[VIDEO] (updated) Ima-Gun Di team takes on three meta teams (Dooku and 2x QGJ)

Prev1
Nonemo
1656 posts Member
edited March 2016
Battle #1

Many would agree that pairing Dooku off with Foresight capable characters like Yoda and Rey is a good idea, bordering on cheating. Auto dodge and offense up for these extremely powerful heroes is presently a straightforward and winning strategy.

For a Jedi team, Dooku means additional trouble since his Force lightning is almost a guaranteed stun. Add the dodge machine Sidious to that team, and you have a dangerous team indeed.

At least, in theory. In reality, the fight is much more even than you'd think.

https://youtu.be/_E5Q6fwRA0Q

EDIT: Battle #2

Qui-Gon Jinn led team with Yoda, GS, Lumi and RG. Hard to take down due to both the best tank in the game and a durable healer with good damage. Didn't know what to expect when I went into this one. Turns out, counter attacks are the shizzle. And "different" team compositions can still be highly competitive.

https://youtu.be/sj0nU2fsS-8

Battle #3

Just faced off against a slightly stronger QGJ team: QGJ/Rey/GS/Yoda/RG. Didn't plan to publish it but I was so happy with how the battle turned out, I thought why not.

Pardon for the distracting notifications showing up in this video. Didn't disable Line while recording. Still, good battle.

https://youtu.be/zu2-wAbEDIs
Post edited by Nonemo on

Replies

• Options
    I think your team will have a hard time holding rank. Too much timing, NPCs are brain-dead.
  • Options
    Wow, ima lead is awesome!
  • Options
    I want the D...

The Ima Gun D B)
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Oh, just finished uploading another video! Di's leadership skill worked much better here.

I proudly give you: Team Jedi! *cheers*
    Versus team meta! *boo, hiss, whistles*

https://youtu.be/sj0nU2fsS-8

Ok, Lumi isn't REALLY meta. She's just decent. If that team had had Rey or FOTP in it instead, it might have been a much tougher battle. Still, a very convincing victory. Jedi are cool.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo says your channel doesn't have any content when i click on videos on YT...
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Nonemo says your channel doesn't have any content when i click on videos on YT...

Could be some local setting on the computer you're using? I posted these links in several rooms and so far, it seems like everybody's been able to see them.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    No...i see the videos, but only if i click play from this thread. When i click your name from youtube though, it says 'this channel has no content'. So the videos don't show up there. I can only view them from these links you posted.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    No...i see the videos, but only if i click play from this thread. When i click your name from youtube though, it says 'this channel has no content'. So the videos don't show up there. I can only view them from these links you posted.

Aha. Thanks, I'll check my settings. I posted a lot of videos by now. A shame if you can't find them.
  • Options
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

No D for me, not even unlocked .

I think this is why the JKG should get some sort of taunt. it would level the playing field against the RG teams.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, it's definitely from your settings. I have a feeling if more people would see your videos, the only thing they will want to nerf is the rng in defense. :smile: Very crazy stuff happening now!
  • Options
    Thanks for the video, inspire me to get my ima, though it will be a long grind..
  • Options
    All I kept seeing was "DODGE" and "RESISTED". Your Ima team might be good on offense, but it's going to suffer on defense I feel.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    SlyKrysis wrote: »
    All I kept seeing was "DODGE" and "RESISTED". Your Ima team might be good on offense, but it's going to suffer on defense I feel.

Let's assume it does. So what? You think he drops out of the top 50? :smile: No i don't think so!
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Just added a third video to the OP, vs the "strongest" team yet - QGJ, Rey, GS, Yoda and RG. Good fight, but Di just keeps delivering. :)
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Nonemo Now some of your videos show up, but only the Clones ones. Not the recent ones.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options

But if he's having much more fun using this team then there's really nothing wrong with it being bad on defense. Games are after all about having fun.

And great videos nonemo :)
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    DV_27 wrote: »

But if he's having much more fun using this team then there's really nothing wrong with it being bad on defense. Games are after all about having fun.

Thanks! Yes, I'm having plenty of fun with these. Spent one crystal refresh and climbed from 40 to 5 today, so I'd say it's very viable for top end Arena fighting. Which further reinforces my belief that the meta is a lie.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    @Nonemo Now some of your videos show up, but only the Clones ones. Not the recent ones.

Yeah I changed the settings on all vids from "unlisted". The others should show up soon! Yay!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    DV_27 wrote: »

Thanks! Yes, I'm having plenty of fun with these. Spent one crystal refresh and climbed from 40 to 5 today, so I'd say it's very viable for top end Arena fighting. Which further reinforces my belief that the meta is a lie.

Yep now it's all clear to me as well. I've seen 'speed metas' get beaten by Ewoks, Clones, Ventress leads, Nightsister teams, even Ventress and Plo Koon one team...RNG IS real tho. I have horror stories! :smile:
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options
    Nice to see, thanks for the videos, but I think is not a very good team in the defense, to defend the rank, because if I have GS I can kill your QGJ at the beginning and then kill Yoda with IG-86, so is better use QGJ as leader, but to get the rank is funny use IGD as leader, takes a lot of time win the enemy teams, and against some teams, as a droid team (Poggle, GS, 86, 88 and Poe) would be easy lose, but with QGJ as leader is a nice team also to defend the rank, but then maybe is better Mace Windu than IGD.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Quim wrote: »
    Nice to see, thanks for the videos, but I think is not a very good team in the defense, to defend the rank, because if I have GS I can kill your QGJ at the beginning and then kill Yoda with IG-86, so is better use QGJ as leader, but to get the rank is funny use IGD as leader, takes a lot of time win the enemy teams, and against some teams, as a droid team (Poggle, GS, 86, 88 and Poe) would be easy lose, but with QGJ as leader is a nice team also to defend the rank, but then maybe is better Mace Windu than IGD.

Yep, I think you'll beat my team on offense and I'll beat your team on offense. It's probably because we're both smarter than the AI :)

I honestly don't think there is an easy way to hold rank. Nowadays any player can see your team and adapt to it. If they have a stable to choose from and want your rank, they're likely to get it. That's simply the way the Arena is designed.
  • Options
    I feel like the match agaisnt the Dooku led team could have gone way differently with a less favorable RNG, but the AI's move where he did Yoda's AoE to steal foresight to dodge the 3 or 4 Jedi that countered was a stroke of artificial genius.

The other two were good games that showcased some of the fun little synergies you have going on there. It looks fun to play, too.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yep, I think you'll beat my team on offense and I'll beat your team on offense. It's probably because we're both smarter than the AI :)

I honestly don't think there is an easy way to hold rank. Nowadays any player can see your team and adapt to it. If they have a stable to choose from and want your rank, they're likely to get it. That's simply the way the Arena is designed.

Yes, but defend the rank doesn't means be the rank 1 all the day, because it is impossible because of the AI random attacks, defend the rank means mantain the TOP 15 at least, if you use a team and you get the rank 1, but 22 hours later you are 30th or 40th in the rank, it means that is not a good team in the defense. So a team with IGD as leader is not very good to mantain the TOP 15-20 all the day, but is funny and efective to get the rank, then in the last battle use a better team in the defense. For example, I'm playing with Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, RP and RG to get the rank, but to defend the rank I prefer Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, Poe and Kylo Ren, are different teams depending if you are fighting to get the rank or if you are offline and defending the rank. A lot of people use the same team in the offense and defense, but it's better think in both things.
  • Morak
    29 posts Member
    Options
    Glad to see someone else enjoying IGD. I have a variant from your team to maximize counter chances. I run 7* IGD lead, 7* Lumi, 7* QGJ, 7* Kit (for extra attacks/counter chance), and 6* (need 5 more shards for 7*!!) Aayla (extra attacks/stun, counter). This team is fun to use and competes. I wanna replace kit with Anakin. He's my project now. He will add attack power to the team where kit lacks. Once this team gets QGJ's offense up its game over. Same would apply with Anakin.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

Yes, but defend the rank don't means be the rank 1 all the day, because it is impossible because of the AI random attacks, defend the rank means mantain the TOP 15 at least, if you use a team and you get the rank 1, but 22 hours later you are 30th or 40th in the rank, it means that is not a good team in the defense. So a team with IGD as leader is not very good to mantain the TOP 15-20 all the day, but is funny and efective to get the rank, then in the last battle use a better team in the defense. For example, I play with Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, RP and RG to get the rank, but to defend the rank I prefer Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, Poe and Kylo Ren, are different teams depending if you are fighting to get the rank or if you are offline and defending the rank. A lot of people use the same team in the offense and defense, but it's better think in both things.

I could do that, definitely. I dropped to rank 40 tonight. Otoh I think the big reason why isn't because this team is THAT much worse than others on the defense. I certainly have no problems taking out other teams on their defense, after all. It's not hard for anybody to win on offense vs an AI that doesn't even focus its attacks.

No, the reason why this team drops a lot is because it gets focused down by other players. People attack those who look different and not "intimidating". Doesn't mean that the team is objectively worse on defense than any others.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Morak wrote: »
    Glad to see someone else enjoying IGD. I have a variant from your team to maximize counter chances. I run 7* IGD lead, 7* Lumi, 7* QGJ, 7* Kit (for extra attacks/counter chance), and 6* (need 5 more shards for 7*!!) Aayla (extra attacks/stun, counter). This team is fun to use and competes. I wanna replace kit with Anakin. He's my project now. He will add attack power to the team where kit lacks. Once this team gets QGJ's offense up its game over. Same would apply with Anakin.

Nice! I'd love to add Aayla to this team actually. I have a maxed Fisto but find him way too lack lustre to claim a spot on the team. I can really recommend the new revamped Ahsoka if you haven't already tried her. Very solid.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    Options

Yes, but defend the rank don't means be the rank 1 all the day, because it is impossible because of the AI random attacks, defend the rank means mantain the TOP 15 at least, if you use a team and you get the rank 1, but 22 hours later you are 30th or 40th in the rank, it means that is not a good team in the defense. So a team with IGD as leader is not very good to mantain the TOP 15-20 all the day, but is funny and efective to get the rank, then in the last battle use a better team in the defense. For example, I play with Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, RP and RG to get the rank, but to defend the rank I prefer Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, Poe and Kylo Ren, are different teams depending if you are fighting to get the rank or if you are offline and defending the rank. A lot of people use the same team in the offense and defense, but it's better think in both things.

I could do that, definitely. I dropped to rank 40 tonight. Otoh I think the big reason why isn't because this team is THAT much worse than others on the defense. I certainly have no problems taking out other teams on their defense, after all. It's not hard for anybody to win on offense vs an AI that doesn't even focus its attacks.

No, the reason why this team drops a lot is because it gets focused down by other players. People attack those who look different and not "intimidating". Doesn't mean that the team is objectively worse on defense than any others.

Sometimes I use a very different team in my server, that is Poe and RG in the same team, nobody is using this team, but from the first day I'm only losing 15 positions in the rank with this team, and sometimes only 10 positions.

The last night I checked use RP and RG, without Poe and Kylo, and I lost 32 positions in the first 16 hours, when in the last 6 weeks I am always in the TOP 15-20 before get the rank 1, so there are some teams that are bad to maintain the TOP 15-20, and this jedi team is bad to maintain the rank, because is easy kill one character with Geonosian Soldier just in the beginning, and if I have Poe only Yoda will play first, so then I can kill your Luminara with IG-86, for example, and also for example my RP, my IG-88 or my QGJ would be faster than your IGD and than your Ahsoka, also maybe my QGJ + assist kill your Ahsoka, for example, so then you only have Yoda and IGD. Is mathematic, you need more speed to defend the rank, so to defend the rank you can use QGJ as leader and replace IGD by GS, for example.
  • Morak
    29 posts Member
    Options
    How does Ahsoka add synergy to your team?
  • Morak
    29 posts Member
    Options
    I have her at 7* just haven't done anything with her
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

Sometimes I use a very different team in my server, that is Poe and RG in the same team, nobody is using this team, but from the first day I'm only losing 15 positions in the rank with this team, and sometimes only 10 positions.

The last night I checked use RP and RG, without Poe and Kylo, and I lost 32 positions in the first 16 hours, when in the last 6 weeks I am always in the TOP 15-20 before get the rank 1, so there are some teams that are bad to maintain the TOP 15-20, and this jedi team is bad to maintain the rank, because is easy kill one character with Geonosian Soldier just in the beginning, and if I have Poe only Yoda will play first, so then I can kill your Luminara with IG-86, for example, and also for example my RP, my IG-88 or my QGJ would be faster than your IGD and than your Ahsoka, also maybe my QGJ + assist kill your Ahsoka, for example, so then you only have Yoda and IGD. Is mathematic, you need more speed to defend the rank, so to defend the rank you can use QGJ as leader and replace IGD by GS, for example.

While I appreciate the effort you're putting into this explanation, I'm not really sure what this proves, since I can do exactly the same write-up of how my team destroys yours when yours is controlled by the AI.

IG-86 and 88 plus Poe and RG really aren't scary at all. Yoda turn meter reduces Poe, then Ima-Gun Di one-shots 88, QGJ can likely do the same to 86 since there are no weak assists in my team. QGJ could also remove Poe's taunt and Ahsoka will either heal up the team or finish one of your toons.

So what does any of this prove?