Players must be able to change their age!!

Zhangster
608 posts Member
edited July 2023
Look, COPPA has its rules, but it doesn't apply to people it doesn't apply to. If you are over 18, and you have proof, there must be something that can be done to age up an account to 18+. It's obnoxious to learn now that many players don't have access to even the basic instructions of guilds and enjoy being part of the community simply because they input the wrong number when they very first downloaded the game. (No one knew at the time it will matter.) There needs to be a way for players to change their DOB promptly. Seriously, all this delay and no response. This issue is the thorn of this game.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Replies

• Options
    It's an absolute shame that CG still has failed to address this issue and EA customer support can't do anything about changing DOB...to people who actually deserve this change, for years...and I don't know how long it will take to resolve this issue.
  • Ultra
    11505 posts Moderator
    Options
    I believe the age restriction is for under 13 accounts

Why was an underaged account created in the first place, can i ask?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I know its asked through the game, but I thought its "locked in" by the OS, and not the game. The game is just the UI that is the surface for the OS mechanism.
  • Options
    Players can over and under their actual age to hide privacy information.In my case, I have like 4-5 guildmates who is suffering from this issue. That's why their age is smaller than their actual age.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I know its asked through the game, but I thought its "locked in" by the OS, and not the game. The game is just the UI that is the surface for the OS mechanism.

So, who can change this lock? Hackers only?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Zhangster wrote: »

So, who can change this lock? Hackers only?

The only ways I've seen it be changed is on the OS side, and I think factory resets are involved.
  • Options
    If factory reset is involved, then you basically delete your old account from the device. You would then have to recover said account back onto your device, which would bring back the original age....even if your new account you created has the new age.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think if you delete and reinstall the game, and then start a new guest account instead of logging in, you can set your age again. Then log out of the guest account and sign in with yours.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If factory reset is involved, then you basically delete your old account from the device. You would then have to recover said account back onto your device, which would bring back the original age....even if your new account you created has the new age.

The account is linked to your OS account, which is preserved as you can log back into it after the reset, but I have never done it and dont know all the details.

I would also want against this with a full understand of what's going on and with ensuring that all data is linked to an email that will allow a player to recover thier game.
  • Options

The account is linked to your OS account, which is preserved as you can log back into it after the reset, but I have never done it and dont know all the details.

I would also want against this with a full understand of what's going on and with ensuring that all data is linked to an email that will allow a player to recover thier game.

So let me get this straight, since my guildmate has Android. If he reset his device, log in as a guest to reset his age to 18+. He has the ability to log back into his original account with the new chat settings. Is this correct?
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options

So let me get this straight, since my guildmate has Android. If he reset his device, log in as a guest to reset his age to 18+. He has the ability to log back into his original account with the new chat settings. Is this correct?

See my post. I DON'T think you need to reset your account. It's linked to the actual install of the game. If you signed in with a different Google account, it would be the same age.

Delete and reinstall the game, don't log in, start a new guest account. Set your age, then log out and sign back in.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

See my post. I DON'T think you need to reset your account. It's linked to the actual install of the game. If you signed in with a different Google account, it would be the same age.

Delete and reinstall the game, don't log in, start a new guest account. Set your age, then log out and sign back in.

How do you log out of an account?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    I believe the age restriction is for under 13 accounts

Why was an underaged account created in the first place, can i ask?

Game has been around for approx. 5 years?
    Some of those 13 year old kids would be pushing 19 now. Old enough to have a beer in Canada, but not to take part in a heavily censored guild chat?

• Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Customer Support has confirmed that this is not possible.

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

How do you log out of an account?

Click the "Connect" button under settings and there should be a sign out option.
This discussion has been closed.