Secrets & Shadows Assault - TEIR 2 and 3 BROKEN

Prev1
_Skystalker
288 posts Member
edited October 2020
The Secrets & Shadows Assault - TEIR 2 and 3 is broken. How can Darth Sidious hit for over 140k.
I have a relic 7 DAKA with FULL Health Set 6 DOT mods with 143k of health and she gets 1 shotted. (U cant get any higher then this)

Even if R N G goes perfectly the round before and you enter with FULL HP on all your toons its a 1 in 100 chance and thats only at tier 2. Whats the point of investing time and money building a solid NightSisters team which cant even complete these 2 teirs and has a sparrow fart hope of making it past darth sidious. Is he supposed to hit harder then it is physically possible to level and mod DAKA??? - The point being what exacty? To make it impossible with a TEAM it proclaims the event is intended for?????

Who has the time to spend and hour or 2 playing this over and over until R N G works out. Compared to the other events this event is off the scale!

My point is it should be achiveable for NS and if its not then TAKE Nightsisters OUT of the requirement and stop wasting everyones time?

Replies

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    This isn't what broken means.

I can do tier 2 with only a R3 AV/Daka, G12 Zombie/MT, and a G11 Talia. So........
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I am curious. How does your RELIC 3 DAKA survive when a RELIC 7 Daka with 143k of health cant? Are you running DAKA with a FULL defensive SET?
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I am curious. How does your RELIC 3 DAKA survive when a RELIC 7 Daka with 143k of health cant? Are you running DAKA with a FULL defensive SET?

No. Pretty sure it's all health. Dunno what to tell you, other people are able to do it too.

EDIT: Wait.......my bad, this is tier 1 only.
  • Options
    I run R2 Talzin lead with R4 Asajj, R5 Daka (125k), G12+4 Spirit and G12 Zombie.

I don't even stand a chance on Tier 2 even if I go in with full TM and someone dead for a Deathstorm. I've entered with all 5 standing and it's worse.

6x tenacity with health primaries on Daka might do it. Just resist all of Sidious' debuffs and hope for a non-Crit.

Talia also seems helpful, although I run Spirit in the event at 322 speed and she can stay ahead of Sidious for the most part just spamming basic/foresight.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    How does Spirit help? I need Talia to cleanse Daka.
  • Options
    She worked in Challenge Tier 1 to just spam her basic and always have foresight when Sidious does his AoE.. Although she isn't fast enough at 322 in Tier 2. He takes two turns at a time between hers, it's mental.
  • Options
    I'm just guessing but I think there may be something in the pipes to address this.

Maybe a new character to make ns better for this event. Or a rework? Maybe something to make Phoenix beat it?

I'm guessing this since it fits with what they've done with the other assualt battles. They cranked up rebel roundup where bhs barely got a turn in tier 3 but then released piet to make imp troopers clear it easily at relics.

And since October seems to be the ns month, my guess is that they may have something planned in that regard. Maybe a character that puts foresight on the whole team so that sideous misses on his aoe? I could see that.

I could also see a Phoenix rework that still would need them reliced to beat tier 3. Since few people have relic Phoenix, that would be a money maker if whales relic Phoenix to beat the new tier and if they are suddenly relevant in tb, tw, and gac.

So I'm waiting to relic my daka since that apparently doesn't work. I'm focused on papa palps right now anyway so not to hard of a choice.
  • Options
    I'm just guessing but I think there may be something in the pipes to address this.

Maybe a new character to make ns better for this event. Or a rework? Maybe something to make Phoenix beat it?

I'm guessing this since it fits with what they've done with the other assualt battles. They cranked up rebel roundup where bhs barely got a turn in tier 3 but then released piet to make imp troopers clear it easily at relics.

And since October seems to be the ns month, my guess is that they may have something planned in that regard. Maybe a character that puts foresight on the whole team so that sideous misses on his aoe? I could see that.

I could also see a Phoenix rework that still would need them reliced to beat tier 3. Since few people have relic Phoenix, that would be a money maker if whales relic Phoenix to beat the new tier and if they are suddenly relevant in tb, tw, and gac.

So I'm waiting to relic my daka since that apparently doesn't work. I'm focused on papa palps right now anyway so not to hard of a choice.

If they are reworking NS for this event because it's NS month, wouldn't they rework them before running the event?
  • Options
    Jakdnels wrote: »

If they are reworking NS for this event because it's NS month, wouldn't they rework them before running the event?

Not necessarily. They ran rebel roundup as is a few times before piet came out. Maybe they want everyone to whale out trying only to have a new character to whale out on to actually beat it.
  • Options

They aren't addressing this with reworks. The Challenge tiers were literally the laziest way to create new content, they simple adjusted stats of the NPCs upwards a lot for each tier. Which is what it is, and I sort of like them, and the rewards are great.

But they didn't design Piett with assault battles in mind and aren't concerned with how absurd they are to complete. They Just turned the dial up to 11, then 13, then 19. And let us go at it.

Some of they are doable up to CT III, Secrets and Shadows is not one of those.

• Options
    Good thing 6A mods are coming!
  • Options

They aren't addressing this with reworks. The Challenge tiers were literally the laziest way to create new content, they simple adjusted stats of the NPCs upwards a lot for each tier. Which is what it is, and I sort of like them, and the rewards are great.

But they didn't design Piett with assault battles in mind and aren't concerned with how absurd they are to complete. They Just turned the dial up to 11, then 13, then 19. And let us go at it.

Some of they are doable up to CT III, Secrets and Shadows is not one of those.

You don't know that. It would most likely be a new character since that is easier to monetize but you never know.

Maybe the 6A mods will be enough to make the difference. Maybe not. Can't really test it until they are out.

But say what you want about CG, they rarely pass up a chance to milk the whales. And whether this is just lazy content or not, they will release something at some point that will make it beatable. What form that takes probably depends on what will make them the most money.

A Phoenix rework would probably make them money since whales would rush to relic them to be able to beat the assualt battle and I'd say on average, they are at g10 at the most.

But I don't have access to the data so I'm just speculating.

And no, I don't think piet making imp troopers beat assualt battles was an accident. They released it, the whales all reliced bhs to try and beat it but it was still really hard, then after they believed that the whales who were going to spend on bhs to beat it, they release a character that makes it easy with the other faction allowed. Seems like that was planned to make money.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Calo_Nord wrote: »

Yes!!! That way, our NS will be fast enough to deal with Speed Sideous....oh, wait...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Calo_Nord wrote: »

Yes!!! That way, our NS will be fast enough to deal with Speed Sideous....oh, wait...

With 6A you may be able to get both defense and health to get daka to be able to take an air. So it may help but it's hard to tell right now.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @TVF have you cleared T2? I actually came close on Wave 4 swapping out Spirit with Talia. Had 5 stacks of plague and yellow health on T2. Then an AoE wiped everyone. Might try again later and hope RNG lines up.

Wasn't anything exceptional mod-wise either. Left everything the way it usually is for GA/TW.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    TVF have you cleared T2? I actually came close on Wave 4 swapping out Spirit with Talia. Had 5 stacks of plague and yellow health on T2. Then an AoE wiped everyone. Might try again later and hope RNG lines up.

Wasn't anything exceptional mod-wise either. Left everything the way it usually is for GA/TW.

Haven't really bothered. Takes me enough tries on T1 ;)
  • Options
    Sweet mercy!
    69wmmj7a3isg.png

qy4cnxcdnbre.png
    t1pb8c0nswo2.png

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Officially not broken lol
  • Options
    You were right about Talia too. Definitely the key. Managed from Wave 5 on without Talzin. Dang Deathtrooper...
  • Options
    BROKEN is more of a click bait word of choice. Congrats to vendi, great job. It is a royal nuisance. The only thing that keeps me trying is the DYER need for relic materials! - Its just a royal nuisance draining soo much of my time. I have kids so having them hanging on your arm when your wanting to complete something that just does everything to thwart you is the epitome of annoying! Don't get me wrong, lets have a challenge but, i think perhaps a small tweak might be in order especially if they think teir 3 should be doable.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    BROKEN is more of a click bait word of choice.

Well thanks for admitting it I guess.

Also it's "dire."
  • Options
    Has anyone actually tried t3 with a full r7 ns team?

I know some have used an r7 daka and still fail but my understanding is that aoe damage is spread to the whole team so having everyone with more health would help. Just a theory.

I don't have enough relics on ns to test it. My asajj is my only relic at R3 and that isn't even enough for t1. So I'm nowhere close to testing it.

If it's beatable with full r7, it's probably working as intended (whether you think that's a good thing or not is a different discussion). If full r7 isn't enough, then there's probably something coming at some point that will require more spending to make it easier (new character? Maybe the new mods?).
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    R7 on Daka will be a must, probably with Crit Avoidance arrow. Then RNG until you get her to survive the AoE. When she revives hopefully everyone comes back, then Talia cleanses. That's two specials right there, hopefully 2 stacks of Plague on Sid. Asajj taunts with event special, 3rd stack. Talzin AoE gives 5 stacks. He'll take a turn or two in there, hopefully basic basic, which unfortunately is just RNG. Just spam specials every chance regardless of what they are. Then he kills himself.

Worked on T2 with only 3/5 G13
  • Options
    Please for the love of all that is holy and true, make this simmable after completing it. Or scale down the utter mind numbing boringness of replaying until you get RNGesus on your side.
  • Options
    this event really needs to be updated, it's too difficult
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    this thread title really needs to be updated

*tier
  • Options
    If only OP had spelled correctly the devs would have fixed this by now :smiley:
  • Options
    They released 6A mods and are releasing relic 8. It's too soon to tell but if you want to clear it easier that should help.
  • Options
    I guess if relic 8 will be giving your characters close to 100% crit immunity it will help against Sidious. The new mods buff will not help significantly as they don’t increase the primary stat on the arrow.
    Currently with the 50% crit avoidance and sidious doing 4-5 attacks during phase 4 it’s a roughly 5% chance of surviving all his attacks. And having Sidious sometimes doing two back to back aoe’s is just cruel. Having the aoe alternated with a single attack is hard enough.
  • Options
    Considering it took me over 90 minutes to do CT2 this time (same mods and strategy), I'm not going to even bother with CT3 unless the rewards are changed to reflect the absurd RNG and gear requirement.