If Rey is a Galactic Legend, Kylo is a Galactic Champion

The balance between Kylo and Rey has been broken. Rey is holding on for dear life while Kylo has her dangling on the cliff of Galactic Legends. One more shove from Kylo, and Rey will fall into the abyss of mediocrity.

Let's talk about Rey's advantages over SLKR:
-She is a member of the best team, which consist of GAS lead, Fives, Chewbacca, Han, and Rey. It gives more trouble to SLKR teams than most SLKR teams, although laughable as SLKR teams still have a 90% success rate against it.
-Her ultimate provides ultimate protection and zero chances of health steal for SLKR
-Her whirlwind deletes enemies
-Has no trouble beating GAS teams (non-GL)
-She's more useful in LS Geo TB where the content is much harder than DS Geo TB

Now let's talk about SLKR's advantages over Rey:
-SLKR can solo the HSith (honestly, this one advantage alone is enough to beat the first 3 of Rey's advantages)
-SLKR holds more on defence in GAC (thought this title belong to Rey, apparently not!)
-SLKR siphons so well. Rey may give her entire team mastery...but only under couple of conditions. First, she requires her allies to have inspire. Second, she requires her enemies to gain bonus Turn Meters. If these are accomplished, these units gain only, and I say ONLY, 5% mastery. SLKR is already a tough offensive character to begin with who reduces 10-40% mastery at a time while gaining them himself. It doesn't matter that his allies doesn't get mastery because he's usually the last one to go. Plus, he only needs to use his specials to gain mastery while nerfing the enemy mastery. This is like a relative 20-80% mastery gain. (this dominant mastery control advantage that SLKR has is enough to beat all advantages of Rey)
-Should I mention that SLKR without ultimates holds better on defence than even Rey with ultimates do against Rey without ultimates? It's not even a joke. If you own a Rey team without ultimates, you have a 20% success rate against SLKR without ultimates while having an 80% sucess rate against Rey teams with ultimates. If this doesn't decide the winner, I don't know what does.
-Finally, SLKR requires relic a bunch of FO teammates, veteran Han Solo, and need like 7 ships. Rey requires 5 FO characters to unlock BB8, veteran Han Solo and Chewy to unlock JTR, a set of 7 ships... and the list goes on if you want her relevant like the first point about Rey above, unlocking GAS, JKL, Chewy...

If it was my call, I hope the next two GLs doesn't challenge Rey's abilities as much as it challenges SLKR's. It would be nice to see a variety of GLs sharing the meta rather than SLKR or Rey dominating. Because if one dominates the other, you likely see a wall. But you know, CG does whatever they want to do. The next GL characters could make Rey even more irrelevant and they couldn't care less.

Replies

• Options
    Zhangster wrote: »
    The balance between Kylo and Rey has been broken. Rey is holding on for dear life while Kylo has her dangling on the cliff of Galactic Legends. One more shove from Kylo, and Rey will fall into the abyss of mediocrity.

Let's talk about Rey's advantages over SLKR:
    -She is a member of the best team, which consist of GAS lead, Fives, Chewbacca, Han, and Rey. It gives more trouble to SLKR teams than most SLKR teams, although laughable as SLKR teams still have a 90% success rate against it.
    -Her ultimate provides ultimate protection and zero chances of health steal for SLKR
    -Her whirlwind deletes enemies
    -Has no trouble beating GAS teams (non-GL)
    -She's more useful in LS Geo TB where the content is much harder than DS Geo TB

Now let's talk about SLKR's advantages over Rey:
    -SLKR can solo the HSith (honestly, this one advantage alone is enough to beat the first 3 of Rey's advantages)
    -SLKR holds more on defence in GAC (thought this title belong to Rey, apparently not!)
    -SLKR siphons so well. Rey may give her entire team mastery...but only under couple of conditions. First, she requires her allies to have inspire. Second, she requires her enemies to gain bonus Turn Meters. If these are accomplished, these units gain only, and I say ONLY, 5% mastery. SLKR is already a tough offensive character to begin with who reduces 10-40% mastery at a time while gaining them himself. It doesn't matter that his allies doesn't get mastery because he's usually the last one to go. Plus, he only needs to use his specials to gain mastery while nerfing the enemy mastery. This is like a relative 20-80% mastery gain. (this dominant mastery control advantage that SLKR has is enough to beat all advantages of Rey)
    -Should I mention that SLKR without ultimates holds better on defence than even Rey with ultimates do against Rey without ultimates? It's not even a joke. If you own a Rey team without ultimates, you have a 20% success rate against SLKR without ultimates while having an 80% sucess rate against Rey teams with ultimates. If this doesn't decide the winner, I don't know what does.
    -Finally, SLKR requires relic a bunch of FO teammates, veteran Han Solo, and need like 7 ships. Rey requires 5 FO characters to unlock BB8, veteran Han Solo and Chewy to unlock JTR, a set of 7 ships... and the list goes on if you want her relevant like the first point about Rey above, unlocking GAS, JKL, Chewy...

If it was my call, I hope the next two GLs doesn't challenge Rey's abilities as much as it challenges SLKR's. It would be nice to see a variety of GLs sharing the meta rather than SLKR or Rey dominating. Because if one dominates the other, you likely see a wall. But you know, CG does whatever they want to do. The next GL characters could make Rey even more irrelevant and they couldn't care less.

This, I agree with.
  • Options
    To some extend I do indeed agree with this. But I think the reason behind it actually doesn't have that much to do with the characters themselves. But more with their team. Specifically with the Resistance Heroes and with general Hux and Sith Trooper.
    Hux and Sith Trooper are very limited to First order (and Sith for trooper). Hux originally wasn't, but had an unintended interaction and so got limited. This means that trough them, SLKR is more limited to First Order. The resistance heroes in comparison aren't as limited to Resistance. While they certainly have some effects for only them, a lot are also all allies or all light side allies. This means that Rey also ins't as limited in her team.
    I agree that the 2 are unbalanced right now, but I don't think that it's the fault of the GL's themselves. I am interesting in how the new ones will interact with the old ones as well, but don't feel like it's a necessity to have them counter one more than the other (or counter them that hard at all).
    I did kit idea's of Ovissian Gunner and Caphex Spy, 2 resistance characters from Star Wars Battlefront 2. Both are designed to fully work with Rey and he lead, so they can pull her up from the edge. You can find them here, if you're interested (links also exists in each post to the other):
    Ovissian Gunner: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/234102/ovissian-gunner-kit-idea-inspired-resistance-tank/
    Caphex Spy: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/234176/caphex-spy-kit-idea-inspired-resistance-support