New Galactic Legends

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Darion wrote: »
    First impression, just got donkey kicked.

ie:
    • New Raid, CG canned
    • PVP (that is apparently too expensive)
    • new TW formats
    • maybe a new legendary event that doesnt require relics
    • maybe a new campaign tier or similar to MSF new campaign stories
    • maybe in guild battle modes
    • maybe the Mace rework/GR content we were told we were getting and expected (Not the mace part but I am sorry MACE-GATE seems like a pretty real thing)
    • heros fall event
    • more mando content
    • more frequent events
    • new Grand Arena formats

Give us anything please, and half of what I listed is CG certified: easy to do! simply just tweaking something that already exists. extremely dissapointed and thinking the Account Black market is looking hella nice rn.

Don't forget this, from nearly a year ago:

Q: We want a sandbox mode or a way to practice our teams against guild mates teams. Why won't you give us on the community's top requests?

A: CG_Vyeking - This is not only a popular request from players outside the studio, but is one of the most popular feature requests from players inside the studio. An engaging sandbox feature is an important part of the future feature set for SWGoH and, while we cannot tell you exactly when this feature will make it to the holotables, we can tell you with certainty that a plan for this feature is 'in-the-books' as the saying goes.

It's like they set aside all their work on gameplay and worked entirely on massive paywalls.

• EAS
    89 posts Member
    Options
    Darion wrote: »
    First impression, just got donkey kicked.

In a game with practically nowhere meaningful to use most of my roster. How can you justify this CG...

Having only just released the first GL's 4 months ago (first announcement of phase 1 Feb 10th) started the STEEPEST CHARACTER grind this game (to the best of my knowledge of all mobile gaming history); this is completely and utterly tone deaf to what the community is asking for,

Lets see what CG has done since the first GL event:
    1. Assault Battles Tiers 1-3 (hardly new content, simply turned the difficulty meter up)
    2. JKL (Mini Galactic Legend event, literally requires ~half the gear that a GL requires)
    3. Galactic Challenges (beta version - added new battle mechanics and thats it)
    4. Upgraded the framework (that they said wasn't broken I might add)
    5. Fixed a turn-meter mechanic
    6. Added a couple characters and reworked a few characters
    7. Modified the GL's AI so that they destroy everything on defense
    8. PACKS (MORE TERRIBLE PACKS)
    9. Oh and lest we forget negotiated with known cheaters

I am sorry this is the last thing the player base needed nor wanted, fun things to do would be nice; but wait... that would cost money and the CG way is 'if you cant thinly change a mechanic that already exists then it wont happen because money'. I am sorry but something to do is what the game needs.

ie:
    • New Raid, CG canned
    • PVP (that is apparently too expensive)
    • new TW formats
    • maybe a new legendary event that doesnt require relics
    • maybe a new campaign tier or similar to MSF new campaign stories
    • maybe in guild battle modes
    • maybe the Mace rework/GR content we were told we were getting and expected (Not the mace part but I am sorry MACE-GATE seems like a pretty real thing)
    • heros fall event
    • more mando content
    • more frequent events
    • new Grand Arena formats

Give us anything please, and half of what I listed is CG certified: easy to do! simply just tweaking something that already exists. extremely dissapointed and thinking the Account Black market is looking hella nice rn.

It really feels theres like 3 pelagatos working in CG headquarters.... not even walter white s car wash was so profitable by not doing anything 😂😂😂
  • Drim
    360 posts Member
    Options
    Even if GL Luke does not require Jedi Luke to unlock you will absolutely need him in the team to be viable in arena. Like the current GL SLK works just fine with his toons required to unlock him in arena but GL Rey needs all your best... GL Luke will be no different.
  • Options
    I guess I don't know precisely when the new GL events will go live, but I think this is terrible.

How many people will have completed 2 GLs + JKL when this event goes live? This is just too soon.

We'll see how things play out, but I really wanted to go SLKR after GL Rey, but for guild-support reasons (read: we're working to get better at LS GeoTB) I needed JKL and we don't know when the event recurs, so I had to go all in on that. I'm pretty darn close (2 more Stun Guns to get ROLO to g12, 2 more gear pieces each to get CHS and Lando to g13, everyone else done), so I'm hopeful as long as JKL doesn't return before Friday and lasts a full week. I'm confident, really, if JKL's event doesn't end for a full 15 days from now (starts next Wed night or later and lasts 1 week).

But then I have huge work to do to get ready for SLKR b/c I have no gear stash anymore. Since I didn't have a large number of Relic toons before the GL craziness started, I'm finding that all my Relic toons are chosen for me, and it's making me realize this:

The ridiculous GL requirements are standardizing rosters for a large % of endgame players. The exceptions are the krakens, who have everything relic'd anyway, and the few who really don't care about getting the GLs. But of course the people that don't care about the GLs are going to be entirely rare. Who plays this game so much that they have multiple relic toons but doesn't care about having the most powerful toons in the game? Sure there are some people, but not that many.

The end result of this, then, is to standardize PvP - the game mode with the most variety. Though even now it isn't perfect and people tend to reuse the same successful teams in TW & GAC, this heavy standardization of the relic roster is going to make PvP more boring, not more exciting.

And I was really looking forward to Mon Mothma as side character - a toon that had a wonderful, narrow role in which it excels but one that was entirely optional as she didn't affect the meta. I thought that was a great idea and a great improvement where people could feel more free to make their own decisions about what to prioritize.

But no.

I repeat: THIS IS TERRIBLE.
  • Options
    @Monomer
    You can't run two GL in the same team. There won't be any Rey/JML teams (thank god).

I honestly don't believe you, but hey. Find the quote from someone at CG, though, and you can prove me wrong.
  • Options
    @Monomer
    You can't run two GL in the same team. There won't be any Rey/JML teams (thank god).

I honestly don't believe you, but hey. Find the quote from someone at CG, though, and you can prove me wrong.

If you could then you'd see it in squad arenas etc.
    Possibly subject to change, but as it stands you can't have 2 GL's in the same squad

Imagine a squad like Rey, SLKR, Hux, JKL and GK in arena
  • Options
    @Monomer

"The ability to manipulate Mastery means Galactic Legends will be useful for a variety of teams but you can only have one Galactic Legend per team."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223442/what-are-galactic-legends
  • Options
    Why is that hard to believe? If they allowed it, the arena squads would have them both in. Check your top 50 and you’ll see NO team have both GLs.

So the answer is: ONLY zone GL per team.
  • Options
    If the goal is to have multiple top end characters that can all beat each other....then I am happy with 2 more (and please release another 4).
    Some will get them all, and I will exist in the murky waters below them where I try to pick one and hope it keeps me afloat.
    I play other games without any of the top end characters, and get excited when I get close to meeting the prerequisites for a legendary event. It’s hard for us to swallow here because for so long so many of us got everything right away. The problem isn’t two more GLs right now but that the cadence was so slow for 5 years that so many of us got accustomed to having it all.
  • Options
    I don’t disagree that a very small
    Percentage will have the other GLs and JKL unlocked-
    But I think we are well past the idea of playing this game on rails. We don’t know all the requirements yet but hopefully most of them end up being unique to these GLs.
    Newer players than us can farm and play and target any one of the GLs or legendaries without having to follow the cadence that we have.

I guess I don't know precisely when the new GL events will go live, but I think this is terrible.

How many people will have completed 2 GLs + JKL when this event goes live? This is just too soon.

We'll see how things play out, but I really wanted to go SLKR after GL Rey, but for guild-support reasons (read: we're working to get better at LS GeoTB) I needed JKL and we don't know when the event recurs, so I had to go all in on that. I'm pretty darn close (2 more Stun Guns to get ROLO to g12, 2 more gear pieces each to get CHS and Lando to g13, everyone else done), so I'm hopeful as long as JKL doesn't return before Friday and lasts a full week. I'm confident, really, if JKL's event doesn't end for a full 15 days from now (starts next Wed night or later and lasts 1 week).

But then I have huge work to do to get ready for SLKR b/c I have no gear stash anymore. Since I didn't have a large number of Relic toons before the GL craziness started, I'm finding that all my Relic toons are chosen for me, and it's making me realize this:

The ridiculous GL requirements are standardizing rosters for a large % of endgame players. The exceptions are the krakens, who have everything relic'd anyway, and the few who really don't care about getting the GLs. But of course the people that don't care about the GLs are going to be entirely rare. Who plays this game so much that they have multiple relic toons but doesn't care about having the most powerful toons in the game? Sure there are some people, but not that many.

The end result of this, then, is to standardize PvP - the game mode with the most variety. Though even now it isn't perfect and people tend to reuse the same successful teams in TW & GAC, this heavy standardization of the relic roster is going to make PvP more boring, not more exciting.

And I was really looking forward to Mon Mothma as side character - a toon that had a wonderful, narrow role in which it excels but one that was entirely optional as she didn't affect the meta. I thought that was a great idea and a great improvement where people could feel more free to make their own decisions about what to prioritize.

But no.

I repeat: THIS IS TERRIBLE.

• TVF
    36754 posts Member
    Options
    Calo_Nord wrote: »
    Seriously? No spoiler alert on new GL announcement. Bad form, CG.

What
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    I'm really disappointed that both GL's at least unlocked are not required for these. This would of kept players on a same path of unlocking toons so to not "skip ahead" to get these and not Rey and SLKR. Bad move on CG's part..
    wl69kq1w4pt2.jpg

You’re too funny...
  • Options
    Thanks, Monomer!

I'm not happy to be proven wrong because I would have liked to put JML and GLRey on the same squad, but it's better to know what the limits are going in than be surprised later.
  • Options
    I wonder if GL Luke will have a lightsaber? If so will it be his original saber he used for his holojedi fight with Kylo, or his green one?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    That's pretty much it for ftp. As a veteran and very light spender, I managed to keep a pretty good place in the game. Sure, I was usually one or two major releases behind, but that's to be expected. Now, it seems that for every GL I get, two more are released. Maybe one and a half if I ignore everything else. The backlog will only get bigger, the disadvantage worse. The death spiral starts.
    The only thing that could change it is a new influx of gear, but as we see with GCs, that's not happening.
  • Gavsta
    203 posts Member
    Options
    I dunno what to say...
    ... whatever is said... it's ignored and ploughing along with the introduction of another couple of extensive farms is presented to us.
    We shouted from the rooftops the ridiculous requirements for the first set of GLs... and here we go, 4 months after the last set were released.... another 2.
    I'm sure metrics, analytics...etc ... all say its fine to release them.... & it'll bring in the $$$$ .... but, overall... we're just going to like the game a little less... and less... until we don't want to play.

I'm not angry, just disappointed that the game is now focussed less on gameplay... and even on the 'collection' aspect of the game.... and more on the farming of gear & materials.

New game mode right now is 'meh'🤷‍♂️
    .... so we don't have any decent new content to play... and just after I was hoping the game turned a corner with the Vader rework, Mon Mothma release, Mando stuff & Threepio.... it was just more characters, no gameplay & now 2 extra GLs in the mix when I've only farmed one, & too focussed on Luke to get the other.

This is not fun... it's not interesting... and it's not engaging.

What is keeping me in the game us the community & my guild stuff... beyond that... the game keeps presenting elements that makes less & less enamoured with where it's going.... which .... if it keeps at it... it'll start to rapidly lose its player base.
    I say this as I'm pragmatic and hopeful.... but (& I hope someone out there is listening... probably not) being leveraged to farm a dozen or so characters to relic is not fun, its not engaging & its not interesting... at any level.

I'm just waiting for a level increase, a mod level increase & a further relic level increase just to truly make the daily play of the game that extra bit arduous & pointless.
  • Options
    EAS wrote: »
    I have rey and kylo ....the worst experience in my 5 years playing this game ...and whenever you thought 2020 couldnt get worse this guys come up with this

With CG things always can get worse.
  • Options
    With CG things always can get worse.

The reverse Howard Jones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OO9LloDSJo
  • HenriqueAA
    82 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    The game is dying... These new galactic legends are proof that CG doesn’t care about players who don’t spend money! The arena is terrible, full of legends and now will be even more full! The game has a lack of funny modes that doesn’t require you to train your characters hardly. CG should do something about these outdated daily challenges and Galactic War and rework some characters! They simply doesn’t care about the non paying players and this is very frustrating...
  • Options
    Not to mention unless you're one of the small number of FTP that has guessed right at each meta for 2+ years and horded a motherlode of crystals, you're probably finishing up only 1 of 2 pre-existing GLs just as these are announced.
  • Milolyen101
    59 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I don’t understand the anger and hostility around adding more GL’s. One of the biggest aspects of this is resource management and making the most of what you are given. It will be about choices.

How many complaints has this board seen about people complaining that there is no variety in the game? GAC is boring because everyone has the same defenses and so it’s just a matter of who does a better job of clearing.

Well with the whales and krackens aside, those that are working towards one will have choices ... this time you may go against Rey and SLKR then next time you may go against SLKR and GL Luke or some other combo.

Everyone acts like you have to go for all these chars as soon as they come out and that’s not the case.

*edit* the far better complaint is that there is still nothing to do with a full roster and all those chars we have collected and built over the years (for those that have been playing that long)
  • TVF
    36754 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    HenriqueAA wrote: »
    The game is dying...

Good thing the game has a MT lead and Daka and Zombie for allies.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I don’t understand the anger and hostility around adding more GL’s. One of the biggest aspects of this is resource management and making the most of what you are given. It will be about choices.

How many complaints has this board seen about people complaining that there is no variety in the game? GAC is boring because everyone has the same defenses and so it’s just a matter of who does a better job of clearing.

Well with the whales and krackens aside, those that are working towards one will have choices ... this time you may go against Rey and SLKR then next time you may go against SLKR and GL Luke or some other combo.

Everyone acts like you have to go for all these chars as soon as they come out and that’s not the case.

*edit* the far better complaint is that there is still nothing to do with a full roster and all those chars we have collected and built over the years (for those that have been playing that long)

The heck do i do with the upgraded characters? If CG would give more entertaining modes for gameplay, the cash grab would not seem so desperate.
  • Options
    marxuke wrote: »

The heck do i do with the upgraded characters? If CG would give more entertaining modes for gameplay, the cash grab would not seem so desperate.

And that’s my issue but not just with the required chars they are requiring us to gear for these but with the roster as a whole. Hence the edit part I added in.
  • exile038
    138 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    BioHazard wrote: »
    What do you guys think the other requirements will be? For Luke, I suspect Hermit Yoda and either JKA or General Skywalker since Obi-Wan, Luke and Anakin were the three most influential figures in his journey to becoming a Jedi. I can't see them making Darth Vader a requirement when he is already needed for Palpatine. For Palpatine's requirements, I can see Tarkin and other Sith Lords being required, like Revan and Malak, since Palpatine is now the Emperor of the Sith and he is "all the Sith".

Tuskens, Sing, and Gamorean guard. Ugnaught too since Luke was at cloud city and so were the Ugnaughts
  • HenriqueAA
    82 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    GeneralToa wrote: »
    WHY WHY WHY? Capital Games! Give us more then "hey spend money on this!" Cmon man. This is really not hard. You suck at everything that is "Free" and put all your time into the next Wallet opening event!

That’s what I’m thinking! All free content in the game is trash and outdated! Capital Games is focusing only in “pay to win” players! They are continuing to ignore us! This is a total lack of respect with the other players! CG release this legends and think everyone is ok with that! Frankly... I’m almost done.
    Post edited by HenriqueAA on
  • Options
    This game isn’t even fun anymore. The devs don’t seem to care about the players, just money.