Any plans to fix AI dodge bug?

Really getting annoying to be dodged, detected, juked, siked, missed, slipped, faked, sidestepped, jumped, twerked, leaped, -Barris lands (DOAH!) dodged, detected, etc..
Seriously, has anyone heard if this will be addressed?
Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.

Replies

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    What's the bug exactly? Random is random. Characters like Doku on lead or Sid just have high evasion rates.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    It's not a bug, it's a stealth balance to give the defender a chance.
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    Options
    My math says there's no bug
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    They DID fix the dodge bug. Before bug leader dodge abilities did not work. Now they do.

Working as intended, comrade.
  • Options
    Another guy that can't handle it when his careful constructed 7* Tie Pilot misses his chance to one shot the opponent's heaviest hitter.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Another guy that can't handle it when his careful constructed 7* Tie Pilot misses his chance to one shot the opponent's heaviest hitter.

What's "carefully constructed"? This game doesn't currently offer individual character customization.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

What's "carefully constructed"? This game doesn't currently offer individual character customization.

Figure of speech big guy.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Options

lol
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options

Or he can't handle how his opponents Rey/GS/FOTP just dodged and then one shotted almost anyone on your team.

Ya in one of those "dodge is ****" guys. But not because the dodge itself. It's because the dps problem is way worse now that they can also dodge, get offence and one shot you.

All these people are like "it's a meta change". It's not. It's just worse now.
  • Options
    Olle wrote: »

Or he can't handle how his opponents Rey/GS/FOTP just dodged and then one shotted almost anyone on your team.

Ya in one of those "dodge is ****" guys. But not because the dodge itself. It's because the dps problem is way worse now that they can also dodge, get offence and one shot you.

Exactly
  • Options

Eaywen wrote: »
    My math says there's no bug

Awesome! Let's see your math.
  • Options

Soooo, maybe your retort should have been more "carefully constructed"
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

I agree that the Dooku lead thing isn't a meta change. At most it is just another viable strategy. That being said, Dooku lead is still not as good as QGJ lead. There are a lot that are using dooku now because it is viable and want something different. I beat them with my QGJ team 9/10 times.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Singleton don't be a ****
  • Options
    The Dooku dodge is fine (I've been on both sides of it).

On the other hand, I think that his Offense Up should only apply if you dodge the damage and not a secondary effect. But that's a relatively minor thing.
  • Options
    darkensoul wrote: »

lol i like the hat!! and agree
  • Options

lol i like the hat!! and agree

Hah thx. Just goofing off at work one day
  • Options
    Ya thought that one up all by yourself? You should be so proud, I see what you did there... Because the words are so similar... ****
    Valid question met by **** response, who's the ****?
    Nice hat by the way.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

I agree that the Dooku lead thing isn't a meta change. At most it is just another viable strategy. That being said, Dooku lead is still not as good as QGJ lead. There are a lot that are using dooku now because it is viable and want something different. I beat them with my QGJ team 9/10 times.

What does your team look like? Just curious if there's yoda in there.

The team I have trouble with is dooku lead, GS Rey QGJ RG. Basically anytime you miss GS Rey or QGJ they will one shot you very soon. RG makes them very hard to kill unless you have a similar team that can act first, such as QGJ lead where your hoping you kill Rey before her turn.
    Amalthea wrote: »

On the other hand, I think that his Offense Up should only apply if you dodge the damage and not a secondary effect. But that's a relatively minor thing.

It's not minor. This is a huge nerf to people like daka, her basic is giving the other team offense up because her second stun was evaded. This means the best counter to dooku is dps and not crowd control, making the game even more dps heavy. Poe is giving the other team offense up on his taunt? Crazy talk.

I just do not understand why they don't decrease the damage of OP toons. How long has this been a problem? A long long long time. When is it going to be fixed? In a long long long time.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Personally I think the only bug is that AI Dooku is really good at making his team dodge, but my Dooku don't do dook..ie.
  • Options

RAYRAY wrote: »

What does your team look like? Just curious if there's yoda in there.

The team I have trouble with is dooku lead, GS Rey QGJ RG. Basically anytime you miss GS Rey or QGJ they will one shot you very soon. RG makes them very hard to kill unless you have a similar team that can act first, such as QGJ lead where your hoping you kill Rey before her turn.
    Amalthea wrote: »

It's not minor. This is a huge nerf to people like daka, her basic is giving the other team offense up because her second stun was evaded. This means the best counter to dooku is dps and not crowd control, making the game even more dps heavy. Poe is giving the other team offense up on his taunt? Crazy talk.

I just do not understand why they don't decrease the damage of OP toons. How long has this been a problem? A long long long time. When is it going to be fixed? In a long long long time.

Valid points. I am curious to know the makeup of teams that have better success against the dodging teams. Dooku led teams in particular. I have the most success against them with QGJ led teams but even then, I do not believe the dodge rate is as stated percentage wise, or I should say it certainly doesn't feel like it. In any event I do not have any one-hit kill toons, so after getting through the first wave or two of dodges, I'm exposed to be one hit myself. That's where the problem is.