a character lock. And there are many of those in the game. Most people couldn't even beat the Wampa Bounty until they had Bossk. It's difficult to get Chewie without him or Dengar as well. Before CLS, people needed Teebo to clear Pit phase 1 :D The Raddus mission would be rough if not for HT. Unlocking 3P0 without Paploo and Wicket is really difficult. You get the point.

Incidentally, the rewards "locked" behind tier III AB and the ones locked behind GC relic-gates are no where near comparable.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Similar strat/comp here other than using GAS instead of Jolee.
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I don't think its a character lock since its the previous tier but juiced up stats like every other assault battle so far

JKL's kit happens to excel at PvE due to his speed reduction lead , I don't think they made it difficult to the point you need JKL on purpose if the Nightsisters Assault Battle is any indication

Someone claimed to do it without JKL but at that point i don't think its worth it
  • Options
    I finally was able to try tier 3 today with my jkl. Man I was surprised how easy it was. It took a few tries for the rng to line up so that jolee survived the initial onslaught but it was smooth sailing after that.

h55esw7f9dco.jpg

w2z3vbk6ddtj.jpg

I wish all of these battles could be like this.
  • Options
    My GAS kept killing the last enemy in a wave, so I went with this line up.
    gbqdu84w938e.jpg
  • Options
    Challenge Tier III enemies have 1000-2000 speed and pre loaded TM so the only feasible means to beat them is through nullifying that speed. So TM generation under EP, with Mando counters, or with CLS lead are the main ways to go. JKL just happens to nullify their speed in one neat package.

The couple exceptions I've seen are a few who have beaten Tier III Rebel Roundup with Boskk lead, and using SLKR KRU to clear places of power.
  • Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I finally was able to try tier 3 today with my jkl. Man I was surprised how easy it was. It took a few tries for the rng to line up so that jolee survived the initial onslaught but it was smooth sailing after that.

h55esw7f9dco.jpg

I wish all of these battles could be like this.

Good lineup, I tried with this squad and crushed it so thank you for the idea. Like you, it took a couple of tries before my R4 Jolee survived the first round. The second and perhaps more important part is for JKL to start each round at 100% TM so he can apply his speed modification ability to the enemy. For me, that meant finishing off each previous round with Heroes Arise. From there, just use GMY for his many turns to reset Heroes Arise and spread buffs as usual, Hermie for his healing and Master's Training. A good way to finish off my SWGOH experience.
  • Options
    You can use Revan instead of Jolee : as long as in wave 1 they kill someone else it triggers Savior and the jedi gets 100% TM so you can start the train with Hero Arise
  • Options
    Metasly wrote: »
    You can use Revan instead of Jolee : as long as in wave 1 they kill someone else it triggers Savior and the jedi gets 100% TM so you can start the train with Hero Arise

I tried that at one point, they killed revan 100% of the time :#
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options

I tried that at one point, they killed revan 100% of the time :#

Maybe your other toons are too strong lol. They always kill my G12 GMY first.

Finished ct3 with a G12 GMY and Revan thanks to this trick.
  • Options
    Won tier 3 with JKL... just pray Jolee stands
  • Options

Thanks for the tip