Royal Guardians of the Galaxy-Looking for shard mates- Krey, Amish Ace, BlackRangerVortex, Arillian

Prev1345
Texwegian
16 posts Member
edited April 2016
Who else is looking forward to the combat rework, cause it's a bit ridiculous how dooku has replicated across our shard.

Gotta give props to the Mol Eliza holding with Phasma and Quixote still running QGJ, which seems fitting considering his name.

Anyway, back to getting the ewok murder bears ready for when the changes are made.

Texwegian
Post edited by Texwegian on

Replies

• Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    There are a few of us here. Combat rework should be fun. Will be hard to manage switching up teams on the tail end of a level increase though. Gonna have to balance those credits.
  • Options
    Yeah, not looking forward to making blind bets about where things will be shifting based on the future combat update, but what can you do.

Combat rework is needed even though I'd hate to see my rey nerfed. Here's hoping the characters I've been farming up end up working out.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    I am just collecting interesting characters at the moment. I figure if I can get a number of guys to 5* or 6*, they will be within striking distance to usefulness. So if one of them becomes the new "it" character, it'll only take me a week or two to have them arena/GW ready. Or, at least, as long as it isn't one of the hard mission only farms. My RG is almost 6* though!
  • Options
    Same here, hence my Ewok team. They amuse me.

Halfway up to 6 stars for my Ewok Scout. One node shard farming is rough.
  • Options
    Hello!

I'm paying for my Dooku refusal right now (or not getting paid as it is)!

Hoping for another shift soon. I'll be OK though. Haven't been playing as intensely the last week or two.

I'm mostly hoarding and collecting shards without promoting.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    Hey!

All of the above ☺

I decided to farm RG at the start for no real reason and it worked out well. I vowed ages ago to get Finn so I'm working on him atm, only just unlocked him. And Ewoks, just because I started scout early so have him 15/100 and Teebo done.
  • Options
    Yeah RG is a beast with the rework they did. Wish mine had more stars on him.

How is Scout at 6 Stars? Got Elder at 6 and he's great, wish he healed a bit more, but that revive is so clutch.
  • Options
    He's alright, can't compete yet though. Will be interesting to use a full Ewok team.

I borrowed a 4* GG today too just to see him and he was a lot of fun.

I'm still concentrating on an Empire team though; RG, Snow & Tarkin up to 7*, Magma 5* and getting Vader shards whenever they come in ****, which isn't often tbf but up to 29/85.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    You know, I have seen Amish Ace post in the forums before, but he hasn't posted to this thread yet.

And guess who's currently sitting in the #1 spot...
  • Options
    Yeah I couldn't snipe anybody last night and was stuck at 6th. **** baby getting in the way of timing ;)
  • Options
    Out of interest, is there anyone in our top 20 who you struggle against, or just generally annoys you to face?
  • Options
    RNG Obviously. Gotta love to hate those Dooku dodges and when Dakka goes crazy with revives and stuns.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    The RNG is really the only thing that annoys me. With the quality of teams we have in the top 20, if the RNG goes bad enough, you can just forget it.

Now, that being said, there are two toons that make things more interesting more often than others.

Daka's rez and death save will just tank you if you get bad RNG. In one memerable, recent fight against someone with FOTP, I killed him first.

Daka immediately rezzed him.

I killed him again.

Daka death save.

I killed him a third time.

Death save again.

At this point I wasn't going to win, but, dang it, I was gonna kill that FOTP if it was the last thing I did. And, as it turned out, it was the last thing I did. I finally killed him with my last attack before my last guy got taken out and I lost the match.

But even knowing that, you just can't kill her first with all the other high dps toons around her. You just gotta take your chances and hope you get a little luck.

And then there is the Royal Guard. He is not hard to beat, but you have to be careful and manage your attacks to navigate his auto-taunt.
  • Options
    Out of interest, is there anyone in our top 20 who you struggle against, or just generally annoys you to face?

Well considering you are level 71 now, you obviously :)
  • Options
    Lol

I was excited when I got there, then lost my first battle!
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone ever seen Stan31 on the forums? I've had a good series of battles with him at prize time the past couple days. I got him yesrerday. He got me today.

Congrats!
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    Lol

I was excited when I got there, then lost my first battle!

I saw you and Ace made 71 today. Grats guys.

It'll be tomorrow before I get there.
  • Options
    Krey wrote: »
    Anyone ever seen Stan31 on the forums? I've had a good series of battles with him at prize time the past couple days. I got him yesrerday. He got me today.

Congrats!

Hello. Our shard has been pretty active of late, and that is good news. I had to get back at Krey for swapping me late in the day on Thursday. I've been tuning the team up a bit too, so we'll see how it fares.
  • Options
    When they finally get guilds on the go, think it would make sense to make one for our lot? We're a pretty strong set really
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    When they finally get guilds on the go, think it would make sense to make one for our lot? We're a pretty strong set really

I'm game. I figure at the current rate, they'll have guilds in game sometime next year.

;)
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Stan31 wrote: »
    Krey wrote: »

Congrats!

Hello. Our shard has been pretty active of late, and that is good news. I had to get back at Krey for swapping me late in the day on Thursday. I've been tuning the team up a bit too, so we'll see how it fares.

I figured that's what happened. You must have started combat about 10 seconds before I tried to move up. Good timing.

Things have been very busy lately. It's getting harder to stay on top of it with all the combat going on. I was worried that as people on older ladders quit playing, the ladder would stagnate. But that hasn't happened yet. Seems to be picking up.

Oh...and I am really looking forward to the upcoming rebalancing. I have several characters I have been developing but haven't really been viable. Hoping the rebalancing changes things. I got a team I've been itching to try out.
  • Options
    Congrats on hitting 72 Vortex :) How are the new challenges?

Yeah hard to stay in the top 5 definitely. End up not having the time yesterday to clock watch so just accepted that I would only get top 10. Those missed shards though :(

My ewoks are coming along nicely, hope to run them shortly. Not going to leave them as defense since I know I'll drop like a rock, but should be fun to run something besides dooku.

• Options
    Thanks! I got a few purple hairdryers but I remember thinking I didn't get as much as I'd hoped tbh. They were not much harder though which surprised me; Mace insta-kills every now and again but not enough to make it hard. And the Savage one was basically the same but it felt like auto-ing took a little longer for him to die.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks! I got a few purple hairdryers but I remember thinking I didn't get as much as I'd hoped tbh. They were not much harder though which surprised me; Mace insta-kills every now and again but not enough to make it hard. And the Savage one was basically the same but it felt like auto-ing took a little longer for him to die.

I'm jealous. I'm still two days from 72.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    An3PMLN.png

I had to capture the moment and share.
  • Options
    What a great looking bunch of Dookus lol
  • Options
    Hey guys , good to see you all!
    my nickname is Lione on our ladder. I guess most of you know about my Barriss lead team.

wish u best and good luck with the top 10 ;)
  • Options
    Hey, good to see someone without Dooku lead lol
  • DarthMessi1984
    15 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Well ppl like to follow others and trying to create best team , i just love to play with the guys i like actually, as most of you noticed 5/7 or 6/7 times per week i got the first arena rank but i dont change my team :)

i have a large cool roster but i dont like to play with the same team as the other players and its really easy to defeat the AI even with my Barriss lead f2p team :)

So i will keep my team, just i may make a lil change when i get my old ben to 7 stars :)
  • Options
    Maybe we like Dooku in the same way you like Barriss?