Simplest things that could have helped with 6* mods

scuba
14049 posts Member
edited October 2020
I am not angry because it is just a game overall, however this simple little change could have made a change on the feelings of acquisition of the Mod Slicing Materials

What is that little thing?
having the rewards for GC be 20 instead of 19 MK 2 Circuit Breaker Modules
nvgWY3m.png

Really it just make me shake my head and wonder if the persons that look at the economy of materials has blinders on or something and runs an equation and never really analyzes the results.

It doesn't seem like a lot however with this new "content" of rarity 6 mod slicing you are losing a lot of possible hype and excitement.
Post edited by scuba on

Replies

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    If they're not going to increase the rewards, they should at least run a different GC everyday on its own table so it can be the stand in for the higher tiers of normal challenges. Especially since they took the crystals away. You can say those were just a stand in before implementing the mats, but as a general rule you don't give the kid a puppy then take it away.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    If they're not going to increase the rewards, they should at least run a different GC everyday on its own table so it can be the stand in for the higher tiers of normal challenges. Especially since they took the crystals away. You can say those were just a stand in before implementing the mats, but as a general rule you don't give the kid a puppy then take it away.

To be honest, it is typical CG to "give us a puppy and take it away". Not literally, but metaphorically. Communication is one of the big ones that can be named, then the mentioned crystals as place holder and malak...
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    There rationing that stuff and only giving us a little bitty taste. I’m not impressed with the new super mods so far. They only upgrade one stat and no upgrade at all to the primary. So now we gotta wait a week or spend $65 dollars to get more salvage. I wish we could choose which stat to upgrade instead of spending 3 million credits and having nothing but defense roll on a offense mod.

Overall I like how it was handled. I wasn't looking forward to a new power gate crunch. If you think about it, slicing from 5-E to A doesn't increase primaries either. So it's on par. This way, you can roll speed again on a 6-E that had less than 5 rolls, or now you can balance and get your high speed mods to roll offense or protection again.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Wasn’t expecting to be able to roll more than one mod today after the GC because CG. I did get lucky and rolled speed on my one roll. 27 speed on that mod now....silver lining and all that.

I wasn't either as I saw what the game data said for the rewards, however I was holding out hope I was looking at the data wrong, it has happened before (ask @Clash2Far )
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/236350/6-a-mods-are-coming-to-the-holotables#latest
    These Mk2 Slicing Materials are needed to upgrade your 6-E mods and can be earned from Galactic Challenges starting next week. You will earn Slicing materials from completing certain tiers and feats. The upcoming Galactic Challenge will reward Mk2 Slicing Materials for completing Tiers 4-7 and from several feats.

Maybe the 1 extra MK 2 Circuit Breaker Modules was supposed to be part of T4 rewards and they forgot
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    There rationing that stuff and only giving us a little bitty taste. I’m not impressed with the new super mods so far. They only upgrade one stat and no upgrade at all to the primary. So now we gotta wait a week or spend $65 dollars to get more salvage. I wish we could choose which stat to upgrade instead of spending 3 million credits and having nothing but defense roll on a offense mod.

Can you even buy them? Don't think so.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Not yet, but we all know that’s on its way.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Not yet, but we all know that’s on its way.

Not really. At some point...sure. That point may not be around the corner or it may go directly to the table (with low rates like relic mats) which is also income from refills for cg.
  • Options
    They have already been datamined to be eventually sold in stores. Why am I not surprised by this. At this rate it will take ages
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The economics group has been flagged...
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    They have already been datamined to be eventually sold in stores. Why am I not surprised by this. At this rate it will take ages

Source? Couldn't find this on reddit.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Oh look, something has been around for 8 hours and we're already declaring it trash. How new and different.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    The economics group has been flagged...

@CG_Cyanides last active August 2019

giphy.gif
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Oh look, something has been around for 8 hours and we're already declaring it trash. How new and different.

7 hour improvement!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Technically I have Know what the event was going to give since the update about a day and half ago 10/07/2020 about 1900 EDT, however I waited until the event could officially run to verify before mentioning how they missed something small on this.
  • Options
    They don’t just take the puppy away they drown it in front of you.
    19 mats instead of 20 seems like deliberate effort to wind up the community.
    One thing I was suprised about though was how easy it was to complete all tiers for mid to end game players. If you have Jedi Revan just mark palpatine then hit auto even with undersized squad.
    Hopefully the rest of the GC’s will be just as easy since CG Don’t seem to play their own game they won’t know how easy the GC was and keep difficulty the same. BUT I doubt it
  • Options
    Economic group lmao that's some kind of new joke?
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Technically I have Know what the event was going to give since the update about a day and half ago 10/07/2020 about 1900 EDT, however I waited until the event could officially run to verify before mentioning how they missed something small on this.

Missed?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Missed?

Missed an opportunity