Mace Windu - Kit Rework Idea

Yoda_the_fast
127 posts Member
edited August 2020
Basic - Invincible Assault - Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Defense Down for 2 turns. If Mace is above 50% Health, this attack deals double damage. If Mace is below 100% Health, he recovers Health and protection equal to the damage dealt.

Special - Smite - Cooldown 3 - Deal Special damage to target enemy, dispel all buffs on them, and then inflict Stun for 1 turn and Speed Down for 2 turns. This attack can't be evaded or resisted.

Unique - Vapaad - Mace is immune to Buff Immunity. At the start of the encounter and when another Galactic Republic Jedi ally is inflicted with a debuff, he gains Taunt for 1 turn. (ZETA: While he is taunting, he has +25% Tenacity, +25% Critical Avoidance, and +50% Defense. While he is not taunting he has +25% Potency, +25% Critical Chance, and +50% Offense.)

Unique - Shatterpoint - Mace has +50% counter chance. At the start of each of his turns, all enemies are Exposed for 1 turn, which can't be resisted. Exposed enemies have -20% speed and can't evade.

Feedback is welcome!
Post edited by Yoda_the_fast on

Replies

• Yoda_the_fast
    127 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Sure, and thanks for checking the kit out. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Overall it's definitely an improvement over what we currently have. However, I don't think it enough. The biggest problem is his survivability. Only his basic can heal him and only while he's below 50% health. Considering he has (slightly) below average max health and (slightly) above average max protection, that's not going to help much. Especially once you realize his Physical offence is by far one of his worst stats (and one of the lowest in the game). So the recovery on his basic isn't going to hep much, if at all. Especially considering how much he is going to be taunting. He will be dead in no time.
    Another thing I don't like is how Critical Hit focused Shatterpoint is. At relic lvl 0 Mace has 25% Physical critical chance, which is only increased to 40% at relic lvl 7. plus his special critical chance (which isn't affected by relics) is only 18%. He has one of the lowest natural Critical Chance stats in the entire game. So focusing that much on critical hit's feels wrong to me, but it isn't bad. It does allow him to actually score critical hits at a somewhat consistent pace after all.
    The final thing I don't like is that the Taunting and not Taunting bonuses are split among 2 different abilities. Why? it's clearly an if else type effect, so it should be in the same ability. But it's not, which really bothers me.
    There are a few things I like thou. Mace's Special Offence, Resistance and Armour are all really high (resistance is the highest in the entire game, and his Special offence is about equal to Grand Master Yoda's), so him being a tank with damage potential makes sense to me. But if he's Tanking (especially if he gains taunt that easily and often), he needs to heal more consistently, and preferably also recover protection. Otherwise he's a punchbag that's really quickly worn out.
    I did a Mace Windu rework idea myself Quite a while ago. Check it out, if you're interested: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228230/mace-windu-rework-idea-galactic-republic-jedi
  • Yoda_the_fast
    127 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    How about this @Ichikarou . (I want you to review this before I officially post this)

Basic has protection and health recovery equal to the damage dealt while under 100% health.

Special is the same.

First Unique will gain the "While he is not taunting he has +25% Potency, +25% Critical Chance, and +50% Offense."

Second will lose what was gained by the first unique. Then I'll add 50% counter chance (so he can recover health and protection by contering) and take away the minus 35% crit avoidance.

Sounds good?
  • Options
    How about this @Ichikarou . (I want you to review this before I officially post this)

Basic has protection and health recovery equal to the damage dealt while under 100% health.

Special is the same.

First Unique will gain the "While he is not taunting he has +25% Potency, +25% Critical Chance, and +50% Offense."

Second will lose what was gained by the first unique. Then I'll add 50% counter chance (so he can recover health and protection by contering) and take away the minus 35% crit avoidance.

Sounds good?

Sounds pretty good. Let's do that.
    Have you seen my version of him already? I'm pretty proud of it.
  • Options
    Seen it, and I have a few problems with it, like that the basic is really the same. Wait let me explain. Recovering 35% protection and the health steal really don't make sense whether they have shatterpoint or not. The special is kind of op, but it's OK. Good on the unique's though, but the bonus damage from Smite would trigger a lot of damage, too much. So except the basic and the OP problem with the special, it's a very well organized kit. Well done!
  • Options
    Seen it, and I have a few problems with it, like that the basic is really the same. Wait let me explain. Recovering 35% protection and the health steal really don't make sense whether they have shatterpoint or not. The special is kind of op, but it's OK. Good on the unique's though, but the bonus damage from Smite would trigger a lot of damage, too much. So except the basic and the OP problem with the special, it's a very well organized kit. Well done!

I'd rather discuss things about my kit on my post, as having the 2 kit's mix here would be pretty confusing. But I would like to as what doesn't make sense about the basic. Also, is the special really that powerful? or is it shatterpoint that makes it powerful? It's kinda confusing. But glad you like it.
  • Options
    Sorry, I'll go to your original post next time. What is mean is, there is no stacking synergy with shatterpoint and protection recovery, and no shatterpoint with more damage and health steal. It's not a amjor problem, though. Most probably, as a tank that counters (and ignore's taunt), maybe after one or two turns, the entire enemy squad with have shatterpoint. And if mace uses smite, with the enemy having most probably shatterpoint, all other enemies will most probably have shatterpoint too, making mace dealing damage to all enemies, dispelling all buffs on them, and dealing bonus damage equal to 35% of the enemy's Max Health. So I hope you get what I'm saying. Again, thanks for the feedback on my kit.