Spot the problem

2Next

Replies

• Options
    https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/

63 g13. 2 GLs, JKL, and should be farming JML tickets in about 6 weeks when I finish farming Mon Mothma.

Here’s my Carbonite picture...

ztxe45v55znc.jpeg

I’ll easily create the remaining ~130 I need for JML requirements. But I’m not looking forward to starting SEE requirements.

Started May 2016. Have played every single day since.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    it was designed this way so that salvage is something they eventually try to get you to pay for. theres never enough $$ for the greedy. so salvage was designed to have walls inside of them. things that have no value actually have $$ value because of greed. plain and simple.

the only way i keep up is never working on characters i want to which is what makes this game no fun. if you put salvage on anything else but galactic legend requirements you will have problems with having enough salvage for the galactic legend chars.

yeah, except your wrong, because there are ways around it, that dont seem to be hurting development. as opposed to hoarding which in some sense is stalling development to focus it elsewhere.

this does not seem to a system in place to drive spending, or its a failed system to do that. this seems like at some level or some place a "player issue", meaning something going on at a player level that is being "mismanaged" or something like that.

trying to isolate the misstep of whats going on can help guide future advice and development to simply work around this.

that being said it is part of the gear process, so yes there will always be a way to make it happen faster...$$$
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    it was designed this way so that salvage is something they eventually try to get you to pay for. theres never enough $$ for the greedy. so salvage was designed to have walls inside of them. things that have no value actually have $$ value because of greed. plain and simple.

the only way i keep up is never working on characters i want to which is what makes this game no fun. if you put salvage on anything else but galactic legend requirements you will have problems with having enough salvage for the galactic legend chars.

yeah, except your wrong, because there are ways around it, that dont seem to be hurting development. as opposed to hoarding which in some sense is stalling development to focus it elsewhere.

this does not seem to a system in place to drive spending, or its a failed system to do that. this seems like at some level or some place a "player issue", meaning something going on at a player level that is being "mismanaged" or something like that.

trying to isolate the misstep of whats going on can help guide future advice and development to simply work around this.

that being said it is part of the gear process, so yes there will always be a way to make it happen faster...$$$

so what could i be doing wrong? that gear for credits in shipments ive been buying those daily from day 1.
    i spend ally points on bronze boxs often. the salvage just ran out fast, and short of farming LS 1-D for more salvage I dont see any way out of the carbonite hole.
  • Options
    I’m also running into the same issue, and I’ve been buying those gear from store every day. Started this game 2 months after launch. Doing every daily event possible. Spending all ally points to open packs.
    I hope CG balance the relic economy, it’s not good game play mechanics to have to farm level 1 nodes for scavenge material. Either change conversion rate or better still just add copious amounts of low level gear to all higher end nodes and raids. The key word is “add”.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Debuff wrote: »

so what could i be doing wrong? that gear for credits in shipments ive been buying those daily from day 1.
    i spend ally points on bronze boxs often. the salvage just ran out fast, and short of farming LS 1-D for more salvage I dont see any way out of the carbonite hole.

I am hoping to try and work on figuring that out, or at least talking thought as much of this as we can.

I also, dont really mean "wrong", I am just trying to see how a player can get to this point especially being around for a while. its really odd, and while not uncommon, its not the common situation.

while we all know there will always be bottle necks and crunches, this doesn't really seem to be designed for that, at least not at that level, 4 and up, it makes sense, but the first 3 should be almost a given for veteran players.

gear crunches are way more common across the board, so this kind of "isolated" situation must have a cause.

yeah, I have never farmed a low level node for anything other than maybe some odd piece of gear i may need, there are a few weird ones out there.
  • Options
    Could the difference be the amount of low level gear earned from raids over the years? If one places in top 3 position in every raid would that generate a shortage of low level gear income over time?
  • Debuff
    224 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Debuff wrote: »

I am hoping to try and work on figuring that out, or at least talking thought as much of this as we can.

I also, dont really mean "wrong", I am just trying to see how a player can get to this point especially being around for a while. its really odd, and while not uncommon, its not the common situation.

while we all know there will always be bottle necks and crunches, this doesn't really seem to be designed for that, at least not at that level, 4 and up, it makes sense, but the first 3 should be almost a given for veteran players.

gear crunches are way more common across the board, so this kind of "isolated" situation must have a cause.

yeah, I have never farmed a low level node for anything other than maybe some odd piece of gear i may need, there are a few weird ones out there.

9ja0ylhd0bt2.jpg
    im struggling for carbonite to finish off JKL then will start working towards GML, the carbonite cb is going to stall this progress badly. im going to have to waste energy farming LS 1-D and buy carbonite cb from the shop
    I just relic'd captin han solo last night, but cant even put him to r1
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Hmmm..... I think we found a real need for the multiple Brozium buys that we where told we really didn't need. I believe most of the gear from those packs are useable for the circuit board.
    I for one open maybe 5-8 of the Brozium daily and the ally points just pile up.
  • Options
    The amount of crystals spent on refreshes vs just buying gear/shards may also have some impact over time. When doing energy refreshes for farm you get a lot of random other gear, whereas buying gear/shards directly you don’t. That could add up substantially over multiple years of playing.
  • Options
    ragnoris wrote: »
    The amount of crystals spent on refreshes vs just buying gear/shards may also have some impact over time. When doing energy refreshes for farm you get a lot of random other gear, whereas buying gear/shards directly you don’t. That could add up substantially over multiple years of playing.

Quite true, only buy them if you're in a time crunch.
    scuba wrote: »
    Hmmm..... I think we found a real need for the multiple Brozium buys that we where told we really didn't need. I believe most of the gear from those packs are useable for the circuit board.
    I for one open maybe 5-8 of the Brozium daily and the ally points just pile up.

I love it that they doubled the pulls you get for free per day. A very good step. Adding back the ally points to marquees could help alleviate that as well.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    I don’t really see an issue with it.
    I have burned up pretty much all my reserves (49 relics, 13 of them R7, and shard farming second GL), but once that well runs dry, while it will certainly be an inconvenience - I don’t think it is ‘wrong’ that we actually have to farm materials for salvage to gain the parts needed.

The stat boosts from R0 to R7 are worth at least a full Gear Level (or very close to it) in most cases. I personally would way rather have to farm 1 g12+ piece for zinbiddle cards, a few mk3 holoprojectors and a few days worth of low level junk than try to build another 6 pieces of g12 stuff (including a finisher!), and actually going from g13 to g14 would probably be even worse than that (if it ever happens) for each character.

We all got a nice head start on our relic collection by being able to use up the gear that we complained for years that we’d love to be able to trade - at least they actually did give us that.
    Now it is time to dance to the CG tune again and grind, grind, grind (or pay, pay, pay, if that is more your style...) away at gear.
    (Shrugs)
    Nothing new there...

• Options
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Nothing new there...

Move along.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    @Kyno
    For an alternate perspective, I've only been playing about a year. 17 relic characters (only 2 R7). I've been saving relic materials for the JKL/GML reqs that will be months in the future. Carbonite CB's are my biggest gap right now. Bronzium Wiring is next, but that's more easily farmed with better conversion rates. And my carbonite gear reserves available for conversion is low.

Now, being a comparatively newer player, I've probably had to spend proportionally more of that lower gear getting my roster filled out. That should level out some as I'll be activating and gearing far fewer characters in the next year. I also don't have strong enough squads to tackle all the higher challenge tiers in assault battles, but that feels more like would hurt the aurodium/electrium/zinbiddle stock. It makes sense there will be bottlenecks and tradeoff decisions to be made. I'm generally capping at R5 for those reasons. But it does seem a bit strange for carbonite to be my main bottleneck.
  • Options
    The carbonite shortage is just another way that newer players are completely screwed over.