Pick 5 toons for me to level to 80.

Bex
21 posts Member
Current toons that are level 70: QGJ, Yoda, Lumi, JC, Poggle, IG88, IG86, RG, Daka, Kylo, and Ben

Options to level to 1-80: Barris 4s, GS 5s, Aayla 4s, Maul 5s, Vader 4s, Ahsoka 5s, Kit 5s, Leia 4s, Finn 4s, Savage 3s, Fives 4s, Anakin 4s

Replies

• Options
    Aayla, maul, leia, 5's, savage
  • Options
    Ahsoka, Barris, Aayla, Savage, GS
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options
    Barriss could really useful if there's a big jump in difficulty for GW after the increase
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Don't get Lando or Han!
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • ElToro
    149 posts Member
    Options
    Hoth rebel soldier, lobot, clone Sargeant, snowtrooper, and the most OP character ugnaught
  • Bex
    21 posts Member
    Options
    None of the characters in my post lol
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Bex wrote: »
    Current toons that are level 70: QGJ, Yoda, Lumi, JC, Poggle, IG88, IG86, RG, Daka, Kylo, and Ben

Options to level to 1-80: Barris 4s, GS 5s, Aayla 4s, Maul 5s, Vader 4s, Ahsoka 5s, Kit 5s, Leia 4s, Finn 4s, Savage 3s, Fives 4s, Anakin 4s

Honestly it's going to be difficult without knowing the changes next month to the battle mechanics. I would focus on toons with 'complete' skills and not any particular meta. If you put a gun to my head I'd say 86/QGJ/Lumi/GS/RG with Bariss and Poggle next in line.

IG-86, Poggle, Lumi, QGJ, GS and RG all have great skills. QGJ/86 both can get to gear 11. QGJ has two special attacks that barring a serious nerf are always going to be useful and him as lead is going to be great at 90 even if it slips a bit at 80. Poggle's utility is well known as both leader and support. GS might slip a bit at 80 but he's still going to be very useful.

I would also probably consider Bariss if just for GW. While there is a chance that this fortitude change will make healing less valuable in GW it's still going to be valuable and you get a pretty direct return on your investment. You know HP will help her.

Oh and we don't know exactly how hard the level 72 challenges are but having at least one lvl 80 in each isn't a terrible idea.

• lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ElToro wrote: »
    Hoth rebel soldier, lobot, clone Sargeant, snowtrooper, and the most OP character ugnaught

you forgot
    - Jedi Knight Guardian (tank without a taunt!)
    - Coruscant police
    - Mob enforcer
    - Urorrurrr
    - IG Magnaguard
    - Greedo
    - Ima Gun
    - Nute Gunray
    - Grand F'ing Tarkin
    - FO officer
    - FO stormtroper (tank without a taunt!)
    - Mace (tank without a taunt!)
    - Plo Koon (tank without a taunt!)

I have yet to see any of these in GW or Arena. basically 1/3 of all available characters need some serious rework. I love it when I read all these people that say Dooku is balanced when we have such a long list of turds

to OP. hard to say which to lvl 80 since patch not out yet. I would say you can't go wrong with QGJ, Lumi, Yoda, JC, Daka - at least you should have a viable team for GW, if that will change. as for Arena team I guess we will see in the next few weeks

anyway here is a list of toons that will have gear XI @ lvl 80. maybe that will help you decide
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/23661/list-of-characters-who-can-reach-gear-11-at-level-80#latest
  • jcw895
    80 posts Member
    Options
    I just answered your question on Reddit but you deleted it...
  • Options
    If I was you I would go, Qgj (this may take the biggest nerf later due proposed speed nerfs but his tool kit of assist and remove buffs is still worth it), Yoda (again tool kit is great), Lumi, RG, and Poggle (I almost said daka but I would say his buff and damage attack that has ability block chance is so good even if you have to change to other characters later he will most likely fit into any comp later).

That's my first 5 guys I would do on your roster. I probably will do the same guys plus maybe GS and Daka just to have some replacement characters. If I can afford it!
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    IMHO...
    QGJ, Yoda (if 7*), Lumi, RG, Daka
    Use Cantina to get GS & Five's to 7*
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options

you have a real nice roster... You will probably need lumi and jc for GW, which will probably start to get tough again soon. After that - be original! Don't see enough of maul, kit, leia or finn around. :smile:
  • Options

you have a real nice roster... You will probably need lumi and jc for GW, which will probably start to get tough again soon. After that - be original! Don't see enough of maul, kit, leia or finn around. :smile:

you probably dont see many maul, kit, or leia around because they are chromium exclusive
  • Options
    5 toons to lvl to 80 :
    - ugnaught
    - Nute Gunray
    - Plo Koon
    - Lobot
    - Greedo
  • Options

you probably dont see many maul, kit, or leia around because they are chromium exclusive

yup. But if she's spending - which I think she is - I hope she opts to develop them :)
  • Options
    perhaps look what upgrades you can put on abilities, and choose for yourself what you find important ?
    For me its rey: Basic 15% dmg bonus, 1st Special 15% dmg bonus, 2nd Special 15% dmg bonus.
    i guess your kylo will benefit the most from level 80, he get lash out 15% dmg bonus. with the 50% retribution, he could use that AoE all day long (with phasma even more)

And you know what is the best vs 2/3 taunters ? crazy dmg from AoE.
    and i guess in the upcoming meta you will see tons of poe rg and hans since people heard about defense meta.
  • Options
    Btw, from looking at SWGoH cantina... QGJ level 8 leader abi is 25 speed to ALL allies. not only jedi, all. but i guess its available at 82, so dont count on it.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Barris is a requirement.. if you are not using Barris you are not helping yourself survive in Galactic Wars.

I have (GW) Ahsoka, Lumi, Barris, Yoda and QJ but my arena squad is A, L, Y, Q, and Asajj Ventress (which is another pick I suggest).

I am currently 100 - 70 consistently I win 5/5 daily arena (unless I get crazy RNG) but NEVER less than 4 wins a day. I easily clear GW with THAT squad.. Barris is leader, I have 3 healers basically but 3 self healers, and I do MASSIVE crit damage...
    QGJ/86 both can get to gear 11

I hope you mean AFTER level 80 cap increase because right now it's not true.. I am maxed at LVL 8

Yoda is currently at 9 however.. the only one higher than 8

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »

Barris is a requirement.. if you are not using Barris you are not helping yourself survive in Galactic Wars.

I wish people would stop spreading this nonsense. Barris not a requirement. I don't have barris and as of today I have completed 67 GW. Lately I have been running with Lumi and a 6* ashoka and that is plenty healing. Sure Barriss helps if you have a weak team or no bench but she definately isn't a requirement...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

I wish people would stop spreading this nonsense. Barris not a requirement. I don't have barris and as of today I have completed 67 GW. Lately I have been running with Lumi and a 6* ashoka and that is plenty healing. Sure Barriss helps if you have a weak team or no bench but she definately isn't a requirement...

+1
  • Bex
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help :)
  • Options
    I think it will take a F2P 4 days per level. So you should accumulate 2 million credits over that time. I have 12 L70 7* atm. Hoping i can upgrade them all each time i level.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options

I complete GW every day with DS healers daka and talia. No lumi or Barris. They are not needed. But do make life easier.

As for OP, I would go daka (increase stun, potency, and lower cooldown on heal) RG ig 86 QGJ and yoda. Stun assists are pretty neat in GW. Lumi is a good choice because she has it all and will be useful for anything. Keep in mind though, you can barrow her for LS missions, cantina battles and some challenges from someone else, everyone has her. Except me.
  • Options
    QGJ, Yoda, RG, Daka and Lumi.

QGJ and Yoda will still probably be meta since speed doesn't look like it will be touched. RG is the best tank in the game. Daka is RNG fun, great for defending arena rank and needed for DS missions. With fortitude, healers should finally find a place as the game might slow down. Plus she will be great for GW and LS missions.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    Tanks are useless i guess
  • Options
    Harmonica wrote: »
    QGJ, Yoda, RG, Daka and Lumi.

QGJ and Yoda will still probably be meta since speed doesn't look like it will be touched. RG is the best tank in the game. Daka is RNG fun, great for defending arena rank and needed for DS missions. With fortitude, healers should finally find a place as the game might slow down. Plus she will be great for GW and LS missions.

in that case, barris and JC will be a beasts, and Yoda AoE will be useless, only capable to buff his team in some stuff. so why not barris over yoda ?
    Tanks are useless i guess

not useless, but no need to be higher. thats why RG is viable in 4*, and thats why you need to level up other toons before tanks.
  • Brimley_Ploom_19
    366 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I think HK led teams will be the best ran teams with ig88, ig86, Poggle/Phasma and to be honest vader for the 5th. Don't hate ;) vader will be spreading his dots like a boss flingin his saber around while the rest of the team will be stacking turn meters and basically crits every shot
  • Options

I agree she isn't a requirement but even at 4* she makes life so much easier in GW. I had about 60 GW completions without her and since I got her she hasn't been removed from my A-team with 85 wins now.
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @SidiousIsPikachu

The reason for my choices are based on the users current character's star levels. The squad I suggested would allow for a top ranking in Arena while also providing strengths in all other parts of the game. Barriss and JC are great(in GW), but if their star levels are low they will be liabilities. Not to mention Lumi is the best healer in the game while also being able to produce damage. Barriss on the other hand hits like a wet noodle. Obviously this may change when the fortitude patch comes out, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Droids could make a come back, but I just don't see the game changing that much. Nobody knows how much things will change in the next month when we get the update that impacts combat.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net