[VIDEO] (updated) Ima-Gun Di team takes on three meta teams (Dooku and 2x QGJ)

2Next

Replies

• Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Quim wrote: »
    Nice to see, thanks for the videos, but I think is not a very good team in the defense, to defend the rank, because if I have GS I can kill your QGJ at the beginning and then kill Yoda with IG-86, so is better use QGJ as leader, but to get the rank is funny use IGD as leader, takes a lot of time win the enemy teams, and against some teams, as a droid team (Poggle, GS, 86, 88 and Poe) would be easy lose, but with QGJ as leader is a nice team also to defend the rank, but then maybe is better Mace Windu than IGD.

Yep, I think you'll beat my team on offense and I'll beat your team on offense. It's probably because we're both smarter than the AI :)

I honestly don't think there is an easy way to hold rank. Nowadays any player can see your team and adapt to it. If they have a stable to choose from and want your rank, they're likely to get it. That's simply the way the Arena is designed.
    Nice to see, thanks for the videos, but I think is not a very good team in the defense, to defend the rank, because if I have GS I can kill your QGJ at the beginning and then kill Yoda with IG-86, so is better use QGJ as leader, but to get the rank is funny use IGD as leader, takes a lot of time win the enemy teams, and against some teams, as a droid team (Poggle, GS, 86, 88 and Poe) would be easy lose, but with QGJ as leader is a nice team also to defend the rank, but then maybe is better Mace Windu than IGD.

Yep, I think you'll beat my team on offense and I'll beat your team on offense. It's probably because we're both smarter than the AI :)

I honestly don't think there is an easy way to hold rank. Nowadays any player can see your team and adapt to it. If they have a stable to choose from and want your rank, they're likely to get it. That's simply the way the Arena is designed.

Yes, but defend the rank don't means be the rank 1 all the day, because it is impossible because of the AI random attacks, defend the rank means mantain the TOP 15 at least, if you use a team and you get the rank 1, but 22 hours later you are 30th or 40th in the rank, it means that is not a good team in the defense. So a team with IGD as leader is not very good to mantain the TOP 15-20 all the day, but is funny and efective to get the rank, then in the last battle use a better team in the defense. For example, I play with Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, RP and RG to get the rank, but to defend the rank I prefer Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, Poe and Kylo Ren, are different teams depending if you are fighting to get the rank or if you are offline and defending the rank. A lot of people use the same team in the offense and defense, but it's better think in both things.

No, the reason why this team drops a lot is because it gets focused down by other players. People attack those who look different and not "intimidating". Doesn't mean that the team is objectively worse on defense than any others.

I love IGD, but I think the reason he drops more is because that team IS easier than other teams to beat. Counters can be healed, and even a random counter doesn't negate any damage. What I mean is, a dodge from Dooku wastes an entire turn. But a counter still gets the damage in but you take some back. I would be much more inclined to fight your team than a dooku led team.

Both IGD and Dooku led teams rely on RNG. But the RNG from Dooku is just better.

With that said, IGD looks much more fun and I imagine would be even more competitive with Aayla (and maybe Kit Fisto).

I think you also did the videos for clones, so keep up the good work! Love seeing all these different teams!

• Options
    Why does the opponents offense up keep disappearing in the first video?
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Morak wrote: »
    I have her at 7* just haven't done anything with her

Ahsoka adds either the option of an auxiliary heal or a strong finishing move on a toon in the yellow. She works very well with Di because she typically self heals about 2K on any counter attack. That means she is very durable. She also has the by far highest natural crit rate in the game.
  • Options
    Quim, it's not about being #1 all the the frickin' time; it's also about having fun and all your posts in these forums are you bragging about being #1. Being #1 is not a huge deal, I'm #1 most of the time myself or at least top-5 because I got responsibilities that keep me from being online the last 15-minutes. Nonemo is just trying to have a team that's fun and different than the rest of the GS, IG88, IG86 and 2 other random characters that don't matter because GS is an over-powered character. Put together a team that doesn't have GS and any of the more traditional meta at let's see how well you defend too. If anybody wanted to put together the most competitive team possible then of course we'd all have GS, Poe or RG and some other OSK characters, big deal.

@Nonemo : I'm a traditionalist and stick with themed teams as well. I have a Jedi team and it's great fun but I don't have IGD unfortunately. I've also found that EK isn't horrible as he adds some crowd control to the team as well, so having that stun or 2nd ability block available can make a difference. I'd love to see what your team looks like with Aayla instead of Ahsoka too. I'm praying they add her to GW or Cantina shards. Thanks for sharing your team videos.

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »

Yes, but defend the rank don't means be the rank 1 all the day, because it is impossible because of the AI random attacks, defend the rank means mantain the TOP 15 at least, if you use a team and you get the rank 1, but 22 hours later you are 30th or 40th in the rank, it means that is not a good team in the defense. So a team with IGD as leader is not very good to mantain the TOP 15-20 all the day, but is funny and efective to get the rank, then in the last battle use a better team in the defense. For example, I play with Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, RP and RG to get the rank, but to defend the rank I prefer Poggle (L), GS, IG-86, Poe and Kylo Ren, are different teams depending if you are fighting to get the rank or if you are offline and defending the rank. A lot of people use the same team in the offense and defense, but it's better think in both things.

No, the reason why this team drops a lot is because it gets focused down by other players. People attack those who look different and not "intimidating". Doesn't mean that the team is objectively worse on defense than any others.

I love IGD, but I think the reason he drops more is because that team IS easier than other teams to beat. Counters can be healed, and even a random counter doesn't negate any damage. What I mean is, a dodge from Dooku wastes an entire turn. But a counter still gets the damage in but you take some back. I would be much more inclined to fight your team than a dooku led team.

Both IGD and Dooku led teams rely on RNG. But the RNG from Dooku is just better.

With that said, IGD looks much more fun and I imagine would be even more competitive with Aayla (and maybe Kit Fisto).

I think you also did the videos for clones, so keep up the good work! Love seeing all these different teams!

It's not just a counter though :) Attacking for instance Yoda means giving him 35% chance to gain free Foresight and turn meter, so that's 100% evasion. Possibly team wide evasion if Yoda uses Battle meditation next.

Attacking Ahsoka means 35% chance to trade blows with the highest crit rate toon in the game. She'll also typically regain ~2-2,5K HP on a counter.

Attacking QGJ means trading blows with another decent attacker and giving him a big turn meter boost. Etc.

Not saying that you're wrong in your assessment that Dooku teams are generally stronger on defense. But I do like to play the Devil's advocate. And to me at least, having played the team a lot and noticed what happens in it, the issue definitely isn't black and white.

And thanks for the shout out! I'm building Saint Han for the Clone team. New videos will come as I have it all set up. :)
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Good point. Sticking in characters with solid basic attacks will give a bonus when they counter. Good info. I often overlook that aspect of counters and 'assis' attacks.
  • Options

It's not just a counter though :) Attacking for instance Yoda means giving him 35% chance to gain free Foresight and turn meter, so that's 100% evasion. Possibly team wide evasion if Yoda uses Battle meditation next.

Attacking Ahsoka means 35% chance to trade blows with the highest crit rate toon in the game. She'll also typically regain ~2-2,5K HP on a counter.

Attacking QGJ means trading blows with another decent attacker and giving him a big turn meter boost. Etc.

Not saying that you're wrong in your assessment that Dooku teams are generally stronger on defense. But I do like to play the Devil's advocate. And to me at least, having played the team a lot and noticed what happens in it, the issue definitely isn't black and white.

And thanks for the shout out! I'm building Saint Han for the Clone team. New videos will come as I have it all set up. :)

Have you messed around with Anakin at all in-place of Ahsoka? I was just thinking that the counter-attacks may help setup Anakin for a chance to Smite one or two opponent down depending on how the turn goes. Of course if they do kill somebody on your squad you get his other bonus. Was curious.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

Have you messed around with Anakin at all in-place of Ahsoka? I was just thinking that the counter-attacks may help setup Anakin for a chance to Smite one or two opponent down depending on how the turn goes. Of course if they do kill somebody on your squad you get his other bonus. Was curious.

Oh, as soon as my Anakin is ready I'm gonna try this out :) he's only 6* and the farming is slow, however.

In time I hope to get lucky and score a 7* Aayla. She'd be ultimate for this build, with assist chance on her counter attack. Stun chance too, but due to game mechanics they don't stick on counter attack, so. :-/
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Oh, as soon as my Anakin is ready I'm gonna try this out :) he's only 6* and the farming is slow, however.

In time I hope to get lucky and score a 7* Aayla. She'd be ultimate for this build, with assist chance on her counter attack. Stun chance too, but due to game mechanics they don't stick on counter attack, so. :-/

I just got my Anakin to 7-star today, so I feel your pain on the grind. Now I'm going to start my grind for IGD, love the node that is 20 frickin' energy... ugh!

I have a 4-star Aayla and I've been tempted to level her to 70 and gear her out and just mess with her but I can't imagine that will work well, probably still be top-10 / #1 cuz that's what's most important right? lol Aside from her abilities she has good HP and attack power, so she can take a shot or two in this Meta, next one should be better.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    While I appreciate the effort you're putting into this explanation, I'm not really sure what this proves, since I can do exactly the same write-up of how my team destroys yours when yours is controlled by the AI.

IG-86 and 88 plus Poe and RG really aren't scary at all. Yoda turn meter reduces Poe, then Ima-Gun Di one-shots 88, QGJ can likely do the same to 86 since there are no weak assists in my team. QGJ could also remove Poe's taunt and Ahsoka will either heal up the team or finish one of your toons.

So what does any of this prove?

It is not about my team in the defense, because any team can be defeated, it is about your team in the defense. Your team can be defeated by more teams than my team, for example, you said that you dropped 40 positions in the rank, it demonstrates that is not good to defend the rank, when the AI is controlling your team, Yoda only will attack my Poe in the 20% of the cases, and your AI will be very bad, your team is very easy to win with Poggle, GS, 86, 88 and Poe, for example, or with any team with Poe, you are an easy target.

But don't matter, is only an advice, if you want continue using this team soon you will be 100th in the rank, if you don't expend a lot of crystals to buy more attempts, and then maybe you will use a better team to defend the rank. You say that you dropped 40 positions because is a different team, but the real reason is because is an easy target.

To get the rank is effective and funny, but to defend the rank you need a faster team, or at least put QGJ as leader and replace IGD by GS, you will see it.
    Quim, it's not about being #1 all the the frickin' time; it's also about having fun and all your posts in these forums are you bragging about being #1. Being #1 is not a huge deal, I'm #1 most of the time myself or at least top-5 because I got responsibilities that keep me from being online the last 15-minutes. Nonemo is just trying to have a team that's fun and different than the rest of the GS, IG88, IG86 and 2 other random characters that don't matter because GS is an over-powered character. Put together a team that doesn't have GS and any of the more traditional meta at let's see how well you defend too. If anybody wanted to put together the most competitive team possible then of course we'd all have GS, Poe or RG and some other OSK characters, big deal.

I know that it's a team for fun, funny and effective to get the rank, I only said that is not effective to defend the rank. To get the rank you can use a lot of different teams, for example yesterday I started to use RP and RG in the same team, with Poggle, GS and IG86, but to defend the rank I use Poe+Kylo/RP, without RG, or Poe+RG. I am not bragging about anything, if I say that I'm rank 1 is because is useful know that you are reading a text about someone who is rank 1, and not someone who is rank 150, is very different, but be rank 1 is not win a nobel prize, I know, but is interesting know the rank of everyone to understand better every case.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

I could do that, definitely. I dropped to rank 40 tonight. Otoh I think the big reason why isn't because this team is THAT much worse than others on the defense. I certainly have no problems taking out other teams on their defense, after all. It's not hard for anybody to win on offense vs an AI that doesn't even focus its attacks.

Sometimes I use a very different team in my server, that is Poe and RG in the same team, nobody is using this team, but from the first day I'm only losing 15 positions in the rank with this team, and sometimes only 10 positions.

The last night I checked use RP and RG, without Poe and Kylo, and I lost 32 positions in the first 16 hours, when in the last 6 weeks I am always in the TOP 15-20 before get the rank 1, so there are some teams that are bad to maintain the TOP 15-20, and this jedi team is bad to maintain the rank, because is easy kill one character with Geonosian Soldier just in the beginning, and if I have Poe only Yoda will play first, so then I can kill your Luminara with IG-86, for example, and also for example my RP, my IG-88 or my QGJ would be faster than your IGD and than your Ahsoka, also maybe my QGJ + assist kill your Ahsoka, for example, so then you only have Yoda and IGD. Is mathematic, you need more speed to defend the rank, so to defend the rank you can use QGJ as leader and replace IGD by GS, for example.

While I appreciate the effort you're putting into this explanation, I'm not really sure what this proves, since I can do exactly the same write-up of how my team destroys yours when yours is controlled by the AI.

IG-86 and 88 plus Poe and RG really aren't scary at all. Yoda turn meter reduces Poe, then Ima-Gun Di one-shots 88, QGJ can likely do the same to 86 since there are no weak assists in my team. QGJ could also remove Poe's taunt and Ahsoka will either heal up the team or finish one of your toons.

It is not about my team in the defense, because any team can be defeated, it is about your team in the defense. Your team can be defeated by more teams that my team, for example, you said that you dropped 40 positions in the rank, it demonstrates that is not good to defend the rank, when the AI is controlling your team, Yoda only will attack my Poe in the 20% of the cases, and your AI will be very bad, your team is very easy to win with Poggle, GS, 86, 88 and Poe, for example, or with any team with Poe, you are an easy target.

But don't matter, is only an advice, if you want continue using this team soon you will be 100th in the rank, if you don't expend a lot of crystals to buy more attempts, and then maybe you will use a better team to defend the rank. You say that you dropped 40 positions because is a different team, but the real reason is because is an easy target.

To get the rank is effective and funny, but to defend the rank you need a faster team, or at least put QGJ as leader and replace IGD by GS, you will see it.

Come on now. I mean absolutely no disrespect, but a Poe/Droid team is rather easy to beat for most decently developed teams out there. I used to target them all the time when I ran a Clone squad. And when I ran a full First Order team too. Not to mention the times when I've gone meta and ran QGJ, RG, Yoda, FOTP. Which doesn't happen often. In the end, it's just too squishy. But, it doesn't stand out from the crowd. And that's why I think you hold ranks better. You don't get targeted any more or any less than others.

I've built a few very potent and different teams by now, and my experience is that the scarier your team looks, the better it holds ranks. It has very little to do with actual combat strength.
  • Quim
    665 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Come on now. I mean absolutely no disrespect, but a Poe/Droid team is rather easy to beat for most decently developed teams out there. I used to target them all the time when I ran a Clone squad. And when I ran a full First Order team too. Not to mention the times when I've gone meta and ran QGJ, RG, Yoda, FOTP. Which doesn't happen often. In the end, it's just too squishy. But, it doesn't stand out from the crowd. And that's why I think you hold ranks better. You don't get targeted any more or any less than others.

I've built a few very potent and different teams by now, and my experience is that the scarier your team looks, the better it holds ranks. It has very little to do with actual combat strength.

You are talking again about the offense (get the rank, online), when I'm talking about the defense (defend the rank, offline). When you are sleeping you can't control the team, and the other players will defeat your team because is an easy target. I know that in the offense you can defeat a droid team very easily, but I'm talking about the defense (offline), and when you are sleeping also you are easy for a droid team. But if you have QGJ as leader, you have GS, Yoda, RG and Dooku, for example, a droid team will see that is a fast team and will skip your team, or if try to play against this team is very likely that they will lose, but if you defend the rank with IGD, Yoda, QGJ, Ahsoka and Luminara, you will lose a lot of positions in the rank.

So don't say that with your jedi team you can destroy the Star of death, because I know that your team is good to get the rank, you can be rank 1 with this team, but after get the rank 1, or in the last battle, you need use a better team in the defense, to defend the rank. You can be fun with this team while you get the rank, but also you need replace the team after get the rank. It is the only thing that I said, if you are not agree you will check it everyday from now.

• Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You can be fun with this team while you get the rank,

@Quim And that's all that he cares about. Some of us like to have fun teams that are competitive enough to grab #1 and if we have to battle back up, then so be it. If we were concerned about rank we could be like the rest of the sheep and just add GS, Poggle, and IG86 into our team but not all of us want to do that. Anybody that's involved in this game competitively knows all about what characters are your dominant OSK toons.

To be honest, he could drop Ahsoka for his last battle and throw in Poe or RG and hold top-20 at least. Some teams are just meant to be fun, it's not hard to assemble a GS team and roll your face across the screen.

• Options
    Love the vids! Wish there were more people who record unconventional teams to share!
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    Love the vids! Wish there were more people who record unconventional teams to share!

Thanks! Whenever I set up a team I think may be interesting I try to share it. Some compositions are beyond me though. :-/ I'd love to see a good rebel team in action.
  • Options
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »

Thanks! Whenever I set up a team I think may be interesting I try to share it. Some compositions are beyond me though. :-/ I'd love to see a good rebel team in action.

Yeah, totally agree. That's one thing I'm hoping to do in the update once I have my new Jedi Squad, build a Rebel squad with Ackbar lead. Hopefully EA will give us enough time before we have to grind to 90. lol
  • Options
    Ima Gun Di looks pretty good as leader - the counters give the Jedi some needed backbone and reduce the threat of AoE annihilation that so often happens to me.

Just started my hard node farming (well a month or so) and Ima has almost 5 stars with a lucky bronzium drop. Looking forward to fielding that team in a couple of months.

Thanks for the vidz
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Redius
    20 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ima Gun Di is actually the rarest character for me. Not a single drop in the Chrom Packs nor Bronze packs.

One of teams I wanted to build was a Jedi Counter day back when the game was new. I still do not have Ima at 7 stars. Dont even think he is even close to 5. Glad to see his team is still viable.
  • Options
    Redius wrote: »
    Ima Gun Di is actually the rarest character for me. Not a single drop in the Chrom Packs nor Bronze packs.

I'm in the same boat. I have a 6-star Kit Fisto and 4-star Aayla but haven't even unlocked IGD yet. How does that work? But if the Empire is good in the next meta, I have enough Tarkin shards for 7-star. lol
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Mad respect on going all in for Ima-gun-di, he looks great, especially with the team comp you put around him. Makes me a little sad I decided to tackle Anakin first, but he's about to be beast at 80 as well. How long would you say it took you to shard him all the way up to 7? and is he worth using as a non leader as well?
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Peempo wrote: »
    Mad respect on going all in for Ima-gun-di, he looks great, especially with the team comp you put around him. Makes me a little sad I decided to tackle Anakin first, but he's about to be beast at 80 as well. How long would you say it took you to shard him all the way up to 7? and is he worth using as a non leader as well?

I got him up to 6* through Chromium pulls, then it took about two months to farm the remaining 100 shards. As far as him working as non-leader, I think it's too early to tell. Today the Defense up/down effects he applies are just too weak to make a real impact. After the update, that may very well change. Or it may not.

If those buffs become more important, I can see Di being very viable even as non leader. He does hit very hard.
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
    2 months no refreshes I assume? steep time investment, as expected though. I hope they invest in making defense more viable, and make him a new farmable cantina champ while they're at it =P
  • Jensxn
    173 posts Member
    Options
    I was half expecting one of us to show up on your video in the line chat, either me, monty, or sith
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    I really want to see someone with a leveled up Ima with Ayala Kit and pretty much any two Jedis. With ayala and kit already having counter and then getting a bonus from Ima it just feels as if it would be killer.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Duckoo wrote: »
    I really want to see someone with a leveled up Ima with Ayala Kit and pretty much any two Jedis. With ayala and kit already having counter and then getting a bonus from Ima it just feels as if it would be killer.

I could add Kit, but he doesn't deserve a spot. Too weak. And his skill set doesn't do much for this team. Aayla otoh... :)
  • Options
    Battle 1 was so dependent on good luck, with all the resists at the most strategic time. If Dooku managed to stun anyone early game, the outcome would have been so different.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Hyperalloy wrote: »
    Battle 1 was so dependent on good luck, with all the resists at the most strategic time. If Dooku managed to stun anyone early game, the outcome would have been so different.

One stun is one attack down. That battle was won by much more than that. Also, do count all the times RNG didn't favor my team there. I think all in all it was a rather fair fight.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I could do that, definitely. I dropped to rank 40 tonight. Otoh I think the big reason why isn't because this team is THAT much worse than others on the defense. I certainly have no problems taking out other teams on their defense, after all. It's not hard for anybody to win on offense vs an AI that doesn't even focus its attacks.

Sometimes I use a very different team in my server, that is Poe and RG in the same team, nobody is using this team, but from the first day I'm only losing 15 positions in the rank with this team, and sometimes only 10 positions.

The last night I checked use RP and RG, without Poe and Kylo, and I lost 32 positions in the first 16 hours, when in the last 6 weeks I am always in the TOP 15-20 before get the rank 1, so there are some teams that are bad to maintain the TOP 15-20, and this jedi team is bad to maintain the rank, because is easy kill one character with Geonosian Soldier just in the beginning, and if I have Poe only Yoda will play first, so then I can kill your Luminara with IG-86, for example, and also for example my RP, my IG-88 or my QGJ would be faster than your IGD and than your Ahsoka, also maybe my QGJ + assist kill your Ahsoka, for example, so then you only have Yoda and IGD. Is mathematic, you need more speed to defend the rank, so to defend the rank you can use QGJ as leader and replace IGD by GS, for example.

That yoda is meta :P Your Ima Gundi team could have performed the same, if not better, with Mace windu lead. The counter attacks that i've seen, played minimal role in team victory. GQJ offence / buff remove + yoda turn meter reduction is the key to victory.
    A solid counter team would be Ima lead, with Kit Fisto, Ayla, Dooku and fives in it. Your team was more of a meta team (Ahsoka, GQJ, Yoda) with another leader :P

Plus a video i just found (Bariss eww)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MihEa3raRw8
    Post edited by CPMP on
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Now that my Anakin is done I've finally gotten my IGD farming in gear, 60/80 to unlock. LOL. Maybe Saturday I'll have him with a little luck. Ultimately Aayla is like a Unicorn and I'd love to have her at 7-stars with an IGD team. I have the 6-star Kit but his main attack is underwhelming and his bonus attack triggering is far too low. If he was more like Dooku I'd be all over it but it's not. My ideal team I think would be, IGD(L), Yoda, QGJ, Aayla, & Lumi. I'd probably roll with Anakin until I magically get a 7-star Aayla. His Smite ability really gets things moving along and the counters could help set him up even more for it. Yoda and QGJ have too much utility to remove and their damage isn't bad either, Lumi has some utility as well plus a decent heal and not to mention he basic hits pretty hard. What really need is a tank with a taunt.