Worst choices for new GL

Prev1
MADMAN3199
75 posts Member
edited August 2020
Why couldn’t CG have waited to use JKL for a GL since he’s way more liked and not a grumpy old man that shows up like a hologram doing matrix rip off moves and then disappearing and this palpatine got killed so fast and easily by Rey who imo wouldn’t be strong enough to defeat palp. There’s already a lack of new modes that give good rewards without you having to have high relics so those would be better than new toons but if they insist on releasing more toons then these sequel characters aren’t at all “Galactic Legends” when compared to many other Star Wars characters.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    I kinda knew that the GL Luke will be Hermit Luke after they released the JKL event.

I was hoping for a Master Kenobi and Darth Vader (Anakin) really.
  • Options
    I'm confused. I thought everyone loved The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker?

I'm looking forward to playing this event in early 2021. Hopefully it is like the last Galactic Legends event where I fight the same battles dozens of times.
  • Options
    khdelboy wrote: »
    I kinda knew that the GL Luke will be Hermit Luke after they released the JKL event.

I was hoping for a Master Kenobi and Darth Vader (Anakin) really.

Both of those would have been better and my guild would actually farm them but at least a 3rd don’t care much for sequel toons
  • Options
    Agree with the above. 4 GL's in the game and all from the disappointing ST.

The suggestion above on 2 from the PT would have been my preference also.

On the plus side, I am very pleased to see Admiral Piett in the game at last.
  • Options
    Can't wait for master Luke's ultimate "turn up and distract kylo for 10 minutes while everyone else runs away, then die"
  • Options
    I think the version of luke they are going for is the one depicted doing the crait battle - I wonder if he’s gonna use the green or blue saber.

Or it could be hermit luke who can summon his own body
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    I think the version of luke they are going for is the one depicted doing the crait battle - I wonder if he’s gonna use the green or blue saber.

Already decided I am going for palps, but Luke had better have an ability that allows him to be immortal for x amount of turns. Maybe when he does come out of it, he dies but all other allies gain 50% of Luke’s total had health and protection. Maybe offense as well...

• Shaddess
    221 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    As long as the can both solo the sith raid i really don’t care. Tired of my choice for going for rey biting me in the ****
  • Options
    I really hope Lukes Special is squeezing tit juice into his mouth and spitting in peoples faces.
    Or dying so you cant hit him.
    or throwing his old light saber at someone - extra crit VS reys face
    hiding behind rock so you cant hit him?
  • Options

Already decided I am going for palps, but Luke had better have an ability that allows him to be immortal for x amount of turns. Maybe when he does come out of it, he dies but all other allies gain 50% of Luke’s total had health and protection. Maybe offense as well...

Add speed to that too. Or kill the enemy GL. Going for Palps? Is it me or does he have a Zombie Heff thing going on?
  • Mastersbgames
    222 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

Add speed to that too. Or kill the enemy GL. Going for Palps? Is it me or does he have a Zombie Heff thing going on?

If Luke has the death but gives huge stat boosts to his team, maybe palps has a revive that can’t be resisted(kinda like zombie, but only once at 20% of his health...) when he takes his first turn after reviving, he deals damage equal to 20% of his max HP to all units on the field and heals back to full health and protection. If any unit is defeated by this attack, he gains an bonus mastery. Maybe have him revive at 50% turn meter though... this would ensure he isn’t to OP, and can be taken down after he revives...

Same for Luke. If you can take out Luke when he is “taunting”, he doesn’t give out any bonus stats. But make it difficult to take him out. Like he gains an undispellable tenacity up, defense up and gains an additional few stats, but make it still possible to take him out...

• Options
    Damon_Skye wrote: »

They should also give Piett Tarkin's ship and change the art. Executrix was a super star destroyer.
  • Options
    Damon_Skye wrote: »

They should also give Piett Tarkin's ship and change the art. Executrix was a super star destroyer.

That super star destroyer was Executor but Piett with a capital ship would be nice
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    MADMAN3199 wrote: »
    Why couldn’t CG have waited to use JKL for a GL since he’s way more liked and not a grumpy old man that shows up like a hologram doing matrix rip off moves and then disappearing and this palpatine got killed so fast and easily by Rey who imo wouldn’t be strong enough to defeat palp. There’s already a lack of new modes that give good rewards without you having to have high relics so those would be better than new toons but if they insist on releasing more toons then these sequel characters aren’t at all “Galactic Legends” when compared to many other Star Wars characters.

This is exactly what I was saying in the character section and event section for JKL.

Why couldn't CG have GL level toons across the saga, instead of pandering to the critically disastrous Sequel Trilogy (ST).

JKL is an icon of the Original Trilogy (OT) while Anakin is that of the Prequel Trilogy (PT).

I do not complain that Jedi Rey and SLKylo were GL, JKL and GAS should have been as well, and don't get me started on their Villain counterparts.
    All we are seeing is pandering to the ST and its characters which undeniably fractured the fandom of this great franchise.

CG - this isn't what we want.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Sebek wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »

This is exactly what I was saying in the character section and event section for JKL.

Why couldn't CG have GL level toons across the saga, instead of pandering to the critically disastrous Sequel Trilogy (ST).

JKL is an icon of the Original Trilogy (OT) while Anakin is that of the Prequel Trilogy (PT).

I do not complain that Jedi Rey and SLKylo were GL, JKL and GAS should have been as well, and don't get me started on their Villain counterparts.
    All we are seeing is pandering to the ST and its characters which undeniably fractured the fandom of this great franchise.

We? I want a new Palp and Luke

I am not complaining we are getting new versions of Luke and Palp, I am stating that making these ST versions GL status toons is over and above and is nothing but pandering to Disney.

Galactic Legends should be showcased in this game of key characters - heroes and villains across the saga. JKL and GAS easily should have been Galactic Legends. Why are all GL status toons in this game from the Sequel Trilogy only? especially when the latest trilogy created such division in the franchise.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Funny. ‘Grumpy old man’ seems to fit much of the posting here. They could easily have found worse options. I say this as someone who personally thought the sequel trilogy could have been much better but find the sheer hatred many have for it mind boggling, especially people who thought the prequel trilogy was somehow better. Of the three only Last Jedi Is arguably worse and of the prequels only Revenge of the Sith MIGHT be better than some/all of the sequel trilogy.

Yeah, Luke certainly could have been handled better. But someone who at least had the knowledge/skill to be considered a master should be a legend rather than a new Jedi Knight.

No, you are wrong here on soooo many levels.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be game related.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I am not complaining we are getting new versions of Luke and Palp, I am stating that making these ST versions GL status toons is over and above and is nothing but pandering to Disney.

Galactic Legends should be showcased in this game of key characters - heroes and villains across the saga. JKL and GAS easily should have been Galactic Legends. Why are all GL status toons in this game from the Sequel Trilogy only? especially when the latest trilogy created such division in the franchise.

At least for Luke we have a full path traversing the whole saga.

we see a similar (just slightly shorter) path for Kylo and Rey, but that is dues to the time they have been released in cinema.

I'm sure we will see more as time moves on, but there are very few key characters that really had a transformative journey in the way Luke or Rey, or even Kylo did, that is depicted in canon source material.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

we see a similar (just slightly shorter) path for Kylo and Rey, but that is dues to the time they have been released in cinema.

I'm sure we will see more as time moves on, but there are very few key characters that really had a transformative journey in the way Luke or Rey, or even Kylo did, that is depicted in canon source material.

Anakin has a transformative journey(I think more than Rey or kylo) and Luke’s is better shown in the books that are more canon than the ST will ever be
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Anakin has a transformative journey(I think more than Rey or kylo) and Luke’s is better shown in the books that are more canon than the ST will ever be

I agree about Anakin, and we will likely see a GL version of "young vader" or even DS Anakin. There is room for them to show his multiple stages.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Options

I agree about Anakin, and we will likely see a GL version of "young vader" or even DS Anakin. There is room for them to show his multiple stages.

Although there is room for a fledgling/newly anointed "Darth Vader/Fallen Anakin" character (end of ROTS), we already have JKA, GAS and Darth Vader. None of which were released as "story" characters in the game, unlike say Rey and Luke.

How could CG really move forward with a Vader character development arc for the game?

Additionally Fallen Anakin is yet a stepping stone transitional period for Anakin, the end result we already have: Darth Vader. Although that version has been shown some love lately, would it be possible to see a more OP Vader in the future "Lord Vader" - perhaps a battle damaged look, revealing his scarred features under a cracked helmet? That could be very cool indeed.
  • Options
    I'm with the one or two guys here that actually wants Old Luke. Excited to get him. The sequels can burn, but old luke was awesome.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    YarikCaski wrote: »
    I'm with the one or two guys here that actually wants Old Luke. Excited to get him. The sequels can burn, but old luke was awesome.

Agree that Luke was Awesome, but i like the Sequels

Old Luke was awesome? lol - no he wasn't, and neither are the sequels.

xqmkqoiwci22.jpg
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    k
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

xqmkqoiwci22.jpg

Subjective Opinion is Subjective

Except it isn't subjective - there is the truth/fact and then there is those who simply fail to see.
  • Options

xqmkqoiwci22.jpg

Except it isn't subjective - there is the truth/fact and then there is those who simply fail to see.

There is indeed the truth/fact and those who fail to seem them. For example: Your failure to see the fact that sebek is correct due to your other failure of being unable to distinguish you opinion from actual facts
  • Options
    Ichiraikou wrote: »

xqmkqoiwci22.jpg

There is indeed the truth/fact and those who fail to seem them. For example: Your failure to see the fact that sebek is correct due to your other failure of being unable to distinguish you opinion from actual facts

The truth/fact is that Luke cares about helping people through the whole OT and even knew there was hope for his father even after yoda and obi wan thought he was lost forever but in TLJ he was written as a completely different person.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I thought this thread was going to be game related.

Past me has much in common with present me.