IG-88 not a scoundrel????

Prev1
Ok so IG-88 was a legendary bounty hunter and appears in the Star Wars film Empire Strikes Back. HE is in the legion of bounty hunters that Darth Vader hires to track down Han, Luke, and Leia. He stands there among Boba Fett who is a scoundrel in the game. So why if bounty hunters such as Cad Bane and Boba Fett are scoundrel, why is IG-88 not also a scoundrel? It makes no sense and needs to be changed!

Replies

• Options
    GOfish52 wrote: »
    Ok so IG-88 was a legendary bounty hunter and appears in the Star Wars film Empire Strikes Back. HE is in the legion of bounty hunters that Darth Vader hires to track down Han, Luke, and Leia. He stands there among Boba Fett who is a scoundrel in the game. So why if bounty hunters such as Cad Bane and Boba Fett are scoundrel, why is IG-88 not also a scoundrel? It makes no sense and needs to be changed!

Because CG and EA can do whatever the F they want including ridiculously raising the Level Cap when it only benefit whales.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    YugeJazz wrote: »

Because CG and EA can do whatever the F they want including ridiculously raising the Level Cap when it only benefit whales.

I agree with part of your statement here that they can do whatever they want. Catering to whales with things like this is better than making the best characters only available for purchase. As it stands now, the best characters are all ftp. So they have to do SOMETHING to keep the revenue coming in.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    It's probably because he's a droid who self-identifies as a scoundrel. The Empire seemed quite intolerant of diversity and didn't believe in self-identification. Humanoids were allowed choice while droids are relegated to second class citizenry. I bet they don't even get to vote!
  • Patman6632
    213 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The devs don't do what makes sense for the game, such as raising the level cap and other issues. Dooku's leader ability is way out of hand. The RNG covers up the horrible AI to make everyone on that team dodge 80% of the time. At least make only Sith allies gain evasion. Either way, IG-88 the noobslayer strikes again.
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    Options
    Does scoundrel fit? I thought he was a bounty hunter
  • scuba
    14193 posts Member
    Options
    Cythis wrote: »

There is no bounty hunter synergy/group scoundrel is where all the bounty hunters are.
  • Options
    Yeah bounty hunters are scoundrels but scoundrels are not all bounty hunters.
  • Options

Wasn't it IG86 that appeared in the movie??
  • Alugard
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Scoundrel is not a bounty hunter in my opinion. Scoundrels are more like smugglers, which is why chewy and han are Scoundrels. Also, yeah they don't make things in game that make sense with lore. If they did certain characters would just destroy an entire squad by themselves making the game no fun.
  • Options
    Wasn't it IG86 that appeared in the movie??
    Nah it was IG-88. Look at his black metal body
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah bounty hunters are scoundrels but scoundrels are not all bounty hunters.

Got it, for game purposes. Hopefully they get more in-depth and actually make them what they are. I wouldn't even call them scoundrels more like scum and villainy. Now Han and Lando are scoundrels.
  • Options
    empire-strikes-back-ig-88-boba-fett-publicity.jpg
    Look there he is being a scoundrel
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I dunno. He's looking awfully droidish to me...
  • Options
    hey droids have rights too
  • thecuriousocelot
    1030 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Cus this is a game. Limiting toons to one group synergy theoretically allows for more varied squad compositions and helps limit the possibility of any one toon becoming OP. Like what @cythis said
  • Options
    Cus this is a game. Limiting toons to one group synergy theoretically allows for more varied squad compositions and helps limit the possibility of any one toon becoming OP. Like what @cythis said

But Vader is sith and Empire.
  • Alugard
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah and Boba should be a clone too!
  • Options

nope. it's are droids.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options

Try saying that to me with your restraining bolt on.
  • Options

But Vader is sith and Empire.

True, there will be exceptions. I assume this because in testing vadar didn't upset the game balance... lol idk

Are there other exceptions? I'm not surprised Vader is one of them - he is one of the key characters in the SW universe. There would be riots if he was limited to just Empire...
  • Options
    Well if we're going to get technical, there shouldn't be a single Jedi attacker.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Foomerang wrote: »
    Well if we're going to get technical, there shouldn't be a single Jedi attacker.

Good point. The force is used only for defense...never attack.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    empire-strikes-back-ig-88-boba-fett-publicity.jpg

Do you even scoundrel bro?
  • Options
    Nope, he never fought in the clone army, and had no growth acceleration. He was a clone, but at the same time not a "Clone."
  • Options
    Pretty sure we'll get a Bounty Hunter faction later. I mean what else would Zuckuss, Bossk, and the others fit into? There's no more Transdosians far as I can tell that they'd add.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Alugard
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Nope, he never fought in the clone army, and had no growth acceleration. He was a clone, but at the same time not a "Clone."

He is still a clone.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, IG-88 is autonomous and not a member of the Empire or First Order. Wasn't he the droid who took over the manufacturing plant and started making copies of himself or something along those lines? It would make sense if he was classified as Scoundrel, especially considering his parallels to Boba Fett and other bounty hunters who are classified as Scoundrel in the game.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    In the old star wars rpg as well as in some of the video games there are 3 basic classes: Scouts, Scoundrels, and Soldiers. The average bounty hunter would have levels in atleast one, but often more than one of these classes.

All that being said, Chewy was more scout than scoundrel and Boba was more soldier than scoundrel.

The long and short of it is that (as previously mentioned) CG can and will do whatever they want. I would imagine they are more concerned with this game's synergies than with lore or other game's systems.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Foomerang wrote: »

Nobody is even bringing up the fact that some Jedi have life steal. Which means they're feeding off the life force of another being.

That seems just a tiny bit dark side to me, amiright? Looking at you, Bariss.
  • Alugard
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Or humbling blow actually gives offensive up therefore making them more aggresive?!?