Allow malevolence to be used in P2 of DS Geo TB

Prev1
Title says it all. Forcing executrix and chimera for a geo TB is ridiculous. Let us use the ship that is specifically for this.

Replies

• Options
    Lol you don’t remember that episode of the Clone Wars where Tarkin led a fleet of imperial ships against the clones?
  • Options
    Lol you don’t remember that episode of the Clone Wars where Tarkin led a fleet of imperial ships against the clones?

There was also that one where Thrawn led a fleet of vulture droids against the Galactic Republic fleet. Pepperidge Farm members.
  • Options
    Finalizer?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Finalizer?

That one too but more importantly the Malevolence.

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat how about a little QoL updates that include this fix? Or would you guys rather continue the radio silence since I’m sure you guys are just so busy with that “ocean of content”
  • Options
    I agree this would be a nice thing, but the Chimera mission can be pretty much soloed with Hounds Tooth, and the Executrix mission can fairly easily be beaten with a Geo fleet.

But it would definitely be nice to use my Malevolence with the vulture droids.
  • Options
    I agree this would be a nice thing, but the Chimera mission can be pretty much soloed with Hounds Tooth, and the Executrix mission can fairly easily be beaten with a Geo fleet.

It's not about whether the missions are difficult. It's pretty **** that we can't use the penultimate Separatist ship in the Separatist Event.
  • Options

The executrix is almost a guaranteed fail if you get negotiator as the opening salvo will stun you and daZe you unless you get lucky and the AI does something different.

Chimera is fine but the issue isn’t the difficulty of the nodes. The issue is being unable to use a separatist Capital ship in Geo TB: Separtist might. An iconic one at that mind you.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

It's not about whether the missions are difficult. It's pretty **** that we can't use the penultimate Separatist ship in the Separatist Event.

Exactly this.
  • Options

If Malevolence is the penultimate Separatist ship, what is the ultimate Separatist ship?
  • Options
    Too expensive
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    BeralCator wrote: »

If Malevolence is the penultimate Separatist ship, what is the ultimate Separatist ship?

The Sword.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    CG still has not completed the fleet for Male... There is still 2 random slots for ships with no sep synergy...
  • Options
    New player here. Followed all the farming guides so I have a R7 GG but terrible (sub gear 8) imperials. Went for Malevolence because it’s a great ship. Got very excited when I got it to 6* so I could finally contribute to the TB and I can’t use it? Yeah you can use the Chimera and win but what about new players who don’t farm Phoenix? Now I’m still Kinda a useless player for ships even though I have THE Seperatist command ship
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

The executrix is almost a guaranteed fail if you get negotiator as the opening salvo will stun you and daZe you unless you get lucky and the AI does something different.

Chimera is fine but the issue isn’t the difficulty of the nodes. The issue is being unable to use a separatist Capital ship in Geo TB: Separtist might. An iconic one at that mind you.

Executrix is fine with Vulture, even against Nego. All the assists just melt the enemy.
    And yeah, being forced to use imperial ships that have nothing to do with any battle of Geonosis bugs me from the very beginning.
  • Options
    I would also like this as my ht is always called for platoons and if I get gk on both battles I lose 99% of the time. You don't get any cap ship restrictions in ls geo tb, time to get rid of the restrictions in ds geo.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Almost guaranteed fail? What line-up do you use? Executrix with empire? Or with separatists (including Hyena bomber and Vulture Droid)? It's not a guaranteed win but nowhere near a guaranteed fail either.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Yeah you can use the Chimera and win but what about new players who don’t farm Phoenix?

You don't need 7* pilots to unlock a 7* Chimaera. Less will do. It doesn't require that much.

• Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Yeah you can use the Chimera and win but what about new players who don’t farm Phoenix?

You don't need 7* pilots to unlock a 7* Chimaera. Less will do. It doesn't require that much.

No but you need a certain star level to use the ship in TB
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

On the ship. Not the pilots.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I agree that it's goofy that we can't use Mal in phase 2, but the Separatist fleet works just fine under Tarkin or Thrawn for that mission anyway, so it's really not that big a deal.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

[...]

• Options

[...]

He was referring to ship star level not character star level in that post.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

[...]

He? Who? Yes, Ravens was referring to the ship. Icy was most likely referring to pilots. My point is that unlocking a 7* Chimaera is easy. What's yours?
  • Options

[...]

He? Who? Yes, Ravens was referring to the ship. Icy was most likely referring to pilots. My point is that unlocking a 7* Chimaera is easy. What's yours?

I was referring to your response to Raven. He said you need a certain star level to use ships in TB. You responded by saying you only need a certain star level for characters to unlock Chimaera. He said stars for ships you said stars for characters. My point was that you used a wrong explanation in response to Raven.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

[...]

I was referring to your response to Raven. He said you need a certain star level to use ships in TB.

The chain goes further back than this. It started with Icy's comment.
  • Options
    I mean the real answer is pretty obvious. They don't want to make the Geo TB completely irrelevant like Hoth quite yet, so they aren't going to add more fleets that make it even easier to do the missions. I think if CG had their wish they would go back and make DS Geo TB even harder at a level similar to LS Geo TB.

I have my suspicions that this was also a factor in making Greef and The Mandalorian light side BH. As of now they are completely useless in LS TB since there aren't enough BH to get the payouts going. If those two were DS, that would make BH really, really good in TB.

Yeah lore wise it sucks, but in case you've been living under a rock CG doesn't really give two **** about lore in this game. Everything goes through a gameplay balance check first, then they worry about making the character or ship "fit the lore"
  • Options
    I mean the real answer is pretty obvious. They don't want to make the Geo TB completely irrelevant like Hoth quite yet, so they aren't going to add more fleets that make it even easier to do the missions. I think if CG had their wish they would go back and make DS Geo TB even harder at a level similar to LS Geo TB.

I have my suspicions that this was also a factor in making Greef and The Mandalorian light side BH. As of now they are completely useless in LS TB since there aren't enough BH to get the payouts going. If those two were DS, that would make BH really, really good in TB.

Yeah lore wise it sucks, but in case you've been living under a rock CG doesn't really give two **** about lore in this game. Everything goes through a gameplay balance check first, then they worry about making the character or ship "fit the lore"
    Whilst there is some truth in what you say, for guilds that own multiple Malevolence fleets that they can’t use in p2 of DSTB, I’m going to go out on a limb and predict that they’re all earning 3* in that phase comfortably anyway.
  • Options

Whilst there is some truth in what you say, for guilds that own multiple Malevolence fleets that they can’t use in p2 of DSTB, I’m going to go out on a limb and predict that they’re all earning 3* in that phase comfortably anyway.

Yeah at a certain point, even if CG came out and said it was for difficulty and balancing, they'd be making a moot point. If you have a full Malevolence fleet rocking the arena, and your guild has enough of them, the DSTB isn't balanced for your guild anyway most likely
  • Options

You're overthinking it.

Dark side Geo TB was released June 27th, 2019.
    Malevolence was released November 27th, 2019.

Malevolence didn't exist when they made the game mode. It's just a mistake that they haven't gone back and corrected.